|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May Swenson, Robert Duncan, William Meredith, Howard Nemerov, and Richard Wilbur.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which university did Theodore Roethke graduate?
2. Mary Swenson received a degree in which discipline?
3. Cunningham's work was referred to as being cool and _____.
4. The introduction states that American art was great because of _____.
5. Elizabeth Bishop was raised by relatives in which major metropolitan area?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
2. Which of the following words is used to describe Mary Swenson's work?
3. Which series of numbers is in the poem titled, "A Century of Epigrams?"
4. Olson believed poetry should be written based on _____, not meter.
5. Robert Penn Warren is said to have written poetry in a _____ style.
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)