|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
2. Why does Noah say he can't write a B&B letter to his grandparents?
3. What is Mrs. Olinski's middle name?
4. What does Julian do to get his friends to help him save Ginger?
5. What is the kind of audition called that Nadia takes Ginger to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julian decide to do when he finds out that Arnold will be acting during the performance instead of Ginger, and how does he get even with Ham in the end?
2. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
3. What is the first question posed during the finals, and how does Mrs. Olinski react after she hears the question?
4. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
5. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
6. What is Mrs. Olinski's impression of the commissioner of education as he directs the Academic Bowl?
7. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
8. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
9. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
10. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how The Souls become friends and describe what their friendship is like. Then choose one of the characters from the group and explain what the friendship means to that member in particular.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dr. Rohmer and explain what he has to do with the novel's theme of power.
Essay Topic 3
The relationship that Mrs. Olinski has to The Souls is a two-way relationship. Explain why this is true by describing how the relationship has helped both The Souls and Mrs. Olinski. Finally, explain what The Souls' desire to help says about the character of each of the members.
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)