|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
2. Who does Venetia tell about her encounter with Lord Damerel ?
3. In what manner do Damerel and Venetia speak to each other in Chapter 2?
4. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
5. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Oswald and Yardley each view Damerel in relation to Venetia?
2. What does Venetia decide to do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. How does Mrs. Hendred convince Venetia to go out on the town with her and Yardley? Where do they go?
4. What does Philip discuss with Damerel and Venetia in Chapter 21?
5. How does Venetia react when she finds out that the woman at the theater is her mother?
6. Before meeting him, what does Yardley decide he must let Damerel know? What ruins his intention?
7. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3? Who helps him?
8. What does Sir John and Lady Denny do after they hear that Oswald challenged Damerel to a duel?
9. Why does Venetia go in search of a hotel at the beginning of Chapter 19?
10. Why does Yardley finally lose interest in Venetia in Chapter 19?
Essay Topic 1
What are some romance novel archetypes in the novel "Venetia"? What type of hero is Damerel? What type of heroine is Venetia? Give examples from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
What is the genre of the novel "Venetia"? Discuss this genre and some common elements of the genre. What are some other novels of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
What are the different social classes in Regency England? What social class is Venetia a part of? How does Heyer illustrate the social divide during this time period? How are the actions of the principle and secondary characters influenced by their social classes?
This section contains 1,577 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)