|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Scorrier wish to have all of Aubrey's dogs kept?
2. Who do Venetia and Sir Lambert encounter on the walk home in Chapter 19?
3. How is Sir Lambert described?
4. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
5. Why do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
2. Why isn't Venetia enjoying her London trip?
3. Why doesn't Damerel kiss Venetia in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Venetia's uncle visit her in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Oswald intercept Damerel on his way home in Chapter 9?
6. What does Sir John and Lady Denny do after they hear that Oswald challenged Damerel to a duel?
7. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
8. What disagreement arises because of Aubrey's dog, Bess, in Chapter 14?
9. How does the arrival of Mrs. Scorrier affect the running of Undershaw?
10. Why does Venetia need to find a new place for Aubrey? What solution does she find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the social rules and manners that the characters must abide by during this time period. How do these social rules affect the plot and characters of the novel? How do they create barriers in Venetia's and Damerel's relationship? Use two sources in addition to the novel to help support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss conflict in the novel "Venetia." What are the main conflicts of the novel? How do these conflicts affect the plot and characters of the novel? How do they affect the reader's enjoyment of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the setting affect the plot and the characters? How does Heyer create a realistic portrayal of Regency England?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)