|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julian feel about Nadia's bickering with Noah?
(a) He wishes the two could be friends.
(b) It makes him feel jealous.
(c) He's started to enjoy it.
(d) It makes him feel uncomfortable.
2. Which name did Mrs. Olinski have two of in her class the year she had her accident?
3. Why doesn't Margy ever carry turtles to the water?
(a) She doesn't like the feeling of their shells in her hands.
(b) The turtles need to walk across their native sand.
(c) She thinks that they need to make it on their own or die if they're not strong enough.
(d) She thinks it's too much work.
4. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
(a) He wants to move to New York.
(b) He has a new girlfriend.
(c) He wants to get married again.
(d) He wants to get licensed to move turtle nests.
5. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
(a) Ginger is a genius.
(b) Ginger's eyes aren't blank.
(c) Ginger doesn't stink.
(d) Ginger's fur isn't dirty.
6. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
(a) "So what?"
(b) "Now what?"
(d) "Say what?"
7. Why does Noah get sent to visit his grandparents?
(a) His grandparents missed him.
(b) They have better weather in Florida than in New York.
(c) His mom didn't know what to do with him that summer.
(d) His mom won a cruise.
8. What does Mrs. Draper have to say about Ethan?
(a) What a smart kid he is.
(b) She doesn't know Ethan very well.
(c) What a hard worker he is.
(d) Not much.
9. How does Ethan find out that Nadia is also invited to the tea party?
(a) He sees her looking for clues in the library.
(b) She tells him.
(c) He sees her talking to Noah about it.
(d) Julian tells him.
10. What word does Mrs. Olinski write on the board below her name on the first day of homeroom?
11. Whom is the "man of the hour" in chapter 2?
(a) Noah's father.
(b) Allen Diamondstein.
(c) The district superintendent.
(d) The commissioner of education.
12. What did Mr. Singh do for a living before buying the Sillington place?
(a) He was a teacher.
(b) He was a policeman.
(c) He was a chef.
(d) He was a ship's captain.
13. What does Ethan notice that Julian's father is wearing?
(a) A pair of jeans.
(b) A turban.
(c) A green hat.
(d) A Punjabi.
14. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
(b) Pancakes with syrup.
(c) Waffles with strawberries.
(d) Cinnamon toast.
15. What is the kind of audition called that Nadia takes Ginger to?
(a) An animal call.
(b) A doggie audition.
(c) A cattle call.
(d) An open audition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Rohmer?
2. What does Ethan want to be when he grows up?
3. What is the name of the place where Noah's grandparents live?
4. What is Mrs. Olinski's middle name?
5. What color is Nadia's hair?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)