Part One: Chapters 1-2, (pg 3-28)
• The reader is introduced to the protagonist of the novel, Alyx Blackett.
• Alyx is a talented singer and musician.
• Alyx lives alone with her father in a village called Moreton, in England.
• The townspeople are in awe of Alyx's talent, and Alyx is the main singer at the church.
• One day, an Earl named Pagnell makes advances on her, but Alyx manages to get away.
• One night, Pagnell and his men enter Alyx's house and kill her father. Alyx manages to get away.
• Alyx receives help from the priest and Pagnell's servant. Alyx is forced to disguise herself as a boy to hide from Pagnell.
Part One: Chapters 3 - 4 , (pg 29-57)
• Alyx enters the camp of Raine and his band of misfits, where she will be his squire.
• Alyx is upset that she will be the servant of a noble...
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)