|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
2. Where does Damerel take Aubrey in Chapter 10?
3. What is the name of the striking woman who Venetia sees in Chapter 18?
4. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
5. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Damerel kiss Venetia in Chapter 9?
2. Why isn't Venetia enjoying her London trip?
3. What does Mrs. Hendred confess to Venetia at the end of Chapter 17 and how does Venetia react?
4. Why does Venetia need to find a new place for Aubrey? What solution does she find?
5. How does Venetia react when she finds out that the woman at the theater is her mother?
6. How does Mrs. Hendred try to meddle in Venetia's affairs?
7. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
8. How does the arrival of Mrs. Scorrier affect the running of Undershaw?
9. How does Mrs. Hendred convince Venetia to go out on the town with her and Yardley? Where do they go?
10. Why does Venetia go in search of a hotel at the beginning of Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of the novel, Georgette Heyer. Is she a respected novelist? What has she achieved throughout her career? What types of novels does she write? Are there similarities between "Venetia" and her other novels?
Essay Topic 2
What is the genre of the novel "Venetia"? Discuss this genre and some common elements of the genre. What are some other novels of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the examples of love and romance in the novel "Venetia." What are some examples? Is Venetia a romantic character? Why or why not? Is Damerel a romantic character? How does Heyer infuse romance into the plot? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)