|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say about Julian's intelligence in chapter 5?
(a) He's not as intelligent as the other team members.
(b) He's too intelligent for the other team members.
(c) His accent makes him seem smart.
(d) His accent makes him seem less intelligent than he is.
2. Why does Dr. Rohmer say he won't pay for the gas and the bus drivers at the end of chapter 10?
(a) The school district doesn't have enough money.
(b) There is no precedent for charging admission to an Academic Bowl.
(c) He doesn't think Epiphany is going to win.
(d) He refuses to charge admission to the Academic Bowl.
3. What sign does Nadia give Mrs. Olinski after Ham and Jared return to their seats in chapter 6?
(a) She raises her left hand.
(b) She sticks out her left leg.
(c) She raises her right hand.
(d) She sticks out her right leg.
4. What is the mood at Sillington House in chapter 12?
(a) Everyone is sorry that the gorgeous autumn is over.
(b) Everyone is happy.
(c) Everyone is happy that training is over.
(d) Everyone is sorry that the finals are over.
5. Where is the state championship going to be held?
(a) Seneca Falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Sharkey say she thinks there's a chance The Souls could beat the seventh grade?
2. How does Julian react when the commissioner tells him he can't find a reference for "tip"?
3. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
4. What source(s) does the advisory panel consult when checking Julian's answer?
5. Which quiz category do The Souls and Mrs. Olinski debate when getting ready to practice at the end of chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mrs. Olinski as she is having tea?
2. What answer does Mr. Singh give Mrs. Olinski for how she chose her team?
3. Explain Julian's answer to the question about acronyms that have entered the language as words.
4. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
5. Describe the relationship between Epiphany and Knightsbridge in chapter 7.
6. What goes through Mrs. Olinski's mind as Mr. Singh wheels her in to Sillington House?
7. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
8. Describe the conversation Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have in the car on the way to the state championship.
9. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
10. Explain how Mrs. Olinski feels when the state championships are over and why.
This section contains 1,405 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)