|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski do in order to find out about Ethan?
(a) She talks to his friends.
(b) She watchs him closely.
(c) She asks to talk to him privately.
(d) She calls his parents.
2. The building housing the Bowl is big enough for what?
(a) Big enough to hold three Bowls at once.
(b) Big enough to have its own zip code.
(c) Big enough to be seen from space.
(d) Big enough to get lost in.
3. What does Mrs. Olinski know about Ethan before she met him?
(a) That he is independent.
(b) That he is smart.
(c) That he is tough.
(d) That he is Mrs. Draper's grandson.
4. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
(a) Cinnamon toast.
(c) Pancakes with syrup.
(d) Waffles with strawberries.
5. What does Mrs. Draper never call herself?
(a) Mrs. Draper.
(b) An ed-you-kay-toar.
(c) The boss.
(d) A sensible woman.
6. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
7. Why does Noah say he can't write a B&B letter to his grandparents?
(a) He doesn't think they deserve one.
(b) He doesn't know what a B&B letter is.
(c) He doesn't have any paper.
(d) He doesn't have time.
8. What word does Noah use over and over in his narrative about his trip to his grandparents' house?
9. What is The Farm?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A farm.
(c) A house.
(d) A housing development.
10. What color is Nadia's hair?
11. What does Noah say Grandma Sadie and Grandpa Nate did in their "former lives"?
(a) They had a bakery.
(b) They were gardeners.
(c) They were musicians.
(d) They were accountants.
12. What does Ethan give Julian as a gift?
(a) A new bookbag.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A copy of "Alice in Wonderland".
(d) A puzzle.
13. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
(a) Ginger can't work that hard.
(b) Ginger is too smart to play Sandy.
(c) Ginger is much bigger than Sandy.
(d) Ginger is female, but Sandy is male.
14. What was the audience at the Bowl warned not to do?
(a) Distract the teams.
(b) Whistle, cheer or applaud.
(c) Give away the answers.
(d) Boo the opposing team.
15. What holiday has just passed when Ethan suggests that Nadia have Ginger try out for Annie?
(a) New Year's.
(c) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dogs arrive for the audition with Ginger?
2. What season does Mrs. Olinski feel she should prefer?
3. What does Ethan say about his brother Luke?
4. Julian shows his friends a tiny sculpture of _________.
5. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)