|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mona Van Duyn, Howard Moss, James Dickey, Anthony Hecht, and James Schuyler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrigue was influenced by which famous composer?
2. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "The Sheep Child?"
(d) Van Duyn.
3. According to the text, the best English language literature was produced in which century?
4. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
5. Which city was the center of the great poetry Renaissance?
(b) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of Lowell's poems?
2. Which of the following words is not used in reference to Howard Nemerov's work?
3. Which series of numbers is in the poem titled, "A Century of Epigrams?"
4. Elizabeth Bishop was raised by relatives in which major metropolitan area?
5. One of Randall Jarrell's poems is titled, "The Women at the ____ Zoo."
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)