|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday does Anne spend alone?
(d) New Year's Eve.
2. How old was Miriam when Tony was born?
3. Why did Jennifer leave the prince?
(a) He was gay.
(b) He had no money.
(c) He didn't want to have kids.
(d) He raped her.
4. What novel is Neely engrossed in while she waits for a job?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) Esther's Inheritance.
(c) The Unquiet Grave.
(d) The Living and the Dead.
5. What did Tony suffer from as a child that let on to Miriam that he was sick?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A concusssion.
(c) A convulsion.
(d) A heart attack.
6. What is Henry Bellamy's original last name?
7. At what theatrical law firm does Anne work?
(a) Ballamy and Co.
(b) Burke and Bellows.
(c) Johnson Harris.
(d) Bellamy and Bellows.
8. Where was Lyon Burke born?
(a) New York.
9. Who is Jennifer using for money and gifts in Philadelphia?
(a) Tony Polar.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Henry Bellamy.
10. Where are they when Jennifer reveals that she is pregnant?
(a) At a dinner party in their home.
(b) Out to dinner in the Valley.
(c) On a plane to NYC.
(d) At a dinner party in a friend's home.
11. What word does Neely use to describe the pregnancy?
12. What does Neely's instructor want her to do with her clothes?
(a) Give them to Anne.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Give them away to the poor.
(d) Burn them.
13. With whom is Neely having an affair?
(a) Ted Casablanca.
(b) Tony Polar.
(c) Lyon Burke.
(d) Jessie McAnthony.
14. For what reason does Anne begin taking "dolls"?
(a) To sleep.
(b) To gain energy.
(c) To stay sane.
(d) To lose weight.
15. Why does Neely show up at Anne's office crying?
(a) She was cut from the Gaucheros' act when they made it to Broadway.
(b) Her sister and Charlie are getting a divorce.
(c) She sprained her hand during rehersal and is unable to be in the show.
(d) Dick left the act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helen Lawson ignore at the opening of Neely's show?
2. What magazine does Anne read about Lyon?
3. What idea does Jennifer come up with to gain more control over Tony?
4. Where does Lyon want to live with Anne?
5. Which best describes why Mel doesn't want to follow Neely to Hollywood?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)