|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
(a) A beau.
(b) An enemy.
(c) A friend.
(d) A rival.
2. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
(a) On business.
(b) To recuperate from an injury.
(c) To entertain guests.
(d) So he could meet her.
3. What does Damerel scold Aubrey for in Chapter 4?
(a) Riding a horse.
(b) Not using good judgment.
(c) Going out in bad weather.
(d) Trespassing on his estate.
4. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
(a) With shock.
(b) With sarcastic replies.
(c) With irritation.
(d) With good manners.
5. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
(a) Picking fruit on his property.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her lack of an attendant.
(d) Her manner of dress.
6. Who does Venetia think would be jealous of Damerel?
(b) Her father.
7. What is one of Lady Denny's daughter's named?
8. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
(a) That Yardley is Mrs. Priddy's son.
(b) That Yardley is there to cause trouble.
(c) That Yardley was a friend of Venetia's father.
(d) That Yardley is a friend to Aubrey.
9. How did Damerel feel after his affair with Lady Sophia?
10. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
(a) That Venetia will marry him.
(b) That Oswald is stealing from Venetia's family.
(c) That he will acquire Venetia's family home.
(d) That he can get Venetia to marry his son.
11. What is Clara Denny's opinion of Yardley?
(a) She thinks he is pushy and rude.
(b) She thinks he is clever and funny.
(c) She thinks he is strange and disturbed.
(d) She thinks he is handsome, but dimwitted.
12. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
(a) Lady Duke.
(b) Lady Donnel.
(c) Lady Denny.
(d) Lady Dunstan.
13. How does Venetia feel when she awakes in Chapter 5?
14. What does Venetia note to Oswald about his father.
(a) That he has someone else he wants Oswald to marry.
(b) That he will probably leave Oswald penniless.
(c) That he told her to refuse Oswald's proposals.
(d) That his father is deeply in debt to her family.
15. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
(a) It gives him a chance to test out his homemade remedies.
(b) He dislikes Aubrey.
(c) It gives him an excuse to contact Venetia.
(d) He hopes it will cause Aubrey to become more cautious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Aubrey's dog?
2. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
3. What does Damerel tell Venetia about Lady Sophie in Chapter 6?
4. What is the name of Venetia's nurse?
5. How does Lady Denny act toward Lord Damerel?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)