|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
(a) By saying he respected Aubrey's father.
(b) By offering Aubrey free use of his library.
(c) By speaking well of Venetia.
(d) By treating him like a normal boy.
2. Whom does Oswald dislike?
(a) Crippled people.
(c) The aristocracy.
3. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
(b) Mrs. Priddy.
(c) Mrs. Denny.
4. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
(a) That Yardley is there to cause trouble.
(b) That Yardley is Mrs. Priddy's son.
(c) That Yardley is a friend to Aubrey.
(d) That Yardley was a friend of Venetia's father.
5. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
(a) On business.
(b) To recuperate from an injury.
(c) To entertain guests.
(d) So he could meet her.
6. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
7. What does Damerel tell Venetia about Lady Sophie in Chapter 6?
(a) That Lady Sophia is dead.
(b) That Lady Sophia jilted him.
(c) That Lady Sophia is Venetia's cousin.
(d) That he and Lady Sophia have a daughter.
8. What word describes Venetia's life so far?
9. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
(a) It gives him a chance to test out his homemade remedies.
(b) It gives him an excuse to contact Venetia.
(c) He dislikes Aubrey.
(d) He hopes it will cause Aubrey to become more cautious.
10. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
(a) Sir David.
(b) Sir Samuel.
(c) Sir John.
(d) Sir Charles.
11. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His dog returns alone.
(b) He did not come home for lunch.
(c) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
(d) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
12. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
(a) Inviting Oswald over.
(b) Expecting Conway to return.
(c) Wearing men's clothes.
(d) Wandering without a chaperone.
13. Who did Damerel initially think Venetia was?
(a) One of his maids.
(b) A young man.
(c) A pauper.
(d) His cousin.
14. How does Lady Denny act toward Lord Damerel?
15. What is the name of Venetia's family estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia say that shocks people?
2. How long does Aubrey stay at the Priory?
3. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
4. What does Venetia decide to pick in Chapter 2?
5. What does Oswald tell Venetia he is fearful of?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)