|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
(a) Picking fruit on his property.
(b) Her manner of dress.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her lack of an attendant.
2. Whom does Oswald dislike?
(a) Crippled people.
(b) The aristocracy.
3. What does Venetia do before going to pick fruit?
(a) Invites her nurse along.
(b) Packs a snack.
(c) Brushes her hair.
(d) Changes her clothes.
4. Why does Venetia stop going to the Priory in Chapter 8?
(a) Mrs. Denny advises against it.
(b) Bad weather moves in.
(c) Aubrey returns home.
(d) She and Damerel have a disagreement.
5. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He gets lost in the woods.
(b) He falls down some stairs.
(c) He falls from a horse.
(d) He develops a high fever.
6. How long does Aubrey stay at the Priory?
(a) Three days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Five days.
7. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
(a) When Aubrey goes to Oxford.
(b) When she turns thirty.
(c) When Conway returns.
(d) After he gets rid of Oswald.
8. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
(a) Lord Damerel's return.
(b) The hot weather.
(c) The vicar's death.
(d) The summer festival.
9. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
10. What does Venetia intend to do with her inheritance?
(a) Set up her own house.
(b) Donate it to charity.
(d) Open a shop in London.
11. What did Lady Denny's daughter's think of Lord Damerel?
(a) He was charming.
(b) He was dull.
(c) He was dashing.
(d) He was ugly.
12. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
(a) Venetia's social standing.
(b) Muscle injuries.
(c) The public opinion for Damerel.
(d) Aubrey's emotional state.
13. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
(a) He worries Damerel will attack Aubrey.
(b) He worries there will be gossip about Damerel and Venetia.
(c) He worries Damerel will buy the Undershaw Estate.
(d) He worries Damerel will steal Venetia's heart.
14. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She is touched.
(d) She cries with relief.
15. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
(a) Yardley's flirtatiousness.
(b) Yardley's confidence.
(c) Yardley's fashion sense.
(d) Yardley's frankness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
2. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
3. What does Venetia note to Oswald about his father.
4. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
5. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)