• Venetia has lived in virtual seclusion at her family manor for most of her life.
• Venetia's brother, Aubrey, is a scholar and not good company.
• Venetia disliked her father for never showing an interest in her. She shocks people by saying does not miss him now that he's dead.
• Lady Denny tries to act as a mother figure for Venetia.
• Venetia's suitors, Oswald Denny and Edward Yardley ride up to the manor.
• Yardley is convinced that he will marry Venetia even though she has told him it will never happen.
• Oswald hopes to woo Venetia into marrying him and tries to act romantic, but ends up looking silly.
• Venetia goes berry picking without an attendant.
• Venetia gets tangled in some brambles. Her neighbor, Damerel, appears to help even though they never met.
• After freeing Venetia from the brambles Damerel forcibly kisses her...
This section contains 1,363 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)