|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Amy Clampitt, Dave Smith, Marilyn Hacker, William Matthews, and Sharon Olds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poem was written for a survivor of Hiroshima?
(a) "The Night Mirror."
(b) "The Bear."
(c) "The Horse."
(d) "The Truth the Dead Know."
2. Marilyn Hacker previously worked as a salesperson. Which item did Hacker sell?
(a) Modern art.
(c) Vintage clothes.
(d) Antique books.
3. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "The Sheep Child?"
(c) Van Duyn.
4. Marilyn Hacker spends six months of the year in New York; the other six months in _____.
(a) New Orleans.
5. What position did Dickey hold in the army during WWII?
(d) Fighter pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the poem titled, "Onions?"
2. Philip Levine was greatly impacted by which war?
3. Who prompted Anne Sexton to start a writing career?
4. Anne Sexton wrote a poem based on which famous painting?
5. In Sharon Olds' "The Glass," she writes about her father who is dying from a tumor in which part of his body?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)