|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name did Mr. Fairbain mispronounce during the previous year's championship?
(a) Nelson Mandela's.
(b) Michael Jackson's.
(c) Queen Elizabeth's.
(d) Pope John Paul II's.
2. Whom does Mrs. Olinski ask to write the instructions for the new "lesson" on the board?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski say she found at Sillington House?
(a) A place to relax.
(b) A cup of kindness.
(c) The warmth of friendship.
(d) A sense of home.
4. What does the commissioner do after Maxwell's response to the match-point question before moving on?
(a) He adjusts his glasses.
(b) He makes a note on the question card.
(c) He clears his throat.
(d) He thanks the panel of experts.
5. What do Michael Froehlich and his friends pin on their shirts when Epiphany wins the district championship?
(a) A piece of rope.
(b) A ribbon.
(c) A sign that reads: "Epiphany's the best!"
(d) A piece of wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following leaders is NOT mentioned in the question about the major accomplishments of Native American leaders?
2. Whom does Mr. Fairbain want to get help from?
3. What does Julian do in the car on the way home from the state championship?
4. What word could be used to describe the food Mrs. Olinski eats while at Sillington House?
5. Whom has Mrs. Olinski been considering as the fourth member of her team?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Julian's answer to the question about acronyms that have entered the language as words.
2. How do Dr. Rohmer's instructions to Dr. Fairbain backfire on him in the end?
3. Why is Dr. Rohmer so worried about the district championship?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12? What does she mean by this question, and what is The Souls' answer?
5. What happens to Mrs. Olinski as she is having tea?
6. Describe Dr. Rohmer's reaction to The Souls' publicity.
7. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
8. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
9. When she arrives at Sillington House to visit Margy, Mrs. Olinski is overcome with emotion. Which emotions is she feeling and why?
10. What goes through Mrs. Olinski's mind as Mr. Singh wheels her in to Sillington House?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)