|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan does Kevin have for Neely when she arrives in NYC?
(a) To star in a Broadway show.
(b) For Neely to move in with Anne.
(c) To do a TV special.
(d) To let Kevin manage Neely's career.
2. What is the one thing Anne wants when she gets married?
(a) A baby.
(b) A new house.
(c) A new car.
(d) A honeymoon.
3. Why can Jennifer not leave right away for France?
(a) She needs a work visa.
(b) She needs a TB shot.
(c) She needs to save some money first.
(d) She needs her passport.
4. In the end, what does Ted do when Neely confronts him while he is with another person?
(a) Leaves her.
(b) Hits her.
(c) Tells her she has taking too many sleeping pills, she is dreaming, and she should go back to bed.
(d) Apologizes to her.
5. Who offers Anne the position of being "the face" for them?
(b) Gillian Cosmetics.
(c) Ted Casablanca.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne find her visitor on a date with at 21?
2. What is the new musical hit of Broadway in 1964?
3. How does Anne describe her victory over Neely?
4. How many years did Neely sign in her contract with the studio?
5. Where is the last spot Neely was spotted after leaving New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jennifer and Claude's relationship.
2. Why do Anne and Kevin not marry?
3. Why do Kevin, Anne, and Neely go upstate to the sanitarium.
4. What is the catalyst for Anne going to see Lyon again?
5. Why did the studio blackball Ted's new girlfriend?
6. Why does Anne say that Jennifer will always be in debt? Why is Jennifer really in debt?
7. Why does Kevin Gillmore finally ask Anne to marry him?
8. Why is Jennifer so smitten with Senator Winston Adams?
9. Why is Neely so nervous to do Kevin's show?
10. What does Anne say about not marrying Lyon Burke and being changed when Henry asks her about it at lunch?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)