|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
2. How long does Aubrey stay at the Priory?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Ten days.
3. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
(b) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
(c) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
(d) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
4. What does Venetia decide to pick in Chapter 2?
5. Where does Venetia head to pick fruit in Chapter 2?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) The Priory.
(c) Just outside the village.
(d) The riverbank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clara Denny's opinion of Yardley?
2. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
3. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
4. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
5. What does Venetia refuse to change her behavior just to avoid?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Venetia feel about her deceased father?
2. What does Philip discuss with Damerel and Venetia in Chapter 21?
3. What does Venetia plan to do with her inheritance? Why does she stay at her brother's estate?
4. Why doesn't Damerel kiss Venetia in Chapter 9?
5. What dismays Lady Denny in Chapter 3?
6. Before meeting him, what does Yardley decide he must let Damerel know? What ruins his intention?
7. What does Mrs. Hendred confess to Venetia at the end of Chapter 17 and how does Venetia react?
8. What does Venetia think Damerel means when he says he would not have kissed her had she been with an attendant?
9. What happens while Venetia, Yardley and Mrs. Hendred attend the theater?
10. How does Venetia react when she finds out that the woman at the theater is her mother?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)