|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is too stupid.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She is too innocent.
2. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
(a) Yardley's flirtatiousness.
(b) Yardley's fashion sense.
(c) Yardley's frankness.
(d) Yardley's confidence.
3. Who is with Damerel when they encounter Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What does Damerel tell Venetia about Lady Sophie in Chapter 6?
(a) That Lady Sophia jilted him.
(b) That Lady Sophia is Venetia's cousin.
(c) That Lady Sophia is dead.
(d) That he and Lady Sophia have a daughter.
5. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her manner of dress.
(c) Picking fruit on his property.
(d) Her lack of an attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things Aubrey and Damerel discussed while Venetia was away?
2. What does Venetia note to Oswald about his father.
3. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What word describes Venetia's life so far?
5. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Damerel tell Venetia about his relationship with Lady Sofia in Chapter 6?
2. Before meeting him, what does Yardley decide he must let Damerel know? What ruins his intention?
3. What does Venetia tell Damerel he is the first to perceive in Chapter 7?
4. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
5. What does Yardley warn Venetia of when news of Lord Damerel's return spreads?
6. What dismays Lady Denny in Chapter 3?
7. How does Oswald view Damerel's return?
8. Why is Aubrey unhappy to see Yardley and Oswald ride up to the manor in Chapter 1?
9. What is Venetia's relationship with Lady Denny?
10. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)