|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fourteen and Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia do before going to pick fruit?
(a) Brushes her hair.
(b) Invites her nurse along.
(c) Packs a snack.
(d) Changes her clothes.
2. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
(a) To recuperate from an injury.
(b) So he could meet her.
(c) On business.
(d) To entertain guests.
3. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Twenty-five years old.
(b) Twenty-one years old.
(c) Twenty-eight years old
(d) Nineteen years old.
4. How does Damerel win Aubrey's good opinion?
(a) By speaking well of Venetia.
(b) By saying he respected Aubrey's father.
(c) By treating him like a normal boy.
(d) By offering Aubrey free use of his library.
5. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
(a) A friend.
(b) A rival.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A beau.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oswald view Damerel in Chapter 8?
2. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
3. What do Venetia and Damerel talk about in the garden in Chapter 6?
4. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
5. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)