|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venetia's uncle come to Undershaw in Chapter 15?
2. How does Venetia feel when she is busy in Chapter 16?
3. What does Venetia try to come up with a plan to do in Chapter 18?
4. What does Venetia tell her aunt at the end of Chapter 19?
5. What does Venetia find that she enjoys doing in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the examples of love and romance in the novel "Venetia." What are some examples? Is Venetia a romantic character? Why or why not? Is Damerel a romantic character? How does Heyer infuse romance into the plot? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
What is the genre of the novel "Venetia"? Discuss this genre and some common elements of the genre. What are some other novels of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in the novel "Venetia." What are the main conflicts of the novel? How do these conflicts affect the plot and characters of the novel? How do they affect the reader's enjoyment of the novel?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)