|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Jennifer come up with to gain more control over Tony?
(a) To leave him.
(b) To have a baby.
(c) To move out temporarily.
(d) To kill Miriam.
2. How old was Miriam when Tony was born?
3. What college did Anne attend?
(b) Sarah Lawrence.
(c) Lesly University.
(d) Mount Holyoke College.
4. Who does Anne have a crush on from the office?
(a) Henry Bellamy.
(b) Lyon Burke.
(c) George Bellows.
(d) Jon Bellows.
5. Who is the actress who is rivaling Helen Lawson on stage?
(a) Jennifer North.
(b) Neely O'Hara.
(c) Terry King.
(d) Molly Catherine.
6. What does Jennifer decide to do with hers and Tony's baby?
(a) Give the baby to Miriam.
(b) Abort it.
(c) Raise it by herself.
(d) Give the baby up for adoption.
7. Where do Allen and Anne meet Allen's father?
(b) The Russian Tea Room.
(c) The Polenesian Room.
(d) El Morocco.
8. What word does Neely use to describe the pregnancy?
9. How old is Jennifer North?
10. In what restaurant do Mel and Neely have lunch at the end of Neely, February, 1946?
(a) El Morocco.
(b) The Persian Room.
11. For what reason does Anne begin taking "dolls"?
(a) To stay sane.
(b) To sleep.
(c) To lose weight.
(d) To gain energy.
12. What does Tony Polar give Jennifer for Christmas?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A mink coat.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) An aquamarine ring.
13. In whose apartment are Neely, Jennifer, and Anne living?
14. Who does Helen Lawson ignore at the opening of Neely's show?
15. At what theatrical law firm does Anne work?
(a) Burke and Bellows.
(b) Ballamy and Co.
(c) Bellamy and Bellows.
(d) Johnson Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lyon's secret dream that he shares with Anne while at lunch?
2. What type of person does Mel compare Neely to in her new clothes?
3. Who first introduces Jen to the "dolls"?
4. What best describes Anne's feelings towards New York?
5. Why is Jennifer in New York in October of 1947?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)