|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eleven, Twelve, and Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald decide when he visit's the Priory?
(a) That his mother should counsel Venetia about propriety.
(b) Damerel, Venetia and Aubrey are too comfortable together.
(c) He should work with Yardley to get rid of Damerel.
(d) His chances are good for winning Venetia's heart.
2. According to Mrs. Scorrier, what does Charlotte have a horror of?
(c) The dark.
3. What does Oswald hear as he wanders around Undershaw?
(a) Hunting calls.
(c) Damerel shouting.
(d) Venetia's laugh.
4. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Her stuffy bedroom.
(b) Having to visit with Yardley.
(c) A boring conversation with Aubrey.
(d) The complaints of her staff.
5. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
(a) He worries there will be gossip about Damerel and Venetia.
(b) He worries Damerel will attack Aubrey.
(c) He worries Damerel will steal Venetia's heart.
(d) He worries Damerel will buy the Undershaw Estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Venetia think would be jealous of Damerel?
2. Who does Venetia receive a lengthy letter from in Chapter 13?
3. What is Clara Denny's opinion of Yardley?
4. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
5. What does Mrs. Scorrier demand of Venetia in Chapter 13?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)