|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clara Denny's opinion of Yardley?
(a) She thinks he is clever and funny.
(b) She thinks he is pushy and rude.
(c) She thinks he is strange and disturbed.
(d) She thinks he is handsome, but dimwitted.
2. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
(a) Lady Duke.
(b) Lady Dunstan.
(c) Lady Donnel.
(d) Lady Denny.
3. Who does NOT worry about the propriety of Venetia's visits to the Priory in Chapter 7?
(c) Lady Denny.
4. What kind of dog does Aubrey have?
(a) A Boxer.
(b) A Terrier.
(c) A Beagle.
(d) A Spaniel.
5. What does Venetia say that shocks people?
(a) That she caused her father's death.
(b) That she doesn't miss her father.
(c) That her father haunts the family house.
(d) That her mother is alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald hear as he wanders around Undershaw?
2. In what manner do Damerel and Venetia speak to each other in Chapter 2?
3. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
4. What is the name of Aubrey's dog?
5. Who is the author of "Venetia"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oswald view Damerel's return?
2. How does Venetia feel about her deceased father?
3. What did Lady Denny's daughters think of Lord Damerel?
4. Why does Venetia hesitate to go looking for Aubrey when he doesn't return home in Chapter 4?
5. What does Damerel tell Venetia about his relationship with Lady Sofia in Chapter 6?
6. Why is Venetia happy when she wakes in Chapter 5?
7. Why is Damerel glad about Aubrey's injury? In what manner does he write to contact Venetia about it and why?
8. How does Damerel help Venetia in Chapter 2? What does he do after helping her?
9. What does Venetia do that is contrary to convention in Chapter 2?
10. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)