Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
2. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
3. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
4. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
5. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Damerel kiss Venetia in Chapter 9?
2. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
3. What are Aubrey and Venetia shocked to find out upon returning to Undershaw in Chapter 10?
4. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
5. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
6. What does Venetia think Damerel means when he says he would not have kissed her had she been with an attendant?
7. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
8. What does Venetia tell Damerel he is the first to perceive in Chapter 7?
9. What does Philip discuss with Damerel and Venetia in Chapter 21?
10. How does Mrs. Hendred convince Venetia to go out on the town with her and Yardley? Where do they go?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of jealousy in the novel "Venetia." What are some examples of jealousy? What is Oswald jealous of? Is Damerel ever jealous of Venetia's other suitors? What do these feelings tell the reader about the feelings of these characters? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Venetia Lanyon. What are her strengths and weaknesses? What are her defining character traits? Make sure you define the role of the protagonist in writing and support your statements about her traits with specific examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. What happens at the end of the novel? Is it expected? Are you satisfied with the ending? Are there any unanswered questions?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)