|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fourteen and Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
(a) He hasn't tried to contact her.
(b) He gossiped about her in the village.
(c) For his behavior toward Mrs. Denny.
(d) He insulted her.
2. Who does Venetia tell about her encounter with Lord Damerel ?
(a) No one.
(c) Mrs. Priddy.
3. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
(a) She wants Venetia to return to run the estate.
(b) She doesn't want people to think she chased Venetia out of her home.
(c) She genuinely likes Venetia.
(d) She realizes Venetia will marry a powerful man.
4. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Twenty-one years old.
(b) Twenty-five years old.
(c) Nineteen years old.
(d) Twenty-eight years old
5. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
(a) She is in love with someone else.
(b) She doesn't want to move abroad.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He is too headstrung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
2. What does Venetia intend to make with what she picks in Chapter 2?
3. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
4. In what manner do Damerel and Venetia speak to each other in Chapter 2?
5. What does Venetia note to Oswald about his father.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)