|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the deadline for choosing an Academic Bowl team?
(a) Just after the winter break.
(b) Just after Thanksgiving.
(c) Just before the winter break.
(d) Just before Thanksgiving.
2. What is the second acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski think Mr. Singh's voice sounds like?
(a) A song.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A dream.
(d) A birdcall.
4. What does Mrs. Olinski say she found at Sillington House?
(a) A place to relax.
(b) A sense of home.
(c) The warmth of friendship.
(d) A cup of kindness.
5. Where does the author mentioned in the follow-up question teach?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Epiphany Middle School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
2. How can Mrs. Diamonstein tell Ethan has grown when she sees him?
3. What signal do the other sixth graders use to show The Souls their support?
4. What is one of Mr. Singh's "specialties"?
5. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 5, the reader finds out how Mrs. Olinski chose each of the members of her Academic Bowl team. Explain how she did it.
2. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
3. Explain Julian's answer to the question about acronyms that have entered the language as words.
4. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
5. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
6. What goes through Mrs. Olinski's mind as Mr. Singh wheels her in to Sillington House?
7. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
8. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
9. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12? What does she mean by this question, and what is The Souls' answer?
10. Why is Dr. Rohmer so worried about the district championship?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)