|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
(a) To the Priory.
(b) To say goodbye to Aubrey.
(c) To buy supplies in the village.
(d) To her room.
2. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
(a) He is too headstrung.
(b) He is too young.
(c) She doesn't want to move abroad.
(d) She is in love with someone else.
3. What does Mrs. Scorrier demand of Venetia in Chapter 13?
(a) To stop handling the estate finances.
(b) To treat Charlotte like a sister.
(c) To pick and marry a suitor.
(d) To stop Damerel's visits to Undershaw.
4. What is Yardley convinced of in Chapter 1?
(a) That Venetia will marry him.
(b) That he can get Venetia to marry his son.
(c) That Oswald is stealing from Venetia's family.
(d) That he will acquire Venetia's family home.
5. Why is Venetia worried that something is wrong with Aubrey at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His horse can be seen wandering on a ridge.
(b) His dog returns alone.
(c) He did not come home for lunch.
(d) He said he would be back in ten minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clara Denny's opinion of Yardley?
2. How is the restaurant that Yardley takes Mrs. Hendred and Venetia to in Chapter 18 described?
3. What had Venetia longed to do as a little girl?
4. What does the striking woman that Venetia sees in Chapter 18 do to Venetia?
5. What does Lady Denny worry about once she realizes that Venetia loves Damerel?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)