|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does George Bellows want the firm to represent?
2. How long was the luncheon for Jennifer's French boyfriend?
3. Why is Henry confused by Jennifer North after she returns from California and goes to Europe with Claude?
4. How does Lyon find out about Anne's secret in regards to the firm?
5. Why does Jennifer ask Henry for money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Between Jennifer North and Neely O'Hara, which person achieved more success in their lives? Both were highly motivated people who used what "God gave them" to reach their goals. In your opinion, who succeeded the most and why? Use examples from the text to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
What do you think of Anne's statements at the end of the book? It becomes pretty obvious that she has no intention to leave Lyon. What would you have done in her case? Do you think she is brave or cowardly for her making the choice she did?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the two major settings of the book (New York and Hollywood). How are they similar and how are they different? Did either of these settings change the character who lived there? If so, explain how.
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)