|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's advice to Anne when he and Anne discuss Lyon's marital indiscretions?
(a) Henry tells Anne to confront Neely.
(b) Henry tells Anne to confront Lyon.
(c) Henry tells Anne to turn to "dolls" to get over it.
(d) Henry tells Anne to pretend not to know.
2. How long is the visitor expected to be in NYC?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
3. Who offers Anne the position of being "the face" for them?
(a) Ted Casablanca.
(b) Gillian Cosmetics.
4. What is the occupation of Jennifer's new man?
(b) Police Chief.
5. How many Demerol shots a day is Neely getting in 1964?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what police station is Neely found when she is in New York?
2. Where does Jennifer go to get the sleep cure in order to lose weight?
3. What did the studio do to make Neely happy after she divorced her husband for cheating on her?
4. Why does Jennifer ask Henry for money?
5. What plan does Kevin have for Neely when she arrives in NYC?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ted do after he and Neely fight when Neely finds him with another girl?
2. Why does Anne include Spain in her list of places to go on her honeymoon?
3. How does Neely react when she realizes that she missed her sons' birthday?
4. What do Neely's comments about Lyon spending time with other women tell the reader about her character?
5. How does Lyon react when he finds out Jennifer Burke has been born?
6. Why is Neely so nervous to do Kevin's show?
7. What does Anne say about not marrying Lyon Burke and being changed when Henry asks her about it at lunch?
8. Why do Kevin, Anne, and Neely go upstate to the sanitarium.
9. Why does Kevin secretly blame everything on Neely?
10. Why did the studio blackball Ted's new girlfriend?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)