|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the monkey that accompanies Julian and his family aboard the ship?
2. Why does Noah get sent to visit his grandparents?
3. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
4. What is the first thing Julian teaches Nadia while The Souls are training Ginger for her audition?
5. What word do the onlookers keep saying while Izzy and Margy are digging out the turtles' nest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
2. Describe the relationship between Mrs. Olinski and Mrs. Draper.
3. Why does Mrs. Olinski leave her name and the word "paraplegic" written on the board on the first day, and what does she learn from this experience?
4. Describe the differences between The Souls and the team from Maxwell.
5. What is the first question posed during the finals, and how does Mrs. Olinski react after she hears the question?
6. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
7. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
8. Explain the discussion Mrs. Olinski has with Dr. Rohmer about multiculturalism in chapter 2.
9. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
10. What are Julian's first few days at school like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how The Souls become friends and describe what their friendship is like. Then choose one of the characters from the group and explain what the friendship means to that member in particular.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the topic of courtesy repeats itself throughout the novel and how the idea of courtesy helps the reader to see each of the characters.
Essay Topic 3
In chapter 10, Mr. Singh tells Mrs. Olinski that "It often takes more courage to be a passenger than a driver." Explain what he means by this quote and give a descriptive example using one of the characters from the book.
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)