|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethan give Julian as a gift?
2. What does the narrator say the chicken-and-egg discussion ended with?
3. What does Tillie say is the biggest single factor in the decline of Western Civilization?
4. What does Ethan want to be when he grows up?
5. Which student asks Mrs. Olinski to write higher on the board?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the discussion Mrs. Olinski has with Dr. Rohmer about multiculturalism in chapter 2.
2. What question does Ethan ask during The Souls' latest tea party, and what does each member answer?
3. Explain how Mrs. Olinski goes about gaining an impression of Ethan.
4. What are Julian's first few days at school like?
5. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
6. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
7. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
8. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
9. Describe how Ethan feels about Julian when the two first meet.
10. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In chapter 10, Mr. Singh tells Mrs. Olinski that "It often takes more courage to be a passenger than a driver." Explain what he means by this quote and give a descriptive example using one of the characters from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Julian finds out about Ham just before Ginger plays Sandy at the first performance of Annie, what he decides to do about it, and what this says about Julian's character.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what Mrs. Olinski decides to do in order to get to know Ethan better, and explain why this is important to Ethan and how it relates to Ethan's character.
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)