|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Venetia tell about her encounter with Lord Damerel ?
(a) Mrs. Priddy.
(d) No one.
2. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
(a) That Oswald is stealing from Venetia's family.
(b) That he will acquire Venetia's family home.
(c) That he can get Venetia to marry his son.
(d) That Venetia will marry him.
3. What does Oswald talk about often?
(a) Medical studies.
(c) Changes he will make to his father's estate.
(d) The places he has been.
4. Why does Venetia stop going to the Priory in Chapter 8?
(a) She and Damerel have a disagreement.
(b) Bad weather moves in.
(c) Mrs. Denny advises against it.
(d) Aubrey returns home.
5. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
(b) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
(c) He did not come home for lunch.
(d) His dog returns alone.
6. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
(a) Expecting Conway to return.
(b) Wearing men's clothes.
(c) Inviting Oswald over.
(d) Wandering without a chaperone.
7. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
(a) The dining room.
(b) Back home.
(c) Into the garden.
(d) To the lavatory.
8. Who is with Damerel when they encounter Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
9. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
10. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
(a) The summer festival.
(b) The hot weather.
(c) Lord Damerel's return.
(d) The vicar's death.
11. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
(a) Sir John.
(b) Sir Samuel.
(c) Sir David.
(d) Sir Charles.
12. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
(a) Yardley's frankness.
(b) Yardley's flirtatiousness.
(c) Yardley's fashion sense.
(d) Yardley's confidence.
13. How long does Aubrey stay at the Priory?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Eight days.
14. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
(a) When she turns thirty.
(b) When Aubrey goes to Oxford.
(c) When Conway returns.
(d) After he gets rid of Oswald.
15. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
(a) Hit Damerel in the face.
(b) Had Damerel arrested.
(c) Hugged Damerel.
(d) Kicked Damerel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Aubrey have?
2. What did Mrs. Priddy once tell Venetia about her mother?
3. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
4. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
5. What is one of the things Aubrey and Damerel discussed while Venetia was away?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)