|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jennifer North?
2. By October, Anne has made a friend in New York. What is the name of her friend?
(a) Miss Steinberg.
3. What does Neely's instructor want her to do with her clothes?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Give them away to the poor.
(c) Throw them away.
(d) Give them to Anne.
4. What is Henry Bellamy's original last name?
5. Who is the critic who liked Lyon's book?
(a) Joe Grangers.
(b) Bess Wilson.
(c) Bob Rodgers.
(d) Tina Mofit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the actress who is rivaling Helen Lawson on stage?
2. What phrase does Neely say too often?
3. What word does Neely use to describe the pregnancy?
4. What did Tony suffer from as a child that let on to Miriam that he was sick?
5. With whom is Neely having an affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne asks her mother if she ever really loved Anne's father. What makes Anne ask this question?
2. Why does Jennifer go to Lawrenceville with Anne?
3. Why does Jennifer hide her true identity, lie about her age, and change her name?
4. Why do you believe Miriam is upset upon hearing that Jen is pregnant?
5. Describe Jennifer's relationship with Maria.
6. Why does Miriam hire a private eye to track Jennifer?
7. Why is Neely leaving Mel?
8. What is Zeke Whyte's role in Neely's life?
9. Why doesn't Anne know anything about the New York social scene?
10. How does Anne react when Allen proposes to her and asks her to leave Bellamy and Bellows?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)