|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip ask Venetia not to do in Chapter 21?
(a) Become a spinster.
(b) Forget about her mother.
(c) Marry Damerel.
(d) Move to America.
2. Who is Sir Lambert?
(a) Lady Steeple's husband.
(b) An acquaintance of Venetia's uncle.
(c) A politician.
(d) Venetia's latest suitor.
3. What does Philip inform Mrs. Scorrier of in Chapter 15?
(a) That the family fortune is gone.
(b) That Charlotte has no legal rights at Undershaw.
(c) That Conway has a gambling problem.
(d) That a portion of the estate land is to be sold.
4. What does Venetia finally agree with Mrs. Hendred about in Chapter 18?
(a) That Aubrey is better off on his own.
(b) That she should give up on Damerel.
(c) That it wouldn't do for her to take up house.
(d) That Yardley is a good match for her.
5. What does Venetia hope for while walking with Sir Lambert down the street in Chapter 19?
(a) That someone will rescue her.
(b) That someone will still want to marry her.
(c) That someone will mistake them for a couple.
(d) That someone will gossip about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
2. What does Venetia get tangled in during Chapter 2?
3. What does Mrs. Scorrier demand of Venetia in Chapter 13?
4. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
5. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)