|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jennifer using for money and gifts in Philadelphia?
(a) Henry Bellamy.
(b) Tony Polar.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
2. Why does Anne return to Lawrenceville after Philadelphia?
(a) Because her mom was in a car accident.
(b) Because she is reeling from her break up with Allen and needs a break.
(c) Because her aunt passed away.
(d) Because she has decided to move back home when her aunt falls ill.
3. On what date do Nelly and Mel plan to marry?
(a) July 4.
(b) December 25.
(c) May 22.
(d) June 1.
4. How much money is Mel offered with his new job?
(a) $300 a week.
(b) $200 a week.
(c) $400 a week.
(d) $150 a week.
5. Where does Jennifer want to take Tony Polar to get married?
6. Why do Anne and Helen have a falling out in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania?
(a) Because Anne criticized Helen's performance in "Hit the Sky."
(b) Because Anne broke up with Allen, which resulted in Gino no longer coming to see Helen.
(c) Because Anne skipped going to a party with Helen to attend a party with Neely.
(d) Because Anne quit Bellamy and Bellows and as a result they dropped Helen, her friend, as a client.
7. Anne Welles left her hometown of________________________ Massachusetts for New York City and a fresh start.
8. What is the name of Neely's act that makes it onto Helen's show?
(a) The Gaucheros.
(b) The Juarez twins.
(c) The Flamengos.
(d) The Cowboys.
9. Why did Jennifer leave the prince?
(a) He had no money.
(b) He raped her.
(c) He didn't want to have kids.
(d) He was gay.
10. Why does Miriam yell at Tony loudly about him sleeping with other women?
(a) To make him want to leave Jen for another woman.
(b) To make him value everything his sister does for him.
(c) To make Tony realizes he may have impregnanted even more women than Jen.
(d) To make sure Jen hears and leaves him.
11. What idea does Jennifer come up with to gain more control over Tony?
(a) To leave him.
(b) To kill Miriam.
(c) To have a baby.
(d) To move out temporarily.
12. With what agency does Jennifer register?
(a) Bellamy and Bellows.
(b) John Powell.
(c) The Longworth Agency.
(d) Johnson Harris.
13. Who replaces Terry King in "Hit the Sky"?
(a) Neely O'Hara.
(b) Jennifer North.
(c) Mary Swalley.
(d) Laura Dubaine.
14. How much will Neely start at in Hollywood?
(a) $800 a week.
(b) $2,000 a week.
(c) $1,000 a week.
(d) $500 a week.
15. In what restaurant do Mel and Neely have lunch at the end of Neely, February, 1946?
(a) El Morocco.
(b) The Persian Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jennifer in New York in October of 1947?
2. What does Tony Polar give Jennifer for Christmas?
3. Who is in charge of the Hollywood studio that Neely will be working for?
4. Where are they when Jennifer reveals that she is pregnant?
5. Who was Anne supposed to marry back in her hometown?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)