|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tony suffer from as a child that let on to Miriam that he was sick?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A convulsion.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A concusssion.
2. Who did Jennifer North first marry?
(a) An oil tycoon.
(b) A senator.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A prince.
3. Why are Anne and Lyon in New Haven, Connecticut?
(a) To have an affair.
(b) To secure a meeting with a future starlet.
(c) To testify in the annullment case of Jennifer North.
(d) To see the opening of "Hit the Sky."
4. What college did Anne attend?
(a) Lesly University.
(b) Sarah Lawrence.
(c) Mount Holyoke College.
5. What is the name of the Broadway show that is meant to re-launch Helen Lawson's career?
(a) Carib Song.
(b) The Persian Room.
(d) Hit The Sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Frenchman does Jennifer meet?
2. Who does Jennifer North meet at The Stork Club?
3. What is Neely's main complaint about Mel's hotel?
4. In what profession is Adele?
5. On what date do Nelly and Mel plan to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne's family react to the news that she is moving to New York City?
2. What are the reasons that Jennifer is unhappy in California? (There should be at least three.)
3. Why does Henry think Anne wants to stay with her job?
4. Why does Lyon say that he cannot marry Anne?
5. Why does Miriam hire a private eye to track Jennifer?
6. Describe exactly what Anne's job will be at Bellamy and Bellows.
7. Why does Anne want to sell all of her parents' belongings?
8. Why doesn't Anne know anything about the New York social scene?
9. Why is Neely so impressed to have a "living room with a white rug"?
10. Describe Jennifer's relationship with Maria.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)