|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Noah get sent to visit his grandparents?
(a) His mom won a cruise.
(b) His mom didn't know what to do with him that summer.
(c) They have better weather in Florida than in New York.
(d) His grandparents missed him.
2. What does Allen break that prevents him from being the best man at the wedding?
(a) His foot.
(b) His finger.
(c) His neck.
(d) His arm.
3. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
(a) Homemade ruggelach.
(b) Homemade ingberlach.
(c) Homemade challah.
(d) Homemade teiglach.
4. What is remarkable about The Souls making it to the finals?
(a) They are the 18th straight winning team from Epiphany.
(b) They are all sixth graders.
(c) Mrs. Olinski wasn't sure they were smart enough.
(d) No one thought they could do it.
5. What does Ethan say about his brother Luke?
(a) He has his faults.
(b) He has become a myth.
(c) He is just like Ethan.
(d) He isn't very smart.
6. What does Julian do to get his friends to help him save Ginger?
(a) He tells them Nadia is in danger.
(b) He passes them a Year-of-the-Souls penny.
(c) He passes them a secret note.
(d) He tells them Ginger is in danger.
7. What does Julian say his mother was?
(b) A musician.
(c) A chanteuse.
8. Why is the air conditioner in the building turned on?
(a) Because the calendar says it will be hot.
(b) Because there are so many people in the building.
(c) Because it is too hot to think.
(d) Because someone accidentally turned it on.
9. What does Mrs. Olinski realize when she sees that the message on the board has been changed?
(a) Her students will never respect her.
(b) Sixth graders have changed.
(c) Her job is going to be harder than she thought.
(d) She shouldn't be teaching.
10. Why does Noah say he can't write a B&B letter to his grandparents?
(a) He doesn't have any paper.
(b) He doesn't have time.
(c) He doesn't know what a B&B letter is.
(d) He doesn't think they deserve one.
11. How does Nadia greet Mrs. Olinski?
(d) "Good morning."
12. What does the commissioner pull out of his front pocket before reading the first question?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A card with the question on it.
(c) A pair of reading glasses.
(d) His good-luck charm.
13. How many of the wedding invitations that Tillie and Noah made are "specially marked"?
14. Why doesn't Margy ever carry turtles to the water?
(a) The turtles need to walk across their native sand.
(b) She thinks it's too much work.
(c) She thinks that they need to make it on their own or die if they're not strong enough.
(d) She doesn't like the feeling of their shells in her hands.
15. What do the girls from the Maxwell team display?
(a) Their lacy bra straps.
(b) Their clear superiority.
(c) Their arrogance.
(d) Their red lipstick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Julian teaches Nadia while The Souls are training Ginger for her audition?
2. Who was the principal at the first school where Mrs. Olinski taught?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski say the "O" in her name looked like?
4. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
5. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)