|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski tell the principal one must risk when defending her way of choosing her team?
(a) Making a fool of oneself.
(b) Doing what's unpopular.
(c) Hurting peoples' feelings.
(d) Making people angry.
2. What does Mrs. Olinski say she found at Sillington House?
(a) A place to relax.
(b) A sense of home.
(c) The warmth of friendship.
(d) A cup of kindness.
3. How does Mrs. Olinski feel while eating during tea in chapter 8?
4. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
(a) He pours tea.
(b) He opens the window.
(c) He sets her place.
(d) He serves a meal.
5. How many regions are there in the state of New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Holly Blackwell?
2. Who is Mr. LeDue?
3. How do the other teachers choose their Academic Bowl teams?
4. What does Ham Knapp do in chapter 6 to disrupt Mrs. Olinski's class?
5. Which fictional character is featured in the match-point question at the Academic Bowl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Mrs. Olinski uses real life to prepare practice questions for The Souls and give an example.
2. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
3. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
4. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
5. Explain the discussion The Souls have with Mrs. Olinski before they begin practicing in chapter 8 and what the outcome is.
6. When she arrives at Sillington House to visit Margy, Mrs. Olinski is overcome with emotion. Which emotions is she feeling and why?
7. How do Dr. Rohmer's instructions to Dr. Fairbain backfire on him in the end?
8. What answer does Mr. Singh give Mrs. Olinski for how she chose her team?
9. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
10. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
This section contains 1,433 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)