|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Singh compliment Mrs. Olinski on as they are driving to the final championship?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her teaching ability.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her driving.
2. Who ended up being the "real news" from Holly Blackwell's visit?
(a) Mrs. Olinski.
(b) Dr. Fairbain.
(c) Mr. LeDue.
(d) Dr. Rohmer.
3. What does the commissioner do after Maxwell's response to the match-point question before moving on?
(a) He makes a note on the question card.
(b) He adjusts his glasses.
(c) He thanks the panel of experts.
(d) He clears his throat.
4. What is the first acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
5. What word does Mrs. Olinski use to describe what Ham has done?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Mr. Singh's "specialties"?
2. Which source does Mrs. Olinski NOT use in selecting questions for practice?
3. Whose name did Mr. Fairbain mispronounce during the previous year's championship?
4. What is the first thing Mrs. Olinski says to Mr. Singh on the way home?
5. How does Mrs. Olinski drink her tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what The Souls do after their win to show their support and unity with Mrs. Olinski.
2. Explain how Mrs. Olinski feels when the state championships are over and why.
3. What goes through Mrs. Olinski's mind as Mr. Singh wheels her in to Sillington House?
4. In chapter 5, the reader finds out how Mrs. Olinski chose each of the members of her Academic Bowl team. Explain how she did it.
5. When she arrives at Sillington House to visit Margy, Mrs. Olinski is overcome with emotion. Which emotions is she feeling and why?
6. Explain the exchange that happens between the commissioner and Julian about the disagreement about the word "tip," why it is important and how the other Souls feel about it.
7. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
8. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
9. How do Dr. Rohmer's instructions to Dr. Fairbain backfire on him in the end?
10. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12? What does she mean by this question, and what is The Souls' answer?
This section contains 1,485 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)