|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anne meet for the first time at the luncheon?
(a) Zach Dupree.
(b) Louis Macsul.
(c) Morte Benson.
(d) Kevin Gillmore.
2. When Anne meets Henry for lunch at 21, how many weeks has she worked for Gillian?
3. Why can Jennifer not leave right away for France?
(a) She needs a work visa.
(b) She needs a TB shot.
(c) She needs her passport.
(d) She needs to save some money first.
4. Why does Winston Adams say it feels as if he knows Anne?
(a) Because he reads all of Lyon Burke's books, in which Anne is a central character.
(b) Because he watches her on TV.
(c) Because he reads about her in the columns.
(d) Because Jennifer tells him all about her.
5. At what police station is Neely found when she is in New York?
(c) Greenwich Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Neely return to NYC?
2. Why does Jennifer think no one loves her for more than her face or body?
3. How does Anne describe her victory over Neely?
4. Who does Neely sing with at the psychiatric hospital?
5. What does Lyon tell Neely about the firm and their relationship with her.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the studio blackball Ted's new girlfriend?
2. What does Ted do after he and Neely fight when Neely finds him with another girl?
3. Why does Jennifer kill herself?
4. Why is Neely so nervous to do Kevin's show?
5. Why does Kevin Gilmore want Anne to be the Gillian girl?
6. Describe Jennifer and Claude's relationship.
7. Why does Anne include Spain in her list of places to go on her honeymoon?
8. How does Henry take the news that Anne will be leaving him to become the Gillian girl?
9. What do Neely's comments about Lyon spending time with other women tell the reader about her character?
10. Why does Henry say that the press is not covering Neely's affair with Lyon very hard?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)