|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Noah use over and over in his narrative about his trip to his grandparents' house?
2. What does Tillie say is the biggest single factor in the decline of Western Civilization?
(a) No one keeps pet cats anymore.
(b) The ballpoint pen.
(c) Post-it notes.
3. Why does the commissioner admonish the audience not to applaud after Ethan's answer?
(a) It shows favoritism.
(b) Only the judges can decide if the answer was right.
(c) It's distracting to both teams.
(d) It's not fair to the other team.
4. Which student asks Mrs. Olinski to write higher on the board?
(a) Julian Singh.
(b) One of the two Jasons.
(c) Michael Froehlich.
(d) Hamilton Knapp.
5. What does Nadia say had been the worst part of her trip to Florida?
(a) Landing in the plane.
(b) Checking Ginger in to the baggage compartment.
(c) Taking off in the plane.
(d) Meeting up with her dad at the airport.
6. What does the narrator say Mrs. Olinski knows about Nadia?
(a) She's too shy.
(b) She's a rarity.
(c) She's especially gifted.
(d) She's a star.
7. What season does Mrs. Olinski feel she should prefer?
8. The building housing the Bowl is big enough for what?
(a) Big enough to hold three Bowls at once.
(b) Big enough to have its own zip code.
(c) Big enough to get lost in.
(d) Big enough to be seen from space.
9. What does Ethan want to be when he grows up?
(a) A costume designer.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A farmer.
10. What does Mrs. Olinski say "paraplegic" means?
(a) She can't write above the middle of the board.
(b) She can't stand up.
(c) She's paralyzed from the neck down.
(d) She's paralyzed from the waist down.
11. Who owns the dog that ends up as Ginger's understudy?
(a) Michael Froehlich.
(b) Jared Lord.
(c) Ham Knapp.
(d) Mrs. Olinski.
12. What word do the onlookers keep saying while Izzy and Margy are digging out the turtles' nest?
13. What does Mrs. Olinski say about her fourth choice for the Academic Bowl team?
(a) The idea comes to her in a dream.
(b) It has been giving her problems.
(c) The first three members suggested the fourth.
(d) She has known all along who it is going to be.
14. What is Mrs. Olinski wearing at the Bowl?
(a) A hat.
(b) A long skirt.
(c) An evening gown.
(d) A T-shirt with her team's logo.
15. What is the first thing Julian teaches Nadia while The Souls are training Ginger for her audition?
(a) Never to give Ginger a treat before she earns it.
(b) How to make Ginger jump on cue.
(c) How to make Ginger bark on cue.
(d) How to palm a treat so the audience won't notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethan notice that Julian's father is wearing?
2. What does Ethan say about his brother Luke?
3. Which county do the Potters live in?
4. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
5. What do the girls from the Maxwell team display?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)