|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Amy Clampitt, Dave Smith, Marilyn Hacker, William Matthews, and Sharon Olds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a main theme in Amy Clampitt's work?
2. Philip Levine was born in which Midwestern city?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) Kansas City.
3. Philip Levine was greatly impacted by which war?
(a) Spanish War.
(b) World War II.
(c) War of the Roses.
(d) Korean War.
4. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "The Sheep Child?"
(b) Van Duyn.
5. Which poet works at Johns Hopkins University?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poet wrote about the "domestic self?"
2. In Sharon Olds' "The Glass," she writes about her father who is dying from a tumor in which part of his body?
3. Sharon Olds is often labeled as a ______ poet.
4. In which year was Van Duyn appointed as the Poet Laureate?
5. Who wrote "The Mad Potter?"
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)