|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what are society ladies said not to have done?
(a) Spoken to strange men.
(b) Picked fruit.
(c) Gone out without an attendant.
(d) Dressed in unfashionable clothes.
2. What does Oswald talk about often?
(a) Changes he will make to his father's estate.
(b) Medical studies.
(c) The places he has been.
3. How long does Aubrey stay at the Priory?
(a) Five days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Eight days.
4. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
(b) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
(c) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
(d) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
5. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
(a) To retrieve a book.
(b) To save some kittens.
(c) To pick apples.
(d) To reach a box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Venetia and Damerel talk about in the garden in Chapter 6?
2. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
3. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
4. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
5. What does Lady Denny's husband do to her dismay in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
2. What does Venetia tell Damerel he is the first to perceive in Chapter 7?
3. What vexes Yardley at the end of Chapter 1?
4. What alerts Damerel to the fact that Venetia is not just a village maid?
5. How does Damerel help Venetia in Chapter 2? What does he do after helping her?
6. What is Venetia's relationship with Lady Denny?
7. How does Oswald view Damerel's return?
8. What does Oswald decide when he is escorted into the room where Aubrey is in Chapter 8?
9. What did Lady Denny's daughters think of Lord Damerel?
10. What does Venetia ask Damerel advice for in Chapter 20?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)