|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Venetia and Lady Steeple talk about when they meet for the first time?
(b) The London parties.
(c) Venetia's childhood.
(d) Venetia's financial situation.
2. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
(a) To pick apples.
(b) To retrieve a book.
(c) To reach a box.
(d) To save some kittens.
3. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
(a) She genuinely likes Venetia.
(b) She wants Venetia to return to run the estate.
(c) She doesn't want people to think she chased Venetia out of her home.
(d) She realizes Venetia will marry a powerful man.
4. What does Venetia set out to find on the morning after she finds out about her mother?
(a) Her mother's hotel.
(b) Her father's grave site.
(c) Her brother's barracks.
(d) Her birth certificate.
5. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
(a) That he assumes authority when he has none.
(b) That he doubts Aubrey's intelligence.
(c) That he takes a drink without being offered one.
(d) That he speaks to Venetia rudely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venetia visit a neighbor in Chapter 15?
2. What does Venetia try to come up with a plan to do in Chapter 18?
3. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
4. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
5. How did Aubrey hear about his mother's existence?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)