|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date do Nelly and Mel plan to marry?
(a) December 25.
(b) July 4.
(c) June 1.
(d) May 22.
2. Why does Anne have to go to Lawrenceville in the Winter of 1946?
(a) Her mother is ill.
(b) Her aunt has died.
(c) Her home burned down.
(d) Her mother has died.
3. What holiday does Anne spend alone?
(c) New Year's Eve.
4. By October, Anne has made a friend in New York. What is the name of her friend?
(c) Miss Steinberg.
5. Why is Jennifer in New York in October of 1947?
(a) She has left Tony.
(b) She is there to see Henry about suing Miriam.
(c) She is there for a baby shower.
(d) She is there to get an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jennifer originally from?
2. What word does Neely use to describe the pregnancy?
3. How old was Miriam when Tony was born?
4. What does Tony Polar give Jennifer for Christmas?
5. Who is the critic who liked Lyon's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lyon react when he finds out Jennifer Burke has been born?
2. Why is Neely so impressed by the fact that Mel is in love with her?
3. Why do you believe Miriam is upset upon hearing that Jen is pregnant?
4. Why does Jennifer kill herself?
5. What does Anne say about not marrying Lyon Burke and being changed when Henry asks her about it at lunch?
6. Why do Kevin, Anne, and Neely go upstate to the sanitarium.
7. Why won't Anne go to Mr. Bellamy on behalf of her friend Neely?
8. Why doesn't Anne know anything about the New York social scene?
9. Describe exactly what Anne's job will be at Bellamy and Bellows.
10. Why does Jennifer want to go to France and make nude films?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)