|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May Swenson, Robert Duncan, William Meredith, Howard Nemerov, and Richard Wilbur.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Cunningham's poems it the first to appear in his section?
(a) "To My Wife,"
(b) "Middle Passage."
(c) "For my Contemporaries."
(d) "A Century of Epigrams."
2. The introduction states that American art was great because of _____.
3. Robert Penn Warren is said to have written poetry in a _____ style.
4. Mary Swenson received a degree in which discipline?
5. Meredith served in which branch of the armed forces?
(a) Coast Guard.
(b) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Frederick Douglass?"
2. Olson believed poetry should be written based on _____, not meter.
3. Elizabeth Bishop was raised by relatives in which major metropolitan area?
4. Which series of numbers is in the poem titled, "A Century of Epigrams?"
5. In what year was the position established?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)