|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Venetia's elder brother leave home frequently?
(a) He finds the home uncomfortable.
(b) He travels for business.
(c) He is in the military.
(d) He is searching for his mother.
2. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Nineteen years old.
(b) Twenty-five years old.
(c) Twenty-eight years old
(d) Twenty-one years old.
3. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
(a) That he can get Venetia to marry his son.
(b) That Venetia will marry him.
(c) That Oswald is stealing from Venetia's family.
(d) That he will acquire Venetia's family home.
4. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
(a) Kisses her.
(b) Scolds her.
(c) Offers her his horse.
(d) Orders her home.
5. What does Venetia say that shocks people?
(a) That her mother is alive.
(b) That she doesn't miss her father.
(c) That she caused her father's death.
(d) That her father haunts the family house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oswald try to act around Venetia?
2. What does Venetia notice about Damerel?
3. What does Venetia intend to do with her inheritance?
4. How many times in her life has Venetia met Damerel?
5. What does Venetia do before going to pick fruit?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)