|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
(a) Lady Dunstan.
(b) Lady Duke.
(c) Lady Donnel.
(d) Lady Denny.
2. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
(a) He is too young.
(b) She is in love with someone else.
(c) She doesn't want to move abroad.
(d) He is too headstrung.
3. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
(a) That Venetia will marry him.
(b) That Oswald is stealing from Venetia's family.
(c) That he can get Venetia to marry his son.
(d) That he will acquire Venetia's family home.
4. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
(a) Damerel, Venetia and Aubrey are too comfortable together.
(b) He should work with Yardley to get rid of Damerel.
(c) That his mother should counsel Venetia about propriety.
(d) His chances are good for winning Venetia's heart.
5. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
(a) To entertain guests.
(b) On business.
(c) To recuperate from an injury.
(d) So he could meet her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what manner do Damerel and Venetia speak to each other in Chapter 2?
2. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
3. What kind of dog does Aubrey have?
4. What does Venetia do before going to pick fruit?
5. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
2. Why does Venetia hesitate to go looking for Aubrey when he doesn't return home in Chapter 4?
3. What vexes Yardley at the end of Chapter 1?
4. How does Venetia feel about her deceased father?
5. What is Venetia's relationship with Lady Denny?
6. What reasons does Venetia give Oswald for refusing to marry him?
7. What dismays Lady Denny in Chapter 3?
8. What alerts Damerel to the fact that Venetia is not just a village maid?
9. How does Damerel earn Aubrey's good opinion?
10. How do Oswald and Yardley each view Damerel in relation to Venetia?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)