|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
(a) He pours tea.
(b) He serves a meal.
(c) He sets her place.
(d) He opens the window.
2. How can Mrs. Diamonstein tell Ethan has grown when she sees him?
(a) His shoes are too small.
(b) His jacket sleeves are too short.
(c) His pants are too short.
(d) He is now taller than she is.
3. What word could be used to describe the food Mrs. Olinski eats while at Sillington House?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski tell the principal one must risk when defending her way of choosing her team?
(a) Making people angry.
(b) Making a fool of oneself.
(c) Hurting peoples' feelings.
(d) Doing what's unpopular.
5. What color is Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit when Mrs. Olinski comes to the Sillington House to visit?
(d) Shocking pink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say she found at Sillington House?
2. Whom does Mr. Fairbain want to get help from?
3. How does chapter 12 begin?
4. What is the first acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
5. What signal do the other sixth graders use to show The Souls their support?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the discussion The Souls have with Mrs. Olinski before they begin practicing in chapter 8 and what the outcome is.
2. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
3. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
4. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
5. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
6. Describe how Mrs. Olinski uses real life to prepare practice questions for The Souls and give an example.
7. Why is Dr. Rohmer so worried about the district championship?
8. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12? What does she mean by this question, and what is The Souls' answer?
9. Explain Julian's answer to the question about acronyms that have entered the language as words.
10. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
This section contains 1,381 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)