|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Scorrier stop interfering in Aubrey's affairs after awhile?
(a) Aubrey threatens Mrs. Scorrier angrily.
(b) Mrs. Scorrier can see Aubrey doesn't need her opinions.
(c) Charlotte threatens to send Mrs. Scorrier away if she doesn't stop.
(d) Venetia says Conway would want Venetia herself to handle Aubrey's affairs.
2. What is one of the things Aubrey and Damerel discussed while Venetia was away?
(a) The latest operas in London.
(b) Damerel's last love affair.
(c) Mrs. Priddy's dislike for Damerel.
(d) Aubrey's father's hunting skills.
3. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
(a) Missing the mail.
(b) The weather.
(c) Venetia wearing current fashions.
(d) Making Venetia a good marriage match.
4. What is the name of Conway's new wife?
5. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
(a) Orders her home.
(b) Scolds her.
(c) Kisses her.
(d) Offers her his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald hear as he wanders around Undershaw?
2. What does Venetia intend to do with her inheritance?
3. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
4. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
5. What does the striking woman that Venetia sees in Chapter 18 do to Venetia?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)