|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mona Van Duyn, Howard Moss, James Dickey, Anthony Hecht, and James Schuyler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which university did Theodore Roethke graduate?
2. Where is the Jain Bird Hospital located?
3. What position did Dickey hold in the army during WWII?
(b) Fighter pilot.
4. Duncan's work is different because it is considered to be more ____.
5. Randall Jarrell's poetry is typically centered around which event/era?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) Civil War.
(d) The Great Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words is not used in reference to Howard Nemerov's work?
2. What was Meredith's job?
3. Which of the following is not one of Lowell's poems?
4. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
5. What is the earliest year in which one of the poets was born?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)