|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
(a) Stay in London.
(b) Keep a horse.
(c) Attend a ball.
(d) Learn how to play violin.
2. What does Damerel manage to do after just a few moments in Chapter 12?
(a) Bring Charlotte out of her shell.
(b) Offend Charlotte.
(c) Figure out Charlotte is sick.
(d) Frighten Charlotte.
3. What does Sir Lambert apologize to Venetia for in Chapter 19?
(a) Kicking Venetia out of Lady Steeple's room.
(b) Implying that Venetia was after his money.
(c) Stealing her mother away.
(d) Saying that Lady Steeple was prettier than Venetia.
4. Where does Damerel suggest Aubrey go in Chapter 13?
(a) A hospital.
(b) To stay with family in Londin.
(c) Damerel's house.
(d) A monastery.
5. How is the restaurant that Yardley takes Mrs. Hendred and Venetia to in Chapter 18 described?
(a) As shabby.
(b) As modern.
(c) As rustic.
(d) As fancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Venetia spot a striking woman accompanied by a man who looks like the Prince Regent?
2. How does Venetia react to Mrs. Scorrier's attempt to make amends?
3. What does Venetia realize about Damerel's feelings in Chapter 17?
4. What does Lady Steeple tell Venetia that she never wanted in Chapter 19?
5. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Venetia enjoying her London trip?
2. Why does Oswald intercept Damerel on his way home in Chapter 9?
3. What conflict is Venetia burdened with in Chapter 14?
4. Why does Venetia's uncle visit her in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Venetia need to find a new place for Aubrey? What solution does she find?
6. Why does Yardley finally lose interest in Venetia in Chapter 19?
7. Why doesn't Damerel kiss Venetia in Chapter 9?
8. How does Mrs. Hendred try to meddle in Venetia's affairs?
9. What does Sir John and Lady Denny do after they hear that Oswald challenged Damerel to a duel?
10. How does Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte react to a visit from Damerel in Chapter 12?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)