|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
(a) His flirting with her daughters.
(b) His neglect of his estate.
(c) His lack of a sense of humor.
(d) His treatment of Sophie.
2. What does Damerel announce at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He will stay longer than planned.
(b) He never wants to see Venetia again.
(c) He saw Conway in the village.
(d) He will soon leave his estate again.
3. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
(a) Damerel, Venetia and Aubrey are too comfortable together.
(b) His chances are good for winning Venetia's heart.
(c) That his mother should counsel Venetia about propriety.
(d) He should work with Yardley to get rid of Damerel.
4. Why do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald away?
(a) The villagers gossip about him.
(b) He requests an adventure.
(c) He threatens to harm Damerel.
(d) They are worried about his behavior.
5. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
(a) That she gossips.
(b) That she lacks table manners.
(c) That she goes out without attendants.
(d) That she cannot dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clara Denny's opinion of Yardley?
2. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
3. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
4. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
5. Who did Damerel initially think Venetia was?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)