|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Damerel?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
3. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
4. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
5. Who does Venetia tell about her encounter with Lord Damerel ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Venetia give Oswald for refusing to marry him?
2. What does Venetia decide to do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. How do Oswald and Yardley each view Damerel in relation to Venetia?
4. What does Yardley warn Venetia of when news of Lord Damerel's return spreads?
5. What is Venetia's relationship with Lady Denny?
6. What vexes Yardley at the end of Chapter 1?
7. In Chapter 7, what does Damerel reveal is the real reason he returned to the Priory?
8. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
9. What did Mrs. Priddy once tell Venetia about her mother?
10. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss conflict in the novel "Venetia." What are the main conflicts of the novel? How do these conflicts affect the plot and characters of the novel? How do they affect the reader's enjoyment of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the setting affect the plot and the characters? How does Heyer create a realistic portrayal of Regency England?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Venetia Lanyon. What are her strengths and weaknesses? What are her defining character traits? Make sure you define the role of the protagonist in writing and support your statements about her traits with specific examples from the novel.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)