|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia find that she enjoys doing in Chapter 16?
(a) Dressing up in new London styles.
(b) Attending the opera.
(c) Visiting art galleries.
(d) Going to tea houses.
2. Why does Mrs. Priddy dote on Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte and Mrs. Priddy are related.
(b) Charlotte is pregnant.
(c) Charlotte reminds Mrs. Priddy of her dead daughter.
(d) Charlotte is pretty.
3. How does Venetia react to Mrs. Scorrier's attempt to make amends?
(a) She smiles sweetly.
(b) She makes short replies.
(c) She rolls her eyes.
(d) She hugs Mrs. Scorrier.
4. What does Philip inform Mrs. Scorrier of in Chapter 15?
(a) That a portion of the estate land is to be sold.
(b) That the family fortune is gone.
(c) That Conway has a gambling problem.
(d) That Charlotte has no legal rights at Undershaw.
5. According to Venetia, what does she have a time limit to do in Chapter 18?
(a) Raise money.
(b) Come up with a plan.
(c) Meet her mother.
(d) Find a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia do before going to pick fruit?
2. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
3. What does Lady Steeple tell Venetia that she never wanted in Chapter 19?
4. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
5. What do the servants do when Mrs. Scorrier asks them to do anything?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)