|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia realize about Damerel's feelings in Chapter 17?
(a) That he is still in love with Lady Sophia.
(b) That she mistook his proposal as teasing.
(c) That he gave her up for the sake of a scruple.
(d) That he was never interested in her romantically.
2. What does Philip inform Mrs. Scorrier of in Chapter 15?
(a) That the family fortune is gone.
(b) That Conway has a gambling problem.
(c) That Charlotte has no legal rights at Undershaw.
(d) That a portion of the estate land is to be sold.
3. How does Venetia react to Mrs. Scorrier's attempt to make amends?
(a) She makes short replies.
(b) She smiles sweetly.
(c) She hugs Mrs. Scorrier.
(d) She rolls her eyes.
4. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
(a) Report him to the authorities.
(b) Have Damerel challenge him to a duel.
(c) Break off their engagement.
(d) Tell his father what he did.
5. What does Lady Steeple learn about Venetia that she finds horrible?
(a) That her father is dead.
(b) That she lived in isolation.
(c) That she was kicked out of her home.
(d) That she isn't married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia hope for while walking with Sir Lambert down the street in Chapter 19?
2. Why did Conway send Mrs. Scorrier to Undershaw?
3. According to Mrs. Scorrier, what does Charlotte have a horror of?
4. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
5. Why does Mrs. Priddy dote on Charlotte?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)