|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Damerel get Yardley to leave the Priory?
(a) He implies that Venetia will be leaving.
(b) He asks him to go.
(c) He offers him lunch.
(d) He asks him to fetch medicine from the village.
2. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
(a) The weather.
(b) Venetia wearing current fashions.
(c) Making Venetia a good marriage match.
(d) Missing the mail.
3. According to Venetia, what does she have a time limit to do in Chapter 18?
(a) Find a husband.
(b) Meet her mother.
(c) Come up with a plan.
(d) Raise money.
4. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
(a) As slow-witted.
(b) As anxious.
(c) As stubborn.
(d) As compassionate.
5. How does Mrs. Hendred know about Venetia's relationship with Damerel?
(a) Oswald mentioned it to her.
(b) Lady Denny wrote her a letter.
(c) Damerel sent a letter to Venetia.
(d) Venetia spoke his name in her sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venetia find that she enjoys doing in Chapter 16?
2. How does Venetia react to Mrs. Scorrier's attempt to make amends?
3. What word describes Venetia's life so far?
4. What does Damerel manage to do after just a few moments in Chapter 12?
5. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)