|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
(a) Report him to the authorities.
(b) Break off their engagement.
(c) Have Damerel challenge him to a duel.
(d) Tell his father what he did.
2. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
(a) That Yardley is Mrs. Priddy's son.
(b) That Yardley was a friend of Venetia's father.
(c) That Yardley is there to cause trouble.
(d) That Yardley is a friend to Aubrey.
3. How does Lady Denny act toward Lord Damerel?
4. Why does Venetia stop going to the Priory in Chapter 8?
(a) Bad weather moves in.
(b) Mrs. Denny advises against it.
(c) Aubrey returns home.
(d) She and Damerel have a disagreement.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
(a) Had Damerel arrested.
(b) Hugged Damerel.
(c) Kicked Damerel.
(d) Hit Damerel in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald complain to Damerel about in Chapter 9?
2. According to Mrs. Hendred, why must Venetia not meet with the striking woman in Chapter 18?
3. Why does Aubrey's dog begin to bark in Chapter 14?
4. Whom does Oswald dislike?
5. Why is Damerel glad for Aubrey's injury?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)