|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski realize when she sees that the message on the board has been changed?
2. What does Ethan notice that Julian's father is wearing?
3. Why does Noah say he can't write a B&B letter to his grandparents?
4. What does the narrator say there had not been at the Bowl, unlike football Bowls?
5. According to the narrator, sixth grade is the place where kids...
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that reminds Mrs. Olinski of how she chose the fourth member of her Academic Bowl team, and what can the reader now infer from her statements about this choice?
2. Why is Julian worried about Ginger's understudy?
3. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
4. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
5. Describe how Ethan feels about Julian when the two first meet.
6. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
7. What is Mrs. Olinski's impression of the commissioner of education as he directs the Academic Bowl?
8. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
9. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
10. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Mrs. Olinski decides to do in order to get to know Ethan better, and explain why this is important to Ethan and how it relates to Ethan's character.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conversation that Mrs. Olinski and Dr. Rohmer have about multiculturalism in chapter 2. Then explain what this conversation tells the reader about Dr. Rohmer's views of multiculturalism versus Mrs. Olinski's views.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the main characters from "The View from Saturday" and explain how that character has been on a journey, and what that character found on their journey.
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)