|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Hendred, why must Venetia not meet with the striking woman in Chapter 18?
(a) It would upset Damerel.
(b) It will ruin her reputation.
(c) It will only cause heart break.
(d) It could be dangerous.
2. According to Venetia, what does she have a time limit to do in Chapter 18?
(a) Raise money.
(b) Meet her mother.
(c) Find a husband.
(d) Come up with a plan.
3. Who does Venetia receive a lengthy letter from in Chapter 13?
(b) Her aunt.
4. What does Venetia realize about Damerel's feelings in Chapter 17?
(a) That he is still in love with Lady Sophia.
(b) That she mistook his proposal as teasing.
(c) That he was never interested in her romantically.
(d) That he gave her up for the sake of a scruple.
5. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
(a) To buy supplies in the village.
(b) To her room.
(c) To the Priory.
(d) To say goodbye to Aubrey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
2. What does Venetia do while Marston prepares food in Chapter 20?
3. What does Damerel finally do at the end of Chapter 21?
4. How does Venetia feel when she is busy in Chapter 16?
5. What do Venetia and Lady Steeple talk about when they meet for the first time?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)