|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel tell Venetia about Lady Sophie in Chapter 6?
(a) That Lady Sophia jilted him.
(b) That he and Lady Sophia have a daughter.
(c) That Lady Sophia is dead.
(d) That Lady Sophia is Venetia's cousin.
2. Who is the author of "Venetia"?
(a) Anya Seton.
(b) Victoria Holt.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Georgette Heyer.
3. What does Venetia do before going to pick fruit?
(a) Packs a snack.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Invites her nurse along.
(d) Changes her clothes.
4. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
(a) That Yardley is there to cause trouble.
(b) That Yardley is Mrs. Priddy's son.
(c) That Yardley is a friend to Aubrey.
(d) That Yardley was a friend of Venetia's father.
5. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
(a) He offers him lunch.
(b) He implies that Venetia will be leaving.
(c) He asks him to fetch medicine from the village.
(d) He asks him to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
2. How does Yardley speak to Venetia in in Chapter 3?
3. How did Damerel feel after his affair with Lady Sophia?
4. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
5. What does Oswald tell Venetia he is fearful of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yardley fuss over Aubrey for in Chapter 5?
2. What does Damerel tell Venetia about his relationship with Lady Sofia in Chapter 6?
3. What alerts Damerel to the fact that Venetia is not just a village maid?
4. Why is Aubrey unhappy to see Yardley and Oswald ride up to the manor in Chapter 1?
5. How does Damerel earn Aubrey's good opinion?
6. What does Venetia plan to do with her inheritance? Why does she stay at her brother's estate?
7. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
8. Why is Venetia happy when she wakes in Chapter 5?
9. What reasons does Venetia give Oswald for refusing to marry him?
10. In Chapter 7, what does Damerel reveal is the real reason he returned to the Priory?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)