Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia say that shocks people?
(a) That she caused her father's death.
(b) That her mother is alive.
(c) That she doesn't miss her father.
(d) That her father haunts the family house.
2. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
3. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
(b) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
(c) His dog returns alone.
(d) He did not come home for lunch.
4. How many times in her life has Venetia met Damerel?
(a) Five or six times.
(b) Many times.
5. What is the name of Venetia's family estate?
6. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
(a) Birthday parties.
(b) A baptism.
(c) A London coming out.
(d) An education.
7. Who does NOT worry about the propriety of Venetia's visits to the Priory in Chapter 7?
(c) Lady Denny.
8. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
(a) Sir Charles.
(b) Sir John.
(c) Sir Samuel.
(d) Sir David.
9. Who did Damerel initially think Venetia was?
(a) His cousin.
(b) One of his maids.
(c) A young man.
(d) A pauper.
10. Who does Venetia tell about her encounter with Lord Damerel ?
(a) Mrs. Priddy.
(b) No one.
11. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
(a) As compassionate.
(b) As anxious.
(c) As slow-witted.
(d) As stubborn.
12. Who is with Damerel when they encounter Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
13. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
(a) Venetia's aunt.
(b) Damerel's head housekeeper.
(c) Venetia's neighbor.
(d) The woman Lord Damerel ran off with.
14. What does Venetia bring with her to the Priory in Chapter 5?
15. What does Oswald hear as he wanders around Undershaw?
(a) Hunting calls.
(c) Damerel shouting.
(d) Venetia's laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
2. In what manner do Damerel and Venetia speak to each other in Chapter 2?
3. What does Lady Denny's husband do to her dismay in Chapter 3?
4. What did Mrs. Priddy once tell Venetia about her mother?
5. What word describes Venetia's life so far?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)