|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
(a) Kisses her.
(b) Scolds her.
(c) Offers her his horse.
(d) Orders her home.
2. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
(a) She is too stupid.
(b) She is too innocent.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She is too young.
3. What is the name of Venetia's family estate?
4. What does Venetia decide to pick in Chapter 2?
5. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
(a) He dislikes Aubrey.
(b) It gives him a chance to test out his homemade remedies.
(c) He hopes it will cause Aubrey to become more cautious.
(d) It gives him an excuse to contact Venetia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
2. How does Venetia feel when she awakes in Chapter 5?
3. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
4. Where does Venetia head to pick fruit in Chapter 2?
5. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Damerel reveal is the real reason he returned to the Priory?
2. How does Damerel earn Aubrey's good opinion?
3. What does Damerel tell Venetia about his relationship with Lady Sofia in Chapter 6?
4. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
5. What reasons does Venetia give Oswald for refusing to marry him?
6. What does Venetia do that is contrary to convention in Chapter 2?
7. How do Oswald and Yardley each view Damerel in relation to Venetia?
8. What is Venetia's relationship with Lady Denny?
9. What vexes Yardley at the end of Chapter 1?
10. Before meeting him, what does Yardley decide he must let Damerel know? What ruins his intention?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)