|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Anne's feelings towards New York?
(a) She thinks it is worse than Lawrenceville.
(b) She thinks it is the dirtiest city in the world.
(c) She thinks it is overcrowded and hot.
(d) She thinks it is the most exciting city in the world.
2. What phrase does Neely say too often?
(b) Oh my!
3. Why doesn't Lyon want to marry Anne, work on his book, and let her support him.
(a) Because he does not really love her.
(b) Because he would be humiliated.
(c) Because he is afraid of commitment.
(d) Because he is cheating on her.
4. On what date do Nelly and Mel plan to marry?
(a) June 1.
(b) December 25.
(c) July 4.
(d) May 22.
5. How much will Neely start at in Hollywood?
(a) $800 a week.
(b) $500 a week.
(c) $1,000 a week.
(d) $2,000 a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What big secret has Allen Cooper been keeping from Anne?
2. How old is Jennifer North?
3. Why are Anne and Lyon in New Haven, Connecticut?
4. Who does Helen Lawson ignore at the opening of Neely's show?
5. What magazine does Anne read about Lyon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jennifer hide her true identity, lie about her age, and change her name?
2. Why is every girl in the office and in New York in love with Lyon Burke and how does Anne react to this news?
3. Describe exactly what Anne's job will be at Bellamy and Bellows.
4. Why does Jennifer want to go to France and make nude films?
5. Why is Neely so impressed by the fact that Mel is in love with her?
6. How does Anne react when Allen proposes to her and asks her to leave Bellamy and Bellows?
7. Why does Henry think Anne wants to stay with her job?
8. What are the reasons that Jennifer is unhappy in California? (There should be at least three.)
9. Why is the paparazzi following Anne and how does she react to it?
10. Why is Mel so concerned that he will not be taken seriously in Hollywood?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)