|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony Polar give Jennifer for Christmas?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A mink coat.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) An aquamarine ring.
2. At what theatrical law firm does Anne work?
(a) Ballamy and Co.
(b) Johnson Harris.
(c) Bellamy and Bellows.
(d) Burke and Bellows.
3. Where was Lyon Burke born?
(d) New York.
4. What agency represents Neely?
(a) Bellamy and Bellows.
(b) Bellows and Buke.
(c) Johnson Harris.
(d) Johnson Linden.
5. Where do Allen and Anne meet Allen's father?
(b) The Russian Tea Room.
(c) El Morocco.
(d) The Polenesian Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Lyon want to marry Anne, work on his book, and let her support him.
2. Who is the actress who is rivaling Helen Lawson on stage?
3. For what reason does Anne begin taking "dolls"?
4. With whom is Neely having an affair?
5. Overall, how does Tony feel about Jennifer's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Neely switch from Bellamy and Bellows to Johnson Harris?
2. Why does Jennifer go to Lawrenceville with Anne?
3. Why doesn't Anne know anything about the New York social scene?
4. What does Miriam do to try break up Jennifer and Tony's marriage?
5. Why is Mel so concerned that he will not be taken seriously in Hollywood?
6. Why is the paparazzi following Anne and how does she react to it?
7. Why does Anne want to sell all of her parents' belongings?
8. When Anne first met Allen, what did she think that he did for a living? What does he actually do for a living and why did he hide his profession from Anne?
9. Describe exactly what Anne's job will be at Bellamy and Bellows.
10. Describe Helen's character.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)