|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts Aubrey to change his behavior towards Mrs. Scorrier in Chapter 14?
(a) Damerel tells Aubrey that Mrs. Scorrier praised him for his intelligence.
(b) Damerel tells Aubrey that he is making things hard on Venetia.
(c) Damerel tells Aubrey that Mrs. Scorrier has a large fortune.
(d) Damerel tells Aubrey that Mrs. Scorrier is deformed too.
2. What do the dog that angers Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte have in common?
(a) They are both pregnant.
(b) They both like to eat carrots.
(c) They are both blue-eyed.
(d) They are both named after royalty.
3. What does Venetia hope for while walking with Sir Lambert down the street in Chapter 19?
(a) That someone will still want to marry her.
(b) That someone will mistake them for a couple.
(c) That someone will rescue her.
(d) That someone will gossip about them.
4. Why does Yardley go to London?
(a) To meet a friend on business.
(b) For a doctor's appointment.
(c) For a political rally.
(d) To shop for new suits.
5. How does Aubrey respond when Mrs. Scorrier picks fights with him?
(a) He is more than happy to fight back.
(b) He politely agrees with her.
(c) He storms out of the house.
(d) He retreats to his bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hendred react to the restaurant in Chapter 18?
2. Where does Mrs. Scorrier wish to have all of Aubrey's dogs kept?
3. Who do Venetia and Sir Lambert encounter on the walk home in Chapter 19?
4. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
5. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hendred try to meddle in Venetia's affairs?
2. What does Mrs. Hendred confess to Venetia at the end of Chapter 17 and how does Venetia react?
3. What are Aubrey and Venetia shocked to find out upon returning to Undershaw in Chapter 10?
4. What happens while Venetia, Yardley and Mrs. Hendred attend the theater?
5. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
6. Why does Oswald intercept Damerel on his way home in Chapter 9?
7. Why has Yardley come to London? What does Mrs. Hendred think of Yardley?
8. What disagreement arises because of Aubrey's dog, Bess, in Chapter 14?
9. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
10. Why isn't Venetia enjoying her London trip?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)