|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Venetia react to Mrs. Scorrier's attempt to make amends?
2. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
3. What does the striking woman that Venetia sees in Chapter 18 do to Venetia?
4. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
5. What does Venetia try to come up with a plan to do in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Venetia react when she finds out that the woman at the theater is her mother?
2. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
3. What does Sir John and Lady Denny do after they hear that Oswald challenged Damerel to a duel?
4. What conflict is Venetia burdened with in Chapter 14?
5. Why isn't Venetia enjoying her London trip?
6. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
7. What are Aubrey and Venetia shocked to find out upon returning to Undershaw in Chapter 10?
8. Why does Oswald intercept Damerel on his way home in Chapter 9?
9. How does Mrs. Hendred try to meddle in Venetia's affairs?
10. How does the arrival of Mrs. Scorrier affect the running of Undershaw?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. What happens at the end of the novel? Is it expected? Are you satisfied with the ending? Are there any unanswered questions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of separation in the novel "Venetia." How does the separation between Venetia and Damerel during Venetia's trip to London affect each of them? Why does Damerel encourage Venetia to go to London and how does this make her feel? What does Venetia spend her time doing while she is away from Damerel? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the examples of love and romance in the novel "Venetia." What are some examples? Is Venetia a romantic character? Why or why not? Is Damerel a romantic character? How does Heyer infuse romance into the plot? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)