|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
2. When does Ethan ring in after the question about the places in New York State is asked?
3. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
4. What does Julian say his mother was?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski say she gets when introducing herself to her homeroom class for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
2. What angers Nadia in her conversation with Ethan, and why?
3. Describe the relationship between Mrs. Olinski and Mrs. Draper.
4. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
5. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
6. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
7. Explain the realization Nadia and her dad have about how Nadia is like the turtles.
8. What does Mrs. Olinski say about how she chose the members of her Academic Bowl team?
9. Describe how Ethan feels about Julian when the two first meet.
10. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship that Mrs. Olinski has to The Souls is a two-way relationship. Explain why this is true by describing how the relationship has helped both The Souls and Mrs. Olinski. Finally, explain what The Souls' desire to help says about the character of each of the members.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the main characters from "The View from Saturday" and explain how that character has been on a journey, and what that character found on their journey.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the narrative style of "The View from Saturday" and explain how this narrative style affects the reader's experience of the story.
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)