|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of the workshop Dr. Rohmer completed?
2. Whom is the "man of the hour" in chapter 2?
3. What does Allen break that prevents him from being the best man at the wedding?
4. What does Julian say his mother was?
5. When does Ethan ring in after the question about the places in New York State is asked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
2. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
3. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
4. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
5. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
6. Why is Julian worried about Ginger's understudy?
7. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
8. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
9. Explain the realization Nadia and her dad have about how Nadia is like the turtles.
10. What is Mrs. Olinski's impression of the commissioner of education as he directs the Academic Bowl?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the question Mrs. Olinski asks The Souls at the end of the book and how it relates to the topics of friendship and journeys.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Noah gives as a surprise present to the guests at Izzy and Margy's wedding and what this tells the reader about Noah.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how E.L. Konigsburg uses foreshadowing and flashbacks and the effect this technique has on the reader's emotion and what the reader knows. Be sure to use specific details from the story!
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)