|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
2. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
3. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
4. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
5. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Aubrey unhappy to see Yardley and Oswald ride up to the manor in Chapter 1?
2. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
3. Why does Venetia hesitate to go looking for Aubrey when he doesn't return home in Chapter 4?
4. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
5. What vexes Yardley at the end of Chapter 1?
6. What does Oswald see when he enters the barn at Undershaw?
7. What dismays Lady Denny in Chapter 3?
8. How do Oswald and Yardley each view Damerel in relation to Venetia?
9. What does Venetia tell Damerel he is the first to perceive in Chapter 7?
10. Before meeting him, what does Yardley decide he must let Damerel know? What ruins his intention?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of the novel, Georgette Heyer. Is she a respected novelist? What has she achieved throughout her career? What types of novels does she write? Are there similarities between "Venetia" and her other novels?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. What happens at the end of the novel? Is it expected? Are you satisfied with the ending? Are there any unanswered questions?
Essay Topic 3
What are the different social classes in Regency England? What social class is Venetia a part of? How does Heyer illustrate the social divide during this time period? How are the actions of the principle and secondary characters influenced by their social classes?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)