|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Noah use over and over in his narrative about his trip to his grandparents' house?
2. Why doesn't Margy ever carry turtles to the water?
(a) The turtles need to walk across their native sand.
(b) She doesn't like the feeling of their shells in her hands.
(c) She thinks it's too much work.
(d) She thinks that they need to make it on their own or die if they're not strong enough.
3. What does Julian do to get his friends to help him save Ginger?
(a) He passes them a secret note.
(b) He tells them Nadia is in danger.
(c) He tells them Ginger is in danger.
(d) He passes them a Year-of-the-Souls penny.
4. How many dogs arrive for the audition with Ginger?
5. What does Tillie say is the biggest single factor in the decline of Western Civilization?
(a) The ballpoint pen.
(c) Post-it notes.
(d) No one keeps pet cats anymore.
6. What does Mrs. Olinski realize when she sees that the message on the board has been changed?
(a) She shouldn't be teaching.
(b) Sixth graders have changed.
(c) Her job is going to be harder than she thought.
(d) Her students will never respect her.
7. Who was the principal at the first school where Mrs. Olinski taught?
(a) Mrs. Draper.
(b) Mrs. Gershom.
(c) Dr. Rohmer.
(d) Mrs. Potter.
8. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
(a) Homemade teiglach.
(b) Homemade ingberlach.
(c) Homemade challah.
(d) Homemade ruggelach.
9. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
(a) To Noah's other grandparents' house.
(b) To his dad's house.
(c) To his grandparents with Noah.
(d) On a cruise.
10. What did Mr. Singh do for a living before buying the Sillington place?
(a) He was a ship's captain.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a policeman.
(d) He was a chef.
11. What does the narrator say there had not been at the Bowl, unlike football Bowls?
(b) Hot dogs.
(c) Season tallies.
12. Who is Dr. Rohmer?
(a) The commissioner of education.
(b) The district superintendent.
(c) Mrs. Olinski's brother.
(d) Nadia's father.
13. What does Julian say his mother was?
(a) A chanteuse.
(c) A musician.
14. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
(a) "So what?"
(b) "Now what?"
(c) "Say what?"
15. What do the girls from the Maxwell team display?
(a) Their arrogance.
(b) Their lacy bra straps.
(c) Their clear superiority.
(d) Their red lipstick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noah say is enough when Julian suggests The Souls need a project?
2. Which subject is Mrs. Olinski going to be teaching?
3. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
4. What is the name of the monkey that accompanies Julian and his family aboard the ship?
5. How does Nadia greet Mrs. Olinski?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)