|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Fairbain want to get help from?
(a) An English teacher.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A speech therapist.
(d) A reading teacher.
2. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
(a) Britain and India.
(b) Britain and the United States.
(c) Britain and Pakistan.
(d) India and the United States.
3. What is the first thing Mrs. Olinski says to Mr. Singh on the way home?
(a) "Everything is complete now."
(b) "Win some, lose some."
(c) "What a loss for Maxwell."
(d) "What a wonderful victory."
4. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
(a) She is annoyed with him.
(b) She is worried about him.
(c) She admires him.
(d) She is proud of him.
5. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
(b) A place to belong to.
(d) A permanent home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author mentioned in the follow-up question teach?
2. Which of the following does the narrator NOT mention as something that might cause Mr. Fairbain to embarrass himself?
3. Who comes out of Sillington House to greet Mrs. Olinski when she arrives?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski think Mr. Singh's voice sounds like?
5. What word does Mrs. Olinski use to describe what Ham has done?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)