|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. LeDue?
(a) The Knightsbridge Academic Bowl coach.
(b) The deputy superintendent.
(c) The Knightsbridge principal.
(d) The district superintendent.
2. What does the narrator say the trophy was?
(a) A true treasure.
(b) A unity cup.
(c) A friendship cup.
(d) A loving cup.
3. Why does Dr. Rohmer say he won't pay for the gas and the bus drivers at the end of chapter 10?
(a) He refuses to charge admission to the Academic Bowl.
(b) The school district doesn't have enough money.
(c) There is no precedent for charging admission to an Academic Bowl.
(d) He doesn't think Epiphany is going to win.
4. What is the first reason Mrs. Olinski begins to listen to what Margy and Izzy are saying while drinking tea?
5. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
(a) A permanent home.
(d) A place to belong to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
2. Who comes out of Sillington House to greet Mrs. Olinski when she arrives?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski say she found at Sillington House?
4. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
5. What does Mr. Singh say is now missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
2. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
3. What happens to Mrs. Olinski as she is having tea?
4. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
5. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
6. When she arrives at Sillington House to visit Margy, Mrs. Olinski is overcome with emotion. Which emotions is she feeling and why?
7. Describe the mood at Sillington House when Mrs. Olinski comes to visit in chapter 12 and why the mood is the way it is.
8. Describe Dr. Rohmer's reaction to The Souls' publicity.
9. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
10. In chapter 5, the reader finds out how Mrs. Olinski chose each of the members of her Academic Bowl team. Explain how she did it.
This section contains 1,431 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)