|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Fairbain want to get help from?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) A reading teacher.
(c) An English teacher.
(d) A speech therapist.
2. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
(a) India and the United States.
(b) Britain and India.
(c) Britain and Pakistan.
(d) Britain and the United States.
3. When did Mr. Singh pass his first driving test?
(a) As a child.
(b) As a teenager.
(c) As an older man.
(d) As a grown man.
4. Mrs. Olinski says the ruckus at the theater is not mischief, but what?
5. What is the second acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which source does Mrs. Olinski NOT use in selecting questions for practice?
2. At the beginning of chapter 7, which team does the narrator claim would worry about Julian's defiance of the commissioner?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski think Mr. Singh's voice sounds like?
4. Where does the author mentioned in the follow-up question teach?
5. Which quiz category do The Souls and Mrs. Olinski debate when getting ready to practice at the end of chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the thoughts Mrs. Olinski has while watching Noah, Nadia, Ethan and Julian drink tea together at Sillington House.
2. Explain the exchange that happens between the commissioner and Julian about the disagreement about the word "tip," why it is important and how the other Souls feel about it.
3. What happens to Mrs. Olinski as she is having tea?
4. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
5. Describe the conversation Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have in the car on the way to the state championship.
6. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
7. When she arrives at Sillington House to visit Margy, Mrs. Olinski is overcome with emotion. Which emotions is she feeling and why?
8. Explain what The Souls do after their win to show their support and unity with Mrs. Olinski.
9. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
10. Describe the mood at Sillington House when Mrs. Olinski comes to visit in chapter 12 and why the mood is the way it is.
This section contains 1,388 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)