|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what agency does Jennifer register?
(a) Johnson Harris.
(b) The Longworth Agency.
(c) Bellamy and Bellows.
(d) John Powell.
2. For what reason does Anne begin taking "dolls"?
(a) To stay sane.
(b) To gain energy.
(c) To sleep.
(d) To lose weight.
3. Who does Jennifer North meet at The Stork Club?
(a) Richie Ballentrie.
(b) Tony Polar.
(c) Mike Roscaro.
(d) Gino Cooper.
4. By October, Anne has made a friend in New York. What is the name of her friend?
(b) Miss Steinberg.
5. Which character causes Anne to break up with Allen?
(a) George Bellows.
(b) Henry Bellamy.
(c) Lyon Burke.
(d) Tony Polar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Neely's act that makes it onto Helen's show?
2. What holiday does Anne spend alone?
3. Where does Neely want to move when she is in California with Mel?
4. Who is the person Jennifer first loved?
5. What item does Lyon leave Anne when he moves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Helen Lawson allow Neely to take Terry King's place in the musical?
2. Why do you believe Miriam is upset upon hearing that Jen is pregnant?
3. Why is Neely so impressed to have a "living room with a white rug"?
4. Why does Lyon leave?
5. Why does Neely switch from Bellamy and Bellows to Johnson Harris?
6. Why does Miriam hire a private eye to track Jennifer?
7. Why does Jennifer hide her true identity, lie about her age, and change her name?
8. How does Neely feel about Helen Lawson?
9. Why does Jennifer want to go to France and make nude films?
10. Why doesn't Anne know anything about the New York social scene?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)