|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which best describes why Mel doesn't want to follow Neely to Hollywood?
(a) He wants to stay by his family.
(b) He does not want to be known as Mr. Neely O'Hara.
(c) He does not want to get a sunburn.
(d) He wants to keep his job in NYC.
2. Who is the person Jennifer first loved?
3. Who was Anne supposed to marry back in her hometown?
(a) Jacob Sans.
(b) Lyon Burke.
(c) Henry Gillmore.
(d) Willy Henderson.
4. What is Neely's main complaint about Mel's hotel?
(a) It is too far away from her apartment.
(b) It has no heat.
(c) It is in a bad part of town.
(d) It is too small.
5. With whom is Neely having an affair?
(a) Lyon Burke.
(b) Tony Polar.
(c) Ted Casablanca.
(d) Jessie McAnthony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony Polar give Jennifer for Christmas?
2. With what agency does Jennifer register?
3. Where does Neely want to move when she is in California with Mel?
4. What is the name of the reporter who covers Anne and Allen's engagement?
5. Who is the critic who liked Lyon's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Neely so impressed to have a "living room with a white rug"?
2. Why does Lyon leave?
3. How does Anne's family react to the news that she is moving to New York City?
4. Why do you believe Miriam is upset upon hearing that Jen is pregnant?
5. Why is Neely so impressed by the fact that Mel is in love with her?
6. Why does Miriam come to NYC to see Jen?
7. Describe exactly what Anne's job will be at Bellamy and Bellows.
8. Why is Neely leaving Mel?
9. Describe Jennifer's relationship with Maria.
10. What does Miriam do to try break up Jennifer and Tony's marriage?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)