Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jennifer do to avoid going to Hollywood?
2. Who does Anne say she wants to marry while at lunch with Henry?
3. How does Anne find out that Lyon and Neely are having an affair?
4. Why can Jennifer not leave right away for France?
5. What happens to Lyon and Anne's baby that brings them together?
Essay Topic 1
There are multiple excuses given for Lyon and why he cheats. What reason do you give for Lyon's cheating? Is it really to help his company, is it because, at heart, he is a playboy, or is he doing it to get back at Anne for tricking him into buying the company? Explain your answer with reasoning and examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of dialogue in the story. Do you believe the use of dialogue moves the story forward or is it stilted? Would the story have been better told in a narrative form rather than using dialogue? Explain and defend your stance.
Essay Topic 3
What do you think of Anne's statements at the end of the book? It becomes pretty obvious that she has no intention to leave Lyon. What would you have done in her case? Do you think she is brave or cowardly for her making the choice she did?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)