|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Olinski drink her tea?
(a) With cream and sugar.
(b) With cream and no sugar.
(c) No cream but with sugar.
(d) No cream and no sugar.
2. What do Michael Froehlich and his friends pin on their shirts when Epiphany wins the district championship?
(a) A sign that reads: "Epiphany's the best!"
(b) A piece of rope.
(c) A piece of wire.
(d) A ribbon.
3. What signal do the other sixth graders use to show The Souls their support?
(a) Thumbs up.
(b) High five.
(c) Left-eyed wink.
(d) Big smile.
4. What does the narrator say the audience's smiles are when the commissioner makes the adjustment in chapter 9?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski say she found at Sillington House?
(a) A cup of kindness.
(b) The warmth of friendship.
(c) A place to relax.
(d) A sense of home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
2. Which member of the Epiphany team answers the final question?
3. How does the commissioner respond to Maxwell's answer to the match-point question?
4. Where does the author mentioned in the follow-up question teach?
5. Which of the following leaders is NOT mentioned in the question about the major accomplishments of Native American leaders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes through Mrs. Olinski's mind as Mr. Singh wheels her in to Sillington House?
2. What happens to Mrs. Olinski as she is having tea?
3. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
4. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
5. Explain the discussion The Souls have with Mrs. Olinski before they begin practicing in chapter 8 and what the outcome is.
6. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
7. Describe the thoughts Mrs. Olinski has while watching Noah, Nadia, Ethan and Julian drink tea together at Sillington House.
8. Explain Julian's answer to the question about acronyms that have entered the language as words.
9. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
10. Explain how Mrs. Olinski feels when the state championships are over and why.
This section contains 1,299 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)