|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the studio do to make Neely happy after she divorced her husband for cheating on her?
2. How does Anne describe her victory over Neely?
3. Why does Anne get sick when she returns to her apartment?
4. What emotion best describes how Kevin feels about this visitor from Anne's past?
5. Where does Neely catch Tim when he is cheating on her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Neely so nervous to do Kevin's show?
2. How does Neely react when she realizes that she missed her sons' birthday?
3. Why does Henry say that the press is not covering Neely's affair with Lyon very hard?
4. What do Neely's comments about Lyon spending time with other women tell the reader about her character?
5. Why is Jennifer so smitten with Senator Winston Adams?
6. Why does Anne say that Jennifer will always be in debt? Why is Jennifer really in debt?
7. How does Lyon find out that Anne lent him the money in secret?
8. Why does Jennifer kill herself?
9. How does Lyon react when he finds out Jennifer Burke has been born?
10. Why does Neely not want to continue the tour?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Between Jennifer North and Neely O'Hara, which person achieved more success in their lives? Both were highly motivated people who used what "God gave them" to reach their goals. In your opinion, who succeeded the most and why? Use examples from the text to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the characters of Jennifer and Neely. How are they similar and how are they different? What are the conflicts in their lives that define them and their relationships? How do their character traits and conflicts affect their relationship with Anne? Use evidence from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The author Jacqueline Susann was a well-known actress who left her hometown of Philadelphia when she was 18 for New York City. She was often cited on best-dressed lists and starred on television, but became most famous for her novels. Do you think Susann took her own experiences into account when writing this novel? Do any of the characters stem from Susann herself or do you see Susann represented in multiple characters? Explain your answer.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)