|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approves people to move turtle nests?
(a) The Florida Sea Turtle Initiative.
(b) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(c) The United Nations Environmental Program.
(d) The Department of Environmental Protection.
2. What does Julian do to get his friends to help him save Ginger?
(a) He passes them a secret note.
(b) He tells them Ginger is in danger.
(c) He tells them Nadia is in danger.
(d) He passes them a Year-of-the-Souls penny.
3. What color is Nadia's hair?
4. How many empty egg shells were in the nest Izzy and Margy dug out?
5. Who owns the dog that ends up as Ginger's understudy?
(a) Jared Lord.
(b) Michael Froehlich.
(c) Ham Knapp.
(d) Mrs. Olinski.
6. How does Ethan find out that Nadia is also invited to the tea party?
(a) He sees her talking to Noah about it.
(b) He sees her looking for clues in the library.
(c) Julian tells him.
(d) She tells him.
7. What does Mrs. Olinski realize when she sees that the message on the board has been changed?
(a) Her students will never respect her.
(b) Sixth graders have changed.
(c) Her job is going to be harder than she thought.
(d) She shouldn't be teaching.
8. What does Mrs. Draper never call herself?
(a) The boss.
(b) An ed-you-kay-toar.
(c) A sensible woman.
(d) Mrs. Draper.
9. What does Noah say Grandma Sadie and Grandpa Nate did in their "former lives"?
(a) They were accountants.
(b) They had a bakery.
(c) They were musicians.
(d) They were gardeners.
10. What word do the onlookers keep saying while Izzy and Margy are digging out the turtles' nest?
11. What does Nadia think of Margy?
(a) She thinks she's beautiful.
(b) She thinks she's smart.
(c) She doesn't understand what her grandpa likes about her.
(d) She doesn't like her much.
12. What does Noah say is enough when Julian suggests The Souls need a project?
(a) Regular tea parties.
(b) Learning magic.
(c) Peeling wallpaper.
(d) Doing puzzles.
13. What does Julian say his mother was?
(b) A chanteuse.
(c) A musician.
14. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
(a) Ginger's eyes aren't blank.
(b) Ginger doesn't stink.
(c) Ginger is a genius.
(d) Ginger's fur isn't dirty.
15. What holiday has just passed when Ethan suggests that Nadia have Ginger try out for Annie?
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) New Year's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandpa Izzy say Margy is?
2. What does the narrator say the chicken-and-egg discussion ended with?
3. What does Nadia say had been the worst part of her trip to Florida?
4. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
5. What does Nadia think is the most glorious time of year?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)