|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Denise Levertov, Richard Hugo, Edgar Bowers, Carolyn Kizer, and Donald Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
(a) Theodore Roethke.
(b) Randall Jarrell.
(c) Elizabeth Bishop.
(d) John Berryman.
2. Which city was the center of the great poetry Renaissance?
(d) San Francisco.
3. Carolyn Kizer wrote a poem about man's abuse of which natural resource?
4. Richard Hugo grew up in which western US city?
(a) Santa Barbara.
5. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "The Sheep Child?"
(b) Van Duyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the poets worked as a consultant to the Library of Congress?
2. Garrigue was influenced by which famous composer?
3. Which was not one of Cunningham's jobs?
4. Randall Jarrell's poetry is typically centered around which event/era?
5. Which of the following is not one of Lowell's poems?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)