|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyon compare Anne's hair to?
(a) The feathers of a bird.
(b) A lion's mane.
(c) A mop.
(d) A dog's fur.
2. Why does Winston Adams say it feels as if he knows Anne?
(a) Because he watches her on TV.
(b) Because Jennifer tells him all about her.
(c) Because he reads all of Lyon Burke's books, in which Anne is a central character.
(d) Because he reads about her in the columns.
3. Who is the star of the new Broadway hit in 1964?
(a) Lisa Ludwig.
(b) Connie Masters.
(c) Helen Lawson
(d) Margie Parks.
4. At what police station is Neely found when she is in New York?
(d) Greenwich Village.
5. How many days behind shooting are they when Neely walks off set in 1953 in California?
6. What emotion best describes how Kevin feels about this visitor from Anne's past?
7. With whom is Kevin cheating on Neely?
(a) Jennifer North.
(b) Douglas Mallory.
(c) Carmen Carver.
(d) Joe Smith
8. How long is the visitor expected to be in NYC?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 12 weeks.
9. What habit did Neely begin when her divorce became final?
(a) Drinking champagne.
(c) Taking blue dolls.
10. What award did Neely win to make her a powerhouse in Hollywood?
(a) The Grammy Award.
(b) The Tony Award.
(c) The Academy Award.
(d) The Screen Actor's Guild Award.
11. Where do Jennifer and Winston Adams make their first public debut as a couple?
(a) The Russian Tea Room.
(c) The Persian Room.
12. Why does Henry travel to Europe with Neely?
(a) Neely wants to live there and needs his help finding an apartment.
(b) Neely has to shoot a picture there.
(c) Neely is on tour there.
(d) Nelly needs to go there for the sleep cure.
13. Why can Jennifer not leave right away for France?
(a) She needs a work visa.
(b) She needs a TB shot.
(c) She needs to save some money first.
(d) She needs her passport.
14. Why was Anne's first visit to Neely's hospital a disaster shortly after Neely was admitted in 1961?
(a) It was a disaster because Neely hit her in the face.
(b) It was a disaster because Neely begged to be released.
(c) It was a disaster because Neely hits on Kevin.
(d) It was a disaster because Neely refuses to see Anne.
15. How did Lyon get the money to buy out Henry and become an owner of Bellamy, Bellows and Burke?
(a) Anne secretly lent him the money.
(b) Henry lent him the money.
(c) Lyon earned it from writing.
(d) Lyon took out a loan from the back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kevin offer to do with Gillian Cosmetics when he marries Anne and is recovered?
2. What is the one thing Anne wants when she gets married?
3. In what month does Jennifer return to New York?
4. What other work does Jennifer North have done before going to America?
5. Who does Neely read that Anne is dating in the columns in 1950?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)