|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person Jennifer first loved?
2. Who does Helen Lawson ignore at the opening of Neely's show?
3. Who does Jennifer North meet at The Stork Club?
(a) Gino Cooper.
(b) Mike Roscaro.
(c) Tony Polar.
(d) Richie Ballentrie.
4. What is Henry Bellamy's original last name?
5. Who does Anne live with in Massachusetts?
(a) Her mom and dad.
(b) Her two aunts.
(c) Her mother and aunt Amy.
(d) Her mom and stepdad.
6. What phrase does Neely say too often?
(b) Oh my!
7. Why does Anne return to Lawrenceville after Philadelphia?
(a) Because she has decided to move back home when her aunt falls ill.
(b) Because she is reeling from her break up with Allen and needs a break.
(c) Because her mom was in a car accident.
(d) Because her aunt passed away.
8. What magazine does Anne read about Lyon?
(a) US News
9. Where does Lyon want to live with Anne?
(b) New York City.
10. What is the name of Neely's instructor that is hired by her new agency?
(a) Tito Mallo.
(b) Lawrence Matthews.
(c) Zeke Whyte.
(d) Noel McQueen.
11. What is the name of the reporter who covers Anne and Allen's engagement?
(a) Charlie Wolf.
(b) Ernie Wolf.
(c) Guy Wolf.
(d) Ronnie Wolf.
12. How much does Anne's room cost?
13. What is Lyon's secret dream that he shares with Anne while at lunch?
(a) To publish a novel.
(b) To write a play.
(c) To move to Jamaica.
(d) To become an actor.
14. Who is Jennifer using for money and gifts in Philadelphia?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) Tony Polar.
(c) Henry Bellamy.
(d) A doctor.
15. Why is Jennifer in New York in October of 1947?
(a) She is there for a baby shower.
(b) She has left Tony.
(c) She is there to get an abortion.
(d) She is there to see Henry about suing Miriam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Anne supposed to marry back in her hometown?
2. In what restaurant do Mel and Neely have lunch at the end of Neely, February, 1946?
3. Why do Anne and Helen have a falling out in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania?
4. What novel is Neely engrossed in while she waits for a job?
5. Why are Anne and Lyon in New Haven, Connecticut?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)