|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Neely use to describe the pregnancy?
2. Anne Welles left her hometown of________________________ Massachusetts for New York City and a fresh start.
3. Who did Jennifer North first marry?
(a) A prince.
(b) An oil tycoon.
(c) A senator.
(d) A lawyer.
4. What is the first job Anne is assigned to for Lyon Burke?
(a) To secure his passport.
(b) To find him furniture for his house.
(c) To find him an apartment.
(d) To buy him a new suite.
5. What item does Lyon leave Anne when he moves?
(a) His watch.
(b) His apartment.
(c) His car.
(d) His typewriter.
6. What idea does Jennifer come up with to gain more control over Tony?
(a) To kill Miriam.
(b) To move out temporarily.
(c) To have a baby.
(d) To leave him.
7. Who was the original partner of Henry Bellamy?
(a) Jim Bellows.
(b) George Bellows.
(c) Luke Bellows.
(d) Lyon Burke.
8. What is the name of Neely's instructor that is hired by her new agency?
(a) Lawrence Matthews.
(b) Zeke Whyte.
(c) Tito Mallo.
(d) Noel McQueen.
9. Who first introduces Jen to the "dolls"?
10. Who replaces Terry King in "Hit the Sky"?
(a) Neely O'Hara.
(b) Jennifer North.
(c) Mary Swalley.
(d) Laura Dubaine.
11. What does Neely give Mel credit for in regards to her career?
(a) Her improved voice.
(b) The songwriting.
(c) Booking the acts that are in her show.
(d) The publicity.
12. What best describes Anne's feelings towards New York?
(a) She thinks it is the most exciting city in the world.
(b) She thinks it is worse than Lawrenceville.
(c) She thinks it is the dirtiest city in the world.
(d) She thinks it is overcrowded and hot.
13. What did Tony suffer from as a child that let on to Miriam that he was sick?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A concusssion.
(d) A convulsion.
14. Why does Neely show up at Anne's office crying?
(a) She was cut from the Gaucheros' act when they made it to Broadway.
(b) Dick left the act.
(c) Her sister and Charlie are getting a divorce.
(d) She sprained her hand during rehersal and is unable to be in the show.
15. Why are Anne and Lyon in New Haven, Connecticut?
(a) To testify in the annullment case of Jennifer North.
(b) To secure a meeting with a future starlet.
(c) To have an affair.
(d) To see the opening of "Hit the Sky."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Helen Lawson live before her 5-year break from Broadway?
2. What is the name of the reporter who covers Anne and Allen's engagement?
3. Where does Neely want to move when she is in California with Mel?
4. Overall, how does Tony feel about Jennifer's baby?
5. Why is Jennifer in New York in October of 1947?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)