|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Venetia think would be jealous of Damerel?
(d) Her father.
2. Why is Venetia unable to sleep during her London trip in Chapter 16?
(a) Her uncle snores loudly.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She can't stop thinking of Damerel.
(d) There is a thunderstorm.
3. What does Venetia tell her aunt at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) That she forgave her father.
(b) That she is going home.
(c) That she is already married.
(d) That her mother invited Venetia to live with her.
4. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
(a) That she lacks table manners.
(b) That she cannot dance.
(c) That she gossips.
(d) That she goes out without attendants.
5. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
(a) With irritation.
(b) With good manners.
(c) With shock.
(d) With sarcastic replies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Damerel react when Venetia arrives at the Priory in Chapter 20?
2. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
3. How did Aubrey hear about his mother's existence?
4. What does Damerel finally do at the end of Chapter 21?
5. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)