|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does NOT worry about the propriety of Venetia's visits to the Priory in Chapter 7?
(d) Lady Denny.
2. Who is the author of "Venetia"?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Georgette Heyer.
(c) Victoria Holt.
(d) Anya Seton.
3. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
(a) An education.
(b) A baptism.
(c) A London coming out.
(d) Birthday parties.
4. Who is Aubrey?
(a) Venetia's cousin.
(b) Venetia's brother.
(c) Venetia's father.
(d) Venetia's servant.
5. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
(a) As stubborn.
(b) As compassionate.
(c) As anxious.
(d) As slow-witted.
6. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
(a) She is indifferent toward Damerel.
(b) She thinks Damerel is a soundrel.
(c) She is distrustful of Damerel.
(d) She holds Damerel in high regard.
7. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Having to visit with Yardley.
(b) Her stuffy bedroom.
(c) A boring conversation with Aubrey.
(d) The complaints of her staff.
8. How long does Aubrey stay at the Priory?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Three days.
9. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
(a) Kicked Damerel.
(b) Had Damerel arrested.
(c) Hugged Damerel.
(d) Hit Damerel in the face.
10. In Chapter 2, what are society ladies said not to have done?
(a) Gone out without an attendant.
(b) Picked fruit.
(c) Dressed in unfashionable clothes.
(d) Spoken to strange men.
11. What do Venetia and Damerel talk about in the garden in Chapter 6?
(a) Life in the village.
(b) Aubrey's travels.
(c) Their fathers.
12. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
(a) He worries there will be gossip about Damerel and Venetia.
(b) He worries Damerel will steal Venetia's heart.
(c) He worries Damerel will attack Aubrey.
(d) He worries Damerel will buy the Undershaw Estate.
13. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
(a) So he could meet her.
(b) On business.
(c) To entertain guests.
(d) To recuperate from an injury.
14. Who is with Damerel when they encounter Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
15. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
(b) In rhyme.
(d) In code.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venetia stop going to the Priory in Chapter 8?
2. How does Oswald view Damerel in Chapter 8?
3. What does Venetia refuse to change her behavior just to avoid?
4. Who does Venetia think would be jealous of Damerel?
5. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)