|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fourteen and Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
(a) Hugged Damerel.
(b) Hit Damerel in the face.
(c) Had Damerel arrested.
(d) Kicked Damerel.
2. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Twenty-eight years old
(b) Nineteen years old.
(c) Twenty-five years old.
(d) Twenty-one years old.
3. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He will stay longer than planned.
(b) He saw Conway in the village.
(c) He will soon leave his estate again.
(d) He never wants to see Venetia again.
4. What do the dog that angers Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte have in common?
(a) They both like to eat carrots.
(b) They are both named after royalty.
(c) They are both blue-eyed.
(d) They are both pregnant.
5. According to Mrs. Scorrier, what does Charlotte have a horror of?
(d) The dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia say that shocks people?
2. Where does Mrs. Scorrier wish to have all of Aubrey's dogs kept?
3. Where does Venetia head to pick fruit in Chapter 2?
4. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
5. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)