|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fourteen and Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel scold Aubrey for in Chapter 4?
(a) Trespassing on his estate.
(b) Riding a horse.
(c) Going out in bad weather.
(d) Not using good judgment.
2. What does Yardley refer to as of "particular delicacy."
(a) The public opinion for Damerel.
(b) Venetia's social standing.
(c) Muscle injuries.
(d) Aubrey's emotional state.
3. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
(a) That he assumes authority when he has none.
(b) That he speaks to Venetia rudely.
(c) That he takes a drink without being offered one.
(d) That he doubts Aubrey's intelligence.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
(a) Hugged Damerel.
(b) Hit Damerel in the face.
(c) Kicked Damerel.
(d) Had Damerel arrested.
5. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She is too innocent.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is too stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
2. What does Venetia do before going to pick fruit?
3. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
4. According to Mrs. Scorrier, what does Charlotte have a horror of?
5. How does Venetia react to Mrs. Scorrier's attempt to make amends?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)