|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski compare the ink on the quiz cards to?
(a) A raven.
(d) Hecate's soul.
2. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
(a) He pours tea.
(b) He sets her place.
(c) He opens the window.
(d) He serves a meal.
3. Who comes out of Sillington House to greet Mrs. Olinski when she arrives?
(d) Mr. Singh.
4. How does Mrs. Olinski say her team seems to communicate?
(a) Through a secret series of signs.
(b) Through ESP.
(c) Through a secret stealth language.
(d) Just by looking at each other.
5. How can Mrs. Diamonstein tell Ethan has grown when she sees him?
(a) His shoes are too small.
(b) His pants are too short.
(c) His jacket sleeves are too short.
(d) He is now taller than she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Mr. Singh's "specialties"?
2. What does Julian do in the car on the way home from the state championship?
3. Why does Mrs. Sharkey say she thinks there's a chance The Souls could beat the seventh grade?
4. What does Julian say the people in the pubs do with the boxes on the bars?
5. Mrs. Olinski's reason for going to Sillington House in chapter 8 is half of an invitation from The Souls and half what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
2. Describe the thoughts Mrs. Olinski has while watching Noah, Nadia, Ethan and Julian drink tea together at Sillington House.
3. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
4. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
5. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
6. Describe the relationship between Epiphany and Knightsbridge in chapter 7.
7. Explain the exchange that happens between the commissioner and Julian about the disagreement about the word "tip," why it is important and how the other Souls feel about it.
8. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
9. Why is Dr. Rohmer so worried about the district championship?
10. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
This section contains 1,427 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)