|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is remarkable about The Souls making it to the finals?
(a) They are the 18th straight winning team from Epiphany.
(b) They are all sixth graders.
(c) Mrs. Olinski wasn't sure they were smart enough.
(d) No one thought they could do it.
2. How many empty egg shells were in the nest Izzy and Margy dug out?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski do in order to find out about Ethan?
(a) She watchs him closely.
(b) She calls his parents.
(c) She talks to his friends.
(d) She asks to talk to him privately.
4. How does Ethan find out that Nadia is also invited to the tea party?
(a) He sees her looking for clues in the library.
(b) He sees her talking to Noah about it.
(c) Julian tells him.
(d) She tells him.
5. What does Mrs. Draper have to say about Ethan?
(a) Not much.
(b) She doesn't know Ethan very well.
(c) What a hard worker he is.
(d) What a smart kid he is.
6. What answer does Mrs. Olinski give most often about how she chose her team?
(a) They are her favorite students.
(b) She picked students she knows work harder than others.
(c) The four members have skills that balance each other.
(d) She picked students she knows are smarter than others.
7. What does Tillie say is the biggest single factor in the decline of Western Civilization?
(b) Post-it notes.
(c) No one keeps pet cats anymore.
(d) The ballpoint pen.
8. What does Allen break that prevents him from being the best man at the wedding?
(a) His arm.
(b) His foot.
(c) His neck.
(d) His finger.
9. What does the commissioner pull out of his front pocket before reading the first question?
(a) A pair of reading glasses.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) His good-luck charm.
(d) A card with the question on it.
10. What is Mrs. Olinski wearing at the Bowl?
(a) A hat.
(b) An evening gown.
(c) A T-shirt with her team's logo.
(d) A long skirt.
11. What does Mrs. Draper never call herself?
(a) An ed-you-kay-toar.
(b) The boss.
(c) Mrs. Draper.
(d) A sensible woman.
12. What color is Nadia's hair?
13. What does Nadia think is the most glorious time of year?
14. What season does Mrs. Olinski feel she should prefer?
15. Who approves people to move turtle nests?
(a) The United Nations Environmental Program.
(b) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(c) The Department of Environmental Protection.
(d) The Florida Sea Turtle Initiative.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lines of poetry did the sixth graders have to memorize each month at Mrs. Olinski's first job?
2. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
3. What show does Allen take Nadia and Ethan to see?
4. Whom does Izzy say the red wagon is a gift from?
5. What does the narrator say the chicken-and-egg discussion ended with?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)