|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose show do Anne, Kevin, and Neely go to see in New York after Neely returns in 1957?
(a) Terry King's.
(b) Jennifer North's.
(c) Helen Lawson's.
(d) Judy Garland's.
2. Where does Jennifer make her US debut?
(a) In LA.
(b) In Manhattan.
(c) In Hollywood.
(d) In Idelwood.
3. How does Anne describe her victory over Neely?
4. How does Kevin Gilmore refer to Lyon Burke?
(a) As a fake writer.
(b) As a hack writer.
(c) As a two-faced playboy.
(d) As a British jerk.
5. What emotion best describes how Kevin feels about this visitor from Anne's past?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jennifer do to avoid going to Hollywood?
2. At what police station is Neely found when she is in New York?
3. Who is the star of the new Broadway hit in 1964?
4. Where do Jennifer and Winston Adams make their first public debut as a couple?
5. Why does Neely close her eyes as she performs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kevin Gillmore finally ask Anne to marry him?
2. What do Neely's comments about Lyon spending time with other women tell the reader about her character?
3. Why is Jennifer so smitten with Senator Winston Adams?
4. Why is Neely so nervous to do Kevin's show?
5. Why do Anne and Kevin not marry?
6. How does winning the Academy Award change Neely's life?
7. Why does Jennifer kill herself?
8. How does Henry take the news that Anne will be leaving him to become the Gillian girl?
9. How does Lyon find out that Anne lent him the money in secret?
10. What does Anne say about not marrying Lyon Burke and being changed when Henry asks her about it at lunch?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)