|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the air conditioner in the building turned on?
(a) Because there are so many people in the building.
(b) Because it is too hot to think.
(c) Because someone accidentally turned it on.
(d) Because the calendar says it will be hot.
2. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
(b) "Now what?"
(c) "So what?"
(d) "Say what?"
3. What does Ethan say about his brother Luke?
(a) He is just like Ethan.
(b) He has his faults.
(c) He isn't very smart.
(d) He has become a myth.
4. Which student asks Mrs. Olinski to write higher on the board?
(a) One of the two Jasons.
(b) Hamilton Knapp.
(c) Michael Froehlich.
(d) Julian Singh.
5. What does Nadia compare Margy to when she wears her green pantsuit?
(a) A giant green ball.
(b) A leprechaun.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A Granny Smith apple.
6. What does Nadia say Ginger doesn't do?
(a) Bark on cue.
(b) Follow rules.
(c) Make a scene in public.
7. Whom is the "man of the hour" in chapter 2?
(a) Allen Diamondstein.
(b) Noah's father.
(c) The commissioner of education.
(d) The district superintendent.
8. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the Academic Bowl question in chapter 3?
(c) Seneca Falls.
9. Who organized the first women's rights convention?
(a) Amelia Jenks Bloomer.
(b) Harriet Tubman.
(c) Susan B. Anthony.
(d) Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
10. What does Mrs. Olinski do in order to find out about Ethan?
(a) She watchs him closely.
(b) She talks to his friends.
(c) She calls his parents.
(d) She asks to talk to him privately.
11. Whom does Izzy say the red wagon is a gift from?
(b) Grandpa Nate.
(d) The best man.
12. What is Mrs. Olinski's middle name?
13. What season does Mrs. Olinski feel she should prefer?
14. Who chooses The Souls' name?
15. How many lines of poetry did the sixth graders have to memorize each month at Mrs. Olinski's first job?
(d) Four hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julian feel about Nadia's bickering with Noah?
2. What does Grandpa Izzy say Margy is?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski know about Ethan before she met him?
4. What answer does Mrs. Olinski give most often about how she chose her team?
5. What is the name of the place where Noah's grandparents live?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)