|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel tell Venetia about Lady Sophie in Chapter 6?
(a) That Lady Sophia is Venetia's cousin.
(b) That Lady Sophia is dead.
(c) That he and Lady Sophia have a daughter.
(d) That Lady Sophia jilted him.
2. What does Venetia say that shocks people?
(a) That she caused her father's death.
(b) That she doesn't miss her father.
(c) That her father haunts the family house.
(d) That her mother is alive.
3. Who does NOT worry about the propriety of Venetia's visits to the Priory in Chapter 7?
(d) Lady Denny.
4. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
(a) Lady Donnel.
(b) Lady Denny.
(c) Lady Dunstan.
(d) Lady Duke.
5. What is one of the things Aubrey and Damerel discussed while Venetia was away?
(a) Mrs. Priddy's dislike for Damerel.
(b) Aubrey's father's hunting skills.
(c) Damerel's last love affair.
(d) The latest operas in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
2. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
3. Who is Aubrey?
4. Who is the author of "Venetia"?
5. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Venetia hesitate to go looking for Aubrey when he doesn't return home in Chapter 4?
2. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
3. Before meeting him, what does Yardley decide he must let Damerel know? What ruins his intention?
4. What does Oswald decide when he is escorted into the room where Aubrey is in Chapter 8?
5. What alerts Damerel to the fact that Venetia is not just a village maid?
6. What does Yardley warn Venetia of when news of Lord Damerel's return spreads?
7. What reasons does Venetia give Oswald for refusing to marry him?
8. What does Yardley fuss over Aubrey for in Chapter 5?
9. What does Damerel tell Venetia about his relationship with Lady Sofia in Chapter 6?
10. How does Damerel help Venetia in Chapter 2? What does he do after helping her?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)