|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the last spot Neely was spotted after leaving New York?
2. How did Lyon get the money to buy out Henry and become an owner of Bellamy, Bellows and Burke?
(a) Anne secretly lent him the money.
(b) Henry lent him the money.
(c) Lyon took out a loan from the back.
(d) Lyon earned it from writing.
3. Whose show do Anne, Kevin, and Neely go to see in New York after Neely returns in 1957?
(a) Helen Lawson's.
(b) Jennifer North's.
(c) Judy Garland's.
(d) Terry King's.
4. What happens to Lyon and Anne's baby that brings them together?
(a) She gets a head injury from falling out of her crib.
(b) She is involved in a car accident.
(c) She gets pneumonia.
(d) She gets chicken pox.
5. What does Kevin offer to do with Gillian Cosmetics when he marries Anne and is recovered?
(a) Hire a new Gillian girl.
(b) Hire a new Vice President.
(c) Sell his company.
(d) Create a new line of eyeshadows named after Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry say he is trying to get over being in love with?
2. Where do Jennifer and Winston Adams make their first public debut as a couple?
3. What is one thing a husband would provide that Anne has never had to worry about?
4. How does Anne describe her victory over Neely?
5. What event does Neely realize she has missed at 11:30 at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lyon eventually decide to drop Neely from the firm?
2. Why is Neely so nervous to do Kevin's show?
3. How does Neely react when she realizes that she missed her sons' birthday?
4. Why does Anne include Spain in her list of places to go on her honeymoon?
5. How does winning the Academy Award change Neely's life?
6. Why does Jennifer go to Switzerland?
7. Why does Anne say that Jennifer will always be in debt? Why is Jennifer really in debt?
8. Why did the studio blackball Ted's new girlfriend?
9. What does Anne say about not marrying Lyon Burke and being changed when Henry asks her about it at lunch?
10. Describe Jennifer and Claude's relationship.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)