|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
(a) By not speaking to them.
(b) By suggesting they were old maids.
(c) By calling them children.
(d) By scolding them.
2. In what manner do Damerel and Venetia speak to each other in Chapter 2?
(a) In rhymes.
(b) Using famous quotes.
(c) Using lyrics from songs.
(d) In French.
3. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
(a) An enemy.
(b) A rival.
(c) A beau.
(d) A friend.
4. How does Venetia react when Oswald offers to protect her from Damerel ?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She is touched.
(d) She cries with relief.
5. How does Mrs. Hendred react to the restaurant in Chapter 18?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is impressed.
(d) She is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald hear as he wanders around Undershaw?
2. Who is the author of "Venetia"?
3. Why does Aubrey's dog begin to bark in Chapter 14?
4. How is Charlotte's demeanor described to the reader?
5. In Chapter 2, what are society ladies said not to have done?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)