|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ham Knapp do in chapter 6 to disrupt Mrs. Olinski's class?
(a) He slides off his chair.
(b) He belches.
(c) He passes notes.
(d) He yells out.
2. Which book is part of the correct answer to the match-point question?
(a) "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland".
(b) "Through the Looking Glass".
(c) "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe".
(d) "Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes".
3. What is the first thing Mrs. Olinski says to Mr. Singh on the way home?
(a) "Everything is complete now."
(b) "What a loss for Maxwell."
(c) "Win some, lose some."
(d) "What a wonderful victory."
4. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
(a) "VIPs only".
(b) "A space with a view".
(c) "Guest of honor".
(d) "Handicapped parking".
5. Who comes out of Sillington House to greet Mrs. Olinski when she arrives?
(d) Mr. Singh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Mrs. Olinski use to describe what Ham has done?
2. Who is Holly Blackwell?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski know when she arrives at Sillington House in chapter 12?
4. What is the first reason Mrs. Olinski begins to listen to what Margy and Izzy are saying while drinking tea?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski say about Julian's intelligence in chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
2. Describe the mood at Sillington House when Mrs. Olinski comes to visit in chapter 12 and why the mood is the way it is.
3. How do Dr. Rohmer's instructions to Dr. Fairbain backfire on him in the end?
4. Explain the discussion The Souls have with Mrs. Olinski before they begin practicing in chapter 8 and what the outcome is.
5. When she arrives at Sillington House to visit Margy, Mrs. Olinski is overcome with emotion. Which emotions is she feeling and why?
6. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
7. What goes through Mrs. Olinski's mind as Mr. Singh wheels her in to Sillington House?
8. Describe how Mrs. Olinski uses real life to prepare practice questions for The Souls and give an example.
9. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
10. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
This section contains 1,411 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)