|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
(a) By offering Aubrey free use of his library.
(b) By treating him like a normal boy.
(c) By speaking well of Venetia.
(d) By saying he respected Aubrey's father.
2. What is the name of Venetia's family estate?
3. What does Venetia note to Oswald about his father.
(a) That his father is deeply in debt to her family.
(b) That he will probably leave Oswald penniless.
(c) That he has someone else he wants Oswald to marry.
(d) That he told her to refuse Oswald's proposals.
4. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
5. What does Venetia intend to make with what she picks in Chapter 2?
(c) Upside-down cake.
6. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She cries with relief.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She is touched.
7. What did Lady Denny's daughter's think of Lord Damerel?
(a) He was dashing.
(b) He was dull.
(c) He was ugly.
(d) He was charming.
8. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is too stupid.
(c) She is too innocent.
(d) She is a woman.
9. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He never wants to see Venetia again.
(b) He will stay longer than planned.
(c) He will soon leave his estate again.
(d) He saw Conway in the village.
10. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
(a) He worries Damerel will steal Venetia's heart.
(b) He worries there will be gossip about Damerel and Venetia.
(c) He worries Damerel will buy the Undershaw Estate.
(d) He worries Damerel will attack Aubrey.
11. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
(a) Venetia's social standing.
(b) Aubrey's emotional state.
(c) Muscle injuries.
(d) The public opinion for Damerel.
12. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
(a) His treatment of Sophie.
(b) His lack of a sense of humor.
(c) His neglect of his estate.
(d) His flirting with her daughters.
13. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
(a) Sir Samuel.
(b) Sir John.
(c) Sir Charles.
(d) Sir David.
14. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
(a) To the lavatory.
(b) The dining room.
(c) Back home.
(d) Into the garden.
15. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Her stuffy bedroom.
(b) Having to visit with Yardley.
(c) The complaints of her staff.
(d) A boring conversation with Aubrey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
2. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
3. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
4. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
5. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)