|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Neely close her eyes as she performs?
(a) She is nervous about her TV special.
(b) She feels blinded by the stage lights.
(c) She is afraid to look at the cameras.
(d) She is used to doing what she feels.
2. What plan does Kevin have for Neely when she arrives in NYC?
(a) To let Kevin manage Neely's career.
(b) To star in a Broadway show.
(c) To do a TV special.
(d) For Neely to move in with Anne.
3. How does Lyon find out about Anne's secret in regards to the firm?
(a) Henry told him to make him mad.
(b) Neely told him to make him mad.
(c) He and Anne filed joint taxes and he found out.
(d) Anne told him while drunk.
4. Why does Henry travel to Europe with Neely?
(a) Neely has to shoot a picture there.
(b) Neely is on tour there.
(c) Nelly needs to go there for the sleep cure.
(d) Neely wants to live there and needs his help finding an apartment.
5. What does Neely do to get out of doing Kevin's show?
(a) Takes some "dolls" and alcohol.
(b) Drinks herself into an oblivian.
(c) Runs away to Spain.
(d) Slits her wrists.
6. In what month does Jennifer arrive in the US?
7. What event does Neely realize she has missed at 11:30 at night?
(a) Her son's first birthday.
(b) Her anniversary.
(c) Tim's runway show.
(d) Her birthday.
8. How many Demerol shots a day is Neely getting in 1964?
9. What drug did Neely become addicted to while in Spain?
10. Who does Neely sing with at the psychiatric hospital?
(a) Helen Lawson.
(b) Bea Sanchez.
(c) Judy Garland.
(d) Tony Polar.
11. What other work does Jennifer North have done before going to America?
(b) A facelift.
(c) A breast enhancement.
12. What does Jennifer do to avoid going to Hollywood?
(a) Takes so many "dolls" she has to have her stomach pumped.
(b) Gains weight so her body will not look good anymore.
(c) Quits making movies.
(d) Runs away to Maria in Spain.
13. Why does Winston Adams say it feels as if he knows Anne?
(a) Because he reads about her in the columns.
(b) Because Jennifer tells him all about her.
(c) Because he reads all of Lyon Burke's books, in which Anne is a central character.
(d) Because he watches her on TV.
14. How long was the luncheon for Jennifer's French boyfriend?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 3 hours.
15. What office does Neely sign with when released from Bellamy, Bellows and Burke.
(a) Johnson Harris
(b) The Longworth Agency
(c) Harrison and Co.
(d) Mark and Sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end, what does Ted do when Neely confronts him while he is with another person?
2. What does Kevin offer to do with Gillian Cosmetics when he marries Anne and is recovered?
3. What is Henry's advice to Anne when he and Anne discuss Lyon's marital indiscretions?
4. Why does Neely think she is going to the psychiatric hospital?
5. How does Kevin Gilmore refer to Lyon Burke?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)