|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May Swenson, Robert Duncan, William Meredith, Howard Nemerov, and Richard Wilbur.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was not one of Cunningham's jobs?
2. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. Which series of numbers is in the poem titled, "A Century of Epigrams?"
(a) 26, 52, 55, 65, 79.
(b) 23, 57, 51, 62, 73.
(c) 24, 51, 53, 60, 77.
(d) 29, 53, 55, 62, 76.
4. Duncan was linked to the _______ poets.
(a) Black Mountain.
(b) Ancient Greek.
(c) Post Modern.
(d) Greenwich Village.
5. What is the latest year in which one of the poets was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poet cites Auden and Frost as his influences?
2. Cunningham's work was referred to as being cool and _____.
3. Mary Swenson received a degree in which discipline?
4. Which of the following words is used to describe Mary Swenson's work?
5. Which of the following words is not used in reference to Howard Nemerov's work?
This section contains 136 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)