|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the star of the new Broadway hit in 1964?
(a) Connie Masters.
(b) Helen Lawson
(c) Lisa Ludwig.
(d) Margie Parks.
2. What drug did Neely become addicted to while in Spain?
3. Why does Jennifer ask Henry for money?
(a) To pay for plastic surgery.
(b) To buy new clothes.
(c) To pay for her boat ticket.
(d) To pay for her plane ticket.
4. Who does Henry say he is trying to get over being in love with?
(a) Anne Welles
(b) Helen Lawson
(c) Neely O'Hara
(d) Jennifer North
5. How many years did Neely fight her divorce?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the studio do to make Neely happy after she divorced her husband for cheating on her?
2. What does Jennifer do to avoid going to Hollywood?
3. What office does Neely sign with when released from Bellamy, Bellows and Burke.
4. How does Kevin Gilmore refer to Lyon Burke?
5. Where do Neely and Helen run into one another and fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jennifer and Claude's relationship.
2. Why does Kevin Gillmore finally ask Anne to marry him?
3. What do Neely's comments about Lyon spending time with other women tell the reader about her character?
4. Why is Jennifer so smitten with Senator Winston Adams?
5. How does Neely react when she realizes that she missed her sons' birthday?
6. Why does Kevin secretly blame everything on Neely?
7. How does winning the Academy Award change Neely's life?
8. Why did the studio blackball Ted's new girlfriend?
9. Why does Anne include Spain in her list of places to go on her honeymoon?
10. Why does Lyon eventually decide to drop Neely from the firm?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)