|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nadia greet Mrs. Olinski?
(a) "Good morning."
2. In chapter 3, how many of the places in the Academic Bowl question are the contestants required to give an answer about?
3. Whom does Mrs. Olinski give a bad answer to about how she picked her team?
(a) The principal.
(b) The commissioner of education.
(c) Noah's father.
(d) The superintendent of schools.
4. What is the first thing Julian teaches Nadia while The Souls are training Ginger for her audition?
(a) Never to give Ginger a treat before she earns it.
(b) How to make Ginger bark on cue.
(c) How to palm a treat so the audience won't notice.
(d) How to make Ginger jump on cue.
5. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
(a) He wants to get married again.
(b) He wants to get licensed to move turtle nests.
(c) He wants to move to New York.
(d) He has a new girlfriend.
6. What does Tillie say is the biggest single factor in the decline of Western Civilization?
(a) The ballpoint pen.
(c) No one keeps pet cats anymore.
(d) Post-it notes.
7. What does Mrs. Olinski say the "O" in her name looked like?
(a) A doughnut.
(b) A hula hoop.
(c) An egg.
(d) An oil spill.
8. Who was the principal at the first school where Mrs. Olinski taught?
(a) Mrs. Draper.
(b) Dr. Rohmer.
(c) Mrs. Gershom.
(d) Mrs. Potter.
9. What word do the onlookers keep saying while Izzy and Margy are digging out the turtles' nest?
10. What does Nadia compare Margy to when she wears her green pantsuit?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A Granny Smith apple.
(c) A giant green ball.
(d) A leprechaun.
11. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
(a) Ginger's fur isn't dirty.
(b) Ginger is a genius.
(c) Ginger's eyes aren't blank.
(d) Ginger doesn't stink.
12. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
(a) On a cruise.
(b) To his dad's house.
(c) To his grandparents with Noah.
(d) To Noah's other grandparents' house.
13. What do the girls from the Maxwell team display?
(a) Their arrogance.
(b) Their lacy bra straps.
(c) Their clear superiority.
(d) Their red lipstick.
14. How many dogs arrive for the audition with Ginger?
15. What does Grandpa Izzy say Margy is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noah say Grandma Sadie and Grandpa Nate did in their "former lives"?
2. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
3. Who chooses The Souls' name?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski say about her fourth choice for the Academic Bowl team?
5. Why does the ship's captain decide to have the monkey and his owner let off the ship at the next port?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)