|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Anne have so much money soon after her mother has died?
(a) She is selling off her house and her parents' belongings.
(b) Henry is giving her a raise.
(c) She is taking a modeling job.
(d) She is joining "Hit the Sky" as a chorus girl.
2. Why did Jennifer leave the prince?
(a) He was gay.
(b) He raped her.
(c) He had no money.
(d) He didn't want to have kids.
3. Why doesn't Lyon want to marry Anne, work on his book, and let her support him.
(a) Because he is cheating on her.
(b) Because he is afraid of commitment.
(c) Because he does not really love her.
(d) Because he would be humiliated.
4. What office co-worker does Anne turn down for a lunch date?
(a) Henry Bellamy.
(b) Allen Cooper.
(c) George Bellows.
(d) Lyon Burke.
5. What is the name of the Broadway show that is meant to re-launch Helen Lawson's career?
(a) Carib Song.
(b) Hit The Sky.
(d) The Persian Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Neely want to move when she is in California with Mel?
2. Who is Anne's boyfriend by October?
3. What big secret has Allen Cooper been keeping from Anne?
4. By October, Anne has made a friend in New York. What is the name of her friend?
5. What is the name of the reporter who covers Anne and Allen's engagement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the paparazzi following Anne and how does she react to it?
2. How does Lyon find out that Anne lent him the money in secret?
3. Why does Helen Lawson allow Neely to take Terry King's place in the musical?
4. How does Lyon react when he finds out Jennifer Burke has been born?
5. Why did the studio blackball Ted's new girlfriend?
6. What are the reasons that Jennifer is unhappy in California? (There should be at least three.)
7. Describe exactly what Anne's job will be at Bellamy and Bellows.
8. How does winning the Academy Award change Neely's life?
9. Why does Kevin secretly blame everything on Neely?
10. Describe Helen's character.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)