|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Olinski's reason for going to Sillington House in chapter 8 is half of an invitation from The Souls and half what?
(a) Half a promise to herself.
(b) Half worry that the team wouldn't be ready for the championship.
(c) Half an invitation from Mr. Singh.
(d) Half a promise to Mrs. Laurencin.
2. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
(a) The two points he'd earned for the word "posh".
(b) His microphone.
(c) His place in the next Academic Bowl.
(d) His nametag.
3. How does Mrs. Olinski say her team seems to communicate?
(a) Through ESP.
(b) Just by looking at each other.
(c) Through a secret stealth language.
(d) Through a secret series of signs.
4. What source(s) does the advisory panel consult when checking Julian's answer?
(a) An expert and a computer.
(b) A computer and large books.
(c) A computer.
(d) Large books.
5. What does Mrs. Olinski say about Julian's intelligence in chapter 5?
(a) His accent makes him seem less intelligent than he is.
(b) He's not as intelligent as the other team members.
(c) He's too intelligent for the other team members.
(d) His accent makes him seem smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
2. Where does the author mentioned in the follow-up question teach?
3. What is the first thing Mrs. Olinski says to Mr. Singh on the way home?
4. How do the other teachers choose their Academic Bowl teams?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski think Mr. Singh's voice sounds like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Julian's answer to the question about acronyms that have entered the language as words.
2. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
3. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
4. What answer does Mr. Singh give Mrs. Olinski for how she chose her team?
5. Why is Dr. Rohmer so worried about the district championship?
6. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
7. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
8. Describe Dr. Rohmer's reaction to The Souls' publicity.
9. Describe the conversation Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have in the car on the way to the state championship.
10. What happens to Mrs. Olinski as she is having tea?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)