|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Amy Clampitt, Dave Smith, Marilyn Hacker, William Matthews, and Sharon Olds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne Sexton lived in which city?
2. What was the name of the publication edited by Van Duyn?
3. In which year did Anne Sexton win the Pulitzer Prize?
4. Anne Sexton wrote a poem based on which famous painting?
(a) The Last Supper.
(b) The Madonna and Child.
(c) Starry Night.
(d) Mona Lisa.
5. Which poem was written for a survivor of Hiroshima?
(a) "The Night Mirror."
(b) "The Bear."
(c) "The Horse."
(d) "The Truth the Dead Know."
Short Answer Questions
1. Philip Levine held which of the following jobs?
2. Which poet wrote about the "domestic self?"
3. Which of the following is a main theme in Amy Clampitt's work?
4. Galway Kinnell wrote about which of the following topics?
5. What position did Dickey hold in the army during WWII?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)