|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
(a) Inviting Oswald over.
(b) Wearing men's clothes.
(c) Wandering without a chaperone.
(d) Expecting Conway to return.
2. How long does Aubrey stay at the Priory?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
3. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
(a) As stubborn.
(b) As anxious.
(c) As compassionate.
(d) As slow-witted.
4. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Twenty-eight years old
(b) Twenty-one years old.
(c) Twenty-five years old.
(d) Nineteen years old.
5. What does Aubrey value which Venetia doesn't want to trespass on in Chapter 4?
(a) His independence.
(b) His exercise.
(d) His religious beliefs.
6. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
(a) He implies that Venetia will be leaving.
(b) He asks him to fetch medicine from the village.
(c) He asks him to go.
(d) He offers him lunch.
7. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
(a) Sir Samuel.
(b) Sir John.
(c) Sir David.
(d) Sir Charles.
8. What kind of dog does Aubrey have?
(a) A Spaniel.
(b) A Beagle.
(c) A Terrier.
(d) A Boxer.
9. What does Venetia do before going to pick fruit?
(a) Brushes her hair.
(b) Changes her clothes.
(c) Invites her nurse along.
(d) Packs a snack.
10. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
(a) Mrs. Denny.
(b) Mrs. Priddy.
11. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
12. In what manner do Damerel and Venetia speak to each other in Chapter 2?
(a) In French.
(b) Using lyrics from songs.
(c) In rhymes.
(d) Using famous quotes.
13. What is one of Lady Denny's daughter's named?
14. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
(a) He hasn't tried to contact her.
(b) For his behavior toward Mrs. Denny.
(c) He gossiped about her in the village.
(d) He insulted her.
15. What does Oswald hear as he wanders around Undershaw?
(a) Damerel shouting.
(b) Hunting calls.
(d) Venetia's laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
2. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
3. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
5. How does Lady Denny act toward Lord Damerel?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)