|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tillie say is the biggest single factor in the decline of Western Civilization?
(a) No one keeps pet cats anymore.
(b) The ballpoint pen.
(d) Post-it notes.
2. What does Mrs. Olinski say "paraplegic" means?
(a) She can't write above the middle of the board.
(b) She's paralyzed from the waist down.
(c) She's paralyzed from the neck down.
(d) She can't stand up.
3. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
4. Why does the commissioner admonish the audience not to applaud after Ethan's answer?
(a) It's not fair to the other team.
(b) It's distracting to both teams.
(c) It shows favoritism.
(d) Only the judges can decide if the answer was right.
5. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
(a) He has a new girlfriend.
(b) He wants to get married again.
(c) He wants to move to New York.
(d) He wants to get licensed to move turtle nests.
6. What is The Farm?
(a) A farm.
(b) A housing development.
(c) A house.
(d) A grocery store.
7. What is Mrs. Olinski wearing at the Bowl?
(a) An evening gown.
(b) A hat.
(c) A long skirt.
(d) A T-shirt with her team's logo.
8. What is the topic of the workshop Dr. Rohmer completed?
(a) Educational excellence.
(b) Gifted children.
(d) Collaborative learning.
9. How many lines of poetry did the sixth graders have to memorize each month at Mrs. Olinski's first job?
(a) Four hundred.
10. What game does Noah compare collecting coupons for the groceries to?
(b) Musical Chairs.
(d) Go Fish.
11. Which county do the Potters live in?
(a) Saratoga County.
(b) Genesee County.
(c) Rockland County.
(d) Clarion County.
12. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
(a) Ginger is a genius.
(b) Ginger's fur isn't dirty.
(c) Ginger's eyes aren't blank.
(d) Ginger doesn't stink.
13. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
(a) On a cruise.
(b) To his grandparents with Noah.
(c) To his dad's house.
(d) To Noah's other grandparents' house.
14. What does Mrs. Olinski say about her fourth choice for the Academic Bowl team?
(a) The first three members suggested the fourth.
(b) It has been giving her problems.
(c) She has known all along who it is going to be.
(d) The idea comes to her in a dream.
15. Whom is the "man of the hour" in chapter 2?
(a) Allen Diamondstein.
(b) Noah's father.
(c) The district superintendent.
(d) The commissioner of education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethan want to be when he grows up?
2. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
3. According to the narrator, sixth grade is the place where kids...
4. Why is the air conditioner in the building turned on?
5. What does Julian do to get his friends to help him save Ginger?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)