|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the original partner of Henry Bellamy?
(a) Jim Bellows.
(b) George Bellows.
(c) Lyon Burke.
(d) Luke Bellows.
2. In what profession is Adele?
3. How much does Anne's room cost?
4. What Frenchman does Jennifer meet?
(a) Raphael Chardot.
(b) Claude Chardot.
(c) Clause Chardot.
(d) Piere Chardot.
5. What word does Lyon use to describe Neely?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Neely having an affair?
2. Who was Anne supposed to marry back in her hometown?
3. What is the name of Neely's act that makes it onto Helen's show?
4. Overall, how does Tony feel about Jennifer's baby?
5. To what does Anne compare her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe exactly what Anne's job will be at Bellamy and Bellows.
2. Why doesn't Anne know anything about the New York social scene?
3. Anne asks her mother if she ever really loved Anne's father. What makes Anne ask this question?
4. Why does Lyon say that he cannot marry Anne?
5. How does Neely feel about Helen Lawson?
6. Why does Neely switch from Bellamy and Bellows to Johnson Harris?
7. What are the reasons that Jennifer is unhappy in California? (There should be at least three.)
8. Why is Neely so impressed to have a "living room with a white rug"?
9. Why does Anne want to sell all of her parents' belongings?
10. Why does Henry think Anne wants to stay with her job?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)