|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aubrey's dog begin to bark in Chapter 14?
(a) Someone is lurking outside the window.
(b) Mrs. Scorrier hit the dog.
(c) Aubrey shouts at Mrs. Scorrier.
(d) Charlotte goes into labor.
2. What does Venetia hope for while walking with Sir Lambert down the street in Chapter 19?
(a) That someone will gossip about them.
(b) That someone will rescue her.
(c) That someone will mistake them for a couple.
(d) That someone will still want to marry her.
3. What does Damerel manage to do after just a few moments in Chapter 12?
(a) Figure out Charlotte is sick.
(b) Offend Charlotte.
(c) Frighten Charlotte.
(d) Bring Charlotte out of her shell.
4. Where does Damerel take Aubrey in Chapter 10?
5. Where does Venetia spot a striking woman accompanied by a man who looks like the Prince Regent?
(a) At a park.
(b) At the theater.
(c) At an assembly.
(d) At a cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venetia's uncle come to Undershaw in Chapter 15?
2. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
3. How does Aubrey respond when Mrs. Scorrier picks fights with him?
4. What does Mrs. Scorrier demand of Venetia in Chapter 13?
5. What is the name of the striking woman who Venetia sees in Chapter 18?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)