|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nadia think is the most glorious time of year?
2. What is remarkable about The Souls making it to the finals?
(a) They are the 18th straight winning team from Epiphany.
(b) No one thought they could do it.
(c) Mrs. Olinski wasn't sure they were smart enough.
(d) They are all sixth graders.
3. What does Nadia say Ginger doesn't do?
(a) Follow rules.
(b) Bark on cue.
(c) Make a scene in public.
4. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
(a) Ginger is too smart to play Sandy.
(b) Ginger is much bigger than Sandy.
(c) Ginger can't work that hard.
(d) Ginger is female, but Sandy is male.
5. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
6. What does Mrs. Olinski realize when she sees that the message on the board has been changed?
(a) Sixth graders have changed.
(b) She shouldn't be teaching.
(c) Her students will never respect her.
(d) Her job is going to be harder than she thought.
7. What color of hair does Mrs. Olinski NOT mention in her joke with Dr. Rohmer?
8. Whom is the "man of the hour" in chapter 2?
(a) Noah's father.
(b) The commissioner of education.
(c) The district superintendent.
(d) Allen Diamondstein.
9. What does Mrs. Draper never call herself?
(a) A sensible woman.
(b) Mrs. Draper.
(c) An ed-you-kay-toar.
(d) The boss.
10. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
(a) Pancakes with syrup.
(c) Cinnamon toast.
(d) Waffles with strawberries.
11. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
(a) Ginger is a genius.
(b) Ginger's eyes aren't blank.
(c) Ginger's fur isn't dirty.
(d) Ginger doesn't stink.
12. The building housing the Bowl is big enough for what?
(a) Big enough to have its own zip code.
(b) Big enough to get lost in.
(c) Big enough to hold three Bowls at once.
(d) Big enough to be seen from space.
13. What is Mrs. Olinski wearing at the Bowl?
(a) A hat.
(b) An evening gown.
(c) A long skirt.
(d) A T-shirt with her team's logo.
14. What does Ethan say about his brother Luke?
(a) He has become a myth.
(b) He is just like Ethan.
(c) He has his faults.
(d) He isn't very smart.
15. What word does Mrs. Olinski write on the board below her name on the first day of homeroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nadia think of Margy?
2. What is the first thing Julian teaches Nadia while The Souls are training Ginger for her audition?
3. Who owns the dog that ends up as Ginger's understudy?
4. What does Julian say his mother was?
5. What is the name of the monkey that accompanies Julian and his family aboard the ship?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)