|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He falls down some stairs.
(b) He gets lost in the woods.
(c) He develops a high fever.
(d) He falls from a horse.
2. How does Lady Denny act toward Lord Damerel?
3. Where does Oswald see Venetia climb a ladder?
(a) Up a tree.
(b) In the library.
(c) To the attic.
(d) In the barn.
4. How did Damerel feel after his affair with Lady Sophia?
5. Who is Damerel?
(a) A Lord.
(b) A Baron.
(c) A Duke.
(d) An Earl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia say that shocks people?
2. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
3. What did Mrs. Priddy once tell Venetia about her mother?
4. What does Venetia bring with her to the Priory in Chapter 5?
5. How long does Aubrey stay at the Priory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oswald view Damerel's return?
2. What does Yardley warn Venetia of when news of Lord Damerel's return spreads?
3. What alerts Damerel to the fact that Venetia is not just a village maid?
4. What does Damerel tell Venetia about his relationship with Lady Sofia in Chapter 6?
5. Why is Venetia happy when she wakes in Chapter 5?
6. What did Lady Denny's daughters think of Lord Damerel?
7. What does Oswald decide when he is escorted into the room where Aubrey is in Chapter 8?
8. What does Yardley fuss over Aubrey for in Chapter 5?
9. What reasons does Venetia give Oswald for refusing to marry him?
10. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)