|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel manage to do after just a few moments in Chapter 12?
(a) Offend Charlotte.
(b) Figure out Charlotte is sick.
(c) Frighten Charlotte.
(d) Bring Charlotte out of her shell.
2. Who is Marston?
(a) The vicar.
(b) Oswald's friend.
(c) A squire.
(d) Damerel's servant.
3. What prompts Aubrey to change his behavior towards Mrs. Scorrier in Chapter 14?
(a) Damerel tells Aubrey that he is making things hard on Venetia.
(b) Damerel tells Aubrey that Mrs. Scorrier is deformed too.
(c) Damerel tells Aubrey that Mrs. Scorrier praised him for his intelligence.
(d) Damerel tells Aubrey that Mrs. Scorrier has a large fortune.
4. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
(a) The weather.
(b) Venetia wearing current fashions.
(c) Missing the mail.
(d) Making Venetia a good marriage match.
5. What does Venetia try to come up with a plan to do in Chapter 18?
(a) Feign illness.
(b) Get Conway to return to Undershaw.
(c) Move permanently to London.
(d) Win Damerel back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Aubrey's dog that scares Charlotte in Chapter 14?
2. What does Lady Steeple learn about Venetia that she finds horrible?
3. What does Venetia hope for while walking with Sir Lambert down the street in Chapter 19?
4. Who does Venetia receive a lengthy letter from in Chapter 13?
5. According to Mrs. Hendred, why must Venetia not meet with the striking woman in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte react to a visit from Damerel in Chapter 12?
2. What disagreement arises because of Aubrey's dog, Bess, in Chapter 14?
3. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
4. Why does Venetia go in search of a hotel at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. How does Venetia react when she finds out that the woman at the theater is her mother?
6. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 15?
7. What happens while Venetia, Yardley and Mrs. Hendred attend the theater?
8. How does the arrival of Mrs. Scorrier affect the running of Undershaw?
9. What does Venetia talk to her mother about when she meets her for the first time?
10. Why does Venetia need to find a new place for Aubrey? What solution does she find?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)