|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He never wants to see Venetia again.
(b) He will stay longer than planned.
(c) He will soon leave his estate again.
(d) He saw Conway in the village.
2. What word did Venetia use to describe Yardley to Damerel?
3. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
(a) Back home.
(b) Into the garden.
(c) To the lavatory.
(d) The dining room.
4. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
(b) Mrs. Priddy.
(c) Mrs. Denny.
5. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
(a) Lady Denny.
(b) Lady Donnel.
(c) Lady Dunstan.
(d) Lady Duke.
6. What does Damerel tell Venetia about Lady Sophie in Chapter 6?
(a) That Lady Sophia jilted him.
(b) That he and Lady Sophia have a daughter.
(c) That Lady Sophia is dead.
(d) That Lady Sophia is Venetia's cousin.
7. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
(b) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
(c) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
(d) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
8. What does Venetia notice about Damerel?
(a) He is old.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He is disfigured.
(d) He is sickly.
9. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
(a) Yardley's frankness.
(b) Yardley's confidence.
(c) Yardley's fashion sense.
(d) Yardley's flirtatiousness.
10. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
(a) That he will acquire Venetia's family home.
(b) That he can get Venetia to marry his son.
(c) That Venetia will marry him.
(d) That Oswald is stealing from Venetia's family.
11. In what manner do Damerel and Venetia speak to each other in Chapter 2?
(a) In French.
(b) Using lyrics from songs.
(c) In rhymes.
(d) Using famous quotes.
12. What does Venetia bring with her to the Priory in Chapter 5?
13. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
(a) That Yardley was a friend of Venetia's father.
(b) That Yardley is Mrs. Priddy's son.
(c) That Yardley is there to cause trouble.
(d) That Yardley is a friend to Aubrey.
14. How many times in her life has Venetia met Damerel?
(a) Many times.
(c) Five or six times.
15. What word describes Venetia's life so far?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald tell Venetia he is fearful of?
2. What do Venetia and Damerel talk about in the garden in Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of Venetia's family estate?
4. Who did Damerel initially think Venetia was?
5. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)