|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Winston Adams say it feels as if he knows Anne?
(a) Because Jennifer tells him all about her.
(b) Because he reads about her in the columns.
(c) Because he reads all of Lyon Burke's books, in which Anne is a central character.
(d) Because he watches her on TV.
2. Where do Neely and Helen run into one another and fight?
(c) The Persian Room.
(d) The Russian Tea Room.
3. How does Anne describe her victory over Neely?
4. Who does Neely sing with at the psychiatric hospital?
(a) Helen Lawson.
(b) Tony Polar.
(c) Bea Sanchez.
(d) Judy Garland.
5. What office does Neely sign with when released from Bellamy, Bellows and Burke.
(a) Harrison and Co.
(b) Mark and Sons.
(c) The Longworth Agency
(d) Johnson Harris
6. What drug did Neely become addicted to while in Spain?
7. How many Demerol shots a day is Neely getting in 1964?
8. What is Henry's advice to Anne when he and Anne discuss Lyon's marital indiscretions?
(a) Henry tells Anne to confront Lyon.
(b) Henry tells Anne to confront Neely.
(c) Henry tells Anne to turn to "dolls" to get over it.
(d) Henry tells Anne to pretend not to know.
9. Who offers Anne the position of being "the face" for them?
(a) Ted Casablanca.
(c) Gillian Cosmetics.
10. What does Jennifer do to avoid going to Hollywood?
(a) Runs away to Maria in Spain.
(b) Quits making movies.
(c) Gains weight so her body will not look good anymore.
(d) Takes so many "dolls" she has to have her stomach pumped.
11. How does Kevin Gilmore refer to Lyon Burke?
(a) As a British jerk.
(b) As a fake writer.
(c) As a two-faced playboy.
(d) As a hack writer.
12. Whose show do Anne, Kevin, and Neely go to see in New York after Neely returns in 1957?
(a) Judy Garland's.
(b) Helen Lawson's.
(c) Terry King's.
(d) Jennifer North's.
13. Why can Jennifer not leave right away for France?
(a) She needs a TB shot.
(b) She needs to save some money first.
(c) She needs a work visa.
(d) She needs her passport.
14. Why is Henry confused by Jennifer North after she returns from California and goes to Europe with Claude?
(a) He doesn't understand what she spends all of her money on.
(b) He doesn't understand why she would do nude films.
(c) He doesn't understand why she had an abortion.
(d) He doesn't understand why she left Tony Polar.
15. What did the studio do to make Neely happy after she divorced her husband for cheating on her?
(a) Firde Ted as their designer.
(b) Stopped Ted's lover from working.
(c) Refused to have their actresses wear Ted's clothes.
(d) Provided Neely with a houseboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing a husband would provide that Anne has never had to worry about?
2. What does Dr. Massinger say Neely has lost her voice?
3. How long was the luncheon for Jennifer's French boyfriend?
4. How many years did Neely sign in her contract with the studio?
5. Why will Lyon not see Neely when she wants on New Year's?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)