|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Venetia and Lady Steeple talk about when they meet for the first time?
(a) Venetia's childhood.
(b) The London parties.
(c) Venetia's financial situation.
2. What does Venetia hope for while walking with Sir Lambert down the street in Chapter 19?
(a) That someone will still want to marry her.
(b) That someone will rescue her.
(c) That someone will mistake them for a couple.
(d) That someone will gossip about them.
3. How does Damerel react to the news that Venetia plans to set up a house for herself?
(a) He tells her she must not.
(b) He applauds her for it.
(c) He offers to help her find a property.
(d) He laughs at her naivete.
4. Where does Mrs. Scorrier wish to have all of Aubrey's dogs kept?
(a) In his room.
(b) In a pen.
(c) On the terrace.
(d) In the barn.
5. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
(a) A promise.
(b) A duel.
(c) An apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
2. How does Venetia react to Mrs. Scorrier's attempt to make amends?
3. What does Aubrey tell Venetia while returning home in a buggy in Chapter 10?
4. How is the restaurant that Yardley takes Mrs. Hendred and Venetia to in Chapter 18 described?
5. What does Mrs. Hendred think will change Venetia's mind about Yardley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Venetia, Yardley and Mrs. Hendred attend the theater?
2. Why does Venetia go in search of a hotel at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. What are Aubrey and Venetia shocked to find out upon returning to Undershaw in Chapter 10?
4. How does Mrs. Hendred try to meddle in Venetia's affairs?
5. What does Mrs. Hendred confess to Venetia at the end of Chapter 17 and how does Venetia react?
6. Why does Venetia need to find a new place for Aubrey? What solution does she find?
7. What does Venetia talk to her mother about when she meets her for the first time?
8. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
9. Why has Yardley come to London? What does Mrs. Hendred think of Yardley?
10. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 15?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)