|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Damerel when they encounter Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Where does Venetia head to pick fruit in Chapter 2?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) The Priory.
(c) Just outside the village.
(d) The riverbank.
3. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
(a) It gives him a chance to test out his homemade remedies.
(b) He dislikes Aubrey.
(c) He hopes it will cause Aubrey to become more cautious.
(d) It gives him an excuse to contact Venetia.
4. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
(a) By offering Aubrey free use of his library.
(b) By treating him like a normal boy.
(c) By speaking well of Venetia.
(d) By saying he respected Aubrey's father.
5. What word describes Venetia's life so far?
6. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
(a) He asks him to go.
(b) He asks him to fetch medicine from the village.
(c) He offers him lunch.
(d) He implies that Venetia will be leaving.
7. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
(a) The woman Lord Damerel ran off with.
(b) Venetia's neighbor.
(c) Venetia's aunt.
(d) Damerel's head housekeeper.
8. What does Lady Denny's husband do to her dismay in Chapter 3?
(a) Travels to London without her.
(b) Arranges a marriage for her daughter.
(c) Refuses to host a party in their house.
(d) Invites Damerel into their home.
9. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
(a) Hugged Damerel.
(b) Kicked Damerel.
(c) Had Damerel arrested.
(d) Hit Damerel in the face.
10. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
(a) A London coming out.
(b) A baptism.
(c) Birthday parties.
(d) An education.
11. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
(b) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
(c) His dog returns alone.
(d) He did not come home for lunch.
12. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
(a) By calling them children.
(b) By scolding them.
(c) By not speaking to them.
(d) By suggesting they were old maids.
13. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
(a) Damerel, Venetia and Aubrey are too comfortable together.
(b) His chances are good for winning Venetia's heart.
(c) That his mother should counsel Venetia about propriety.
(d) He should work with Yardley to get rid of Damerel.
14. In what manner do Damerel and Venetia speak to each other in Chapter 2?
(a) Using famous quotes.
(b) In French.
(c) Using lyrics from songs.
(d) In rhymes.
15. What does Oswald tell Venetia he is fearful of?
(a) Venetia having her heart broken.
(b) Damerel absconding with Venetia's inheritance.
(c) What Yardley will do if he gets jealous.
(d) Damerel behaving inappropriately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
2. What is one of the things Aubrey and Damerel discussed while Venetia was away?
3. What does Venetia get tangled in during Chapter 2?
4. Why does Venetia stop going to the Priory in Chapter 8?
5. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)