|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
(a) Being away from London.
(b) Oswald's father.
(c) Damerel's actions with Venetia.
(d) Venetia's flirtatiousness.
2. Why does Mrs. Scorrier stop interfering in Aubrey's affairs after awhile?
(a) Venetia says Conway would want Venetia herself to handle Aubrey's affairs.
(b) Charlotte threatens to send Mrs. Scorrier away if she doesn't stop.
(c) Aubrey threatens Mrs. Scorrier angrily.
(d) Mrs. Scorrier can see Aubrey doesn't need her opinions.
3. Who is the striking woman who Venetia saw in Chapter 18?
(a) A duchess.
(b) A famous actress.
(c) Venetia's mother.
(d) Damerel's former lover.
4. What causes Venetia to feel depressed in Chapter 16?
(a) A letter from Mrs. Denny.
(b) Thinking of Damerel.
(c) The sudden appearance of Yardley.
(d) Having no female friends her own age.
5. Who do Venetia and Sir Lambert encounter on the walk home in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Steeple breakdown in front of Venetia in Chapter 19?
2. How does Mrs. Hendred react when she sees the striking woman in Chapter 18?
3. What is the name of Aubrey's dog that scares Charlotte in Chapter 14?
4. How does Aubrey respond when Mrs. Scorrier picks fights with him?
5. What does Mrs. Hendred think will change Venetia's mind about Yardley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 15?
2. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
3. What conflict is Venetia burdened with in Chapter 14?
4. Why isn't Venetia enjoying her London trip?
5. How does Damerel react when Venetia tells him that she intends to set up house for herself in Chapter 13?
6. How does Venetia react when she finds out that the woman at the theater is her mother?
7. How does Mrs. Hendred convince Venetia to go out on the town with her and Yardley? Where do they go?
8. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
9. Why does Oswald intercept Damerel on his way home in Chapter 9?
10. Why does Venetia's uncle visit her in Chapter 15?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)