|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Singh do for a living before buying the Sillington place?
(a) He was a policeman.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a chef.
(d) He was a ship's captain.
2. What book does Mrs. Olinski think of while watching the superintendent and the commissioner?
(a) The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
(b) Alice in Wonderland.
(c) Bridge to Terabithia.
(d) Charlotte's Web.
3. What was the audience at the Bowl warned not to do?
(a) Whistle, cheer or applaud.
(b) Boo the opposing team.
(c) Distract the teams.
(d) Give away the answers.
4. Who chooses The Souls' name?
5. Why is the air conditioner in the building turned on?
(a) Because it is too hot to think.
(b) Because someone accidentally turned it on.
(c) Because the calendar says it will be hot.
(d) Because there are so many people in the building.
6. What is Mrs. Olinski wearing at the Bowl?
(a) An evening gown.
(b) A hat.
(c) A T-shirt with her team's logo.
(d) A long skirt.
7. Which student asks Mrs. Olinski to write higher on the board?
(a) Hamilton Knapp.
(b) Michael Froehlich.
(c) One of the two Jasons.
(d) Julian Singh.
8. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
(a) On a cruise.
(b) To his grandparents with Noah.
(c) To Noah's other grandparents' house.
(d) To his dad's house.
9. Whom is the "man of the hour" in chapter 2?
(a) The commissioner of education.
(b) Allen Diamondstein.
(c) Noah's father.
(d) The district superintendent.
10. What color of hair does Mrs. Olinski NOT mention in her joke with Dr. Rohmer?
11. Which subject is Mrs. Olinski going to be teaching?
(b) Social studies.
12. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
(a) Pancakes with syrup.
(c) Waffles with strawberries.
(d) Cinnamon toast.
13. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
14. How does Nadia greet Mrs. Olinski?
(c) "Good morning."
15. What does Tillie say is the biggest single factor in the decline of Western Civilization?
(b) Post-it notes.
(c) No one keeps pet cats anymore.
(d) The ballpoint pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Noah get sent to visit his grandparents?
2. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
3. What does Julian do to get his friends to help him save Ginger?
4. What season does Mrs. Olinski feel she should prefer?
5. What does the narrator say Mrs. Olinski knows about Nadia?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)