|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jennifer using for money and gifts in Philadelphia?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Henry Bellamy.
(d) Tony Polar.
2. To whom does Neely lose her virginity?
(a) Mike Dubinski.
(b) Tony Polar.
(c) Mel Harris.
(d) Lyon Burke.
3. What big secret has Allen Cooper been keeping from Anne?
(a) That he is a millionaire.
(b) That he is actually a competing theatrical actor.
(c) That he has a wife and kids in another state.
(d) That he has cancer.
4. What best describes Anne's feelings towards New York?
(a) She thinks it is the dirtiest city in the world.
(b) She thinks it is overcrowded and hot.
(c) She thinks it is the most exciting city in the world.
(d) She thinks it is worse than Lawrenceville.
5. With what agency does Jennifer register?
(a) John Powell.
(b) Johnson Harris.
(c) The Longworth Agency.
(d) Bellamy and Bellows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Anne attend?
2. At what theatrical law firm does Anne work?
3. Why does Miriam yell at Tony loudly about him sleeping with other women?
4. What Frenchman does Jennifer meet?
5. What is Henry Bellamy's original last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you believe Miriam is upset upon hearing that Jen is pregnant?
2. Why is Neely so impressed by the fact that Mel is in love with her?
3. Describe Jennifer's relationship with Maria.
4. Why does Jennifer hide her true identity, lie about her age, and change her name?
5. Why doesn't Anne know anything about the New York social scene?
6. Describe Helen's character.
7. Why does Neely switch from Bellamy and Bellows to Johnson Harris?
8. Why is Neely leaving Mel?
9. Why does Jennifer go to Lawrenceville with Anne?
10. Why does Miriam come to NYC to see Jen?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)