|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Anne have so much money soon after her mother has died?
(a) She is selling off her house and her parents' belongings.
(b) Henry is giving her a raise.
(c) She is taking a modeling job.
(d) She is joining "Hit the Sky" as a chorus girl.
2. For what reason does Anne begin taking "dolls"?
(a) To lose weight.
(b) To stay sane.
(c) To sleep.
(d) To gain energy.
3. What is the name of the reporter who covers Anne and Allen's engagement?
(a) Guy Wolf.
(b) Charlie Wolf.
(c) Ronnie Wolf.
(d) Ernie Wolf.
4. In what season does Anne arrive in New York?
5. What type of person does Mel compare Neely to in her new clothes?
(a) A broadway star.
(b) A school girl.
(c) A starlet.
(d) A teenager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Helen Lawson live before her 5-year break from Broadway?
2. Who is the actress who is rivaling Helen Lawson on stage?
3. What item does Lyon leave Anne when he moves?
4. What best describes why Anne did not want to marry Allen Cooper?
5. What color are Neely's diet pills?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Neely switch from Bellamy and Bellows to Johnson Harris?
2. Why is Mel so concerned that he will not be taken seriously in Hollywood?
3. Why does Miriam come to NYC to see Jen?
4. When Anne first met Allen, what did she think that he did for a living? What does he actually do for a living and why did he hide his profession from Anne?
5. Describe exactly what Anne's job will be at Bellamy and Bellows.
6. What are the reasons that Jennifer is unhappy in California? (There should be at least three.)
7. Why does Lyon leave?
8. Why does Henry think Anne wants to stay with her job?
9. What does Miriam do to try break up Jennifer and Tony's marriage?
10. Why won't Anne go to Mr. Bellamy on behalf of her friend Neely?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)