|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Lambert apologize to Venetia for in Chapter 19?
(a) Saying that Lady Steeple was prettier than Venetia.
(b) Stealing her mother away.
(c) Kicking Venetia out of Lady Steeple's room.
(d) Implying that Venetia was after his money.
2. Where does Venetia spot a striking woman accompanied by a man who looks like the Prince Regent?
(a) At the theater.
(b) At a cafe.
(c) At a park.
(d) At an assembly.
3. How does Aubrey respond when Mrs. Scorrier picks fights with him?
(a) He storms out of the house.
(b) He is more than happy to fight back.
(c) He politely agrees with her.
(d) He retreats to his bedroom.
4. Who do Venetia and Sir Lambert encounter on the walk home in Chapter 19?
5. What does the striking woman that Venetia sees in Chapter 18 do to Venetia?
(a) She grins.
(b) She waves at her.
(c) She blushes.
(d) She frowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Venetia receive a lengthy letter from in Chapter 13?
2. What does Venetia try to come up with a plan to do in Chapter 18?
3. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
4. What does Lady Steeple learn about Venetia that she finds horrible?
5. What does Mrs. Hendred think about Yardley as possible husband for Venetia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Venetia need to find a new place for Aubrey? What solution does she find?
2. How does Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte react to a visit from Damerel in Chapter 12?
3. What conflict is Venetia burdened with in Chapter 14?
4. What does Sir John and Lady Denny do after they hear that Oswald challenged Damerel to a duel?
5. Why does Venetia go in search of a hotel at the beginning of Chapter 19?
6. How does Mrs. Hendred try to meddle in Venetia's affairs?
7. How does Venetia react when she finds out that the woman at the theater is her mother?
8. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 15?
9. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
10. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)