|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyon compare Anne's hair to?
(a) The feathers of a bird.
(b) A lion's mane.
(c) A dog's fur.
(d) A mop.
2. Who does Neely sing with at the psychiatric hospital?
(a) Helen Lawson.
(b) Bea Sanchez.
(c) Judy Garland.
(d) Tony Polar.
3. At what police station is Neely found when she is in New York?
(d) Greenwich Village.
4. Why was Anne's first visit to Neely's hospital a disaster shortly after Neely was admitted in 1961?
(a) It was a disaster because Neely hits on Kevin.
(b) It was a disaster because Neely hit her in the face.
(c) It was a disaster because Neely begged to be released.
(d) It was a disaster because Neely refuses to see Anne.
5. What award did Neely win to make her a powerhouse in Hollywood?
(a) The Tony Award.
(b) The Grammy Award.
(c) The Screen Actor's Guild Award.
(d) The Academy Award.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing a husband would provide that Anne has never had to worry about?
2. What office does Neely sign with when released from Bellamy, Bellows and Burke.
3. Who does Neely read that Anne is dating in the columns in 1950?
4. Who does Anne find her visitor on a date with at 21?
5. Where does Jennifer make her US debut?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jennifer so smitten with Senator Winston Adams?
2. Why is Neely so nervous to do Kevin's show?
3. Why does Anne say that Jennifer will always be in debt? Why is Jennifer really in debt?
4. How does Neely react when she realizes that she missed her sons' birthday?
5. Why does Anne include Spain in her list of places to go on her honeymoon?
6. How does Lyon find out that Anne lent him the money in secret?
7. Why does Neely not want to continue the tour?
8. Why do Anne and Kevin not marry?
9. Why do Kevin, Anne, and Neely go upstate to the sanitarium.
10. How does winning the Academy Award change Neely's life?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)