|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Damerel suggest Aubrey go in Chapter 13?
2. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
3. Where does Venetia spot a striking woman accompanied by a man who looks like the Prince Regent?
4. Where does Mrs. Scorrier wish to have all of Aubrey's dogs kept?
5. What prompts Aubrey to change his behavior towards Mrs. Scorrier in Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the setting affect the plot and the characters? How does Heyer create a realistic portrayal of Regency England?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Venetia and Damerel. How do they feel about one another when they first meet? How do their feelings progress as the novel progresses? What conflicts and obstacles do these characters face? How do they overcome these obstacles? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how romance novels try to satisfy their readers. What methods are used to please the readers? What elements of a romance novel are necessary to meet the expectations of the reader?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)