|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Olinski feel while eating during tea in chapter 8?
2. What does Julian do in the car on the way home from the state championship?
(a) He reads.
(b) He chats with his dad and Mrs. Olinski.
(c) He plays games.
(d) He sleeps.
3. What is the first acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
4. What sign does Nadia give Mrs. Olinski after Ham and Jared return to their seats in chapter 6?
(a) She sticks out her left leg.
(b) She raises her right hand.
(c) She raises her left hand.
(d) She sticks out her right leg.
5. At the beginning of chapter 7, which team does the narrator claim would worry about Julian's defiance of the commissioner?
(a) Any other team in the district.
(b) Any other team in Epiphany.
(c) Any other team in New York.
(d) Any other team on spaceship Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
2. How does Mrs. Olinski drink her tea?
3. What is one of Mr. Singh's "specialties"?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski say she found at Sillington House?
5. What source(s) does the advisory panel consult when checking Julian's answer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes through Mrs. Olinski's mind as Mr. Singh wheels her in to Sillington House?
2. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
3. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
4. In chapter 5, the reader finds out how Mrs. Olinski chose each of the members of her Academic Bowl team. Explain how she did it.
5. Describe how Mrs. Olinski uses real life to prepare practice questions for The Souls and give an example.
6. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
7. Describe the mood at Sillington House when Mrs. Olinski comes to visit in chapter 12 and why the mood is the way it is.
8. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
9. Explain the discussion The Souls have with Mrs. Olinski before they begin practicing in chapter 8 and what the outcome is.
10. When she arrives at Sillington House to visit Margy, Mrs. Olinski is overcome with emotion. Which emotions is she feeling and why?
This section contains 1,474 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)