|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say about her fourth choice for the Academic Bowl team?
2. Whom does Izzy say the red wagon is a gift from?
3. What does the narrator say Mrs. Olinski knows about Nadia?
4. How does Ethan find out that Nadia is also invited to the tea party?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski realize when she sees that the message on the board has been changed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
2. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
3. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
4. What is Ham Knapp planning that Julian finds out about on the bus?
5. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
6. Describe the relationship between Mrs. Olinski and Mrs. Draper.
7. Explain the realization Nadia and her dad have about how Nadia is like the turtles.
8. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
9. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
10. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the main characters from "The View from Saturday" and explain how that character has been on a journey, and what that character found on their journey.
Essay Topic 2
Using specific examples, explain how mistakes and perfectionism are recurring themes throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Julian, Ethan, Nadia and Mrs. Olinski all contribute to the novel's theme of feeling like an outsider.
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)