|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the kind of audition called that Nadia takes Ginger to?
(a) An open audition.
(b) An animal call.
(c) A cattle call.
(d) A doggie audition.
2. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
(a) To Noah's other grandparents' house.
(b) On a cruise.
(c) To his dad's house.
(d) To his grandparents with Noah.
3. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
(a) Homemade teiglach.
(b) Homemade ingberlach.
(c) Homemade ruggelach.
(d) Homemade challah.
4. What does Mrs. Olinski say she gets when introducing herself to her homeroom class for the first time?
(a) A lot of grief for being handicapped.
(b) A small pension from her accident.
(c) What it means to be different.
(d) The good parking spaces at the mall.
5. What was the audience at the Bowl warned not to do?
(a) Distract the teams.
(b) Give away the answers.
(c) Boo the opposing team.
(d) Whistle, cheer or applaud.
6. What does Noah say is enough when Julian suggests The Souls need a project?
(a) Doing puzzles.
(b) Regular tea parties.
(c) Peeling wallpaper.
(d) Learning magic.
7. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
(a) "Now what?"
(b) "So what?"
(d) "Say what?"
8. Whom does Mrs. Olinski give a bad answer to about how she picked her team?
(a) Noah's father.
(b) The principal.
(c) The superintendent of schools.
(d) The commissioner of education.
9. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the Academic Bowl question in chapter 3?
(a) Seneca Falls.
10. Which subject is Mrs. Olinski going to be teaching?
(a) Social studies.
11. How does Ethan find out that Nadia is also invited to the tea party?
(a) Julian tells him.
(b) She tells him.
(c) He sees her looking for clues in the library.
(d) He sees her talking to Noah about it.
12. Why is the air conditioner in the building turned on?
(a) Because it is too hot to think.
(b) Because someone accidentally turned it on.
(c) Because the calendar says it will be hot.
(d) Because there are so many people in the building.
13. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
14. What does Mrs. Olinski realize when she sees that the message on the board has been changed?
(a) Her job is going to be harder than she thought.
(b) Her students will never respect her.
(c) She shouldn't be teaching.
(d) Sixth graders have changed.
15. Which student asks Mrs. Olinski to write higher on the board?
(a) One of the two Jasons.
(b) Michael Froehlich.
(c) Hamilton Knapp.
(d) Julian Singh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
2. What do the girls from the Maxwell team display?
3. How many dogs arrive for the audition with Ginger?
4. The building housing the Bowl is big enough for what?
5. How does Nadia greet Mrs. Olinski?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)