|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fourteen and Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
(a) Yardley's frankness.
(b) Yardley's fashion sense.
(c) Yardley's flirtatiousness.
(d) Yardley's confidence.
2. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She is too innocent.
(c) She is too stupid.
(d) She is too young.
3. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
(a) She is in love with someone else.
(b) He is too headstrung.
(c) He is too young.
(d) She doesn't want to move abroad.
4. Where does Damerel suggest Aubrey go in Chapter 13?
(a) To stay with family in Londin.
(b) A hospital.
(c) Damerel's house.
(d) A monastery.
5. After speaking to Aubrey in Chapter 5, where does Venetia excuse herself to go?
(a) Into the garden.
(b) To the lavatory.
(c) The dining room.
(d) Back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
2. What does Oswald tell Venetia he is fearful of?
3. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
4. Who does Venetia receive a lengthy letter from in Chapter 13?
5. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)