|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald tell Venetia he is fearful of?
(a) Damerel absconding with Venetia's inheritance.
(b) What Yardley will do if he gets jealous.
(c) Venetia having her heart broken.
(d) Damerel behaving inappropriately.
2. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
3. Who is Aubrey?
(a) Venetia's servant.
(b) Venetia's father.
(c) Venetia's brother.
(d) Venetia's cousin.
4. Why does Venetia's elder brother leave home frequently?
(a) He finds the home uncomfortable.
(b) He is in the military.
(c) He travels for business.
(d) He is searching for his mother.
5. What does Venetia do before going to pick fruit?
(a) Changes her clothes.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Packs a snack.
(d) Invites her nurse along.
6. Who does Venetia tell about her encounter with Lord Damerel ?
(c) No one.
(d) Mrs. Priddy.
7. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
(b) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
(c) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
(d) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
8. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
(a) Mrs. Priddy.
(d) Mrs. Denny.
9. What did Lady Denny's daughter's think of Lord Damerel?
(a) He was dashing.
(b) He was dull.
(c) He was charming.
(d) He was ugly.
10. What does Venetia say that shocks people?
(a) That she caused her father's death.
(b) That she doesn't miss her father.
(c) That her father haunts the family house.
(d) That her mother is alive.
11. In what manner do Damerel and Venetia speak to each other in Chapter 2?
(a) Using famous quotes.
(b) Using lyrics from songs.
(c) In rhymes.
(d) In French.
12. What is one of Lady Denny's daughter's named?
13. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
(a) His chances are good for winning Venetia's heart.
(b) He should work with Yardley to get rid of Damerel.
(c) That his mother should counsel Venetia about propriety.
(d) Damerel, Venetia and Aubrey are too comfortable together.
14. What does Damerel scold Aubrey for in Chapter 4?
(a) Going out in bad weather.
(b) Riding a horse.
(c) Not using good judgment.
(d) Trespassing on his estate.
15. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
(a) That he doubts Aubrey's intelligence.
(b) That he speaks to Venetia rudely.
(c) That he takes a drink without being offered one.
(d) That he assumes authority when he has none.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venetia stop going to the Priory in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
3. How does Lady Denny act toward Lord Damerel?
4. What does Venetia intend to do with her inheritance?
5. What did Mrs. Priddy once tell Venetia about her mother?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)