|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
(a) He dislikes Aubrey.
(b) It gives him an excuse to contact Venetia.
(c) It gives him a chance to test out his homemade remedies.
(d) He hopes it will cause Aubrey to become more cautious.
2. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
(a) To pick apples.
(b) To reach a box.
(c) To retrieve a book.
(d) To save some kittens.
3. What is one of Lady Denny's daughter's named?
4. What kind of dog does Aubrey have?
(a) A Terrier.
(b) A Boxer.
(c) A Beagle.
(d) A Spaniel.
5. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
(a) That he takes a drink without being offered one.
(b) That he doubts Aubrey's intelligence.
(c) That he speaks to Venetia rudely.
(d) That he assumes authority when he has none.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
2. What is the name of Aubrey's dog?
3. What does Venetia intend to make with what she picks in Chapter 2?
4. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. Whom does Oswald dislike?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oswald view Damerel's return?
2. Why is Damerel glad about Aubrey's injury? In what manner does he write to contact Venetia about it and why?
3. What does Venetia do that is contrary to convention in Chapter 2?
4. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
5. What did Lady Denny's daughters think of Lord Damerel?
6. In Chapter 7, what does Damerel reveal is the real reason he returned to the Priory?
7. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
8. How do Oswald and Yardley each view Damerel in relation to Venetia?
9. What does Venetia plan to do with her inheritance? Why does she stay at her brother's estate?
10. What alerts Damerel to the fact that Venetia is not just a village maid?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)