|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times in her life has Venetia met Damerel?
(a) Five or six times.
(b) Many times.
2. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
(a) By saying he respected Aubrey's father.
(b) By speaking well of Venetia.
(c) By treating him like a normal boy.
(d) By offering Aubrey free use of his library.
3. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
(b) He did not come home for lunch.
(c) His dog returns alone.
(d) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
4. Who is the striking woman who Venetia saw in Chapter 18?
(a) Damerel's former lover.
(b) Venetia's mother.
(c) A famous actress.
(d) A duchess.
5. What does Venetia finally agree with Mrs. Hendred about in Chapter 18?
(a) That she should give up on Damerel.
(b) That Yardley is a good match for her.
(c) That Aubrey is better off on his own.
(d) That it wouldn't do for her to take up house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
2. What is the name of the striking woman who Venetia sees in Chapter 18?
3. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
4. What does Mrs. Hendred think will change Venetia's mind about Yardley?
5. Where does Damerel take Aubrey in Chapter 10?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)