|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
(a) Muscle injuries.
(b) Venetia's social standing.
(c) The public opinion for Damerel.
(d) Aubrey's emotional state.
2. How long does Aubrey stay at the Priory?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Five days.
3. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
(a) A friend.
(b) A rival.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A beau.
4. What is the name of Aubrey's dog?
5. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
2. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
3. What does Venetia decide to pick in Chapter 2?
4. What does Oswald talk about often?
5. What does Damerel scold Aubrey for in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mrs. Priddy once tell Venetia about her mother?
2. Why is Aubrey unhappy to see Yardley and Oswald ride up to the manor in Chapter 1?
3. What does Venetia tell Damerel he is the first to perceive in Chapter 7?
4. Why is Venetia happy when she wakes in Chapter 5?
5. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3? Who helps him?
6. What does Venetia think Damerel means when he says he would not have kissed her had she been with an attendant?
7. What is Venetia's relationship with Lady Denny?
8. How does Damerel help Venetia in Chapter 2? What does he do after helping her?
9. What vexes Yardley at the end of Chapter 1?
10. How does Damerel earn Aubrey's good opinion?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)