|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chooses The Souls' name?
2. What does Ethan want to be when he grows up?
3. Julian shows his friends a tiny sculpture of _________.
4. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
5. What did Mr. Singh do for a living before buying the Sillington place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Noah and Tillie cut costs on the groceries for the wedding.
2. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
3. What are Julian's first few days at school like?
4. What question does Ethan ask during The Souls' latest tea party, and what does each member answer?
5. What does Julian decide to do when he finds out that Arnold will be acting during the performance instead of Ginger, and how does he get even with Ham in the end?
6. What is Mrs. Olinski's impression of the commissioner of education as he directs the Academic Bowl?
7. What is the first question posed during the finals, and how does Mrs. Olinski react after she hears the question?
8. What angers Nadia in her conversation with Ethan, and why?
9. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
10. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the question Mrs. Olinski asks The Souls at the end of the book and how it relates to the topics of friendship and journeys.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the mood at Sillington House and, using specific situations and events from the book, describe why Sillington House is important as a place of setting.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples, explain how mistakes and perfectionism are recurring themes throughout the book.
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)