|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Neely's instructor that is hired by her new agency?
(a) Lawrence Matthews.
(b) Zeke Whyte.
(c) Tito Mallo.
(d) Noel McQueen.
2. What piece of furniture does Neely move into the apartment?
(a) A new sofa.
(b) An armoir.
(c) A piano.
(d) A ballet bar.
3. Where is Jennifer originally from?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) Madrid, Spain.
(d) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
4. Anne Welles left her hometown of________________________ Massachusetts for New York City and a fresh start.
5. What does Henry warn Jen that Miriam will do to the baby?
(a) Take over and raise it.
(b) Put it into acting classes.
(c) Make her give it up for adoption.
(d) Kill it.
6. What best describes why Anne did not want to marry Allen Cooper?
(a) She is mad that he lied to her about his money.
(b) She does not like his father.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She is in love with someone else.
7. Who is Anne's boyfriend by October?
(a) Kevin Gillmore.
(b) Henry Bellamy.
(c) George Bellows.
(d) Allen Cooper.
8. What type of person does Mel compare Neely to in her new clothes?
(a) A broadway star.
(b) A teenager.
(c) A school girl.
(d) A starlet.
9. Who is "dressing" Neely?
(a) Mel Harris.
(b) Johnny Cucinni.
(c) Marcus Harris.
(d) Ted Casablanca.
10. What does Neely give Mel credit for in regards to her career?
(a) The publicity.
(b) Her improved voice.
(c) The songwriting.
(d) Booking the acts that are in her show.
11. Where does Lyon want to live with Anne?
(b) New York City.
12. Who was Anne supposed to marry back in her hometown?
(a) Willy Henderson.
(b) Henry Gillmore.
(c) Jacob Sans.
(d) Lyon Burke.
13. Who does Helen Lawson ignore at the opening of Neely's show?
14. How much money is Mel offered with his new job?
(a) $300 a week.
(b) $150 a week.
(c) $400 a week.
(d) $200 a week.
15. Whose party is Neely invited to on New Year's Eve?
(a) Joe Valentine's.
(b) Johnny Mallon's.
(c) Lyon Burke's.
(d) Tony Polar's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jennifer in New York in October of 1947?
2. In what profession is Adele?
3. What color are Neely's diet pills?
4. Why does Anne return to Lawrenceville after Philadelphia?
5. What magazine does Anne read about Lyon?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)