|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
(a) Offers her his horse.
(b) Orders her home.
(c) Scolds her.
(d) Kisses her.
2. Who is Damerel?
(a) An Earl.
(b) A Baron.
(c) A Lord.
(d) A Duke.
3. What does Venetia intend to do with her inheritance?
(a) Donate it to charity.
(c) Set up her own house.
(d) Open a shop in London.
4. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
(a) He hasn't tried to contact her.
(b) He insulted her.
(c) He gossiped about her in the village.
(d) For his behavior toward Mrs. Denny.
5. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her lack of an attendant.
(c) Her manner of dress.
(d) Picking fruit on his property.
6. How does Yardley speak to Venetia in in Chapter 3?
(a) As though he's speaking to a child.
(b) As though she can't understand English.
(c) As though she cannot hear.
(d) Like an army commander.
7. What does Venetia get tangled in during Chapter 2?
(b) Rose bushes.
(c) A spider web.
8. What is Clara Denny's opinion of Yardley?
(a) She thinks he is strange and disturbed.
(b) She thinks he is clever and funny.
(c) She thinks he is handsome, but dimwitted.
(d) She thinks he is pushy and rude.
9. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
(a) As anxious.
(b) As compassionate.
(c) As slow-witted.
(d) As stubborn.
10. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Having to visit with Yardley.
(b) The complaints of her staff.
(c) Her stuffy bedroom.
(d) A boring conversation with Aubrey.
11. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Nineteen years old.
(b) Twenty-five years old.
(c) Twenty-eight years old
(d) Twenty-one years old.
12. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
(a) He asks him to go.
(b) He implies that Venetia will be leaving.
(c) He offers him lunch.
(d) He asks him to fetch medicine from the village.
13. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
(a) Lady Denny.
(b) Lady Duke.
(c) Lady Dunstan.
(d) Lady Donnel.
14. In what manner do Damerel and Venetia speak to each other in Chapter 2?
(a) In French.
(b) In rhymes.
(c) Using lyrics from songs.
(d) Using famous quotes.
15. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
(a) On business.
(b) So he could meet her.
(c) To recuperate from an injury.
(d) To entertain guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
2. What does Venetia intend to make with what she picks in Chapter 2?
3. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
4. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
5. What does Venetia refuse to change her behavior just to avoid?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)