|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fourteen and Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
(a) She thinks Damerel is a soundrel.
(b) She is distrustful of Damerel.
(c) She holds Damerel in high regard.
(d) She is indifferent toward Damerel.
2. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
(a) That he takes a drink without being offered one.
(b) That he assumes authority when he has none.
(c) That he speaks to Venetia rudely.
(d) That he doubts Aubrey's intelligence.
3. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
(a) He worries there will be gossip about Damerel and Venetia.
(b) He worries Damerel will buy the Undershaw Estate.
(c) He worries Damerel will attack Aubrey.
(d) He worries Damerel will steal Venetia's heart.
4. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Nineteen years old.
(b) Twenty-one years old.
(c) Twenty-eight years old
(d) Twenty-five years old.
5. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
(a) A friend.
(b) A beau.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A rival.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
2. Why does Aubrey's dog begin to bark in Chapter 14?
3. How does Venetia feel when she awakes in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Venetia's elder brother leave home frequently?
5. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)