|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
2. Whom does Mrs. Olinski ask to write the instructions for the new "lesson" on the board?
3. Which source does Mrs. Olinski NOT use in selecting questions for practice?
(a) Standard seventh grade questions.
(b) The news.
(c) A trivia game.
(d) Standard sixth grade questions.
4. What does Mrs. Olinski compare the ink on the quiz cards to?
(a) A raven.
(b) Hecate's soul.
5. What does Mr. Singh compliment Mrs. Olinski on as they are driving to the final championship?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Her teaching ability.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her driving.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Olinski feel while eating during tea in chapter 8?
2. What sign does Nadia give Mrs. Olinski after Ham and Jared return to their seats in chapter 6?
3. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
4. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
5. Where is the state championship going to be held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Rohmer's reaction to The Souls' publicity.
2. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
3. Describe the thoughts Mrs. Olinski has while watching Noah, Nadia, Ethan and Julian drink tea together at Sillington House.
4. Describe the mood at Sillington House when Mrs. Olinski comes to visit in chapter 12 and why the mood is the way it is.
5. When she arrives at Sillington House to visit Margy, Mrs. Olinski is overcome with emotion. Which emotions is she feeling and why?
6. Describe how Mrs. Olinski uses real life to prepare practice questions for The Souls and give an example.
7. Explain the exchange that happens between the commissioner and Julian about the disagreement about the word "tip," why it is important and how the other Souls feel about it.
8. Explain Julian's answer to the question about acronyms that have entered the language as words.
9. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
10. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)