|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Scorrier try to make amends with Venetia in Chapter 14?
(a) She genuinely likes Venetia.
(b) She wants Venetia to return to run the estate.
(c) She doesn't want people to think she chased Venetia out of her home.
(d) She realizes Venetia will marry a powerful man.
2. Where does Venetia go following her visit with her uncle in Chapter 15?
(a) To buy supplies in the village.
(b) To her room.
(c) To say goodbye to Aubrey.
(d) To the Priory.
3. Who is Mrs. Scorrier?
(a) Damerel's aunt.
(b) Undershaw's new housekeeper.
(c) Conway's mother-in-law.
(d) Conway's wife's nurse.
4. What does Venetia notice about Damerel?
(a) He is disfigured.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He is sickly.
(d) He is old.
5. In Chapter 2, what are society ladies said not to have done?
(a) Dressed in unfashionable clothes.
(b) Picked fruit.
(c) Spoken to strange men.
(d) Gone out without an attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What does Venetia have to figure out at the end of Chapter 17?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
4. Why does Oswald say Venetia can't understand the danger Damerel poses to her?
5. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)