|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Amy Clampitt, Dave Smith, Marilyn Hacker, William Matthews, and Sharon Olds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the poem titled, "Onions?"
2. David Wagoner wrote a poem about which activity?
3. Sharon Olds is often labeled as a ______ poet.
4. Merrill was known for writing in which type of verse?
5. Which president is mentioned in the title of one of Wright's poems?
Short Answer Questions
1. Olson believed poetry should be written based on _____, not meter.
2. In Sharon Olds' "The Glass," she writes about her father who is dying from a tumor in which part of his body?
3. "The Tourist from Syracuse" was inspired by the writing of which author?
4. Later in his career, Williams changed his style to reflect that of which famous poet?
5. At the same time, Frank O'Hara also mourned the death of which musician?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)