|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
(a) Wearing men's clothes.
(b) Inviting Oswald over.
(c) Expecting Conway to return.
(d) Wandering without a chaperone.
2. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
3. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
(a) He worries there will be gossip about Damerel and Venetia.
(b) He worries Damerel will attack Aubrey.
(c) He worries Damerel will steal Venetia's heart.
(d) He worries Damerel will buy the Undershaw Estate.
4. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
5. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
(a) He should work with Yardley to get rid of Damerel.
(b) His chances are good for winning Venetia's heart.
(c) Damerel, Venetia and Aubrey are too comfortable together.
(d) That his mother should counsel Venetia about propriety.
6. What is Clara Denny's opinion of Yardley?
(a) She thinks he is handsome, but dimwitted.
(b) She thinks he is clever and funny.
(c) She thinks he is pushy and rude.
(d) She thinks he is strange and disturbed.
7. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
(a) The hot weather.
(b) The summer festival.
(c) The vicar's death.
(d) Lord Damerel's return.
8. How does Lady Denny act toward Lord Damerel?
9. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
(a) He implies that Venetia will be leaving.
(b) He asks him to go.
(c) He asks him to fetch medicine from the village.
(d) He offers him lunch.
10. What is the name of Aubrey's dog?
11. What did Lady Denny's daughter's think of Lord Damerel?
(a) He was dashing.
(b) He was charming.
(c) He was dull.
(d) He was ugly.
12. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
(a) Lady Donnel.
(b) Lady Dunstan.
(c) Lady Duke.
(d) Lady Denny.
13. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
(a) Aubrey's emotional state.
(b) Venetia's social standing.
(c) The public opinion for Damerel.
(d) Muscle injuries.
14. How many times in her life has Venetia met Damerel?
(b) Many times.
(d) Five or six times.
15. What word did Venetia use to describe Yardley to Damerel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
2. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What is one of Lady Denny's daughter's named?
4. What is the name of Venetia's family estate?
5. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)