|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 3, how many of the places in the Academic Bowl question are the contestants required to give an answer about?
2. What word does Mrs. Olinski write on the board below her name on the first day of homeroom?
3. Whom is the "man of the hour" in chapter 2?
4. What does Allen break that prevents him from being the best man at the wedding?
5. What is Mrs. Olinski wearing at the Bowl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
2. What question does Ethan ask during The Souls' latest tea party, and what does each member answer?
3. Explain how Noah and Tillie cut costs on the groceries for the wedding.
4. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
5. Describe how Ethan feels about Julian when the two first meet.
6. Explain the realization Nadia and her dad have about how Nadia is like the turtles.
7. What is Mrs. Olinski's impression of the commissioner of education as he directs the Academic Bowl?
8. What angers Nadia in her conversation with Ethan, and why?
9. Explain how Mrs. Olinski goes about gaining an impression of Ethan.
10. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name some of the "underdogs" in the story, explain how they are underdogs and describe why it's important for the underdogs to win.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narrative style of "The View from Saturday" and explain how this narrative style affects the reader's experience of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples, explain how mistakes and perfectionism are recurring themes throughout the book.
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)