|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
2. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
3. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
4. Who is Aubrey?
5. What does Venetia intend to make with what she picks in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dismays Lady Denny in Chapter 3?
2. How does Venetia feel about her deceased father?
3. What does Yardley fuss over Aubrey for in Chapter 5?
4. Why is Aubrey unhappy to see Yardley and Oswald ride up to the manor in Chapter 1?
5. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
6. Why is Venetia happy when she wakes in Chapter 5?
7. What does Venetia ask Damerel advice for in Chapter 20?
8. Why does Venetia's uncle visit her in Chapter 15?
9. In Chapter 7, what does Damerel reveal is the real reason he returned to the Priory?
10. What does Venetia plan to do with her inheritance? Why does she stay at her brother's estate?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the setting affect the plot and the characters? How does Heyer create a realistic portrayal of Regency England?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the examples of love and romance in the novel "Venetia." What are some examples? Is Venetia a romantic character? Why or why not? Is Damerel a romantic character? How does Heyer infuse romance into the plot? Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
What is the genre of the novel "Venetia"? Discuss this genre and some common elements of the genre. What are some other novels of this genre?
This section contains 1,480 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)