|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the place where Noah's grandparents live?
(a) Floral Gardens.
(b) Century Park.
(c) Beachside Village.
(d) Century Village.
2. What does the narrator say there had not been at the Bowl, unlike football Bowls?
(b) Season tallies.
(c) Hot dogs.
3. What does Nadia think is the most glorious time of year?
4. How does Nadia greet Mrs. Olinski?
(a) "Good morning."
5. Whom does Mrs. Olinski tell when she decides that Ethan should be part of the Academic Bowl team?
(b) No one.
(c) The district superintendent.
(d) Mrs. Draper.
6. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
(a) Waffles with strawberries.
(c) Cinnamon toast.
(d) Pancakes with syrup.
7. Who organized the first women's rights convention?
(a) Susan B. Anthony.
(b) Harriet Tubman.
(c) Amelia Jenks Bloomer.
(d) Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
8. What does Ethan want to be when he grows up?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A costume designer.
(d) A teacher.
9. What word does Noah look up after Izzy's comment about his divorce and his father's marriage?
10. What does Julian do to get his friends to help him save Ginger?
(a) He passes them a secret note.
(b) He tells them Nadia is in danger.
(c) He passes them a Year-of-the-Souls penny.
(d) He tells them Ginger is in danger.
11. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
(a) Homemade ruggelach.
(b) Homemade teiglach.
(c) Homemade ingberlach.
(d) Homemade challah.
12. Why doesn't Margy ever carry turtles to the water?
(a) She thinks that they need to make it on their own or die if they're not strong enough.
(b) She thinks it's too much work.
(c) The turtles need to walk across their native sand.
(d) She doesn't like the feeling of their shells in her hands.
13. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
(b) "So what?"
(c) "Now what?"
(d) "Say what?"
14. What does Mrs. Olinski do in order to find out about Ethan?
(a) She calls his parents.
(b) She asks to talk to him privately.
(c) She watchs him closely.
(d) She talks to his friends.
15. What is the topic of the workshop Dr. Rohmer completed?
(a) Educational excellence.
(b) Gifted children.
(d) Collaborative learning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julian feel about Nadia's bickering with Noah?
2. What does the commissioner pull out of his front pocket before reading the first question?
3. What does Nadia say Ginger doesn't do?
4. Who approves people to move turtle nests?
5. What did Mr. Singh do for a living before buying the Sillington place?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)