|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dog does Aubrey have?
(a) A Beagle.
(b) A Spaniel.
(c) A Terrier.
(d) A Boxer.
2. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
(a) His chances are good for winning Venetia's heart.
(b) He should work with Yardley to get rid of Damerel.
(c) Damerel, Venetia and Aubrey are too comfortable together.
(d) That his mother should counsel Venetia about propriety.
3. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
(a) To recuperate from an injury.
(b) To entertain guests.
(c) So he could meet her.
(d) On business.
4. What does Aubrey value which Venetia doesn't want to trespass on in Chapter 4?
(a) His religious beliefs.
(b) His independence.
(c) His exercise.
5. What does Venetia get tangled in during Chapter 2?
(a) A spider web.
(c) Rose bushes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
2. Why does Venetia's elder brother leave home frequently?
3. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
4. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
5. What does Venetia refuse to change her behavior just to avoid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Damerel tell Venetia about his relationship with Lady Sofia in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Damerel reveal is the real reason he returned to the Priory?
3. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
4. Why is Venetia happy when she wakes in Chapter 5?
5. How does Oswald view Damerel's return?
6. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
7. What vexes Yardley at the end of Chapter 1?
8. Before meeting him, what does Yardley decide he must let Damerel know? What ruins his intention?
9. Why does Venetia hesitate to go looking for Aubrey when he doesn't return home in Chapter 4?
10. What reasons does Venetia give Oswald for refusing to marry him?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)