|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character causes Anne to break up with Allen?
(a) Tony Polar.
(b) Lyon Burke.
(c) Henry Bellamy.
(d) George Bellows.
2. For what reason does Anne begin taking "dolls"?
(a) To lose weight.
(b) To gain energy.
(c) To stay sane.
(d) To sleep.
3. By October, Anne has made a friend in New York. What is the name of her friend?
(b) Miss Steinberg.
4. What word does Lyon use to describe Neely?
5. What item does Lyon leave Anne when he moves?
(a) His car.
(b) His watch.
(c) His typewriter.
(d) His apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anne return to Lawrenceville after Philadelphia?
2. Where does Jennifer want to take Tony Polar to get married?
3. How old is Jennifer North?
4. Where are they when Jennifer reveals that she is pregnant?
5. Which best describes why Mel doesn't want to follow Neely to Hollywood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe exactly what Anne's job will be at Bellamy and Bellows.
2. How does Anne's family react to the news that she is moving to New York City?
3. Why does Miriam hire a private eye to track Jennifer?
4. Why does Jennifer hide her true identity, lie about her age, and change her name?
5. Why does Jennifer want to go to France and make nude films?
6. Describe Jennifer's relationship with Maria.
7. Why does Miriam come to NYC to see Jen?
8. Why doesn't Anne know anything about the New York social scene?
9. What is Zeke Whyte's role in Neely's life?
10. Anne and Lyon begin dating and make love for the first time in New Haven, Connecticut. Lyon says that it is okay if this is only for New Haven and Anne does not understand what he means by this. What does Lyon mean by this comment? Why is this something that Anne would not agree with?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)