|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Charles Wright, Audre Lorde, Mary Oliver, Jay Wright, and C.K. Williams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Olson believed poetry should be written based on _____, not meter.
2. In what year did Swenson move to New York?
3. "The Tourist from Syracuse" was inspired by the writing of which author?
4. Who wrote "Venetian Interior, 1889?"
5. Frank O'Hara was deeply affected by the death of which famous artist?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
2. In which year did Anne Sexton win the Pulitzer Prize?
3. From which university did Theodore Roethke graduate?
4. "Amusing Our Daughters" was written to which of the poet's family members?
5. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
This section contains 134 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)