|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tradition did Venetia's father deny her?
(a) A London coming out.
(b) Birthday parties.
(c) A baptism.
(d) An education.
2. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
(a) To entertain guests.
(b) To recuperate from an injury.
(c) So he could meet her.
(d) On business.
3. How does Mrs. Hendred react when she sees the striking woman in Chapter 18?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She gets excited.
(c) She gasps.
(d) She becomes upset.
4. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
(a) She wants Venetia to return to run the estate.
(b) She realizes Venetia will marry a powerful man.
(c) She genuinely likes Venetia.
(d) She doesn't want people to think she chased Venetia out of her home.
5. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
(a) As slow-witted.
(b) As compassionate.
(c) As anxious.
(d) As stubborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald talk about often?
2. How does Aubrey respond when Mrs. Scorrier picks fights with him?
3. Why is Venetia unable to sleep during her London trip in Chapter 16?
4. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
5. What is one of Lady Denny's daughter's named?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)