|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
(a) To retrieve a book.
(b) To pick apples.
(c) To reach a box.
(d) To save some kittens.
2. Who did Damerel initially think Venetia was?
(a) A pauper.
(b) One of his maids.
(c) His cousin.
(d) A young man.
3. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
(a) Damerel, Venetia and Aubrey are too comfortable together.
(b) His chances are good for winning Venetia's heart.
(c) That his mother should counsel Venetia about propriety.
(d) He should work with Yardley to get rid of Damerel.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
(a) Hit Damerel in the face.
(b) Kicked Damerel.
(c) Hugged Damerel.
(d) Had Damerel arrested.
5. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
(a) When Conway returns.
(b) When Aubrey goes to Oxford.
(c) After he gets rid of Oswald.
(d) When she turns thirty.
6. How does Lady Denny act toward Lord Damerel?
7. What kind of dog does Aubrey have?
(a) A Terrier.
(b) A Beagle.
(c) A Spaniel.
(d) A Boxer.
8. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
(a) That he doubts Aubrey's intelligence.
(b) That he takes a drink without being offered one.
(c) That he speaks to Venetia rudely.
(d) That he assumes authority when he has none.
9. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He falls down some stairs.
(b) He develops a high fever.
(c) He gets lost in the woods.
(d) He falls from a horse.
10. What word did Venetia use to describe Yardley to Damerel?
11. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
(a) On business.
(b) To recuperate from an injury.
(c) To entertain guests.
(d) So he could meet her.
12. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He will soon leave his estate again.
(b) He saw Conway in the village.
(c) He never wants to see Venetia again.
(d) He will stay longer than planned.
13. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
(b) Mrs. Priddy.
(d) Mrs. Denny.
14. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
(a) By suggesting they were old maids.
(b) By not speaking to them.
(c) By calling them children.
(d) By scolding them.
15. What is one of the things Aubrey and Damerel discussed while Venetia was away?
(a) The latest operas in London.
(b) Mrs. Priddy's dislike for Damerel.
(c) Damerel's last love affair.
(d) Aubrey's father's hunting skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
2. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
3. What does Venetia decide to pick in Chapter 2?
4. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
5. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)