|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Neely sign in her contract with the studio?
2. Why will Lyon not see Neely when she wants on New Year's?
(a) Because he has a new act to see in NYC.
(b) Because it is his daughter's birthday the next day.
(c) Because he is staying with Anne.
(d) Because he is breaking up with her.
3. How long was the luncheon for Jennifer's French boyfriend?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
4. Who does Neely sing with at the psychiatric hospital?
(a) Bea Sanchez.
(b) Tony Polar.
(c) Helen Lawson.
(d) Judy Garland.
5. Where do Jennifer and Winston Adams make their first public debut as a couple?
(c) The Persian Room.
(d) The Russian Tea Room.
6. How did Lyon get the money to buy out Henry and become an owner of Bellamy, Bellows and Burke?
(a) Lyon took out a loan from the back.
(b) Lyon earned it from writing.
(c) Anne secretly lent him the money.
(d) Henry lent him the money.
7. What does Jennifer do to avoid going to Hollywood?
(a) Quits making movies.
(b) Gains weight so her body will not look good anymore.
(c) Runs away to Maria in Spain.
(d) Takes so many "dolls" she has to have her stomach pumped.
8. Why does Winston Adams say it feels as if he knows Anne?
(a) Because he watches her on TV.
(b) Because he reads about her in the columns.
(c) Because Jennifer tells him all about her.
(d) Because he reads all of Lyon Burke's books, in which Anne is a central character.
9. What does Lyon compare Anne's hair to?
(a) A dog's fur.
(b) A mop.
(c) A lion's mane.
(d) The feathers of a bird.
10. In what month does Jennifer return to New York?
11. Why does Neely think she is going to the psychiatric hospital?
(a) For electric shock therapy.
(b) For pyschiatric medicine.
(c) For intensive help.
(d) For the "sleep cure."
12. How does Anne find out that Lyon and Neely are having an affair?
(a) Anne has a gut feeling.
(b) Anne sees a picture of Lyon and Neely kissing.
(c) Neely and Lyon do not return home from Europe and instead go to California together without telling Anne.
(d) Neely tells Anne that they are having an affair.
13. In what month does Jennifer arrive in the US?
14. What is the occupation of Jennifer's new man?
(d) Police Chief.
15. Why does Jennifer ask Henry for money?
(a) To buy new clothes.
(b) To pay for her plane ticket.
(c) To pay for her boat ticket.
(d) To pay for plastic surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit did Neely begin when her divorce became final?
2. Why can Jennifer not leave right away for France?
3. Whose show do Anne, Kevin, and Neely go to see in New York after Neely returns in 1957?
4. Who offers Anne the position of being "the face" for them?
5. Who does George Bellows want the firm to represent?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)