|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Venetia feel when she is busy in Chapter 16?
(a) Almost content.
(d) Like she is wasting her time.
2. Who do Venetia and Sir Lambert encounter on the walk home in Chapter 19?
3. Why does Mrs. Scorrier stop interfering in Aubrey's affairs after awhile?
(a) Charlotte threatens to send Mrs. Scorrier away if she doesn't stop.
(b) Venetia says Conway would want Venetia herself to handle Aubrey's affairs.
(c) Aubrey threatens Mrs. Scorrier angrily.
(d) Mrs. Scorrier can see Aubrey doesn't need her opinions.
4. Who does Venetia receive a brief note from in Chapter 13?
5. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) How to outsmart her aunt.
(b) How to apologize to Yardley.
(c) How to find Conway.
(d) How to get Damerel back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip inform Mrs. Scorrier of in Chapter 15?
2. What does Damerel manage to do after just a few moments in Chapter 12?
3. What does Mrs. Hendred think will change Venetia's mind about Yardley?
4. Where does Damerel suggest Aubrey go in Chapter 13?
5. How does Mrs. Hendred react to the restaurant in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Venetia react when she finds out that the woman at the theater is her mother?
2. What happens while Venetia, Yardley and Mrs. Hendred attend the theater?
3. What disagreement arises because of Aubrey's dog, Bess, in Chapter 14?
4. Why does Venetia need to find a new place for Aubrey? What solution does she find?
5. Why does Venetia's uncle visit her in Chapter 15?
6. Why does Yardley finally lose interest in Venetia in Chapter 19?
7. How does Mrs. Hendred try to meddle in Venetia's affairs?
8. What conflict is Venetia burdened with in Chapter 14?
9. Why isn't Venetia enjoying her London trip?
10. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 15?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)