|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Venetia to feel depressed in Chapter 16?
(a) The sudden appearance of Yardley.
(b) A letter from Mrs. Denny.
(c) Having no female friends her own age.
(d) Thinking of Damerel.
2. Who is with Damerel when they encounter Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
(a) She doesn't want people to think she chased Venetia out of her home.
(b) She wants Venetia to return to run the estate.
(c) She realizes Venetia will marry a powerful man.
(d) She genuinely likes Venetia.
4. Who is Aubrey?
(a) Venetia's father.
(b) Venetia's cousin.
(c) Venetia's servant.
(d) Venetia's brother.
5. Where does Damerel suggest Aubrey go in Chapter 13?
(a) To stay with family in Londin.
(b) Damerel's house.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Venetia at the beginning of the novel?
2. What do Venetia and Damerel talk about in the garden in Chapter 6?
3. What does Oswald hear as he wanders around Undershaw?
4. What is one of Lady Denny's daughter's named?
5. Why does Mrs. Scorrier stop interfering in Aubrey's affairs after awhile?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)