|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Amy Clampitt, Dave Smith, Marilyn Hacker, William Matthews, and Sharon Olds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William Matthews is not connected to which of the following colleges/universities?
(b) University of Pennsylvania.
(c) New York City College.
(d) University of North Carolina.
2. How old was Amy Clampitt when her first book was published?
3. Philip Levine was born in which Midwestern city?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) Kansas City.
4. Which one of the poets worked as a consultant to the Library of Congress?
(b) Van Duyn.
5. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "The Sheep Child?"
(c) Van Duyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the poem titled, "Onions?"
2. Anne Sexton wrote a poem based on which famous painting?
3. In which year did Anne Sexton win the Pulitzer Prize?
4. Which of the poets was a high school football star?
5. What was the name of the publication edited by Van Duyn?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)