|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Venetia, what does she have a time limit to do in Chapter 18?
(a) Come up with a plan.
(b) Raise money.
(c) Find a husband.
(d) Meet her mother.
2. Why does Mrs. Priddy dote on Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte and Mrs. Priddy are related.
(b) Charlotte reminds Mrs. Priddy of her dead daughter.
(c) Charlotte is pretty.
(d) Charlotte is pregnant.
3. Who does Venetia receive a lengthy letter from in Chapter 13?
(c) Her aunt.
4. What does Venetia set out to find on the morning after she finds out about her mother?
(a) Her mother's hotel.
(b) Her brother's barracks.
(c) Her birth certificate.
(d) Her father's grave site.
5. What does Mrs. Hendred think will change Venetia's mind about Yardley?
(a) A show of money.
(b) A show of ambition.
(c) A show of sensitivity.
(d) A show of intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
2. How does Mrs. Hendred react when she sees the striking woman in Chapter 18?
3. What causes Venetia to feel depressed in Chapter 16?
4. What prompts Aubrey to change his behavior towards Mrs. Scorrier in Chapter 14?
5. What is the name of Aubrey's dog that scares Charlotte in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Venetia go in search of a hotel at the beginning of Chapter 19?
2. How does Damerel react when Venetia tells him that she intends to set up house for herself in Chapter 13?
3. What does Mrs. Hendred confess to Venetia at the end of Chapter 17 and how does Venetia react?
4. Why does Venetia need to find a new place for Aubrey? What solution does she find?
5. Why does Yardley finally lose interest in Venetia in Chapter 19?
6. How does the arrival of Mrs. Scorrier affect the running of Undershaw?
7. How does Mrs. Hendred try to meddle in Venetia's affairs?
8. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
9. How does Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte react to a visit from Damerel in Chapter 12?
10. Why has Yardley come to London? What does Mrs. Hendred think of Yardley?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)