|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author mentioned in the follow-up question teach?
(a) Epiphany Middle School.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) New York University.
2. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
(a) The two points he'd earned for the word "posh".
(b) His microphone.
(c) His nametag.
(d) His place in the next Academic Bowl.
3. What does Ham Knapp do in chapter 6 to disrupt Mrs. Olinski's class?
(a) He slides off his chair.
(b) He yells out.
(c) He belches.
(d) He passes notes.
4. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12?
(a) "Did I choose you, or did you choose me?"
(b) "How did you know about Alice?"
(c) "What brought you all together?"
(d) "Did I choose you, or did you choose each other?"
5. What is the first thing Mrs. Olinski says to Mr. Singh on the way home?
(a) "What a wonderful victory."
(b) "Win some, lose some."
(c) "Everything is complete now."
(d) "What a loss for Maxwell."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
2. What signal do the other sixth graders use to show The Souls their support?
3. What does the narrator say the trophy was?
4. How many regions are there in the state of New York?
5. What is Mr. Fairbain's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Mrs. Olinski uses real life to prepare practice questions for The Souls and give an example.
2. Describe the relationship between Epiphany and Knightsbridge in chapter 7.
3. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
4. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
5. Explain what The Souls do after their win to show their support and unity with Mrs. Olinski.
6. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
7. Describe Dr. Rohmer's reaction to The Souls' publicity.
8. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
9. Explain the discussion The Souls have with Mrs. Olinski before they begin practicing in chapter 8 and what the outcome is.
10. Describe the conversation Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have in the car on the way to the state championship.
This section contains 1,372 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)