|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Scorrier wish to have all of Aubrey's dogs kept?
(a) In a pen.
(b) In his room.
(c) In the barn.
(d) On the terrace.
2. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
(a) Damerel's aunt.
(b) Conway's wife's nurse.
(c) Undershaw's new housekeeper.
(d) Conway's mother-in-law.
3. Who is Sir Lambert?
(a) Venetia's latest suitor.
(b) A politician.
(c) An acquaintance of Venetia's uncle.
(d) Lady Steeple's husband.
4. Who is Marston?
(a) Oswald's friend.
(b) A squire.
(c) Damerel's servant.
(d) The vicar.
5. What do Venetia and Lady Steeple talk about when they meet for the first time?
(a) Venetia's financial situation.
(b) The London parties.
(d) Venetia's childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Hendred, why must Venetia not meet with the striking woman in Chapter 18?
2. Why does Aubrey's dog begin to bark in Chapter 14?
3. What does Philip inform Mrs. Scorrier of in Chapter 15?
4. What does Mrs. Hendred think will change Venetia's mind about Yardley?
5. What does Mrs. Scorrier demand of Venetia in Chapter 13?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)