Introduction, Robert Lowell, Elizabeth Bishop, Theodore Roethke, John Berryman, and Randall Jarrell
1. How many poets appear in the book?
2. What is the earliest year in which one of the poets was born?
3. What is the latest year in which one of the poets was born?
4. The introduction states that American art was great because of _____.
5. According to the text, the best English language literature was produced in which century?
6. What word is best used to describe Robert Lowell?
7. Which of the following is not one of Lowell's poems?
(b) "Man and Wife."
(c) "Skunk Hour."
(d) "One Art."
8. Elizabeth Bishop was raised by relatives in which major metropolitan area?
(b) New York.
(d) St. Louis.
9. From which university did Theodore Roethke graduate?
10. Randall Jarrell's poetry is typically centered around which event/era?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) World War II.
(c) Civil War.
(d) World War I.
This section contains 2,571 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)