|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
2. What does Grandpa Izzy say Margy is?
3. Who approves people to move turtle nests?
(a) The Florida Sea Turtle Initiative.
(b) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(c) The Department of Environmental Protection.
(d) The United Nations Environmental Program.
4. What does Mrs. Olinski say she gets when introducing herself to her homeroom class for the first time?
(a) A lot of grief for being handicapped.
(b) The good parking spaces at the mall.
(c) A small pension from her accident.
(d) What it means to be different.
5. What does Ethan notice that Julian's father is wearing?
(a) A Punjabi.
(b) A turban.
(c) A green hat.
(d) A pair of jeans.
6. What does Mrs. Olinski know about Ethan before she met him?
(a) That he is smart.
(b) That he is Mrs. Draper's grandson.
(c) That he is tough.
(d) That he is independent.
7. What does Nadia say Ginger doesn't do?
(a) Bark on cue.
(b) Make a scene in public.
(c) Follow rules.
8. What does the narrator say there had not been at the Bowl, unlike football Bowls?
(a) Hot dogs.
(b) Season tallies.
9. Which student asks Mrs. Olinski to write higher on the board?
(a) Michael Froehlich.
(b) One of the two Jasons.
(c) Julian Singh.
(d) Hamilton Knapp.
10. Why does the commissioner admonish the audience not to applaud after Ethan's answer?
(a) It's not fair to the other team.
(b) Only the judges can decide if the answer was right.
(c) It shows favoritism.
(d) It's distracting to both teams.
11. Whom is the "man of the hour" in chapter 2?
(a) The district superintendent.
(b) Noah's father.
(c) Allen Diamondstein.
(d) The commissioner of education.
12. What is the kind of audition called that Nadia takes Ginger to?
(a) An open audition.
(b) A cattle call.
(c) An animal call.
(d) A doggie audition.
13. What is the first thing Julian teaches Nadia while The Souls are training Ginger for her audition?
(a) How to make Ginger jump on cue.
(b) How to make Ginger bark on cue.
(c) Never to give Ginger a treat before she earns it.
(d) How to palm a treat so the audience won't notice.
14. How does Ethan find out that Nadia is also invited to the tea party?
(a) She tells him.
(b) He sees her talking to Noah about it.
(c) He sees her looking for clues in the library.
(d) Julian tells him.
15. Who owns the dog that ends up as Ginger's understudy?
(a) Jared Lord.
(b) Michael Froehlich.
(c) Ham Knapp.
(d) Mrs. Olinski.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Rohmer?
2. What does Mrs. Olinski do in order to find out about Ethan?
3. What word does Noah use over and over in his narrative about his trip to his grandparents' house?
4. Why does Noah say he can't write a B&B letter to his grandparents?
5. Why does the ship's captain decide to have the monkey and his owner let off the ship at the next port?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)