|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mark Doty, Gjertrud Schnackenberg, Henri Cole, Li-Young Lee, and Carl Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the poets was born in the south but uses a northern perspective?
2. Richard Hugo taught at which university?
(a) University of Montana.
(b) University of Idaho.
(c) University of Wisconsin.
(d) University of Iowa.
3. Mark Doty wrote a poem dedicated to which famous street?
(a) Champs Elysee.
(b) Miracle Mile.
(c) Rodeo Drive.
4. Ammons considered himself to be a part of which spiritual movement?
(a) Fundamental Christian.
5. Michael Palmer is said to be one of the original ____ poets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gjertrud Schnackenberg is considered to be a ____ poet.
2. What word is used to describe Robert Frost's work?
3. Which of the following was not a job held by Wilbur?
4. W.D. Snodgrass served in which branch of the armed forces?
5. Anne Sexton wrote a poem based on which famous painting?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)