|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
(b) An apology.
(c) A promise.
(d) A duel.
2. How does Venetia react to Mrs. Scorrier's attempt to make amends?
(a) She rolls her eyes.
(b) She smiles sweetly.
(c) She makes short replies.
(d) She hugs Mrs. Scorrier.
3. What does the striking woman that Venetia sees in Chapter 18 do to Venetia?
(a) She waves at her.
(b) She grins.
(c) She frowns.
(d) She blushes.
4. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
(a) Tell his father what he did.
(b) Break off their engagement.
(c) Have Damerel challenge him to a duel.
(d) Report him to the authorities.
5. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
(a) Kisses Venetia.
(c) Trip over a rake.
(d) Slap Venetia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Venetia feel when she is busy in Chapter 16?
2. How is Venetia dressed at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. Why does Mrs. Priddy dote on Charlotte?
4. Why does Mrs. Scorrier stop interfering in Aubrey's affairs after awhile?
5. What does Damerel manage to do after just a few moments in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Yardley come to London? What does Mrs. Hendred think of Yardley?
2. How does Mrs. Hendred try to meddle in Venetia's affairs?
3. Why isn't Venetia enjoying her London trip?
4. Why does Oswald intercept Damerel on his way home in Chapter 9?
5. What does Venetia talk to her mother about when she meets her for the first time?
6. Why does Venetia go in search of a hotel at the beginning of Chapter 19?
7. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
8. Why does Venetia's uncle visit her in Chapter 15?
9. How does Damerel react when Venetia tells him that she intends to set up house for herself in Chapter 13?
10. What happens while Venetia, Yardley and Mrs. Hendred attend the theater?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)