|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
(a) She is distrustful of Damerel.
(b) She thinks Damerel is a soundrel.
(c) She is indifferent toward Damerel.
(d) She holds Damerel in high regard.
2. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
(a) His chances are good for winning Venetia's heart.
(b) Damerel, Venetia and Aubrey are too comfortable together.
(c) He should work with Yardley to get rid of Damerel.
(d) That his mother should counsel Venetia about propriety.
3. What does Venetia get tangled in during Chapter 2?
(a) Rose bushes.
(c) A spider web.
4. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
(a) Birthday parties.
(b) An education.
(c) A baptism.
(d) A London coming out.
5. What does Lady Denny's husband do to her dismay in Chapter 3?
(a) Arranges a marriage for her daughter.
(b) Refuses to host a party in their house.
(c) Travels to London without her.
(d) Invites Damerel into their home.
6. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Her stuffy bedroom.
(b) The complaints of her staff.
(c) Having to visit with Yardley.
(d) A boring conversation with Aubrey.
7. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
8. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
(a) On business.
(b) So he could meet her.
(c) To entertain guests.
(d) To recuperate from an injury.
9. What word describes Venetia's life so far?
10. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
(a) Damerel's head housekeeper.
(b) The woman Lord Damerel ran off with.
(c) Venetia's neighbor.
(d) Venetia's aunt.
11. How does Yardley speak to Venetia in in Chapter 3?
(a) As though she cannot hear.
(b) As though she can't understand English.
(c) As though he's speaking to a child.
(d) Like an army commander.
12. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
(a) He gossiped about her in the village.
(b) For his behavior toward Mrs. Denny.
(c) He insulted her.
(d) He hasn't tried to contact her.
13. Who is with Damerel when they encounter Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
14. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
(a) In code.
(d) In rhyme.
15. What is one of Lady Denny's daughter's named?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Damerel?
2. What does Venetia notice about Damerel?
3. What is Clara Denny's opinion of Yardley?
4. What does Damerel tell Venetia about Lady Sophie in Chapter 6?
5. Where does Venetia head to pick fruit in Chapter 2?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)