|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place where Noah's grandparents live?
2. What does Mrs. Draper never call herself?
3. What is Mrs. Olinski's middle name?
4. Who was the principal at the first school where Mrs. Olinski taught?
5. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Olinski leave her name and the word "paraplegic" written on the board on the first day, and what does she learn from this experience?
2. What is Ham Knapp planning that Julian finds out about on the bus?
3. What question does Ethan ask during The Souls' latest tea party, and what does each member answer?
4. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
5. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
6. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
7. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
8. Explain how Mrs. Olinski goes about gaining an impression of Ethan.
9. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
10. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski's first few minutes in class that he or she didn't know before the beginning of chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the main characters from "The View from Saturday" and explain how that character has been on a journey, and what that character found on their journey.
Essay Topic 2
It is hinted throughout the novel that sixth graders have changed. Explain some of the examples from the book that support this idea, and state whether you believe that it's true. Support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what Nadia tells her father that the turtles do between the time they hatch and the time they mate. Then, describe how Nadia herself is like the turtles.
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)