|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What agency represents Neely?
(a) Johnson Harris.
(b) Bellamy and Bellows.
(c) Johnson Linden.
(d) Bellows and Buke.
2. In whose apartment are Neely, Jennifer, and Anne living?
3. Why does Neely show up at Anne's office crying?
(a) She sprained her hand during rehersal and is unable to be in the show.
(b) She was cut from the Gaucheros' act when they made it to Broadway.
(c) Her sister and Charlie are getting a divorce.
(d) Dick left the act.
4. Who does Anne live with in Massachusetts?
(a) Her two aunts.
(b) Her mom and dad.
(c) Her mother and aunt Amy.
(d) Her mom and stepdad.
5. What office co-worker does Anne turn down for a lunch date?
(a) Allen Cooper.
(b) Henry Bellamy.
(c) George Bellows.
(d) Lyon Burke.
6. What piece of furniture does Neely move into the apartment?
(a) A ballet bar.
(b) A piano.
(c) An armoir.
(d) A new sofa.
7. What word does Neely use to describe the pregnancy?
8. What novel is Neely engrossed in while she waits for a job?
(a) The Living and the Dead.
(b) The Unquiet Grave.
(c) Gone with the Wind.
(d) Esther's Inheritance.
9. What is Henry Bellamy's original last name?
10. What is Lyon's secret dream that he shares with Anne while at lunch?
(a) To publish a novel.
(b) To write a play.
(c) To move to Jamaica.
(d) To become an actor.
11. Where is Jennifer originally from?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) Madrid, Spain.
12. What best describes why Anne did not want to marry Allen Cooper?
(a) She does not like his father.
(b) She is in love with someone else.
(c) She is mad that he lied to her about his money.
(d) She does not love him.
13. Who is the critic who liked Lyon's book?
(a) Bob Rodgers.
(b) Tina Mofit.
(c) Joe Grangers.
(d) Bess Wilson.
14. Where do Allen and Anne meet Allen's father?
(b) The Russian Tea Room.
(c) The Polenesian Room.
(d) El Morocco.
15. Who does Anne have a crush on from the office?
(a) Henry Bellamy.
(b) Jon Bellows.
(c) Lyon Burke.
(d) George Bellows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Lyon use to describe Neely?
2. What color are Neely's diet pills?
3. In what restaurant do Mel and Neely have lunch at the end of Neely, February, 1946?
4. How large is Anne's diamond engagement ring?
5. Who does Helen Lawson start dating as a result of her friendship with Anne?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)