Part One: Chapters 1-2, (pg 3-28)
* The reader is introduced to the protagonist of the novel, Alyx Blackett.
* Alyx is a talented singer and musician.
* Alyx lives alone with her father in a village called Moreton, in England.
* The townspeople are in awe of Alyx's talent, and Alyx is the main singer at the church.
* One day, an Earl named Pagnell makes advances on her, but Alyx manages to get away.
* One night, Pagnell and his men enter Alyx's house and kill her father. Alyx manages to get away.
* Alyx receives help from the priest and Pagnell's servant. Alyx is forced to disguise herself as a boy to hide from Pagnell.
Part One: Chapters 3 - 4 , (pg 29-57)
* Alyx enters the camp of Raine and his band of misfits, where she will be his squire.
* Alyx is upset that she will be the servant of a noble.
* Alyx is...
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)