|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Venetia's elder brother leave home frequently?
(a) He travels for business.
(b) He is searching for his mother.
(c) He is in the military.
(d) He finds the home uncomfortable.
2. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
(a) Venetia's neighbor.
(b) Venetia's aunt.
(c) Damerel's head housekeeper.
(d) The woman Lord Damerel ran off with.
3. Who does Venetia think would be jealous of Damerel?
(d) Her father.
4. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
(a) An enemy.
(b) A rival.
(c) A beau.
(d) A friend.
5. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
(a) An education.
(b) Birthday parties.
(c) A London coming out.
(d) A baptism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
2. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
3. Whom does Oswald dislike?
4. Who is the author of "Venetia"?
5. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Damerel glad about Aubrey's injury? In what manner does he write to contact Venetia about it and why?
2. What reasons does Venetia give Oswald for refusing to marry him?
3. What does Venetia decide to do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. How does Oswald view Damerel's return?
5. What does Yardley fuss over Aubrey for in Chapter 5?
6. What did Lady Denny's daughters think of Lord Damerel?
7. What does Venetia think Damerel means when he says he would not have kissed her had she been with an attendant?
8. Why is Aubrey unhappy to see Yardley and Oswald ride up to the manor in Chapter 1?
9. What does Venetia do that is contrary to convention in Chapter 2?
10. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)