|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
(a) Trip over a rake.
(b) Slap Venetia.
(d) Kisses Venetia.
2. What does Venetia tell her aunt at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) That she is going home.
(b) That her mother invited Venetia to live with her.
(c) That she forgave her father.
(d) That she is already married.
3. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
(a) To take her inheritance and go to London.
(b) That it would make him happy if she married Damerel.
(c) That she should encourage Yardley's affections.
(d) That he would be surprised if she ever got married.
4. How does Mrs. Hendred react when she sees the striking woman in Chapter 18?
(a) She gasps.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She gets excited.
(d) She becomes upset.
5. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
(a) She doesn't want people to think she chased Venetia out of her home.
(b) She genuinely likes Venetia.
(c) She realizes Venetia will marry a powerful man.
(d) She wants Venetia to return to run the estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Hendred, why must Venetia not meet with the striking woman in Chapter 18?
2. Why does Yardley go to London?
3. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
4. How does Venetia feel when she is busy in Chapter 16?
5. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Venetia talk to her mother about when she meets her for the first time?
2. How does Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte react to a visit from Damerel in Chapter 12?
3. Why does Oswald intercept Damerel on his way home in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 15?
5. What happens while Venetia, Yardley and Mrs. Hendred attend the theater?
6. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
7. Why isn't Venetia enjoying her London trip?
8. Why does Venetia need to find a new place for Aubrey? What solution does she find?
9. How does Damerel react when Venetia tells him that she intends to set up house for herself in Chapter 13?
10. How does the arrival of Mrs. Scorrier affect the running of Undershaw?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)