|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do The Souls refuse to practice on Saturday?
(a) They don't want to spend their weekend practicing.
(b) They will be busy working on a project.
(c) They will be busy having tea.
(d) One of The Souls is Jewish and another is half-Jewish.
2. How does the commissioner respond to Maxwell's answer to the match-point question?
(a) He hesitates before saying "Yes".
(b) He says "No" before they can finish responding.
(c) He hesitates before saying "No".
(d) He waits for the panel of experts to give its ruling.
3. What is Mr. Fairbain's first name?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski know when she arrives at Sillington House in chapter 12?
(a) She knows that friendship is important.
(b) She knows that The Souls know that she knows.
(c) She knows that Mr. Singh knows that she knows.
(d) She knows that Margy is proud of her.
5. How do the other teachers choose their Academic Bowl teams?
(a) By picking the students they like best.
(b) By picking the students with the highest GPAs.
(c) By picking the top students from the honor roll.
(d) By holding mini-contests in their classes and choosing the winners of those.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which quiz category do The Souls and Mrs. Olinski debate when getting ready to practice at the end of chapter 8?
2. Which book is part of the correct answer to the match-point question?
3. When is the deadline for choosing an Academic Bowl team?
4. Whom does Mrs. Olinski ask to write the instructions for the new "lesson" on the board?
5. What color is Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit when Mrs. Olinski comes to the Sillington House to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the mood at Sillington House when Mrs. Olinski comes to visit in chapter 12 and why the mood is the way it is.
2. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
3. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
4. Explain how Mrs. Olinski feels when the state championships are over and why.
5. Why is Dr. Rohmer so worried about the district championship?
6. Describe the relationship between Epiphany and Knightsbridge in chapter 7.
7. Describe the conversation Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have in the car on the way to the state championship.
8. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
9. Explain the discussion The Souls have with Mrs. Olinski before they begin practicing in chapter 8 and what the outcome is.
10. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)