|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lyon want to live with Anne?
(c) New York City.
2. What color are Neely's diet pills?
3. What facial feature really "rattled" Henry Bellamy when he first saw Anne?
(a) Her figure.
(b) Her smile.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her eyes.
4. What is Neely's first impression of Helen Lawson?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is an alcoholic.
(c) She is clearly addicted to pills.
(d) She is a mean-spirited, cold "killer."
5. What does Neely give Mel credit for in regards to her career?
(a) Her improved voice.
(b) Booking the acts that are in her show.
(c) The songwriting.
(d) The publicity.
6. Why did Jennifer leave the prince?
(a) He didn't want to have kids.
(b) He raped her.
(c) He had no money.
(d) He was gay.
7. Where do Allen and Anne meet Allen's father?
(a) The Russian Tea Room.
(c) The Polenesian Room.
(d) El Morocco.
8. What did Tony suffer from as a child that let on to Miriam that he was sick?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A concusssion.
(c) A seizure.
(d) A convulsion.
9. What is Jennifer's real name?
10. Who is "dressing" Neely?
(a) Marcus Harris.
(b) Ted Casablanca.
(c) Mel Harris.
(d) Johnny Cucinni.
11. Who is Jennifer using for money and gifts in Philadelphia?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Henry Bellamy.
(d) Tony Polar.
12. What word does Neely use to describe the pregnancy?
13. In what season does Anne arrive in New York?
14. Who did Jennifer North first marry?
(a) An oil tycoon.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A senator.
(d) A prince.
15. Why will Anne have so much money soon after her mother has died?
(a) She is joining "Hit the Sky" as a chorus girl.
(b) She is taking a modeling job.
(c) Henry is giving her a raise.
(d) She is selling off her house and her parents' belongings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Frenchman does Jennifer meet?
2. What magazine does Anne read about Lyon?
3. Anne Welles left her hometown of________________________ Massachusetts for New York City and a fresh start.
4. Who does Helen Lawson ignore at the opening of Neely's show?
5. In what restaurant do Mel and Neely have lunch at the end of Neely, February, 1946?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)