|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Conway's new wife?
2. What is the name of the striking woman who Venetia sees in Chapter 18?
(a) Lady Susan.
(b) Lady Saunders.
(c) Lady Steeple.
(d) Lady Sophia.
3. What does Lady Denny worry about once she realizes that Venetia loves Damerel?
(a) That they might marry.
(b) That Conway will disown her.
(c) That Venetia will run away to be with him.
(d) That Venetia will lose her inheritance.
4. What does Philip inform Mrs. Scorrier of in Chapter 15?
(a) That Charlotte has no legal rights at Undershaw.
(b) That Conway has a gambling problem.
(c) That a portion of the estate land is to be sold.
(d) That the family fortune is gone.
5. Why is Venetia unable to sleep during her London trip in Chapter 16?
(a) There is a thunderstorm.
(b) Her uncle snores loudly.
(c) She can't stop thinking of Damerel.
(d) She is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
2. Where does Venetia spot a striking woman accompanied by a man who looks like the Prince Regent?
3. Where do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald?
4. Who does Venetia receive a lengthy letter from in Chapter 13?
5. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)