|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia note to Oswald about his father.
2. What do Venetia and Damerel talk about in the garden in Chapter 6?
3. What kind of dog does Aubrey have?
4. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
5. How does Lady Denny act toward Lord Damerel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
2. What vexes Yardley at the end of Chapter 1?
3. What is Venetia's relationship with Lady Denny?
4. How does Oswald view Damerel's return?
5. How does Damerel earn Aubrey's good opinion?
6. What did Lady Denny's daughters think of Lord Damerel?
7. How does Damerel help Venetia in Chapter 2? What does he do after helping her?
8. What does Venetia think Damerel means when he says he would not have kissed her had she been with an attendant?
9. What does Damerel tell Venetia about his relationship with Lady Sofia in Chapter 6?
10. How do Oswald and Yardley each view Damerel in relation to Venetia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of jealousy in the novel "Venetia." What are some examples of jealousy? What is Oswald jealous of? Is Damerel ever jealous of Venetia's other suitors? What do these feelings tell the reader about the feelings of these characters? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of separation in the novel "Venetia." How does the separation between Venetia and Damerel during Venetia's trip to London affect each of them? Why does Damerel encourage Venetia to go to London and how does this make her feel? What does Venetia spend her time doing while she is away from Damerel? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of marriage in the novel "Venetia." Why is marriage so important to the characters of the novel? How is marriage portrayed in the novel? How is marriage a hurdle for Venetia? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)