|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
(b) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
(c) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
(d) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
2. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
(a) An enemy.
(b) A friend.
(c) A beau.
(d) A rival.
3. Who owns the manor Venetia lives in?
4. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
(a) Venetia's aunt.
(b) Damerel's head housekeeper.
(c) The woman Lord Damerel ran off with.
(d) Venetia's neighbor.
5. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
(a) She is too stupid.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is too innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
2. Where does Oswald see Venetia climb a ladder?
3. Why does Lady Steeple breakdown in front of Venetia in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Venetia stop going to the Priory in Chapter 8?
5. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)