|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
(a) Venetia wearing current fashions.
(b) The weather.
(c) Making Venetia a good marriage match.
(d) Missing the mail.
2. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
(a) That she gossips.
(b) That she cannot dance.
(c) That she lacks table manners.
(d) That she goes out without attendants.
3. Where does Damerel suggest Aubrey go in Chapter 13?
(a) To stay with family in Londin.
(b) Damerel's house.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A monastery.
4. What does Mrs. Scorrier demand of Venetia in Chapter 13?
(a) To pick and marry a suitor.
(b) To treat Charlotte like a sister.
(c) To stop Damerel's visits to Undershaw.
(d) To stop handling the estate finances.
5. Where does Mrs. Scorrier wish to have all of Aubrey's dogs kept?
(a) In his room.
(b) In a pen.
(c) In the barn.
(d) On the terrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venetia visit a neighbor in Chapter 15?
2. How does Mrs. Hendred react to the restaurant in Chapter 18?
3. According to Venetia, what does she have a time limit to do in Chapter 18?
4. What does Sir Lambert apologize to Venetia for in Chapter 19?
5. What is the name of Aubrey's dog that scares Charlotte in Chapter 14?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)