|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eleven, Twelve, and Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia note to Oswald about his father.
(a) That he told her to refuse Oswald's proposals.
(b) That he will probably leave Oswald penniless.
(c) That he has someone else he wants Oswald to marry.
(d) That his father is deeply in debt to her family.
2. What does Venetia notice about Damerel?
(a) He is sickly.
(b) He is old.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is disfigured.
3. What does Lady Denny hold against Damerel?
(a) His lack of a sense of humor.
(b) His flirting with her daughters.
(c) His treatment of Sophie.
(d) His neglect of his estate.
4. What did Lady Denny's daughter's think of Lord Damerel?
(a) He was charming.
(b) He was ugly.
(c) He was dashing.
(d) He was dull.
5. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
(a) When Conway returns.
(b) When she turns thirty.
(c) When Aubrey goes to Oxford.
(d) After he gets rid of Oswald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald talk about often?
2. In Chapter 2, what are society ladies said not to have done?
3. What is Mrs. Priddy's opinion of Damerel in Chapter 7?
4. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
5. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)