|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Venetia use to describe Yardley to Damerel?
2. Who does Venetia tell about her encounter with Lord Damerel ?
(c) Mrs. Priddy.
(d) No one.
3. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
(a) Yardley's confidence.
(b) Yardley's fashion sense.
(c) Yardley's flirtatiousness.
(d) Yardley's frankness.
4. What do Venetia and Damerel talk about in the garden in Chapter 6?
(a) Aubrey's travels.
(c) Their fathers.
(d) Life in the village.
5. How long does Aubrey stay at the Priory?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
2. What word describes Venetia's life so far?
3. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What does Venetia note to Oswald about his father.
5. What is the name of Aubrey's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What does Oswald see when he enters the barn at Undershaw?
3. Why is Damerel glad about Aubrey's injury? In what manner does he write to contact Venetia about it and why?
4. What does Venetia think Damerel means when he says he would not have kissed her had she been with an attendant?
5. What alerts Damerel to the fact that Venetia is not just a village maid?
6. How does Oswald view Damerel's return?
7. What vexes Yardley at the end of Chapter 1?
8. In Chapter 7, what does Damerel reveal is the real reason he returned to the Priory?
9. What does Yardley warn Venetia of when news of Lord Damerel's return spreads?
10. How does Damerel earn Aubrey's good opinion?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)