Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandpa Izzy say Margy is?
2. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
(a) To his grandparents with Noah.
(b) To his dad's house.
(c) On a cruise.
(d) To Noah's other grandparents' house.
3. What holiday has just passed when Ethan suggests that Nadia have Ginger try out for Annie?
(b) New Year's.
(d) Valentine's Day.
4. What does the narrator say there had not been at the Bowl, unlike football Bowls?
(b) Season tallies.
(c) Hot dogs.
5. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
(a) Ginger is a genius.
(b) Ginger's fur isn't dirty.
(c) Ginger's eyes aren't blank.
(d) Ginger doesn't stink.
6. Why does the commissioner admonish the audience not to applaud after Ethan's answer?
(a) It shows favoritism.
(b) It's distracting to both teams.
(c) Only the judges can decide if the answer was right.
(d) It's not fair to the other team.
7. What does Nadia compare Margy to when she wears her green pantsuit?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A giant green ball.
(c) A leprechaun.
(d) A Granny Smith apple.
8. What show does Allen take Nadia and Ethan to see?
(a) West Side Story.
(c) The Lion King.
(d) The Phantom of the Opera.
9. Who chooses The Souls' name?
10. Whom is the "man of the hour" in chapter 2?
(a) Allen Diamondstein.
(b) The district superintendent.
(c) Noah's father.
(d) The commissioner of education.
11. How many lines of poetry did the sixth graders have to memorize each month at Mrs. Olinski's first job?
(c) Four hundred.
12. What was the audience at the Bowl warned not to do?
(a) Distract the teams.
(b) Boo the opposing team.
(c) Give away the answers.
(d) Whistle, cheer or applaud.
13. What does Ethan give Julian as a gift?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A puzzle.
(c) A copy of "Alice in Wonderland".
(d) A new bookbag.
14. What color of hair does Mrs. Olinski NOT mention in her joke with Dr. Rohmer?
15. What does Mrs. Olinski say "paraplegic" means?
(a) She can't stand up.
(b) She's paralyzed from the neck down.
(c) She can't write above the middle of the board.
(d) She's paralyzed from the waist down.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, sixth grade is the place where kids...
2. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
3. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
4. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
5. What is remarkable about The Souls making it to the finals?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)