|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hendred think about Yardley as possible husband for Venetia?
(a) She suspects he is penniless.
(b) She disapproves of his arrogance.
(c) She likes him. but doesn't think he's a good match for Venetia.
(d) She approves of and encourages him.
2. How does Venetia get to the Priory in Chapter 20?
(a) In a rowboat.
(b) On foot.
(c) On a wagon.
(d) A chaise.
3. What is the name of Aubrey's dog?
4. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
(a) He is too young.
(b) She doesn't want to move abroad.
(c) He is too headstrung.
(d) She is in love with someone else.
5. What does Venetia do at the Inn in Chapter 20?
(a) She speaks to some old friends.
(b) She cleans up.
(c) She does some sketching.
(d) She plays cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip ask Venetia not to do in Chapter 21?
2. In Chapter 2, what are society ladies said not to have done?
3. Why does Venetia stop going to the Priory in Chapter 8?
4. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
5. How did Damerel feel after his affair with Lady Sophia?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)