|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mark Doty, Gjertrud Schnackenberg, Henri Cole, Li-Young Lee, and Carl Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Mock Orange?"
2. Which poem was written for a survivor of Hiroshima?
(a) "The Bear."
(b) "The Truth the Dead Know."
(c) "The Night Mirror."
(d) "The Horse."
3. Charles Olson refers to himself as which of the following?
4. Which poet wrote the "Autumn Shade" series?
5. Michael Palmer is said to be one of the original ____ poets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Einstein's Bathrobe?"
2. In Louise Gluck's "Messengers" which of the following seems to be waiting for the poet?
3. C.K. Williams worked as which of the following?
4. Which fabric appears in the titles of several of Henri Cole's poems?
5. What word is used to describe Robert Frost's work?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)