|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
(a) His lack of a sense of humor.
(b) His neglect of his estate.
(c) His treatment of Sophie.
(d) His flirting with her daughters.
2. What does Venetia refuse to change her behavior just to avoid?
(d) Angering others.
3. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
(a) Sir David.
(b) Sir John.
(c) Sir Samuel.
(d) Sir Charles.
4. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
(a) Picking fruit on his property.
(b) Her manner of dress.
(c) Her lack of an attendant.
(d) Her family.
5. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
2. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
3. What word did Venetia use to describe Yardley to Damerel?
4. Where does Oswald see Venetia climb a ladder?
5. Who does NOT worry about the propriety of Venetia's visits to the Priory in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Damerel earn Aubrey's good opinion?
2. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3? Who helps him?
3. Why does Venetia hesitate to go looking for Aubrey when he doesn't return home in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Damerel reveal is the real reason he returned to the Priory?
5. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
6. What does Venetia tell Damerel he is the first to perceive in Chapter 7?
7. How does Venetia feel about her deceased father?
8. What does Venetia do that is contrary to convention in Chapter 2?
9. What did Lady Denny's daughters think of Lord Damerel?
10. Why is Damerel glad about Aubrey's injury? In what manner does he write to contact Venetia about it and why?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)