|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hendred think will change Venetia's mind about Yardley?
(a) A show of sensitivity.
(b) A show of money.
(c) A show of ambition.
(d) A show of intelligence.
2. What does Venetia hope for while walking with Sir Lambert down the street in Chapter 19?
(a) That someone will still want to marry her.
(b) That someone will rescue her.
(c) That someone will gossip about them.
(d) That someone will mistake them for a couple.
3. What does Venetia set out to find on the morning after she finds out about her mother?
(a) Her birth certificate.
(b) Her father's grave site.
(c) Her brother's barracks.
(d) Her mother's hotel.
4. Where do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald?
(a) On a holiday to France.
(b) To stay with his Uncle.
(c) To a university.
(d) To a monastery.
5. What is the name of the striking woman who Venetia sees in Chapter 18?
(a) Lady Susan.
(b) Lady Saunders.
(c) Lady Sophia.
(d) Lady Steeple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia finally agree with Mrs. Hendred about in Chapter 18?
2. Where does Damerel take Aubrey in Chapter 10?
3. How is Sir Lambert described?
4. What does Lady Steeple learn about Venetia that she finds horrible?
5. Where does Damerel suggest Aubrey go in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte react to a visit from Damerel in Chapter 12?
2. What happens while Venetia, Yardley and Mrs. Hendred attend the theater?
3. What disagreement arises because of Aubrey's dog, Bess, in Chapter 14?
4. How does the arrival of Mrs. Scorrier affect the running of Undershaw?
5. Why doesn't Damerel kiss Venetia in Chapter 9?
6. Why does Oswald intercept Damerel on his way home in Chapter 9?
7. Why does Venetia need to find a new place for Aubrey? What solution does she find?
8. What does Mrs. Hendred confess to Venetia at the end of Chapter 17 and how does Venetia react?
9. How does Damerel react when Venetia tells him that she intends to set up house for herself in Chapter 13?
10. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)