|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the dog that ends up as Ginger's understudy?
(a) Michael Froehlich.
(b) Ham Knapp.
(c) Mrs. Olinski.
(d) Jared Lord.
2. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
(a) Ginger is too smart to play Sandy.
(b) Ginger can't work that hard.
(c) Ginger is much bigger than Sandy.
(d) Ginger is female, but Sandy is male.
3. What does Nadia compare Margy to when she wears her green pantsuit?
(a) A leprechaun.
(b) A giant green ball.
(c) A Granny Smith apple.
(d) A turtle.
4. Why is the air conditioner in the building turned on?
(a) Because there are so many people in the building.
(b) Because it is too hot to think.
(c) Because someone accidentally turned it on.
(d) Because the calendar says it will be hot.
5. What does Ethan notice that Julian's father is wearing?
(a) A Punjabi.
(b) A green hat.
(c) A pair of jeans.
(d) A turban.
6. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
(a) Pancakes with syrup.
(c) Waffles with strawberries.
(d) Cinnamon toast.
7. What holiday has just passed when Ethan suggests that Nadia have Ginger try out for Annie?
(a) New Year's.
(d) Valentine's Day.
8. What did Mr. Singh do for a living before buying the Sillington place?
(a) He was a teacher.
(b) He was a chef.
(c) He was a policeman.
(d) He was a ship's captain.
9. What does Grandpa Izzy say Margy is?
10. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
(a) Ginger's eyes aren't blank.
(b) Ginger doesn't stink.
(c) Ginger's fur isn't dirty.
(d) Ginger is a genius.
11. According to the narrator, sixth grade is the place where kids...
(a) ...stop caring about school.
(b) ...can figure out how to manipulate their teachers.
(c) ...can get inside the print to the meaning.
(d) ...can get into big, dangerous fights.
12. What is the kind of audition called that Nadia takes Ginger to?
(a) An animal call.
(b) A doggie audition.
(c) An open audition.
(d) A cattle call.
13. What season does Mrs. Olinski feel she should prefer?
14. What game does Noah compare collecting coupons for the groceries to?
(b) Go Fish.
(d) Musical Chairs.
15. What is remarkable about The Souls making it to the finals?
(a) They are the 18th straight winning team from Epiphany.
(b) They are all sixth graders.
(c) Mrs. Olinski wasn't sure they were smart enough.
(d) No one thought they could do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nadia say had been the worst part of her trip to Florida?
2. What does Noah say Grandma Sadie and Grandpa Nate did in their "former lives"?
3. How many empty egg shells were in the nest Izzy and Margy dug out?
4. What does Mrs. Draper have to say about Ethan?
5. What word do the onlookers keep saying while Izzy and Margy are digging out the turtles' nest?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)