|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Venetia receive a lengthy letter from in Chapter 13?
(b) Her aunt.
2. Where does Damerel take Aubrey in Chapter 10?
3. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
(a) Report him to the authorities.
(b) Break off their engagement.
(c) Have Damerel challenge him to a duel.
(d) Tell his father what he did.
4. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
(a) To buy supplies in the village.
(b) To the Priory.
(c) To say goodbye to Aubrey.
(d) To her room.
5. What does Sir Lambert apologize to Venetia for in Chapter 19?
(a) Stealing her mother away.
(b) Kicking Venetia out of Lady Steeple's room.
(c) Saying that Lady Steeple was prettier than Venetia.
(d) Implying that Venetia was after his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hendred think about Yardley as possible husband for Venetia?
2. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
3. What prompts Aubrey to change his behavior towards Mrs. Scorrier in Chapter 14?
4. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
5. What does Venetia tell her aunt at the end of Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Venetia enjoying her London trip?
2. How does Venetia react when she finds out that the woman at the theater is her mother?
3. What happens while Venetia, Yardley and Mrs. Hendred attend the theater?
4. What disagreement arises because of Aubrey's dog, Bess, in Chapter 14?
5. Why has Yardley come to London? What does Mrs. Hendred think of Yardley?
6. Why doesn't Damerel kiss Venetia in Chapter 9?
7. How does Mrs. Hendred try to meddle in Venetia's affairs?
8. What does Mrs. Hendred confess to Venetia at the end of Chapter 17 and how does Venetia react?
9. What does Sir John and Lady Denny do after they hear that Oswald challenged Damerel to a duel?
10. How does Damerel react when Venetia tells him that she intends to set up house for herself in Chapter 13?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)