|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry confused by Jennifer North after she returns from California and goes to Europe with Claude?
(a) He doesn't understand why she left Tony Polar.
(b) He doesn't understand why she would do nude films.
(c) He doesn't understand what she spends all of her money on.
(d) He doesn't understand why she had an abortion.
2. What does Dr. Massinger say Neely has lost her voice?
3. How does Anne find out that Lyon and Neely are having an affair?
(a) Neely and Lyon do not return home from Europe and instead go to California together without telling Anne.
(b) Anne has a gut feeling.
(c) Neely tells Anne that they are having an affair.
(d) Anne sees a picture of Lyon and Neely kissing.
4. Who does Anne find her visitor on a date with at 21?
(a) Helen Lawson.
(b) Maggie Wingpie
(c) Connie Masters
(d) Carmen Carvers
5. Why does Anne get sick when she returns to her apartment?
(a) Anne is sick because she has cancer.
(b) Anne is sick because she has just caught Lyon cheating on her.
(c) Anne is sick because she has the flu.
(d) Anne is sick because she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Neely return to NYC?
2. Why does Neely return back in NYC after only three weeks on her new film in Hollywood?
3. What does Jennifer do to avoid going to Hollywood?
4. What event does Neely realize she has missed at 11:30 at night?
5. What is Henry's advice to Anne when he and Anne discuss Lyon's marital indiscretions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry say that the press is not covering Neely's affair with Lyon very hard?
2. How does winning the Academy Award change Neely's life?
3. How does Lyon react when he finds out Jennifer Burke has been born?
4. Why does Lyon eventually decide to drop Neely from the firm?
5. Why is Jennifer so smitten with Senator Winston Adams?
6. Why does Neely not want to continue the tour?
7. Why does Neely return from Hollywood after only three weeks of shooting?
8. Why do Anne and Kevin not marry?
9. What do Neely's comments about Lyon spending time with other women tell the reader about her character?
10. How does Henry take the news that Anne will be leaving him to become the Gillian girl?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)