|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Julian shows his friends a tiny sculpture of _________.
(a) A monkey.
(b) A bird.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A lion.
2. What is the topic of the workshop Dr. Rohmer completed?
(a) Gifted children.
(c) Collaborative learning.
(d) Educational excellence.
3. Why doesn't Margy ever carry turtles to the water?
(a) The turtles need to walk across their native sand.
(b) She thinks it's too much work.
(c) She doesn't like the feeling of their shells in her hands.
(d) She thinks that they need to make it on their own or die if they're not strong enough.
4. How many of the wedding invitations that Tillie and Noah made are "specially marked"?
5. What color is Nadia's hair?
6. How does Ethan find out that Nadia is also invited to the tea party?
(a) He sees her looking for clues in the library.
(b) He sees her talking to Noah about it.
(c) Julian tells him.
(d) She tells him.
7. What does Mrs. Draper never call herself?
(a) An ed-you-kay-toar.
(b) A sensible woman.
(c) The boss.
(d) Mrs. Draper.
8. What does Mrs. Olinski say she gets when introducing herself to her homeroom class for the first time?
(a) The good parking spaces at the mall.
(b) A small pension from her accident.
(c) What it means to be different.
(d) A lot of grief for being handicapped.
9. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
(a) Pancakes with syrup.
(b) Waffles with strawberries.
(c) Cinnamon toast.
10. What does the narrator say Mrs. Olinski knows about Nadia?
(a) She's too shy.
(b) She's a star.
(c) She's especially gifted.
(d) She's a rarity.
11. What is the first thing Julian teaches Nadia while The Souls are training Ginger for her audition?
(a) How to make Ginger jump on cue.
(b) How to make Ginger bark on cue.
(c) How to palm a treat so the audience won't notice.
(d) Never to give Ginger a treat before she earns it.
12. What does Ethan want to be when he grows up?
(a) A costume designer.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A policeman.
13. What is Mrs. Olinski's middle name?
14. What does the narrator say the chicken-and-egg discussion ended with?
(a) An egg.
(b) A party.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A fight.
15. Whom is the "man of the hour" in chapter 2?
(a) Allen Diamondstein.
(b) The commissioner of education.
(c) Noah's father.
(d) The district superintendent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many empty egg shells were in the nest Izzy and Margy dug out?
2. What does Noah say Grandma Sadie and Grandpa Nate did in their "former lives"?
3. The building housing the Bowl is big enough for what?
4. Who was the principal at the first school where Mrs. Olinski taught?
5. Why does Noah get sent to visit his grandparents?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)