|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nadia greet Mrs. Olinski?
2. What does Allen break that prevents him from being the best man at the wedding?
3. What does Ethan want to be when he grows up?
4. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
5. Whom does Mrs. Olinski give a bad answer to about how she picked her team?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
2. Explain the discussion Mrs. Olinski has with Dr. Rohmer about multiculturalism in chapter 2.
3. What is the first question posed during the finals, and how does Mrs. Olinski react after she hears the question?
4. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
5. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
6. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
7. What angers Nadia in her conversation with Ethan, and why?
8. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
9. Why is Julian worried about Ginger's understudy?
10. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how The Souls become friends and describe what their friendship is like. Then choose one of the characters from the group and explain what the friendship means to that member in particular.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Julian finds out about Ham just before Ginger plays Sandy at the first performance of Annie, what he decides to do about it, and what this says about Julian's character.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the narrative style of "The View from Saturday" and explain how this narrative style affects the reader's experience of the story.
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)