|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Lady Denny's daughter's named?
2. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Her stuffy bedroom.
(b) A boring conversation with Aubrey.
(c) The complaints of her staff.
(d) Having to visit with Yardley.
3. Where does Oswald see Venetia climb a ladder?
(a) To the attic.
(b) Up a tree.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the library.
4. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
(a) Yardley's frankness.
(b) Yardley's flirtatiousness.
(c) Yardley's fashion sense.
(d) Yardley's confidence.
5. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
(a) He is too young.
(b) She is in love with someone else.
(c) She doesn't want to move abroad.
(d) He is too headstrung.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
2. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
3. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
4. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Venetia happy when she wakes in Chapter 5?
2. What is Venetia's relationship with Lady Denny?
3. How does Damerel earn Aubrey's good opinion?
4. What did Mrs. Priddy once tell Venetia about her mother?
5. What does Venetia do that is contrary to convention in Chapter 2?
6. What does Oswald decide when he is escorted into the room where Aubrey is in Chapter 8?
7. How does Damerel help Venetia in Chapter 2? What does he do after helping her?
8. How does Venetia feel about her deceased father?
9. What reasons does Venetia give Oswald for refusing to marry him?
10. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)