|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
(a) Homemade challah.
(b) Homemade ingberlach.
(c) Homemade teiglach.
(d) Homemade ruggelach.
2. What does Mrs. Olinski say she gets when introducing herself to her homeroom class for the first time?
(a) The good parking spaces at the mall.
(b) A small pension from her accident.
(c) What it means to be different.
(d) A lot of grief for being handicapped.
3. What is The Farm?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A housing development.
(c) A farm.
(d) A house.
4. Why is the air conditioner in the building turned on?
(a) Because the calendar says it will be hot.
(b) Because it is too hot to think.
(c) Because someone accidentally turned it on.
(d) Because there are so many people in the building.
5. What does Mrs. Draper never call herself?
(a) A sensible woman.
(b) Mrs. Draper.
(c) The boss.
(d) An ed-you-kay-toar.
6. What does Noah say Grandma Sadie and Grandpa Nate did in their "former lives"?
(a) They were accountants.
(b) They were gardeners.
(c) They had a bakery.
(d) They were musicians.
7. What does Ethan say about his brother Luke?
(a) He has his faults.
(b) He has become a myth.
(c) He isn't very smart.
(d) He is just like Ethan.
8. Who was the principal at the first school where Mrs. Olinski taught?
(a) Dr. Rohmer.
(b) Mrs. Draper.
(c) Mrs. Gershom.
(d) Mrs. Potter.
9. Why does Noah say he can't write a B&B letter to his grandparents?
(a) He doesn't have time.
(b) He doesn't think they deserve one.
(c) He doesn't know what a B&B letter is.
(d) He doesn't have any paper.
10. Why does the ship's captain decide to have the monkey and his owner let off the ship at the next port?
(a) The owner turns out to be a thief.
(b) The monkey turns out to be a thief.
(c) The owner is too stinky.
(d) The monkey is too stinky.
11. What answer does Mrs. Olinski give most often about how she chose her team?
(a) The four members have skills that balance each other.
(b) She picked students she knows work harder than others.
(c) They are her favorite students.
(d) She picked students she knows are smarter than others.
12. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
13. What is the kind of audition called that Nadia takes Ginger to?
(a) A doggie audition.
(b) A cattle call.
(c) An animal call.
(d) An open audition.
14. What does Julian say his mother was?
(a) A musician.
(c) A chanteuse.
15. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
(a) Pancakes with syrup.
(b) Waffles with strawberries.
(d) Cinnamon toast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian do to get his friends to help him save Ginger?
2. What does Nadia compare Margy to when she wears her green pantsuit?
3. What color is Nadia's hair?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski say "paraplegic" means?
5. When does Ethan ring in after the question about the places in New York State is asked?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)