Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
2. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
3. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
4. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
5. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Damerel kiss Venetia in Chapter 9?
2. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
3. What are Aubrey and Venetia shocked to find out upon returning to Undershaw in Chapter 10?
4. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
5. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
6. What does Venetia think Damerel means when he says he would not have kissed her had she been with an attendant?
7. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
8. What does Venetia tell Damerel he is the first to perceive in Chapter 7?
9. What does Philip discuss with Damerel and Venetia in Chapter 21?
10. How does Mrs. Hendred convince Venetia to go out on the town with her and Yardley? Where do they go?
Analyze and interpret Heyer's use of irony in the novel "Venetia." What are the three types of irony? What are some examples of irony in the novel? Why might Heyer have chosen to use irony when she does? Quote the text to strengthen your arguments.
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Venetia." Who are the members of Venetia's family? Does Venetia have good relationships with her family? Discuss the relationship between Venetia and her brother, Aubrey. How does Venetia's family help and/or hinder her relationship with Damerel. Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
What is the genre of the novel "Venetia"? Discuss this genre and some common elements of the genre. What are some other novels of this genre?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)