|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
(a) Oswald's father.
(b) Damerel's actions with Venetia.
(c) Venetia's flirtatiousness.
(d) Being away from London.
2. Where does Damerel suggest Aubrey go in Chapter 13?
(a) A monastery.
(b) A hospital.
(c) Damerel's house.
(d) To stay with family in Londin.
3. What does the striking woman that Venetia sees in Chapter 18 do to Venetia?
(a) She frowns.
(b) She blushes.
(c) She grins.
(d) She waves at her.
4. Why is Venetia unable to sleep during her London trip in Chapter 16?
(a) There is a thunderstorm.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She can't stop thinking of Damerel.
(d) Her uncle snores loudly.
5. Why does Mrs. Priddy dote on Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte is pretty.
(b) Charlotte is pregnant.
(c) Charlotte and Mrs. Priddy are related.
(d) Charlotte reminds Mrs. Priddy of her dead daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hendred think will change Venetia's mind about Yardley?
2. What does Mrs. Hendred think about Yardley as possible husband for Venetia?
3. What does Venetia realize about Damerel's feelings in Chapter 17?
4. How is Venetia dressed at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. What does Venetia finally agree with Mrs. Hendred about in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disagreement arises because of Aubrey's dog, Bess, in Chapter 14?
2. What happens while Venetia, Yardley and Mrs. Hendred attend the theater?
3. What are Aubrey and Venetia shocked to find out upon returning to Undershaw in Chapter 10?
4. What does Sir John and Lady Denny do after they hear that Oswald challenged Damerel to a duel?
5. How does Venetia react when she finds out that the woman at the theater is her mother?
6. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
7. Why does Oswald intercept Damerel on his way home in Chapter 9?
8. How does Mrs. Hendred try to meddle in Venetia's affairs?
9. How does Mrs. Hendred convince Venetia to go out on the town with her and Yardley? Where do they go?
10. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 15?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)