|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May Swenson, Robert Duncan, William Meredith, Howard Nemerov, and Richard Wilbur.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is best used to describe Robert Lowell?
2. Meredith served in which branch of the armed forces?
(a) Coast Guard.
(c) Air Force.
3. Which of the following was not a job held by Wilbur?
4. According to the text, the best English language literature was produced in which century?
5. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Duncan was linked to the _______ poets.
2. Which of the following is not one of Lowell's poems?
3. Which poet cites Auden and Frost as his influences?
4. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
5. The introduction states that American art was great because of _____.
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)