|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia intend to make with what she picks in Chapter 2?
(b) Upside-down cake.
2. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
(a) To retrieve a book.
(b) To save some kittens.
(c) To pick apples.
(d) To reach a box.
3. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
(b) Mrs. Priddy.
(c) Mrs. Denny.
4. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
(a) Lady Duke.
(b) Lady Denny.
(c) Lady Dunstan.
(d) Lady Donnel.
5. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Her stuffy bedroom.
(b) Having to visit with Yardley.
(c) The complaints of her staff.
(d) A boring conversation with Aubrey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
2. Who does NOT worry about the propriety of Venetia's visits to the Priory in Chapter 7?
3. Who is the author of "Venetia"?
4. What kind of dog does Aubrey have?
5. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Venetia plan to do with her inheritance? Why does she stay at her brother's estate?
2. What did Lady Denny's daughters think of Lord Damerel?
3. Why is Aubrey unhappy to see Yardley and Oswald ride up to the manor in Chapter 1?
4. What does Oswald see when he enters the barn at Undershaw?
5. What vexes Yardley at the end of Chapter 1?
6. What is Venetia's relationship with Lady Denny?
7. Why does Venetia hesitate to go looking for Aubrey when he doesn't return home in Chapter 4?
8. Why is Venetia happy when she wakes in Chapter 5?
9. What does Venetia decide to do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
10. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)