|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mark Doty, Gjertrud Schnackenberg, Henri Cole, Li-Young Lee, and Carl Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael Harper was greatly influenced by which type of music?
2. Who wrote "Venetian Interior, 1889?"
3. What type of fish is mentioned in one of Doty's poems?
4. Dave Smith has developed a poetic voice often referred to as the ____ self.
5. Merrill moved back to the US in which year?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Degrees of Gray in Philipsburg" discusses what type of mine?
2. Michael Palmer is said to be one of the original ____ poets.
3. The poem "Planetarium" was written in honor of which astronomer?
4. Philip Levine held which of the following jobs?
5. Which of Cunningham's poems it the first to appear in his section?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)