|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She is touched.
(d) She cries with relief.
2. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
(a) That he assumes authority when he has none.
(b) That he takes a drink without being offered one.
(c) That he doubts Aubrey's intelligence.
(d) That he speaks to Venetia rudely.
3. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her manner of dress.
(c) Picking fruit on his property.
(d) Her lack of an attendant.
4. What is one of Lady Denny's daughter's named?
5. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
(a) His lack of a sense of humor.
(b) His flirting with her daughters.
(c) His neglect of his estate.
(d) His treatment of Sophie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
2. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
3. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
4. What does Venetia get tangled in during Chapter 2?
5. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yardley warn Venetia of when news of Lord Damerel's return spreads?
2. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What does Damerel tell Venetia about his relationship with Lady Sofia in Chapter 6?
4. What reasons does Venetia give Oswald for refusing to marry him?
5. Before meeting him, what does Yardley decide he must let Damerel know? What ruins his intention?
6. What vexes Yardley at the end of Chapter 1?
7. How does Damerel help Venetia in Chapter 2? What does he do after helping her?
8. What did Lady Denny's daughters think of Lord Damerel?
9. What does Venetia decide to do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
10. In Chapter 7, what does Damerel reveal is the real reason he returned to the Priory?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)