|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of furniture does Neely move into the apartment?
(a) A new sofa.
(b) An armoir.
(c) A ballet bar.
(d) A piano.
2. Where did Helen Lawson live before her 5-year break from Broadway?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) St. Louis.
3. Who did Jennifer North first marry?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) An oil tycoon.
(c) A senator.
(d) A prince.
4. What word does Neely use to describe the pregnancy?
5. For what reason does Anne begin taking "dolls"?
(a) To gain energy.
(b) To lose weight.
(c) To stay sane.
(d) To sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Neely having an affair?
2. Who does Anne live with in Massachusetts?
3. Why does Neely show up at Anne's office crying?
4. What holiday does Anne spend alone?
5. How much money is Mel offered with his new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jennifer's relationship with Maria.
2. How does Anne's family react to the news that she is moving to New York City?
3. Why does Henry think Anne wants to stay with her job?
4. Why does Neely switch from Bellamy and Bellows to Johnson Harris?
5. Why won't Anne go to Mr. Bellamy on behalf of her friend Neely?
6. Why does Lyon leave?
7. Anne and Lyon begin dating and make love for the first time in New Haven, Connecticut. Lyon says that it is okay if this is only for New Haven and Anne does not understand what he means by this. What does Lyon mean by this comment? Why is this something that Anne would not agree with?
8. Why does Helen Lawson allow Neely to take Terry King's place in the musical?
9. What does Miriam do to try break up Jennifer and Tony's marriage?
10. Why is the paparazzi following Anne and how does she react to it?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)