|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
(a) To retrieve a book.
(b) To save some kittens.
(c) To pick apples.
(d) To reach a box.
2. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
(a) By suggesting they were old maids.
(b) By scolding them.
(c) By calling them children.
(d) By not speaking to them.
3. Who is with Damerel when they encounter Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What does Damerel do after untangling Venetia?
(a) Kisses her.
(b) Offers her his horse.
(c) Orders her home.
(d) Scolds her.
5. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
(a) Learn how to play violin.
(b) Keep a horse.
(c) Attend a ball.
(d) Stay in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the restaurant that Yardley takes Mrs. Hendred and Venetia to in Chapter 18 described?
2. What do the dog that angers Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte have in common?
3. What causes Venetia to feel depressed in Chapter 16?
4. Why did Venetia think Damerel returned to the Priory?
5. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)