|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mark Doty, Gjertrud Schnackenberg, Henri Cole, Li-Young Lee, and Carl Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gjertrud Schnackenberg is considered to be a ____ poet.
2. In which year did Merrill win the Pulitzer Prize?
3. Edward Hirsch currently works as the head of which prestigious organization?
(a) Library of Congress.
(b) Pulitzer Prize Committee.
(c) Guggenheim Foundation.
(d) National Endowment for the Arts.
4. In what year was Robert Haas named Poet Laureate?
5. Which city was the center of the great poetry Renaissance?
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave Smith has developed a poetic voice often referred to as the ____ self.
2. The poem "Planetarium" was written in honor of which astronomer?
3. Galway Kinnell wrote about which of the following topics?
4. Randall Jarrell's poetry is typically centered around which event/era?
5. Mark Doty spends his time between New York and which southern state?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)