|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the Academic Bowl question in chapter 3?
2. In chapter 3, how many of the places in the Academic Bowl question are the contestants required to give an answer about?
3. What is the topic of the workshop Dr. Rohmer completed?
4. What word does Noah use over and over in his narrative about his trip to his grandparents' house?
5. Which student asks Mrs. Olinski to write higher on the board?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Julian's first few days at school like?
2. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
3. What angers Nadia in her conversation with Ethan, and why?
4. Describe the relationship between Mrs. Olinski and Mrs. Draper.
5. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
6. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
7. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
8. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski's first few minutes in class that he or she didn't know before the beginning of chapter 4?
9. Explain how Noah and Tillie cut costs on the groceries for the wedding.
10. What is Mrs. Olinski's impression of the commissioner of education as he directs the Academic Bowl?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Dr. Rohmer and explain what he has to do with the novel's theme of power.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how E.L. Konigsburg uses foreshadowing and flashbacks and the effect this technique has on the reader's emotion and what the reader knows. Be sure to use specific details from the story!
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the topic of courtesy repeats itself throughout the novel and how the idea of courtesy helps the reader to see each of the characters.
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)