|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
(a) "Say what?"
(b) "Now what?"
(d) "So what?"
2. Whom does Mrs. Olinski tell when she decides that Ethan should be part of the Academic Bowl team?
(b) Mrs. Draper.
(c) No one.
(d) The district superintendent.
3. What word does Noah look up after Izzy's comment about his divorce and his father's marriage?
4. What word does Noah use over and over in his narrative about his trip to his grandparents' house?
5. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
(a) Ginger's eyes aren't blank.
(b) Ginger doesn't stink.
(c) Ginger is a genius.
(d) Ginger's fur isn't dirty.
6. Who approves people to move turtle nests?
(a) The Department of Environmental Protection.
(b) The United Nations Environmental Program.
(c) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(d) The Florida Sea Turtle Initiative.
7. What word do the onlookers keep saying while Izzy and Margy are digging out the turtles' nest?
8. How many dogs arrive for the audition with Ginger?
9. What does Mrs. Olinski say "paraplegic" means?
(a) She's paralyzed from the neck down.
(b) She can't stand up.
(c) She's paralyzed from the waist down.
(d) She can't write above the middle of the board.
10. Which county do the Potters live in?
(a) Genesee County.
(b) Clarion County.
(c) Saratoga County.
(d) Rockland County.
11. What is Mrs. Olinski's middle name?
12. How does Ethan find out that Nadia is also invited to the tea party?
(a) She tells him.
(b) Julian tells him.
(c) He sees her talking to Noah about it.
(d) He sees her looking for clues in the library.
13. What does Ethan notice that Julian's father is wearing?
(a) A Punjabi.
(b) A pair of jeans.
(c) A green hat.
(d) A turban.
14. What does Noah say is enough when Julian suggests The Souls need a project?
(a) Doing puzzles.
(b) Regular tea parties.
(c) Peeling wallpaper.
(d) Learning magic.
15. Who was the principal at the first school where Mrs. Olinski taught?
(a) Dr. Rohmer.
(b) Mrs. Potter.
(c) Mrs. Gershom.
(d) Mrs. Draper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
2. What does Mrs. Draper never call herself?
3. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
4. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
5. What does Nadia say Ginger doesn't do?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)