|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12?
(a) "How did you know about Alice?"
(b) "Did I choose you, or did you choose each other?"
(c) "What brought you all together?"
(d) "Did I choose you, or did you choose me?"
2. At the beginning of chapter 7, which team does the narrator claim would worry about Julian's defiance of the commissioner?
(a) Any other team in New York.
(b) Any other team in the district.
(c) Any other team in Epiphany.
(d) Any other team on spaceship Earth.
3. Where does the author mentioned in the follow-up question teach?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) Epiphany Middle School.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) New York University.
4. What source(s) does the advisory panel consult when checking Julian's answer?
(a) An expert and a computer.
(b) Large books.
(c) A computer.
(d) A computer and large books.
5. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
(a) "Handicapped parking".
(b) "Guest of honor".
(c) "A space with a view".
(d) "VIPs only".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say she found at Sillington House?
2. What is the second acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
3. Which of the following characters do not attend when Holly Blackwell comes to visit?
4. Mrs. Olinski says the ruckus at the theater is not mischief, but what?
5. Why does Mrs. Sharkey say she thinks there's a chance The Souls could beat the seventh grade?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
2. Why is Dr. Rohmer so worried about the district championship?
3. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
4. How do Dr. Rohmer's instructions to Dr. Fairbain backfire on him in the end?
5. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
6. Describe the thoughts Mrs. Olinski has while watching Noah, Nadia, Ethan and Julian drink tea together at Sillington House.
7. What answer does Mr. Singh give Mrs. Olinski for how she chose her team?
8. Explain the exchange that happens between the commissioner and Julian about the disagreement about the word "tip," why it is important and how the other Souls feel about it.
9. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
10. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
This section contains 1,394 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)