|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The building housing the Bowl is big enough for what?
(a) Big enough to have its own zip code.
(b) Big enough to get lost in.
(c) Big enough to hold three Bowls at once.
(d) Big enough to be seen from space.
2. Whom does Mrs. Olinski give a bad answer to about how she picked her team?
(a) The superintendent of schools.
(b) The principal.
(c) The commissioner of education.
(d) Noah's father.
3. What is the topic of the workshop Dr. Rohmer completed?
(b) Gifted children.
(c) Collaborative learning.
(d) Educational excellence.
4. What book does Mrs. Olinski think of while watching the superintendent and the commissioner?
(a) Charlotte's Web.
(b) The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
(c) Bridge to Terabithia.
(d) Alice in Wonderland.
5. What does the narrator say there had not been at the Bowl, unlike football Bowls?
(b) Season tallies.
(d) Hot dogs.
6. In chapter 3, how many of the places in the Academic Bowl question are the contestants required to give an answer about?
7. What is The Farm?
(a) A house.
(b) A housing development.
(c) A farm.
(d) A grocery store.
8. What does Mrs. Olinski know about Ethan before she met him?
(a) That he is tough.
(b) That he is Mrs. Draper's grandson.
(c) That he is independent.
(d) That he is smart.
9. What did Mr. Singh do for a living before buying the Sillington place?
(a) He was a chef.
(b) He was a ship's captain.
(c) He was a policeman.
(d) He was a teacher.
10. What is Mrs. Olinski's middle name?
11. Why does the ship's captain decide to have the monkey and his owner let off the ship at the next port?
(a) The monkey is too stinky.
(b) The monkey turns out to be a thief.
(c) The owner is too stinky.
(d) The owner turns out to be a thief.
12. What is remarkable about The Souls making it to the finals?
(a) They are all sixth graders.
(b) Mrs. Olinski wasn't sure they were smart enough.
(c) No one thought they could do it.
(d) They are the 18th straight winning team from Epiphany.
13. What does Allen break that prevents him from being the best man at the wedding?
(a) His arm.
(b) His finger.
(c) His foot.
(d) His neck.
14. What does Noah say Grandma Sadie and Grandpa Nate did in their "former lives"?
(a) They had a bakery.
(b) They were musicians.
(c) They were accountants.
(d) They were gardeners.
15. What is the first thing Julian teaches Nadia while The Souls are training Ginger for her audition?
(a) How to make Ginger jump on cue.
(b) Never to give Ginger a treat before she earns it.
(c) How to make Ginger bark on cue.
(d) How to palm a treat so the audience won't notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
2. How many lines of poetry did the sixth graders have to memorize each month at Mrs. Olinski's first job?
3. What does Nadia think is the most glorious time of year?
4. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the Academic Bowl question in chapter 3?
5. When does Ethan ring in after the question about the places in New York State is asked?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)