|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Scorrier demand of Venetia in Chapter 13?
(a) To stop Damerel's visits to Undershaw.
(b) To pick and marry a suitor.
(c) To treat Charlotte like a sister.
(d) To stop handling the estate finances.
2. Who does Venetia receive a lengthy letter from in Chapter 13?
(d) Her aunt.
3. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
(a) Attend a ball.
(b) Keep a horse.
(c) Learn how to play violin.
(d) Stay in London.
4. Where does Damerel suggest Aubrey go in Chapter 13?
(a) Damerel's house.
(b) To stay with family in Londin.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A monastery.
5. What does Venetia try to come up with a plan to do in Chapter 18?
(a) Get Conway to return to Undershaw.
(b) Feign illness.
(c) Move permanently to London.
(d) Win Damerel back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Venetia dressed at the beginning of Chapter 19?
2. What does Venetia tell her aunt at the end of Chapter 19?
3. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
4. What do Venetia and Lady Steeple talk about when they meet for the first time?
5. Who does Venetia receive a brief note from in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yardley finally lose interest in Venetia in Chapter 19?
2. Why has Yardley come to London? What does Mrs. Hendred think of Yardley?
3. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 15?
4. What are Aubrey and Venetia shocked to find out upon returning to Undershaw in Chapter 10?
5. What happens while Venetia, Yardley and Mrs. Hendred attend the theater?
6. How does the arrival of Mrs. Scorrier affect the running of Undershaw?
7. How does Mrs. Hendred try to meddle in Venetia's affairs?
8. Why does Venetia's uncle visit her in Chapter 15?
9. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
10. Why does Venetia go in search of a hotel at the beginning of Chapter 19?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)