|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne say she wants to marry while at lunch with Henry?
2. Why does Neely return to NYC?
3. Who does Neely sing with at the psychiatric hospital?
4. What is Henry's advice to Anne when he and Anne discuss Lyon's marital indiscretions?
5. What other work does Jennifer North have done before going to America?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Neely not want to continue the tour?
2. What does Anne say about not marrying Lyon Burke and being changed when Henry asks her about it at lunch?
3. Why does Kevin Gilmore want Anne to be the Gillian girl?
4. How does Neely react when she realizes that she missed her sons' birthday?
5. Why do Anne and Kevin not marry?
6. Why does Anne say that Jennifer will always be in debt? Why is Jennifer really in debt?
7. How does Lyon find out that Anne lent him the money in secret?
8. Describe Jennifer and Claude's relationship.
9. Why did the studio blackball Ted's new girlfriend?
10. Why does Jennifer kill herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationships that Jennifer had in her life. How were these relationships similar to each other and how were they different? In your opinion, which was the best relationship for Jen?
Essay Topic 2
What do you believe the theme of the novel is? Remember, a theme starts out as a universal idea that anyone can relate to and then is narrowed down to the novel specifically. Describe the theme and defend your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Between Jennifer North and Neely O'Hara, which person achieved more success in their lives? Both were highly motivated people who used what "God gave them" to reach their goals. In your opinion, who succeeded the most and why? Use examples from the text to support your opinion.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)