Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Olinski wearing at the Bowl?
2. What is remarkable about The Souls making it to the finals?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski do in order to find out about Ethan?
4. What color of hair does Mrs. Olinski NOT mention in her joke with Dr. Rohmer?
5. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what The Souls do after their win to show their support and unity with Mrs. Olinski.
2. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
3. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
4. Explain Julian's answer to the question about acronyms that have entered the language as words.
5. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
6. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
7. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
8. What does Mrs. Olinski say about how she chose the members of her Academic Bowl team?
9. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
10. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
Choose one of the main characters from "The View from Saturday" and explain how that character has been on a journey, and what that character found on their journey.
In chapter 10, Mr. Singh tells Mrs. Olinski that "It often takes more courage to be a passenger than a driver." Explain what he means by this quote and give a descriptive example using one of the characters from the book.
Describe the conversation that Mrs. Olinski and Dr. Rohmer have about multiculturalism in chapter 2. Then explain what this conversation tells the reader about Dr. Rohmer's views of multiculturalism versus Mrs. Olinski's views.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)