|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
2. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
3. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
4. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
5. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Damerel kiss Venetia in Chapter 9?
2. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
3. What are Aubrey and Venetia shocked to find out upon returning to Undershaw in Chapter 10?
4. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
5. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
6. What does Venetia think Damerel means when he says he would not have kissed her had she been with an attendant?
7. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
8. What does Venetia tell Damerel he is the first to perceive in Chapter 7?
9. What does Philip discuss with Damerel and Venetia in Chapter 21?
10. How does Mrs. Hendred convince Venetia to go out on the town with her and Yardley? Where do they go?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Venetia Lanyon. What are her strengths and weaknesses? What are her defining character traits? Make sure you define the role of the protagonist in writing and support your statements about her traits with specific examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the dialogue used in the novel "Venetia." What are some terms or phrases that are not used today, but would have been used during the early 19th century? How do the characters speak to one another? How does the dialogue show the social classes of the characters? Strengthen your position by using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in the novel "Venetia." What are the main conflicts of the novel? How do these conflicts affect the plot and characters of the novel? How do they affect the reader's enjoyment of the novel?
This section contains 1,584 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)