|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
(a) Kicked Damerel.
(b) Had Damerel arrested.
(c) Hugged Damerel.
(d) Hit Damerel in the face.
2. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He never wants to see Venetia again.
(b) He will stay longer than planned.
(c) He saw Conway in the village.
(d) He will soon leave his estate again.
3. What does Damerel question Venetia about?
(a) Her lack of an attendant.
(b) Her manner of dress.
(c) Picking fruit on his property.
(d) Her family.
4. What does Venetia say that shocks people?
(a) That her mother is alive.
(b) That she doesn't miss her father.
(c) That her father haunts the family house.
(d) That she caused her father's death.
5. Why does Mrs. Scorrier stop interfering in Aubrey's affairs after awhile?
(a) Aubrey threatens Mrs. Scorrier angrily.
(b) Charlotte threatens to send Mrs. Scorrier away if she doesn't stop.
(c) Mrs. Scorrier can see Aubrey doesn't need her opinions.
(d) Venetia says Conway would want Venetia herself to handle Aubrey's affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aubrey respond when Mrs. Scorrier picks fights with him?
2. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
3. Who is the author of "Venetia"?
4. Where does Damerel suggest Aubrey go in Chapter 13?
5. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)