|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
(a) On business.
(b) So he could meet her.
(c) To entertain guests.
(d) To recuperate from an injury.
2. Who is Aubrey?
(a) Venetia's father.
(b) Venetia's cousin.
(c) Venetia's brother.
(d) Venetia's servant.
3. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
(a) In code.
(d) In rhyme.
4. Why does Venetia's elder brother leave home frequently?
(a) He finds the home uncomfortable.
(b) He travels for business.
(c) He is in the military.
(d) He is searching for his mother.
5. Who did Damerel initially think Venetia was?
(a) A pauper.
(b) His cousin.
(c) One of his maids.
(d) A young man.
6. Where does Venetia head to pick fruit in Chapter 2?
(a) The Priory.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) The riverbank.
(d) Just outside the village.
7. What does Aubrey value which Venetia doesn't want to trespass on in Chapter 4?
(a) His exercise.
(b) His religious beliefs.
(c) His independence.
8. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
(a) His chances are good for winning Venetia's heart.
(b) He should work with Yardley to get rid of Damerel.
(c) That his mother should counsel Venetia about propriety.
(d) Damerel, Venetia and Aubrey are too comfortable together.
9. What does Damerel scold Aubrey for in Chapter 4?
(a) Riding a horse.
(b) Trespassing on his estate.
(c) Not using good judgment.
(d) Going out in bad weather.
10. What does Venetia refuse to change her behavior just to avoid?
(d) Angering others.
11. What is the name of Venetia's family estate?
12. What does Venetia note to Oswald about his father.
(a) That he has someone else he wants Oswald to marry.
(b) That he told her to refuse Oswald's proposals.
(c) That his father is deeply in debt to her family.
(d) That he will probably leave Oswald penniless.
13. What does Venetia decide to pick in Chapter 2?
14. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
(a) His treatment of Sophie.
(b) His neglect of his estate.
(c) His flirting with her daughters.
(d) His lack of a sense of humor.
15. What does Oswald talk about often?
(a) The places he has been.
(c) Medical studies.
(d) Changes he will make to his father's estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia notice about Damerel?
2. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
3. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
4. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
5. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)