|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word do the onlookers keep saying while Izzy and Margy are digging out the turtles' nest?
2. What does Mrs. Olinski do in order to find out about Ethan?
3. The building housing the Bowl is big enough for what?
4. Who chooses The Souls' name?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski know about Ethan before she met him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
2. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski's first few minutes in class that he or she didn't know before the beginning of chapter 4?
3. What is Ham Knapp planning that Julian finds out about on the bus?
4. What happens that reminds Mrs. Olinski of how she chose the fourth member of her Academic Bowl team, and what can the reader now infer from her statements about this choice?
5. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
6. Why is Julian worried about Ginger's understudy?
7. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
8. What is Mrs. Olinski's impression of the commissioner of education as he directs the Academic Bowl?
9. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
10. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In chapter 10, Mr. Singh tells Mrs. Olinski that "It often takes more courage to be a passenger than a driver." Explain what he means by this quote and give a descriptive example using one of the characters from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Noah gives as a surprise present to the guests at Izzy and Margy's wedding and what this tells the reader about Noah.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what Julian finds out about Ham just before Ginger plays Sandy at the first performance of Annie, what he decides to do about it, and what this says about Julian's character.
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)