|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jennifer's real name?
2. What word does Lyon use to describe Neely?
3. With what agency does Jennifer register?
(a) The Longworth Agency.
(b) John Powell.
(c) Bellamy and Bellows.
(d) Johnson Harris.
4. Why is Jennifer in New York in October of 1947?
(a) She is there for a baby shower.
(b) She has left Tony.
(c) She is there to get an abortion.
(d) She is there to see Henry about suing Miriam.
5. What college did Anne attend?
(b) Mount Holyoke College.
(c) Sarah Lawrence.
(d) Lesly University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Jennifer come up with to gain more control over Tony?
2. How much will Neely start at in Hollywood?
3. What type of person does Mel compare Neely to in her new clothes?
4. Where are they when Jennifer reveals that she is pregnant?
5. Where does Lyon want to live with Anne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry think Anne wants to stay with her job?
2. Anne and Lyon begin dating and make love for the first time in New Haven, Connecticut. Lyon says that it is okay if this is only for New Haven and Anne does not understand what he means by this. What does Lyon mean by this comment? Why is this something that Anne would not agree with?
3. How does Anne react when Allen proposes to her and asks her to leave Bellamy and Bellows?
4. Why is Neely so impressed to have a "living room with a white rug"?
5. Why do you believe Miriam is upset upon hearing that Jen is pregnant?
6. Why won't Anne go to Mr. Bellamy on behalf of her friend Neely?
7. Describe exactly what Anne's job will be at Bellamy and Bellows.
8. Why is Neely leaving Mel?
9. Why does Miriam come to NYC to see Jen?
10. How does Anne's family react to the news that she is moving to New York City?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)