|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Neely's first impression of Helen Lawson?
(a) She is a mean-spirited, cold "killer."
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is clearly addicted to pills.
(d) She is an alcoholic.
2. Who does Helen Lawson start dating as a result of her friendship with Anne?
(a) Mel Harris.
(b) Gino Cooper.
(c) Henry Bellamy.
(d) George Bellows..
3. Which best describes why Mel doesn't want to follow Neely to Hollywood?
(a) He wants to stay by his family.
(b) He does not want to get a sunburn.
(c) He does not want to be known as Mr. Neely O'Hara.
(d) He wants to keep his job in NYC.
4. Why does Neely show up at Anne's office crying?
(a) Her sister and Charlie are getting a divorce.
(b) Dick left the act.
(c) She was cut from the Gaucheros' act when they made it to Broadway.
(d) She sprained her hand during rehersal and is unable to be in the show.
5. Who is in charge of the Hollywood studio that Neely will be working for?
(a) Jack Miller.
(b) "The Head."
(c) Tony McLarson.
(d) "The Honcho."
Short Answer Questions
1. By October, Anne has made a friend in New York. What is the name of her friend?
2. Overall, how does Tony feel about Jennifer's baby?
3. Where does Jennifer want to take Tony Polar to get married?
4. Why does Anne have to go to Lawrenceville in the Winter of 1946?
5. What does Neely do when Jennifer tells her she is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anne want to sell all of her parents' belongings?
2. Describe exactly what Anne's job will be at Bellamy and Bellows.
3. What is Zeke Whyte's role in Neely's life?
4. Why does Henry think Anne wants to stay with her job?
5. Why does Helen Lawson allow Neely to take Terry King's place in the musical?
6. Why is Neely so impressed to have a "living room with a white rug"?
7. Why is Neely so impressed by the fact that Mel is in love with her?
8. Why is every girl in the office and in New York in love with Lyon Burke and how does Anne react to this news?
9. How does Anne's family react to the news that she is moving to New York City?
10. How does Anne react when Allen proposes to her and asks her to leave Bellamy and Bellows?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)