|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Anne meets Henry for lunch at 21, how many weeks has she worked for Gillian?
2. In what month does Jennifer return to New York?
3. How long is the visitor expected to be in NYC?
4. Why is Henry confused by Jennifer North after she returns from California and goes to Europe with Claude?
5. Whose show do Anne, Kevin, and Neely go to see in New York after Neely returns in 1957?
Essay Topic 1
What do you think of Anne's statements at the end of the book? It becomes pretty obvious that she has no intention to leave Lyon. What would you have done in her case? Do you think she is brave or cowardly for her making the choice she did?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationships that Jennifer had in her life. How were these relationships similar to each other and how were they different? In your opinion, which was the best relationship for Jen?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the characters of Jennifer and Neely. How are they similar and how are they different? What are the conflicts in their lives that define them and their relationships? How do their character traits and conflicts affect their relationship with Anne? Use evidence from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)