|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Olinski feel while eating during tea in chapter 8?
2. What arrangement does Mrs. Olinski make with the principal in regards to practicing for the regional championship?
(a) She arranges to have the school left open at night.
(b) She arranges to have the school opened on Saturday.
(c) She arranges to have the school opened on Sunday.
(d) She arranges to have the school opened early in the morning.
3. Why doesn't the commissioner disqualify The Souls in chapter 7?
(a) He wants to give them one more chance.
(b) He thinks The Souls deserve to win.
(c) He thinks Julian is smarter than anyone else his age.
(d) He is speechless.
4. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
(a) Truly Important Present.
(b) Timely Important Polite.
(c) To Insure Promptness.
(d) To Imitate Politeness.
5. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
(a) "The Bible."
(b) "The Ninety-five Theses."
(c) "The Catholic Church."
(d) "The Reformation."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the commissioner do after Maxwell's response to the match-point question before moving on?
2. What does Mr. Singh tell Mrs. Olinski it takes more courage to do?
3. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski say about Julian's intelligence in chapter 5?
5. What is Mr. Fairbain's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 5, the reader finds out how Mrs. Olinski chose each of the members of her Academic Bowl team. Explain how she did it.
2. Describe Dr. Rohmer's reaction to The Souls' publicity.
3. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
4. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
5. Explain what The Souls do after their win to show their support and unity with Mrs. Olinski.
6. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
7. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
8. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
9. Explain how Mrs. Olinski feels when the state championships are over and why.
10. Explain the exchange that happens between the commissioner and Julian about the disagreement about the word "tip," why it is important and how the other Souls feel about it.
This section contains 1,474 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)