|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Steeple learn about Venetia that she finds horrible?
(a) That her father is dead.
(b) That she isn't married.
(c) That she was kicked out of her home.
(d) That she lived in isolation.
2. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
(a) He asks him to go.
(b) He asks him to fetch medicine from the village.
(c) He implies that Venetia will be leaving.
(d) He offers him lunch.
3. Who is Sir Lambert?
(a) Lady Steeple's husband.
(b) A politician.
(c) Venetia's latest suitor.
(d) An acquaintance of Venetia's uncle.
4. Where do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald?
(a) On a holiday to France.
(b) To a university.
(c) To a monastery.
(d) To stay with his Uncle.
5. What does Lady Steeple tell Venetia that she never wanted in Chapter 19?
(a) To live in the country.
(b) A career.
(d) To get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the striking woman who Venetia sees in Chapter 18?
3. How does Mrs. Hendred react to the restaurant in Chapter 18?
4. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
5. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)