|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of the Hollywood studio that Neely will be working for?
(a) "The Head."
(b) Tony McLarson.
(c) "The Honcho."
(d) Jack Miller.
2. What phrase does Neely say too often?
(d) Oh my!
3. What best describes why Anne did not want to marry Allen Cooper?
(a) She does not like his father.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She is in love with someone else.
(d) She is mad that he lied to her about his money.
4. What word does Neely use to describe the pregnancy?
5. In what season does Anne arrive in New York?
6. How much will Neely start at in Hollywood?
(a) $2,000 a week.
(b) $800 a week.
(c) $1,000 a week.
(d) $500 a week.
7. Who is "dressing" Neely?
(a) Mel Harris.
(b) Marcus Harris.
(c) Johnny Cucinni.
(d) Ted Casablanca.
8. At what theatrical law firm does Anne work?
(a) Johnson Harris.
(b) Burke and Bellows.
(c) Ballamy and Co.
(d) Bellamy and Bellows.
9. In whose apartment are Neely, Jennifer, and Anne living?
10. What is the name of the reporter who covers Anne and Allen's engagement?
(a) Guy Wolf.
(b) Ernie Wolf.
(c) Ronnie Wolf.
(d) Charlie Wolf.
11. Why does Anne return to Lawrenceville after Philadelphia?
(a) Because her mom was in a car accident.
(b) Because she has decided to move back home when her aunt falls ill.
(c) Because her aunt passed away.
(d) Because she is reeling from her break up with Allen and needs a break.
12. What does Neely do when Jennifer tells her she is pregnant?
(a) Throws her a baby shower.
(b) Says that she is pregnant too.
(d) Tells her to get an abortion.
13. What is the first job Anne is assigned to for Lyon Burke?
(a) To secure his passport.
(b) To find him an apartment.
(c) To buy him a new suite.
(d) To find him furniture for his house.
14. What agency represents Neely?
(a) Bellamy and Bellows.
(b) Johnson Linden.
(c) Bellows and Buke.
(d) Johnson Harris.
15. To what does Anne compare her job?
(a) A human dictaphone.
(b) A human pencil.
(c) A human typewriter.
(d) A human stenograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anne's boyfriend by October?
2. Why does Miriam yell at Tony loudly about him sleeping with other women?
3. For what reason does Anne begin taking "dolls"?
4. Anne Welles left her hometown of________________________ Massachusetts for New York City and a fresh start.
5. What novel is Neely engrossed in while she waits for a job?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)