|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
(a) He implies that Venetia will be leaving.
(b) He asks him to go.
(c) He asks him to fetch medicine from the village.
(d) He offers him lunch.
2. What does Oswald tell Venetia he is fearful of?
(a) What Yardley will do if he gets jealous.
(b) Damerel behaving inappropriately.
(c) Damerel absconding with Venetia's inheritance.
(d) Venetia having her heart broken.
3. What does Venetia decide to pick in Chapter 2?
4. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Twenty-one years old.
(b) Twenty-five years old.
(c) Twenty-eight years old
(d) Nineteen years old.
5. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
(a) She is indifferent toward Damerel.
(b) She is distrustful of Damerel.
(c) She holds Damerel in high regard.
(d) She thinks Damerel is a soundrel.
6. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
(a) Venetia's aunt.
(b) Venetia's neighbor.
(c) The woman Lord Damerel ran off with.
(d) Damerel's head housekeeper.
7. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
(b) His dog returns alone.
(c) He did not come home for lunch.
(d) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
8. What does Venetia intend to make with what she picks in Chapter 2?
(c) Upside-down cake.
9. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
(a) He dislikes Aubrey.
(b) It gives him a chance to test out his homemade remedies.
(c) He hopes it will cause Aubrey to become more cautious.
(d) It gives him an excuse to contact Venetia.
10. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
(a) In code.
(c) In rhyme.
11. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
(a) When she turns thirty.
(b) After he gets rid of Oswald.
(c) When Aubrey goes to Oxford.
(d) When Conway returns.
12. What do Venetia and Damerel talk about in the garden in Chapter 6?
(a) Aubrey's travels.
(b) Life in the village.
(c) Their fathers.
13. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
14. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Her stuffy bedroom.
(b) The complaints of her staff.
(c) Having to visit with Yardley.
(d) A boring conversation with Aubrey.
15. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
(a) Inviting Oswald over.
(b) Wandering without a chaperone.
(c) Wearing men's clothes.
(d) Expecting Conway to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Oswald see Venetia climb a ladder?
2. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
3. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
4. How long does Aubrey stay at the Priory?
5. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)