|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Scorrier stop interfering in Aubrey's affairs after awhile?
(a) Venetia says Conway would want Venetia herself to handle Aubrey's affairs.
(b) Mrs. Scorrier can see Aubrey doesn't need her opinions.
(c) Aubrey threatens Mrs. Scorrier angrily.
(d) Charlotte threatens to send Mrs. Scorrier away if she doesn't stop.
2. Why does Venetia's uncle come to Undershaw in Chapter 15?
(a) To invite Venetia to go to London.
(b) To take Aubrey to college.
(c) To survey the Undershaw grounds.
(d) To announce a death in the family.
3. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) How to apologize to Yardley.
(b) How to find Conway.
(c) How to outsmart her aunt.
(d) How to get Damerel back.
4. According to Mrs. Hendred, why must Venetia not meet with the striking woman in Chapter 18?
(a) It will only cause heart break.
(b) It would upset Damerel.
(c) It will ruin her reputation.
(d) It could be dangerous.
5. How does Mrs. Hendred react to the restaurant in Chapter 18?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is amused.
(c) She is impressed.
(d) She is disgusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
2. Why is Venetia unable to sleep during her London trip in Chapter 16?
3. What do the dog that angers Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte have in common?
4. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
5. According to Venetia, what does she have a time limit to do in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte react to a visit from Damerel in Chapter 12?
2. Why isn't Venetia enjoying her London trip?
3. Why does Venetia need to find a new place for Aubrey? What solution does she find?
4. What does Venetia talk to her mother about when she meets her for the first time?
5. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
6. How does Damerel react when Venetia tells him that she intends to set up house for herself in Chapter 13?
7. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 15?
8. How does Mrs. Hendred convince Venetia to go out on the town with her and Yardley? Where do they go?
9. Why doesn't Damerel kiss Venetia in Chapter 9?
10. Why does Oswald intercept Damerel on his way home in Chapter 9?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)