|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Margy ever carry turtles to the water?
(a) She doesn't like the feeling of their shells in her hands.
(b) She thinks that they need to make it on their own or die if they're not strong enough.
(c) The turtles need to walk across their native sand.
(d) She thinks it's too much work.
2. What does Nadia think is the most glorious time of year?
3. What holiday has just passed when Ethan suggests that Nadia have Ginger try out for Annie?
(a) New Year's.
(c) Valentine's Day.
4. What does Ethan notice that Julian's father is wearing?
(a) A green hat.
(b) A turban.
(c) A Punjabi.
(d) A pair of jeans.
5. What does Nadia compare Margy to when she wears her green pantsuit?
(a) A leprechaun.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A giant green ball.
(d) A Granny Smith apple.
6. According to the narrator, sixth grade is the place where kids...
(a) ...can get inside the print to the meaning.
(b) ...stop caring about school.
(c) ...can get into big, dangerous fights.
(d) ...can figure out how to manipulate their teachers.
7. Who chooses The Souls' name?
8. How many of the wedding invitations that Tillie and Noah made are "specially marked"?
9. What is the topic of the workshop Dr. Rohmer completed?
(a) Educational excellence.
(c) Gifted children.
(d) Collaborative learning.
10. Whom does Izzy say the red wagon is a gift from?
(a) Grandpa Nate.
(d) The best man.
11. Why does the commissioner admonish the audience not to applaud after Ethan's answer?
(a) Only the judges can decide if the answer was right.
(b) It's distracting to both teams.
(c) It's not fair to the other team.
(d) It shows favoritism.
12. Which county do the Potters live in?
(a) Genesee County.
(b) Rockland County.
(c) Clarion County.
(d) Saratoga County.
13. What color is Nadia's hair?
14. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the Academic Bowl question in chapter 3?
(d) Seneca Falls.
15. When does Ethan ring in after the question about the places in New York State is asked?
(a) At the sound of the last syllable.
(b) Last of all the contestants.
(c) After a brief moment to think.
(d) Before the commissioner is finished asking the question.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski realize when she sees that the message on the board has been changed?
2. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
3. What color of hair does Mrs. Olinski NOT mention in her joke with Dr. Rohmer?
4. Why does Noah get sent to visit his grandparents?
5. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)