|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eleven, Twelve, and Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia do before going to pick fruit?
(a) Invites her nurse along.
(b) Packs a snack.
(c) Brushes her hair.
(d) Changes her clothes.
2. What is Clara Denny's opinion of Yardley?
(a) She thinks he is pushy and rude.
(b) She thinks he is clever and funny.
(c) She thinks he is handsome, but dimwitted.
(d) She thinks he is strange and disturbed.
3. What does Damerel manage to do after just a few moments in Chapter 12?
(a) Frighten Charlotte.
(b) Figure out Charlotte is sick.
(c) Bring Charlotte out of her shell.
(d) Offend Charlotte.
4. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
(a) Sir David.
(b) Sir Samuel.
(c) Sir John.
(d) Sir Charles.
5. What is big news in town in Chapter 3?
(a) The vicar's death.
(b) The summer festival.
(c) Lord Damerel's return.
(d) The hot weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Venetia and Damerel talk about in the garden in Chapter 6?
2. Who does NOT worry about the propriety of Venetia's visits to the Priory in Chapter 7?
3. What does Yardley tell Venetia she must stop doing in Chapter 3?
4. What does Venetia decide to pick in Chapter 2?
5. What happens to Aubrey at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)