|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neely's instructor want her to do with her clothes?
(a) Give them to Anne.
(b) Give them away to the poor.
(c) Throw them away.
(d) Burn them.
2. What word does Neely use to describe the pregnancy?
3. What agency represents Neely?
(a) Bellamy and Bellows.
(b) Johnson Linden.
(c) Bellows and Buke.
(d) Johnson Harris.
4. What word does Lyon use to describe Neely?
5. In what profession is Adele?
6. Who does Anne live with in Massachusetts?
(a) Her mother and aunt Amy.
(b) Her mom and stepdad.
(c) Her mom and dad.
(d) Her two aunts.
7. On what date do Nelly and Mel plan to marry?
(a) July 4.
(b) June 1.
(c) December 25.
(d) May 22.
8. What color are Neely's diet pills?
9. Why is Jennifer in New York in October of 1947?
(a) She has left Tony.
(b) She is there to see Henry about suing Miriam.
(c) She is there to get an abortion.
(d) She is there for a baby shower.
10. Why does Jennifer not like the sun?
(a) She burns
(b) It is too hot.
(c) It makes her too tan.
(d) It gives her hives.
11. Who does Helen Lawson start dating as a result of her friendship with Anne?
(a) Gino Cooper.
(b) Mel Harris.
(c) Henry Bellamy.
(d) George Bellows..
12. Why did Jennifer leave the prince?
(a) He was gay.
(b) He raped her.
(c) He had no money.
(d) He didn't want to have kids.
13. What is the name of Neely's instructor that is hired by her new agency?
(a) Noel McQueen.
(b) Lawrence Matthews.
(c) Zeke Whyte.
(d) Tito Mallo.
14. What does Neely give Mel credit for in regards to her career?
(a) The publicity.
(b) Her improved voice.
(c) Booking the acts that are in her show.
(d) The songwriting.
15. Where are they when Jennifer reveals that she is pregnant?
(a) At a dinner party in their home.
(b) Out to dinner in the Valley.
(c) On a plane to NYC.
(d) At a dinner party in a friend's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which best describes why Mel doesn't want to follow Neely to Hollywood?
2. Where does Lyon want to live with Anne?
3. What piece of furniture does Neely move into the apartment?
4. Why are Anne and Lyon in New Haven, Connecticut?
5. To whom does Neely lose her virginity?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)