|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Singh compliment Mrs. Olinski on as they are driving to the final championship?
(a) Her driving.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her teaching ability.
2. What word does Mrs. Olinski use to describe what Ham has done?
3. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
(a) His microphone.
(b) His place in the next Academic Bowl.
(c) His nametag.
(d) The two points he'd earned for the word "posh".
4. What is one of Mr. Singh's "specialties"?
(a) Making people feel at ease.
(c) Weights and measures.
(d) Advanced math.
5. What does Mr. Singh say is now missing?
(a) Future victories.
(b) A reason to see each other.
(c) All the time for training.
(d) The bond that ties the friends together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Sharkey say she thinks there's a chance The Souls could beat the seventh grade?
2. Which of the following does the narrator NOT mention as something that might cause Mr. Fairbain to embarrass himself?
3. Whom does Mr. Fairbain want to get help from?
4. Which of the following leaders is NOT mentioned in the question about the major accomplishments of Native American leaders?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski say about Julian's intelligence in chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the discussion The Souls have with Mrs. Olinski before they begin practicing in chapter 8 and what the outcome is.
2. Describe the thoughts Mrs. Olinski has while watching Noah, Nadia, Ethan and Julian drink tea together at Sillington House.
3. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
4. Explain how Mrs. Olinski feels when the state championships are over and why.
5. Describe the relationship between Epiphany and Knightsbridge in chapter 7.
6. Explain Julian's answer to the question about acronyms that have entered the language as words.
7. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
8. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
9. Explain the exchange that happens between the commissioner and Julian about the disagreement about the word "tip," why it is important and how the other Souls feel about it.
10. How do Dr. Rohmer's instructions to Dr. Fairbain backfire on him in the end?
This section contains 1,420 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)