|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Venetia, what does she have a time limit to do in Chapter 18?
(a) Find a husband.
(b) Meet her mother.
(c) Come up with a plan.
(d) Raise money.
2. How does Mrs. Hendred react to the restaurant in Chapter 18?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is disgusted.
3. Who is Sir Lambert?
(a) An acquaintance of Venetia's uncle.
(b) Venetia's latest suitor.
(c) A politician.
(d) Lady Steeple's husband.
4. Why does Aubrey's dog begin to bark in Chapter 14?
(a) Someone is lurking outside the window.
(b) Mrs. Scorrier hit the dog.
(c) Charlotte goes into labor.
(d) Aubrey shouts at Mrs. Scorrier.
5. What does Venetia realize about Damerel's feelings in Chapter 17?
(a) That he was never interested in her romantically.
(b) That he gave her up for the sake of a scruple.
(c) That she mistook his proposal as teasing.
(d) That he is still in love with Lady Sophia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hendred react when she sees the striking woman in Chapter 18?
2. Who do Venetia and Sir Lambert encounter on the walk home in Chapter 19?
3. Where does Venetia spot a striking woman accompanied by a man who looks like the Prince Regent?
4. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
5. How is the restaurant that Yardley takes Mrs. Hendred and Venetia to in Chapter 18 described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Aubrey and Venetia shocked to find out upon returning to Undershaw in Chapter 10?
2. Why does Venetia go in search of a hotel at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. How does Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte react to a visit from Damerel in Chapter 12?
4. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
5. What conflict is Venetia burdened with in Chapter 14?
6. What does Venetia talk to her mother about when she meets her for the first time?
7. How does Damerel react when Venetia tells him that she intends to set up house for herself in Chapter 13?
8. Why does Venetia's uncle visit her in Chapter 15?
9. Why doesn't Damerel kiss Venetia in Chapter 9?
10. What disagreement arises because of Aubrey's dog, Bess, in Chapter 14?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)