|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is The Farm?
(a) A house.
(b) A housing development.
(c) A farm.
(d) A grocery store.
2. What does Julian say his mother was?
(a) A chanteuse.
(c) A musician.
3. What does Mrs. Olinski say "paraplegic" means?
(a) She's paralyzed from the waist down.
(b) She's paralyzed from the neck down.
(c) She can't write above the middle of the board.
(d) She can't stand up.
4. What word does Mrs. Olinski write on the board below her name on the first day of homeroom?
5. What is the topic of the workshop Dr. Rohmer completed?
(a) Educational excellence.
(c) Gifted children.
(d) Collaborative learning.
6. What does Julian do to get his friends to help him save Ginger?
(a) He passes them a Year-of-the-Souls penny.
(b) He tells them Nadia is in danger.
(c) He passes them a secret note.
(d) He tells them Ginger is in danger.
7. What holiday has just passed when Ethan suggests that Nadia have Ginger try out for Annie?
(b) New Year's.
(d) Valentine's Day.
8. What does Mrs. Olinski say she gets when introducing herself to her homeroom class for the first time?
(a) The good parking spaces at the mall.
(b) A small pension from her accident.
(c) What it means to be different.
(d) A lot of grief for being handicapped.
9. How many of the wedding invitations that Tillie and Noah made are "specially marked"?
10. What word does Noah look up after Izzy's comment about his divorce and his father's marriage?
11. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
(a) Ginger is female, but Sandy is male.
(b) Ginger is too smart to play Sandy.
(c) Ginger is much bigger than Sandy.
(d) Ginger can't work that hard.
12. Julian shows his friends a tiny sculpture of _________.
(a) A lion.
(b) A bird.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A rabbit.
13. Why does the commissioner admonish the audience not to applaud after Ethan's answer?
(a) It's not fair to the other team.
(b) It's distracting to both teams.
(c) Only the judges can decide if the answer was right.
(d) It shows favoritism.
14. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
(a) He wants to get married again.
(b) He wants to get licensed to move turtle nests.
(c) He wants to move to New York.
(d) He has a new girlfriend.
15. What is the name of the place where Noah's grandparents live?
(a) Century Village.
(b) Century Park.
(c) Floral Gardens.
(d) Beachside Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tillie say is the biggest single factor in the decline of Western Civilization?
2. What does Nadia think of Margy?
3. What does the narrator say the chicken-and-egg discussion ended with?
4. What season does Mrs. Olinski feel she should prefer?
5. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)