|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
(a) Aubrey's emotional state.
(b) Venetia's social standing.
(c) Muscle injuries.
(d) The public opinion for Damerel.
2. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
(a) She is distrustful of Damerel.
(b) She is indifferent toward Damerel.
(c) She holds Damerel in high regard.
(d) She thinks Damerel is a soundrel.
3. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
4. Who does NOT worry about the propriety of Venetia's visits to the Priory in Chapter 7?
(c) Lady Denny.
5. What does Venetia get tangled in during Chapter 2?
(b) A spider web.
(d) Rose bushes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Venetia's nurse?
2. What does Oswald talk about often?
3. Who is Aubrey?
4. What kind of dog does Aubrey have?
5. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Damerel reveal is the real reason he returned to the Priory?
2. Why is Aubrey unhappy to see Yardley and Oswald ride up to the manor in Chapter 1?
3. What does Venetia tell Damerel he is the first to perceive in Chapter 7?
4. What does Oswald decide when he is escorted into the room where Aubrey is in Chapter 8?
5. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
6. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
7. How do Oswald and Yardley each view Damerel in relation to Venetia?
8. What is Venetia's relationship with Lady Denny?
9. What alerts Damerel to the fact that Venetia is not just a village maid?
10. Why does Venetia hesitate to go looking for Aubrey when he doesn't return home in Chapter 4?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)