|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Frank O'Hara, David Wagoner, Robert Creeley, Allen Ginsberg, and W.D. Snodgrass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Justice writes a poem about a lone reader waiting in a _____ at dusk.
(a) Shopping mall.
(c) School yard.
2. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
(a) Randall Jarrell.
(b) John Berryman.
(c) Theodore Roethke.
(d) Elizabeth Bishop.
3. David Wagoner wrote a poem about which activity?
4. W.D. Snodgrass served in which branch of the armed forces?
(c) Air Force.
5. Allen Ginsberg is closely affiliated with which poetic movement?
(a) New York Renaissance.
(b) Post Modernist.
(d) Beat Generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Creeley's "The Rescue," the poet describes which tragedy?
2. One of Randall Jarrell's poems is titled, "The Women at the ____ Zoo."
3. Where is the Jain Bird Hospital located?
4. The introduction states that American art was great because of _____.
5. Olson believed poetry should be written based on _____, not meter.
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)