|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fourteen and Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Damerel?
(a) A Duke.
(b) A Lord.
(c) An Earl.
(d) A Baron.
2. Why does Venetia's uncle come to Undershaw in Chapter 15?
(a) To take Aubrey to college.
(b) To invite Venetia to go to London.
(c) To survey the Undershaw grounds.
(d) To announce a death in the family.
3. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
(a) She is too stupid.
(b) She is too innocent.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is a woman.
4. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
(a) His treatment of Sophie.
(b) His lack of a sense of humor.
(c) His neglect of his estate.
(d) His flirting with her daughters.
5. What do the servants do when Mrs. Scorrier asks them to do anything?
(a) Check for Charlotte's approval.
(b) Do the opposite.
(c) Laugh in her face.
(d) Check with Venetia first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
2. What is the name of Conway's new wife?
3. Why does Mrs. Priddy dote on Charlotte?
4. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
5. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)