|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Louise Gluck, Sandra McPherson, Michael Palmer, Ellen Bryant Voigt, and Kay Ryan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the poets was a high school football star?
2. Which poet wrote "To the Harbormaster?"
3. John Ashbery lived in which European city?
4. Who served as the first Poet Laureate of the United States?
5. While in residence in Europe, Ashbery held which job?
(a) Tour guide.
(c) Art critic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the poem titled, "Onions?"
2. What was the name of the publication edited by Van Duyn?
3. Anne Sexton wrote a poem based on which famous painting?
4. Which of the poets had a Hasidic Russian rabbi for a father?
5. "The Tourist from Syracuse" was inspired by the writing of which author?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)