|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Damerel feel after his affair with Lady Sophia?
2. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
(a) Oswald's father.
(b) Damerel's actions with Venetia.
(c) Being away from London.
(d) Venetia's flirtatiousness.
3. What does Mrs. Hendred think about Yardley as possible husband for Venetia?
(a) She likes him. but doesn't think he's a good match for Venetia.
(b) She suspects he is penniless.
(c) She disapproves of his arrogance.
(d) She approves of and encourages him.
4. How is the restaurant that Yardley takes Mrs. Hendred and Venetia to in Chapter 18 described?
(a) As modern.
(b) As fancy.
(c) As shabby.
(d) As rustic.
5. How did Aubrey hear about his mother's existence?
(a) Through Conway.
(b) By doing some research.
(c) Through his father.
(d) In a newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Damerel react to the news that Venetia plans to set up a house for herself?
2. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
3. How does Venetia get to the Inn in her hometown in Chapter 20?
4. What does Oswald tell Venetia he is fearful of?
5. What does Mrs. Hendred think will change Venetia's mind about Yardley?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)