|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hendred think about Yardley as possible husband for Venetia?
2. How is Venetia dressed at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. What is the name of Conway's new wife?
4. Where does Damerel take Aubrey in Chapter 10?
5. What does Lady Denny worry about once she realizes that Venetia loves Damerel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
2. Why has Yardley come to London? What does Mrs. Hendred think of Yardley?
3. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 15?
4. What happens while Venetia, Yardley and Mrs. Hendred attend the theater?
5. How does Venetia react when she finds out that the woman at the theater is her mother?
6. What are Aubrey and Venetia shocked to find out upon returning to Undershaw in Chapter 10?
7. Why does Venetia go in search of a hotel at the beginning of Chapter 19?
8. What does Venetia talk to her mother about when she meets her for the first time?
9. How does Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte react to a visit from Damerel in Chapter 12?
10. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of the novel, Georgette Heyer. Is she a respected novelist? What has she achieved throughout her career? What types of novels does she write? Are there similarities between "Venetia" and her other novels?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Venetia and Damerel. How do they feel about one another when they first meet? How do their feelings progress as the novel progresses? What conflicts and obstacles do these characters face? How do they overcome these obstacles? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the setting affect the plot and the characters? How does Heyer create a realistic portrayal of Regency England?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)