|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
(a) His treatment of Sophie.
(b) His lack of a sense of humor.
(c) His neglect of his estate.
(d) His flirting with her daughters.
2. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
(a) Her lack of an attendant.
(b) Her manner of dress.
(c) Her family.
(d) Picking fruit on his property.
3. Who does Venetia tell about her encounter with Lord Damerel ?
(b) No one.
(c) Mrs. Priddy.
4. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She is touched.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She cries with relief.
5. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
(a) In code.
(b) In rhyme.
6. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
(a) Scolds her.
(b) Offers her his horse.
(c) Orders her home.
(d) Kisses her.
7. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She is too stupid.
(d) She is too innocent.
8. Who is Damerel?
(a) A Duke.
(b) A Baron.
(c) A Lord.
(d) An Earl.
9. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
(a) He asks him to fetch medicine from the village.
(b) He implies that Venetia will be leaving.
(c) He asks him to go.
(d) He offers him lunch.
10. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
11. What does Venetia decide to pick in Chapter 2?
12. What do Venetia and Damerel talk about in the garden in Chapter 6?
(a) Their fathers.
(b) Aubrey's travels.
(d) Life in the village.
13. How does Venetia feel when she awakes in Chapter 5?
14. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
(a) That his mother should counsel Venetia about propriety.
(b) Damerel, Venetia and Aubrey are too comfortable together.
(c) He should work with Yardley to get rid of Damerel.
(d) His chances are good for winning Venetia's heart.
15. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
(a) He gossiped about her in the village.
(b) He insulted her.
(c) He hasn't tried to contact her.
(d) For his behavior toward Mrs. Denny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
2. Where does Oswald see Venetia climb a ladder?
3. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
4. What is one of Lady Denny's daughter's named?
5. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)