|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May Swenson, Robert Duncan, William Meredith, Howard Nemerov, and Richard Wilbur.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is best used to describe Robert Lowell?
2. Elizabeth Bishop was raised by relatives in which major metropolitan area?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
3. Mary Swenson received a degree in which discipline?
4. Which city was the center of the great poetry Renaissance?
(d) San Francisco.
5. What was Meredith's job?
(b) Flying nurse.
(d) Auto mechanic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the latest year in which one of the poets was born?
2. How many poets appear in the book?
3. In what year did Swenson move to New York?
4. In what year was the position established?
5. Which of Cunningham's poems it the first to appear in his section?
This section contains 127 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)