|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald talk about often?
(a) Changes he will make to his father's estate.
(c) Medical studies.
(d) The places he has been.
2. What does Oswald tell Venetia he is fearful of?
(a) Venetia having her heart broken.
(b) What Yardley will do if he gets jealous.
(c) Damerel absconding with Venetia's inheritance.
(d) Damerel behaving inappropriately.
3. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
(a) The public opinion for Damerel.
(b) Muscle injuries.
(c) Aubrey's emotional state.
(d) Venetia's social standing.
4. What is the name of Venetia's family estate?
5. What word did Venetia use to describe Yardley to Damerel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
2. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
3. What do Venetia and Damerel talk about in the garden in Chapter 6?
4. What is the name of Venetia's nurse?
5. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3? Who helps him?
2. What dismays Lady Denny in Chapter 3?
3. What does Oswald see when he enters the barn at Undershaw?
4. What is Venetia's relationship with Lady Denny?
5. How does Oswald view Damerel's return?
6. How do Oswald and Yardley each view Damerel in relation to Venetia?
7. What alerts Damerel to the fact that Venetia is not just a village maid?
8. What reasons does Venetia give Oswald for refusing to marry him?
9. In Chapter 7, what does Damerel reveal is the real reason he returned to the Priory?
10. Why is Aubrey unhappy to see Yardley and Oswald ride up to the manor in Chapter 1?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)