|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
2. What is remarkable about The Souls making it to the finals?
3. Why does the ship's captain decide to have the monkey and his owner let off the ship at the next port?
4. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
5. What is the name of the place where Noah's grandparents live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the discussion Mrs. Olinski has with Dr. Rohmer about multiculturalism in chapter 2.
2. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
3. Describe the relationship between Mrs. Olinski and Mrs. Draper.
4. Explain how Noah and Tillie cut costs on the groceries for the wedding.
5. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
6. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski at the end of her discussion with Dr. Rohmer, and how does the author continue the mystery about this fact?
7. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
8. Explain the realization Nadia and her dad have about how Nadia is like the turtles.
9. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
10. What angers Nadia in her conversation with Ethan, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the conversation that Mrs. Olinski and Dr. Rohmer have about multiculturalism in chapter 2. Then explain what this conversation tells the reader about Dr. Rohmer's views of multiculturalism versus Mrs. Olinski's views.
Essay Topic 2
Using specific examples, explain how mistakes and perfectionism are recurring themes throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Name some of the "underdogs" in the story, explain how they are underdogs and describe why it's important for the underdogs to win.
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)