|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miriam yell at Tony loudly about him sleeping with other women?
(a) To make Tony realizes he may have impregnanted even more women than Jen.
(b) To make sure Jen hears and leaves him.
(c) To make him want to leave Jen for another woman.
(d) To make him value everything his sister does for him.
2. Why did Jennifer leave the prince?
(a) He had no money.
(b) He raped her.
(c) He was gay.
(d) He didn't want to have kids.
3. By October, Anne has made a friend in New York. What is the name of her friend?
(d) Miss Steinberg.
4. What is the name of the Broadway show that is meant to re-launch Helen Lawson's career?
(a) The Persian Room.
(b) Carib Song.
(c) Hit The Sky.
5. Why are Anne and Lyon in New Haven, Connecticut?
(a) To see the opening of "Hit the Sky."
(b) To secure a meeting with a future starlet.
(c) To have an affair.
(d) To testify in the annullment case of Jennifer North.
6. What best describes Anne's feelings towards New York?
(a) She thinks it is overcrowded and hot.
(b) She thinks it is worse than Lawrenceville.
(c) She thinks it is the dirtiest city in the world.
(d) She thinks it is the most exciting city in the world.
7. What type of person does Mel compare Neely to in her new clothes?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A broadway star.
(c) A starlet.
(d) A school girl.
8. To what does Anne compare her job?
(a) A human dictaphone.
(b) A human typewriter.
(c) A human pencil.
(d) A human stenograph.
9. What does Henry warn Jen that Miriam will do to the baby?
(a) Make her give it up for adoption.
(b) Kill it.
(c) Take over and raise it.
(d) Put it into acting classes.
10. Overall, how does Tony feel about Jennifer's baby?
11. Who is Anne's boyfriend by October?
(a) Allen Cooper.
(b) George Bellows.
(c) Henry Bellamy.
(d) Kevin Gillmore.
12. What is the name of Neely's instructor that is hired by her new agency?
(a) Zeke Whyte.
(b) Noel McQueen.
(c) Lawrence Matthews.
(d) Tito Mallo.
13. Whose party is Neely invited to on New Year's Eve?
(a) Joe Valentine's.
(b) Johnny Mallon's.
(c) Tony Polar's.
(d) Lyon Burke's.
14. What does Jennifer decide to do with hers and Tony's baby?
(a) Abort it.
(b) Give the baby up for adoption.
(c) Raise it by herself.
(d) Give the baby to Miriam.
15. For what reason does Anne begin taking "dolls"?
(a) To stay sane.
(b) To sleep.
(c) To gain energy.
(d) To lose weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what restaurant do Mel and Neely have lunch at the end of Neely, February, 1946?
2. What is Henry Bellamy's original last name?
3. Where did Helen Lawson live before her 5-year break from Broadway?
4. What does Neely do when Jennifer tells her she is pregnant?
5. What item does Lyon leave Anne when he moves?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)