|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new musical hit of Broadway in 1964?
2. Why does Henry travel to Europe with Neely?
3. Who does Anne meet for the first time at the luncheon?
4. What is the name of Anne and Lyon's baby?
5. How many years did Neely sign in her contract with the studio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the catalyst for Anne going to see Lyon again?
2. Why does Anne say that Jennifer will always be in debt? Why is Jennifer really in debt?
3. What does Ted do after he and Neely fight when Neely finds him with another girl?
4. How does Lyon react when he finds out Jennifer Burke has been born?
5. How does winning the Academy Award change Neely's life?
6. Why do Kevin, Anne, and Neely go upstate to the sanitarium.
7. Why does Kevin Gilmore want Anne to be the Gillian girl?
8. Why does Neely return from Hollywood after only three weeks of shooting?
9. Describe Jennifer and Claude's relationship.
10. Why does Neely not want to continue the tour?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Neely. Why does she do the things she does and what has happened in her life to make her this way? Do you believe that Lyon's statement that she will self-destruct is true? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationships that Jennifer had in her life. How were these relationships similar to each other and how were they different? In your opinion, which was the best relationship for Jen?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the characters of Jennifer and Neely. How are they similar and how are they different? What are the conflicts in their lives that define them and their relationships? How do their character traits and conflicts affect their relationship with Anne? Use evidence from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)