|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Priddy once tell Venetia about her mother?
2. What does Venetia get tangled in during Chapter 2?
3. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
4. What does Venetia decide to pick in Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of Venetia's family estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Damerel tell Venetia about his relationship with Lady Sofia in Chapter 6?
2. What does Oswald decide when he is escorted into the room where Aubrey is in Chapter 8?
3. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3? Who helps him?
4. What does Venetia tell Damerel he is the first to perceive in Chapter 7?
5. What does Venetia think Damerel means when he says he would not have kissed her had she been with an attendant?
6. How do Oswald and Yardley each view Damerel in relation to Venetia?
7. How does Venetia feel about her deceased father?
8. Why is Venetia happy when she wakes in Chapter 5?
9. What vexes Yardley at the end of Chapter 1?
10. Why does Venetia hesitate to go looking for Aubrey when he doesn't return home in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Venetia and Damerel. How do they feel about one another when they first meet? How do their feelings progress as the novel progresses? What conflicts and obstacles do these characters face? How do they overcome these obstacles? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Venetia Lanyon. What are her strengths and weaknesses? What are her defining character traits? Make sure you define the role of the protagonist in writing and support your statements about her traits with specific examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Venetia." Who are the members of Venetia's family? Does Venetia have good relationships with her family? Discuss the relationship between Venetia and her brother, Aubrey. How does Venetia's family help and/or hinder her relationship with Damerel. Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)