|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damerel scold Aubrey for in Chapter 4?
(a) Not using good judgment.
(b) Going out in bad weather.
(c) Riding a horse.
(d) Trespassing on his estate.
2. Why does Venetia have some anger toward Damerel in Chapter 4?
(a) He insulted her.
(b) He gossiped about her in the village.
(c) He hasn't tried to contact her.
(d) For his behavior toward Mrs. Denny.
3. How does Venetia feel when she is busy in Chapter 16?
(a) Like she is wasting her time.
(d) Almost content.
4. What does Venetia threaten to do if Oswald does not apologize in Chapter 9?
(a) Tell his father what he did.
(b) Break off their engagement.
(c) Have Damerel challenge him to a duel.
(d) Report him to the authorities.
5. What does Venetia note she has for the first time in her life in Chapter 5?
(a) A beau.
(b) A friend.
(c) A rival.
(d) An enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Damerel react to Yardley's annoying and offensive comments?
2. What is Mrs. Hendred constantly worrying about?
3. What disturbs Mrs. Hendred about Venetia's conduct?
4. What does Yardley assume when he meets Damerel?
5. What does Lady Denny worry about once she realizes that Venetia loves Damerel?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)