Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jennifer do to avoid going to Hollywood?
2. Who does Anne say she wants to marry while at lunch with Henry?
3. How does Anne find out that Lyon and Neely are having an affair?
4. Why can Jennifer not leave right away for France?
5. What happens to Lyon and Anne's baby that brings them together?
At the end of the novel, Anne says, "She knew now there would always be a Neely, or a Margie... but each time it would hurt less, and afterward she would love Lyon less, until one day there would be nothing left-no hurt, and no love." Analyze this quote. What does Anne mean when she states it? Do you agree or disagree with this new outlook on life. Support your answer with evidence form the text.
Anne Welles chose to leave Lawrenceville, Massachusetts to escape a life she felt was oppressive. In your opinion, did she find any more freedom in New York? Explain your answer using evidence from the text for support.
Analyze the characters of Jennifer and Neely. How are they similar and how are they different? What are the conflicts in their lives that define them and their relationships? How do their character traits and conflicts affect their relationship with Anne? Use evidence from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)