|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia refuse to change her behavior just to avoid?
(a) Angering others.
2. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Twenty-five years old.
(b) Twenty-one years old.
(c) Nineteen years old.
(d) Twenty-eight years old
3. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
(a) A London coming out.
(b) An education.
(c) Birthday parties.
(d) A baptism.
4. What is the name of Venetia's nurse?
(a) Mrs. Putney.
(b) Mrs. Portly.
(c) Mrs. Priddy.
(d) Mrs. Penny.
5. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
(a) Picking fruit on his property.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her manner of dress.
(d) Her lack of an attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Venetia"?
2. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What word describes Venetia's life so far?
4. What does Venetia do before going to pick fruit?
5. How many times in her life has Venetia met Damerel?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)