|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mona Van Duyn, Howard Moss, James Dickey, Anthony Hecht, and James Schuyler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
(a) Elizabeth Bishop.
(b) John Berryman.
(c) Randall Jarrell.
(d) Theodore Roethke.
2. From which university did Theodore Roethke graduate?
3. Which of the following was not a job held by Wilbur?
4. Cunningham's work was referred to as being cool and _____.
5. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "The Sheep Child?"
(a) Van Duyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was not one of Cunningham's jobs?
2. Meredith served in which branch of the armed forces?
3. James Dickey claims his life was changed after spending a year in which European country?
4. Which of the following words is used to describe Mary Swenson's work?
5. Elizabeth Bishop was raised by relatives in which major metropolitan area?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)