|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Venetia react to Mrs. Scorrier's attempt to make amends?
(a) She hugs Mrs. Scorrier.
(b) She rolls her eyes.
(c) She makes short replies.
(d) She smiles sweetly.
2. What does Venetia realize about Damerel's feelings in Chapter 17?
(a) That he was never interested in her romantically.
(b) That she mistook his proposal as teasing.
(c) That he is still in love with Lady Sophia.
(d) That he gave her up for the sake of a scruple.
3. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
(a) By treating him like a normal boy.
(b) By speaking well of Venetia.
(c) By offering Aubrey free use of his library.
(d) By saying he respected Aubrey's father.
4. What do the dog that angers Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte have in common?
(a) They are both named after royalty.
(b) They are both blue-eyed.
(c) They both like to eat carrots.
(d) They are both pregnant.
5. What does Oswald hear as he wanders around Undershaw?
(b) Damerel shouting.
(c) Hunting calls.
(d) Venetia's laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
2. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
3. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does Venetia get tangled in during Chapter 2?
5. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)