|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandpa Izzy say Margy is?
2. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
3. What holiday has just passed when Ethan suggests that Nadia have Ginger try out for Annie?
4. What does the narrator say there had not been at the Bowl, unlike football Bowls?
5. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 5, the reader finds out how Mrs. Olinski chose each of the members of her Academic Bowl team. Explain how she did it.
2. What does Mrs. Olinski say about how she chose the members of her Academic Bowl team?
3. Describe the thoughts Mrs. Olinski has while watching Noah, Nadia, Ethan and Julian drink tea together at Sillington House.
4. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
5. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
6. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski at the end of her discussion with Dr. Rohmer, and how does the author continue the mystery about this fact?
7. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
8. What happens that reminds Mrs. Olinski of how she chose the fourth member of her Academic Bowl team, and what can the reader now infer from her statements about this choice?
9. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12? What does she mean by this question, and what is The Souls' answer?
10. Describe Dr. Rohmer's reaction to The Souls' publicity.
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples, explain how mistakes and perfectionism are recurring themes throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dr. Rohmer and explain what he has to do with the novel's theme of power.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what Julian finds out about Ham just before Ginger plays Sandy at the first performance of Annie, what he decides to do about it, and what this says about Julian's character.
This section contains 1,869 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)