|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mark Doty, Gjertrud Schnackenberg, Henri Cole, Li-Young Lee, and Carl Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Degrees of Gray in Philipsburg" discusses what type of mine?
2. Carl Phillips refers to himself as being a ____ kid.
3. Philip Levine was born in which Midwestern city?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) Kansas City.
4. Howard wrote a poem focused on aristocrats of which century?
5. Which one of the poets worked as a consultant to the Library of Congress?
(c) Van Duyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jorie Graham's work is often referred to as being _____.
2. Cunningham's work was referred to as being cool and _____.
3. Richard Hugo grew up in which western US city?
4. Which fabric appears in the titles of several of Henri Cole's poems?
5. What is the earliest year in which one of the poets was born?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)