|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday does Anne spend alone?
(a) New Year's Eve.
2. Who is Jennifer using for money and gifts in Philadelphia?
(a) Tony Polar.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Henry Bellamy.
(d) A lawyer.
3. On what date do Nelly and Mel plan to marry?
(a) July 4.
(b) June 1.
(c) December 25.
(d) May 22.
4. What word does Neely use to describe the pregnancy?
5. In what profession is Adele?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne have a crush on from the office?
2. What Frenchman does Jennifer meet?
3. Who does Anne live with in Massachusetts?
4. Who is in charge of the Hollywood studio that Neely will be working for?
5. With whom is Neely having an affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Helen's character.
2. Anne and Lyon begin dating and make love for the first time in New Haven, Connecticut. Lyon says that it is okay if this is only for New Haven and Anne does not understand what he means by this. What does Lyon mean by this comment? Why is this something that Anne would not agree with?
3. Why does Miriam hire a private eye to track Jennifer?
4. Why does Jennifer go to Lawrenceville with Anne?
5. How does Anne's family react to the news that she is moving to New York City?
6. Anne asks her mother if she ever really loved Anne's father. What makes Anne ask this question?
7. Why does Lyon leave?
8. Describe Jennifer's relationship with Maria.
9. Why does Miriam come to NYC to see Jen?
10. How does Neely feel about Helen Lawson?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)