Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
(a) Wearing men's clothes.
(b) Inviting Oswald over.
(c) Expecting Conway to return.
(d) Wandering without a chaperone.
2. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
3. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
(a) He worries there will be gossip about Damerel and Venetia.
(b) He worries Damerel will attack Aubrey.
(c) He worries Damerel will steal Venetia's heart.
(d) He worries Damerel will buy the Undershaw Estate.
4. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
5. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
(a) He should work with Yardley to get rid of Damerel.
(b) His chances are good for winning Venetia's heart.
(c) Damerel, Venetia and Aubrey are too comfortable together.
(d) That his mother should counsel Venetia about propriety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clara Denny's opinion of Yardley?
2. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
3. How does Lady Denny act toward Lord Damerel?
4. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
5. What is the name of Aubrey's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Damerel kiss Venetia in Chapter 9?
2. Describe Venetia's younger brother, Aubrey.
3. What are Aubrey and Venetia shocked to find out upon returning to Undershaw in Chapter 10?
4. What scandalous information does Lady Denny tell Venetia about Lord Damerel?
5. What kind of plan does Venetia come up with in Chapter 18?
6. What does Venetia think Damerel means when he says he would not have kissed her had she been with an attendant?
7. How does Venetia get along with Sir Lambert?
8. What does Venetia tell Damerel he is the first to perceive in Chapter 7?
9. What does Philip discuss with Damerel and Venetia in Chapter 21?
10. How does Mrs. Hendred convince Venetia to go out on the town with her and Yardley? Where do they go?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)