|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say the "O" in her name looked like?
2. What does the commissioner pull out of his front pocket before reading the first question?
3. What holiday has just passed when Ethan suggests that Nadia have Ginger try out for Annie?
4. What did Mrs. Singh do for a living before she died?
5. How does Julian feel about Nadia's bickering with Noah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
2. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
3. Explain how Mrs. Olinski goes about gaining an impression of Ethan.
4. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
5. Why is Julian worried about Ginger's understudy?
6. Describe the differences between The Souls and the team from Maxwell.
7. Describe how Ethan feels about Julian when the two first meet.
8. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
9. Explain how Noah and Tillie cut costs on the groceries for the wedding.
10. What angers Nadia in her conversation with Ethan, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Dr. Rohmer and explain what he has to do with the novel's theme of power.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how The Souls become friends and describe what their friendship is like. Then choose one of the characters from the group and explain what the friendship means to that member in particular.
Essay Topic 3
Name some of the "underdogs" in the story, explain how they are underdogs and describe why it's important for the underdogs to win.
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)