|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fourteen and Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what manner is Damerel's letter to Venetia written?
(a) In code.
(c) In rhyme.
2. On their first meeting, what does Yardley decide Damerel must know?
(a) That he doesn't approve of Damerel.
(b) That Yardley will marry Venetia.
(c) That Aubrey is emotionally unstable.
(d) That the villiagers want Damerel to leave.
3. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is too stupid.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She is too innocent.
4. What does Damerel almost do after Oswald leaves in Chapter 9?
(b) Kisses Venetia.
(c) Trip over a rake.
(d) Slap Venetia.
5. Why does Venetia stop going to the Priory in Chapter 8?
(a) Bad weather moves in.
(b) She and Damerel have a disagreement.
(c) Mrs. Denny advises against it.
(d) Aubrey returns home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what manner do Damerel and Venetia speak to each other in Chapter 2?
2. Who does NOT worry about the propriety of Venetia's visits to the Priory in Chapter 7?
3. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
4. What is the name of Aubrey's dog?
5. Why does Venetia's elder brother leave home frequently?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)