|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anne get sick when she returns to her apartment?
(a) Anne is sick because she has just caught Lyon cheating on her.
(b) Anne is sick because she is pregnant.
(c) Anne is sick because she has cancer.
(d) Anne is sick because she has the flu.
2. What does Lyon compare Anne's hair to?
(a) A mop.
(b) A lion's mane.
(c) A dog's fur.
(d) The feathers of a bird.
3. What did the studio do to make Neely happy after she divorced her husband for cheating on her?
(a) Stopped Ted's lover from working.
(b) Refused to have their actresses wear Ted's clothes.
(c) Firde Ted as their designer.
(d) Provided Neely with a houseboy.
4. Who does Henry say he is trying to get over being in love with?
(a) Neely O'Hara
(b) Helen Lawson
(c) Anne Welles
(d) Jennifer North
5. Where is the last spot Neely was spotted after leaving New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. What director is Neely upset with when she walks out of shooting for the third time in five weeks?
2. How many abortions has Jennifer had when she meets her new boyfriend and is ready to marry and have kids?
3. How does Kevin Gilmore refer to Lyon Burke?
4. In what month does Jennifer return to New York?
5. Why was Anne's first visit to Neely's hospital a disaster shortly after Neely was admitted in 1961?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Neely return from Hollywood after only three weeks of shooting?
2. Describe Jennifer and Claude's relationship.
3. What does Ted do after he and Neely fight when Neely finds him with another girl?
4. What do Neely's comments about Lyon spending time with other women tell the reader about her character?
5. Why does Anne say that Jennifer will always be in debt? Why is Jennifer really in debt?
6. Why does Henry say that the press is not covering Neely's affair with Lyon very hard?
7. Why does Kevin Gillmore finally ask Anne to marry him?
8. Why do Kevin, Anne, and Neely go upstate to the sanitarium.
9. What does Anne say about not marrying Lyon Burke and being changed when Henry asks her about it at lunch?
10. How does Lyon react when he finds out Jennifer Burke has been born?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)