|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eleven, Twelve, and Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venetia escape at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Having to visit with Yardley.
(b) Her stuffy bedroom.
(c) A boring conversation with Aubrey.
(d) The complaints of her staff.
2. In Chapter 2, what are society ladies said not to have done?
(a) Gone out without an attendant.
(b) Picked fruit.
(c) Spoken to strange men.
(d) Dressed in unfashionable clothes.
3. How is Charlotte's demeanor described to the reader?
(a) As snooty and dull.
(b) As bold and brash.
(c) As pleasant, but scared.
(d) As demure yet confident.
4. How many times in her life has Venetia met Damerel?
(c) Five or six times.
(d) Many times.
5. Who is Sophie Rendlesham?
(a) Venetia's neighbor.
(b) Venetia's aunt.
(c) The woman Lord Damerel ran off with.
(d) Damerel's head housekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Scorrier, what does Charlotte have a horror of?
2. Why did Venetia climb a ladder?
3. What does Oswald hear as he wanders around Undershaw?
4. Why is Yardley threatened by Damerel?
5. What is Lady Denny's husband's name?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)