|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Denny worry about once she realizes that Venetia loves Damerel?
(a) That Venetia will run away to be with him.
(b) That they might marry.
(c) That Venetia will lose her inheritance.
(d) That Conway will disown her.
2. How many times in her life has Venetia met Damerel?
(a) Five or six times.
(d) Many times.
3. Why is Venetia unable to sleep during her London trip in Chapter 16?
(a) She is ill.
(b) Her uncle snores loudly.
(c) She can't stop thinking of Damerel.
(d) There is a thunderstorm.
4. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
(a) To attend a funeral.
(b) To sell the estate.
(c) To escape his aunts.
(d) To see friends.
5. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
(a) Damerel, Venetia and Aubrey are too comfortable together.
(b) That his mother should counsel Venetia about propriety.
(c) He should work with Yardley to get rid of Damerel.
(d) His chances are good for winning Venetia's heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venetia's elder brother leave home frequently?
2. What does Damerel tell Venetia about Lady Sophie in Chapter 6?
3. What does Venetia intend to make with what she picks in Chapter 2?
4. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
5. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)