|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
(a) A London coming out.
(b) A baptism.
(c) Birthday parties.
(d) An education.
2. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
(a) By scolding them.
(b) By calling them children.
(c) By suggesting they were old maids.
(d) By not speaking to them.
3. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
(b) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
(c) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
(d) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
4. Who is Damerel?
(a) A Lord.
(b) An Earl.
(c) A Baron.
(d) A Duke.
5. How did Damerel feel after his affair with Lady Sophia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damerel tell Venetia about Lady Sophie in Chapter 6?
2. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
3. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
4. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
5. How does Oswald view Damerel in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Oswald and Yardley each view Damerel in relation to Venetia?
2. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
3. What does Yardley fuss over Aubrey for in Chapter 5?
4. Why is Aubrey unhappy to see Yardley and Oswald ride up to the manor in Chapter 1?
5. What did Lady Denny's daughters think of Lord Damerel?
6. Why is Venetia happy when she wakes in Chapter 5?
7. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
8. What does Yardley warn Venetia of when news of Lord Damerel's return spreads?
9. What is Venetia's relationship with Lady Denny?
10. How does Damerel help Venetia in Chapter 2? What does he do after helping her?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)