|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Aubrey have?
2. How does Venetia feel when she awakes in Chapter 5?
3. What does Oswald hear as he wanders around Undershaw?
4. What does Venetia intend to make with what she picks in Chapter 2?
5. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before meeting him, what does Yardley decide he must let Damerel know? What ruins his intention?
2. What does Damerel tell Venetia about his relationship with Lady Sofia in Chapter 6?
3. What does Venetia plan to do with her inheritance? Why does she stay at her brother's estate?
4. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3? Who helps him?
5. What does Venetia decide to do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
6. What reasons does Venetia give Oswald for refusing to marry him?
7. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
8. What dismays Lady Denny in Chapter 3?
9. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
10. How do Oswald and Yardley each view Damerel in relation to Venetia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. What happens at the end of the novel? Is it expected? Are you satisfied with the ending? Are there any unanswered questions?
Essay Topic 2
What is the genre of the novel "Venetia"? Discuss this genre and some common elements of the genre. What are some other novels of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of separation in the novel "Venetia." How does the separation between Venetia and Damerel during Venetia's trip to London affect each of them? Why does Damerel encourage Venetia to go to London and how does this make her feel? What does Venetia spend her time doing while she is away from Damerel? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)