|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nadia think of Margy?
(a) She thinks she's beautiful.
(b) She thinks she's smart.
(c) She doesn't understand what her grandpa likes about her.
(d) She doesn't like her much.
2. What answer does Mrs. Olinski give most often about how she chose her team?
(a) The four members have skills that balance each other.
(b) She picked students she knows are smarter than others.
(c) They are her favorite students.
(d) She picked students she knows work harder than others.
3. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
(a) Ginger's fur isn't dirty.
(b) Ginger is a genius.
(c) Ginger doesn't stink.
(d) Ginger's eyes aren't blank.
4. What season does Mrs. Olinski feel she should prefer?
5. What color is Nadia's hair?
6. Why does the ship's captain decide to have the monkey and his owner let off the ship at the next port?
(a) The monkey is too stinky.
(b) The owner turns out to be a thief.
(c) The monkey turns out to be a thief.
(d) The owner is too stinky.
7. What does Ethan say about his brother Luke?
(a) He is just like Ethan.
(b) He isn't very smart.
(c) He has become a myth.
(d) He has his faults.
8. What is the topic of the workshop Dr. Rohmer completed?
(a) Educational excellence.
(b) Gifted children.
(d) Collaborative learning.
9. Why does Noah say he can't write a B&B letter to his grandparents?
(a) He doesn't think they deserve one.
(b) He doesn't know what a B&B letter is.
(c) He doesn't have any paper.
(d) He doesn't have time.
10. What word does Noah look up after Izzy's comment about his divorce and his father's marriage?
11. What does Julian do to get his friends to help him save Ginger?
(a) He tells them Ginger is in danger.
(b) He tells them Nadia is in danger.
(c) He passes them a secret note.
(d) He passes them a Year-of-the-Souls penny.
12. Julian shows his friends a tiny sculpture of _________.
(a) A lion.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A bird.
(d) A monkey.
13. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
(a) Homemade ingberlach.
(b) Homemade teiglach.
(c) Homemade ruggelach.
(d) Homemade challah.
14. What does Nadia compare Margy to when she wears her green pantsuit?
(a) A giant green ball.
(b) A Granny Smith apple.
(c) A leprechaun.
(d) A turtle.
15. What is Mrs. Olinski wearing at the Bowl?
(a) A T-shirt with her team's logo.
(b) An evening gown.
(c) A long skirt.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the principal at the first school where Mrs. Olinski taught?
2. What is the first thing Julian teaches Nadia while The Souls are training Ginger for her audition?
3. Why doesn't Margy ever carry turtles to the water?
4. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski say about her fourth choice for the Academic Bowl team?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)