|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the dog that ends up as Ginger's understudy?
(a) Jared Lord.
(b) Mrs. Olinski.
(c) Ham Knapp.
(d) Michael Froehlich.
2. How does Ethan find out that Nadia is also invited to the tea party?
(a) He sees her looking for clues in the library.
(b) Julian tells him.
(c) She tells him.
(d) He sees her talking to Noah about it.
3. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
(a) To his grandparents with Noah.
(b) On a cruise.
(c) To his dad's house.
(d) To Noah's other grandparents' house.
4. What does the commissioner pull out of his front pocket before reading the first question?
(a) His good-luck charm.
(b) A pair of reading glasses.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A card with the question on it.
5. What does Mrs. Olinski say she gets when introducing herself to her homeroom class for the first time?
(a) The good parking spaces at the mall.
(b) What it means to be different.
(c) A small pension from her accident.
(d) A lot of grief for being handicapped.
6. Whom is the "man of the hour" in chapter 2?
(a) Noah's father.
(b) The district superintendent.
(c) Allen Diamondstein.
(d) The commissioner of education.
7. What did Mrs. Singh do for a living before she died?
(a) She sold real estate.
(b) She was a teacher.
(c) She was a writer.
(d) She was a singer.
8. What does Ethan want to be when he grows up?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A costume designer.
(d) A teacher.
9. How does Nadia greet Mrs. Olinski?
(d) "Good morning."
10. What season does Mrs. Olinski feel she should prefer?
11. How many lines of poetry did the sixth graders have to memorize each month at Mrs. Olinski's first job?
(a) Four hundred.
12. Who approves people to move turtle nests?
(a) The United Nations Environmental Program.
(b) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(c) The Florida Sea Turtle Initiative.
(d) The Department of Environmental Protection.
13. What does the narrator say there had not been at the Bowl, unlike football Bowls?
(a) Season tallies.
(c) Hot dogs.
14. Which student asks Mrs. Olinski to write higher on the board?
(a) Hamilton Knapp.
(b) Julian Singh.
(c) One of the two Jasons.
(d) Michael Froehlich.
15. Julian shows his friends a tiny sculpture of _________.
(a) A lion.
(b) A bird.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say about her fourth choice for the Academic Bowl team?
2. Who chooses The Souls' name?
3. What was the audience at the Bowl warned not to do?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski do in order to find out about Ethan?
5. What word does Noah look up after Izzy's comment about his divorce and his father's marriage?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)