|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fourteen and Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia get tangled in during Chapter 2?
(a) Rose bushes.
(b) A spider web.
2. Who first advises Venetia not to go see her ailing brother?
(a) Mrs. Priddy.
(d) Mrs. Denny.
3. What does Philip inform Mrs. Scorrier of in Chapter 15?
(a) That a portion of the estate land is to be sold.
(b) That Charlotte has no legal rights at Undershaw.
(c) That the family fortune is gone.
(d) That Conway has a gambling problem.
4. What word did Venetia use to describe Yardley to Damerel?
5. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
(a) Report him to the authorities.
(b) Break off their engagement.
(c) Tell his father what he did.
(d) Have Damerel challenge him to a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word describes Venetia's life so far?
2. Why does Venetia's elder brother leave home frequently?
3. Where does Mrs. Scorrier wish to have all of Aubrey's dogs kept?
4. What does Lady Denny's husband do to her dismay in Chapter 3?
5. Who is with Damerel when they encounter Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)