|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marston?
(a) Oswald's friend.
(b) A squire.
(c) Damerel's servant.
(d) The vicar.
2. How does Aubrey respond when Mrs. Scorrier picks fights with him?
(a) He is more than happy to fight back.
(b) He storms out of the house.
(c) He politely agrees with her.
(d) He retreats to his bedroom.
3. Why does Aubrey's dog begin to bark in Chapter 14?
(a) Someone is lurking outside the window.
(b) Mrs. Scorrier hit the dog.
(c) Aubrey shouts at Mrs. Scorrier.
(d) Charlotte goes into labor.
4. Who does Venetia receive a lengthy letter from in Chapter 13?
(c) Her aunt.
5. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
(a) Mrs. Priddy.
(b) Mrs. Denny.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Denny act toward Lord Damerel?
2. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
3. What does Aubrey spend most of his time doing?
4. How does Venetia get to the Inn in her hometown in Chapter 20?
5. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)