Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
2. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
3. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
4. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
5. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Damerel kiss Venetia in Chapter 9?
2. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
3. What are Aubrey and Venetia shocked to find out upon returning to Undershaw in Chapter 10?
4. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
5. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
6. What does Venetia think Damerel means when he says he would not have kissed her had she been with an attendant?
7. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
8. What does Venetia tell Damerel he is the first to perceive in Chapter 7?
9. What does Philip discuss with Damerel and Venetia in Chapter 21?
10. How does Mrs. Hendred convince Venetia to go out on the town with her and Yardley? Where do they go?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Venetia and Damerel. How do they feel about one another when they first meet? How do their feelings progress as the novel progresses? What conflicts and obstacles do these characters face? How do they overcome these obstacles? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the setting affect the plot and the characters? How does Heyer create a realistic portrayal of Regency England?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of separation in the novel "Venetia." How does the separation between Venetia and Damerel during Venetia's trip to London affect each of them? Why does Damerel encourage Venetia to go to London and how does this make her feel? What does Venetia spend her time doing while she is away from Damerel? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)