|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eleven, Twelve, and Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Yardley upsets Aubrey in Chapter 6?
(a) That he takes a drink without being offered one.
(b) That he speaks to Venetia rudely.
(c) That he assumes authority when he has none.
(d) That he doubts Aubrey's intelligence.
2. What does Venetia note to Oswald about his father.
(a) That he will probably leave Oswald penniless.
(b) That he told her to refuse Oswald's proposals.
(c) That his father is deeply in debt to her family.
(d) That he has someone else he wants Oswald to marry.
3. What does Venetia notice about Damerel?
(a) He is old.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He is sickly.
(d) He is disfigured.
4. When does Yardley think Venetia will marry him?
(a) After he gets rid of Oswald.
(b) When Conway returns.
(c) When she turns thirty.
(d) When Aubrey goes to Oxford.
5. Who is Damerel?
(a) A Baron.
(b) A Lord.
(c) A Duke.
(d) An Earl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oswald view Damerel in Chapter 8?
2. What does Venetia intend to make with what she picks in Chapter 2?
3. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
4. Why does Mrs. Scorrier stop interfering in Aubrey's affairs after awhile?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Oswald tell Venetia he almost did?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)