|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Olinski tell when she decides that Ethan should be part of the Academic Bowl team?
(a) Mrs. Draper.
(b) The district superintendent.
(d) No one.
2. What does Nadia say had been the worst part of her trip to Florida?
(a) Checking Ginger in to the baggage compartment.
(b) Landing in the plane.
(c) Meeting up with her dad at the airport.
(d) Taking off in the plane.
3. Which subject is Mrs. Olinski going to be teaching?
(c) Social studies.
4. What is the name of the place where Noah's grandparents live?
(a) Century Park.
(b) Century Village.
(c) Beachside Village.
(d) Floral Gardens.
5. What does Mrs. Olinski say she gets when introducing herself to her homeroom class for the first time?
(a) A lot of grief for being handicapped.
(b) What it means to be different.
(c) A small pension from her accident.
(d) The good parking spaces at the mall.
6. What does Mrs. Olinski do in order to find out about Ethan?
(a) She calls his parents.
(b) She asks to talk to him privately.
(c) She watchs him closely.
(d) She talks to his friends.
7. Why does the commissioner admonish the audience not to applaud after Ethan's answer?
(a) It's not fair to the other team.
(b) It shows favoritism.
(c) It's distracting to both teams.
(d) Only the judges can decide if the answer was right.
8. What does the narrator say the chicken-and-egg discussion ended with?
(a) A fight.
(b) A party.
(c) An egg.
(d) A chicken.
9. Which county do the Potters live in?
(a) Saratoga County.
(b) Genesee County.
(c) Clarion County.
(d) Rockland County.
10. What does Mrs. Olinski say the "O" in her name looked like?
(a) An egg.
(b) A doughnut.
(c) An oil spill.
(d) A hula hoop.
11. How does Ethan find out that Nadia is also invited to the tea party?
(a) She tells him.
(b) He sees her talking to Noah about it.
(c) He sees her looking for clues in the library.
(d) Julian tells him.
12. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the Academic Bowl question in chapter 3?
(b) Seneca Falls.
13. What word does Mrs. Olinski write on the board below her name on the first day of homeroom?
14. What is the name of the monkey that accompanies Julian and his family aboard the ship?
15. What is remarkable about The Souls making it to the finals?
(a) No one thought they could do it.
(b) They are all sixth graders.
(c) They are the 18th straight winning team from Epiphany.
(d) Mrs. Olinski wasn't sure they were smart enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
2. What does Noah say is enough when Julian suggests The Souls need a project?
3. What word does Noah use over and over in his narrative about his trip to his grandparents' house?
4. What does Julian do to get his friends to help him save Ginger?
5. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)