|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hendred think about Yardley as possible husband for Venetia?
(a) She disapproves of his arrogance.
(b) She approves of and encourages him.
(c) She suspects he is penniless.
(d) She likes him. but doesn't think he's a good match for Venetia.
2. What reason does Venetia give for refusing to marry Oswald.
(a) He is too headstrung.
(b) She doesn't want to move abroad.
(c) She is in love with someone else.
(d) He is too young.
3. What does Aubrey value which Venetia doesn't want to trespass on in Chapter 4?
(a) His exercise.
(b) His independence.
(d) His religious beliefs.
4. What makes Oswald self-conscious around Yardley?
(a) Yardley's fashion sense.
(b) Yardley's confidence.
(c) Yardley's flirtatiousness.
(d) Yardley's frankness.
5. What is Damerel's real reason for returning to his estate?
(a) To attend a funeral.
(b) To escape his aunts.
(c) To see friends.
(d) To sell the estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sir John and Lady Denny send Oswald?
2. What does Oswald seek from Damerel when he intercepts him on the way home in Chapter 9?
3. How does Aubrey respond when Mrs. Scorrier picks fights with him?
4. Where does Damerel take Aubrey in Chapter 10?
5. What is the name of Venetia's nurse?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)