|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip inform Mrs. Scorrier of in Chapter 15?
(a) That Conway has a gambling problem.
(b) That Charlotte has no legal rights at Undershaw.
(c) That the family fortune is gone.
(d) That a portion of the estate land is to be sold.
2. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
(b) Mrs. Denny.
(c) Mrs. Priddy.
3. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
(a) She holds Damerel in high regard.
(b) She is distrustful of Damerel.
(c) She thinks Damerel is a soundrel.
(d) She is indifferent toward Damerel.
4. What does Lady Steeple tell Venetia that she never wanted in Chapter 19?
(a) To get married.
(c) A career.
(d) To live in the country.
5. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Hendred, why must Venetia not meet with the striking woman in Chapter 18?
2. What does Venetia notice about Damerel?
3. What does Venetia intend to do with her inheritance?
4. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
5. How does Damerel react to the news that Venetia plans to set up a house for herself?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)