|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip inform Mrs. Scorrier of in Chapter 15?
(a) That Conway has a gambling problem.
(b) That a portion of the estate land is to be sold.
(c) That Charlotte has no legal rights at Undershaw.
(d) That the family fortune is gone.
2. What does Damerel tell Venetia about Lady Sophie in Chapter 6?
(a) That Lady Sophia jilted him.
(b) That Lady Sophia is dead.
(c) That he and Lady Sophia have a daughter.
(d) That Lady Sophia is Venetia's cousin.
3. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
(a) Hit Damerel in the face.
(b) Had Damerel arrested.
(c) Hugged Damerel.
(d) Kicked Damerel.
4. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
(a) He dislikes Aubrey.
(b) It gives him a chance to test out his homemade remedies.
(c) He hopes it will cause Aubrey to become more cautious.
(d) It gives him an excuse to contact Venetia.
5. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
(a) Yardley's flirtatiousness.
(b) Yardley's frankness.
(c) Yardley's fashion sense.
(d) Yardley's confidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who serves as an adviser to Venetia?
2. What prompts Aubrey to change his behavior towards Mrs. Scorrier in Chapter 14?
3. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
4. What do the dog that angers Mrs. Scorrier and Charlotte have in common?
5. Why is Venetia unable to sleep during her London trip in Chapter 16?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)