|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Venetia use to describe Yardley to Damerel?
2. What does Philip inform Mrs. Scorrier of in Chapter 15?
(a) That Charlotte has no legal rights at Undershaw.
(b) That Conway has a gambling problem.
(c) That a portion of the estate land is to be sold.
(d) That the family fortune is gone.
3. What is the name of the striking woman who Venetia sees in Chapter 18?
(a) Lady Sophia.
(b) Lady Saunders.
(c) Lady Susan.
(d) Lady Steeple.
4. How is Edward Yardley described in Chapter 1?
(a) As anxious.
(b) As stubborn.
(c) As compassionate.
(d) As slow-witted.
5. How did Lord Damerel offend Lady Denny's daughters?
(a) By calling them children.
(b) By not speaking to them.
(c) By suggesting they were old maids.
(d) By scolding them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venetia's uncle come to Undershaw in Chapter 15?
2. In what manner do Damerel and Venetia speak to each other in Chapter 2?
3. What does Mrs. Hendred think will change Venetia's mind about Yardley?
4. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
5. How does Oswald view Damerel in Chapter 8?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)