|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the servants do when Mrs. Scorrier asks them to do anything?
(a) Check with Venetia first.
(b) Do the opposite.
(c) Check for Charlotte's approval.
(d) Laugh in her face.
2. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
(a) She genuinely likes Venetia.
(b) She realizes Venetia will marry a powerful man.
(c) She doesn't want people to think she chased Venetia out of her home.
(d) She wants Venetia to return to run the estate.
3. What does Philip inform Mrs. Scorrier of in Chapter 15?
(a) That Conway has a gambling problem.
(b) That a portion of the estate land is to be sold.
(c) That Charlotte has no legal rights at Undershaw.
(d) That the family fortune is gone.
4. According to Venetia, what does she have a time limit to do in Chapter 18?
(a) Find a husband.
(b) Meet her mother.
(c) Come up with a plan.
(d) Raise money.
5. What is the name of the striking woman who Venetia sees in Chapter 18?
(a) Lady Steeple.
(b) Lady Sophia.
(c) Lady Saunders.
(d) Lady Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
2. How is Sir Lambert described?
3. Why does Yardley go to London?
4. Who does Venetia receive a brief note from in Chapter 13?
5. According to Mrs. Hendred, why must Venetia not meet with the striking woman in Chapter 18?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)