|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
(a) His treatment of Sophie.
(b) His flirting with her daughters.
(c) His neglect of his estate.
(d) His lack of a sense of humor.
2. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
(a) He worries Damerel will attack Aubrey.
(b) He worries there will be gossip about Damerel and Venetia.
(c) He worries Damerel will buy the Undershaw Estate.
(d) He worries Damerel will steal Venetia's heart.
3. Where does Venetia head to pick fruit in Chapter 2?
(a) Just outside the village.
(b) The riverbank.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) The Priory.
4. Where does Oswald see Venetia climb a ladder?
(a) To the attic.
(b) Up a tree.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the barn.
5. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
(a) The hot weather.
(b) The summer festival.
(c) The vicar's death.
(d) Lord Damerel's return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venetia stop going to the Priory in Chapter 8?
2. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
3. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
4. How does Venetia feel when she awakes in Chapter 5?
5. What does Venetia decide to pick in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Venetia feel about her deceased father?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Damerel reveal is the real reason he returned to the Priory?
3. Why is Damerel glad about Aubrey's injury? In what manner does he write to contact Venetia about it and why?
4. What does Venetia think Damerel means when he says he would not have kissed her had she been with an attendant?
5. What does Venetia tell Damerel he is the first to perceive in Chapter 7?
6. What reasons does Venetia give Oswald for refusing to marry him?
7. How does Venetia react when she finds out that the woman at the theater is her mother?
8. What does Philip discuss with Damerel and Venetia in Chapter 21?
9. What vexes Yardley at the end of Chapter 1?
10. How does Mrs. Hendred convince Venetia to go out on the town with her and Yardley? Where do they go?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)