|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many regions are there in the state of New York?
2. Who is Holly Blackwell?
(a) A radio hostess.
(b) A magazine editor.
(c) A TV anchorwoman.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
3. Which of the following does the narrator NOT mention as something that might cause Mr. Fairbain to embarrass himself?
(a) A word with more vowels than consonants.
(b) The capitals of far-away countries.
(c) The names of the ministers of Japan or Zaire.
(d) The name of the former Soviet Socialist Republic.
4. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
(a) An atom.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A box.
(d) A tree.
5. Which of the following leaders is NOT mentioned in the question about the major accomplishments of Native American leaders?
(b) Crazy Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say she found at Sillington House?
2. Which book is part of the correct answer to the match-point question?
3. Why does Mrs. Sharkey say she thinks there's a chance The Souls could beat the seventh grade?
4. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
5. What arrangement does Mrs. Olinski make with the principal in regards to practicing for the regional championship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes through Mrs. Olinski's mind as Mr. Singh wheels her in to Sillington House?
2. What answer does Mr. Singh give Mrs. Olinski for how she chose her team?
3. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
4. Explain the exchange that happens between the commissioner and Julian about the disagreement about the word "tip," why it is important and how the other Souls feel about it.
5. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
6. Describe how Mrs. Olinski uses real life to prepare practice questions for The Souls and give an example.
7. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
8. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12? What does she mean by this question, and what is The Souls' answer?
9. In chapter 5, the reader finds out how Mrs. Olinski chose each of the members of her Academic Bowl team. Explain how she did it.
10. Describe the mood at Sillington House when Mrs. Olinski comes to visit in chapter 12 and why the mood is the way it is.
This section contains 1,510 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)