|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season does Mrs. Olinski feel she should prefer?
2. Who chooses The Souls' name?
3. How does Nadia greet Mrs. Olinski?
(b) "Good morning."
4. What does Julian say his mother was?
(a) A chanteuse.
(c) A musician.
5. Why does Noah get sent to visit his grandparents?
(a) They have better weather in Florida than in New York.
(b) His mom didn't know what to do with him that summer.
(c) His mom won a cruise.
(d) His grandparents missed him.
6. The building housing the Bowl is big enough for what?
(a) Big enough to hold three Bowls at once.
(b) Big enough to be seen from space.
(c) Big enough to get lost in.
(d) Big enough to have its own zip code.
7. What does Mrs. Olinski do in order to find out about Ethan?
(a) She talks to his friends.
(b) She watchs him closely.
(c) She asks to talk to him privately.
(d) She calls his parents.
8. What answer does Mrs. Olinski give most often about how she chose her team?
(a) She picked students she knows work harder than others.
(b) She picked students she knows are smarter than others.
(c) The four members have skills that balance each other.
(d) They are her favorite students.
9. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
(a) Ginger is a genius.
(b) Ginger's fur isn't dirty.
(c) Ginger's eyes aren't blank.
(d) Ginger doesn't stink.
10. What is The Farm?
(a) A farm.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A house.
(d) A housing development.
11. Why does the ship's captain decide to have the monkey and his owner let off the ship at the next port?
(a) The owner is too stinky.
(b) The monkey is too stinky.
(c) The owner turns out to be a thief.
(d) The monkey turns out to be a thief.
12. What holiday has just passed when Ethan suggests that Nadia have Ginger try out for Annie?
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Year's.
13. What word does Mrs. Olinski write on the board below her name on the first day of homeroom?
14. What does Ethan notice that Julian's father is wearing?
(a) A pair of jeans.
(b) A turban.
(c) A green hat.
(d) A Punjabi.
15. What is the name of the place where Noah's grandparents live?
(a) Beachside Village.
(b) Floral Gardens.
(c) Century Park.
(d) Century Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the Academic Bowl question in chapter 3?
2. How many empty egg shells were in the nest Izzy and Margy dug out?
3. How many lines of poetry did the sixth graders have to memorize each month at Mrs. Olinski's first job?
4. What was the audience at the Bowl warned not to do?
5. Whom is the "man of the hour" in chapter 2?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)