|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dog does Aubrey have?
(a) A Terrier.
(b) A Beagle.
(c) A Spaniel.
(d) A Boxer.
2. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
(a) Lady Denny.
(b) Lady Donnel.
(c) Lady Dunstan.
(d) Lady Duke.
3. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
(a) She is touched.
(b) She cries with relief.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) She laughs.
4. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
5. Who does Venetia tell about her encounter with Lord Damerel ?
(b) Mrs. Priddy.
(c) No one.
6. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
(a) To pick apples.
(b) To save some kittens.
(c) To reach a box.
(d) To retrieve a book.
7. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
(a) When she turns thirty.
(b) After he gets rid of Oswald.
(c) When Aubrey goes to Oxford.
(d) When Conway returns.
8. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He falls from a horse.
(b) He gets lost in the woods.
(c) He falls down some stairs.
(d) He develops a high fever.
9. What does Venetia intend to make with what she picks in Chapter 2?
(b) Upside-down cake.
10. Whom does Oswald dislike?
(c) Crippled people.
(d) The aristocracy.
11. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
(a) In code.
(c) In rhyme.
12. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
(a) Lord Damerel's return.
(b) The hot weather.
(c) The summer festival.
(d) The vicar's death.
13. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
(a) To sell the estate.
(b) To attend a funeral.
(c) To see friends.
(d) To escape his aunts.
14. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) A boring conversation with Aubrey.
(b) Having to visit with Yardley.
(c) Her stuffy bedroom.
(d) The complaints of her staff.
15. What does Aubrey value which Venetia doesn't want to trespass on in Chapter 4?
(a) His independence.
(b) His exercise.
(c) His religious beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yardley speak to Venetia in in Chapter 3?
2. What do Venetia and Damerel talk about in the garden in Chapter 6?
3. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
4. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
5. How does Oswald view Damerel in Chapter 8?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)