|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jennifer in New York in October of 1947?
(a) She is there to see Henry about suing Miriam.
(b) She is there for a baby shower.
(c) She has left Tony.
(d) She is there to get an abortion.
2. What item does Lyon leave Anne when he moves?
(a) His car.
(b) His watch.
(c) His apartment.
(d) His typewriter.
3. Which character causes Anne to break up with Allen?
(a) Lyon Burke.
(b) George Bellows.
(c) Tony Polar.
(d) Henry Bellamy.
4. What novel is Neely engrossed in while she waits for a job?
(a) The Living and the Dead.
(b) Esther's Inheritance.
(c) The Unquiet Grave.
(d) Gone with the Wind.
5. What piece of furniture does Neely move into the apartment?
(a) A new sofa.
(b) A ballet bar.
(c) A piano.
(d) An armoir.
6. Who is the person Jennifer first loved?
7. What idea does Jennifer come up with to gain more control over Tony?
(a) To move out temporarily.
(b) To have a baby.
(c) To leave him.
(d) To kill Miriam.
8. Where was Lyon Burke born?
(c) New York.
9. On what date do Nelly and Mel plan to marry?
(a) July 4.
(b) May 22.
(c) December 25.
(d) June 1.
10. Who replaces Terry King in "Hit the Sky"?
(a) Neely O'Hara.
(b) Jennifer North.
(c) Laura Dubaine.
(d) Mary Swalley.
11. Where is Jennifer originally from?
(a) Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) Madrid, Spain.
12. What phrase does Neely say too often?
(b) Oh my!
13. What type of person does Mel compare Neely to in her new clothes?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A school girl.
(c) A broadway star.
(d) A starlet.
14. With what agency does Jennifer register?
(a) John Powell.
(b) Bellamy and Bellows.
(c) The Longworth Agency.
(d) Johnson Harris.
15. At what theatrical law firm does Anne work?
(a) Bellamy and Bellows.
(b) Johnson Harris.
(c) Burke and Bellows.
(d) Ballamy and Co.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose apartment are Neely, Jennifer, and Anne living?
2. What office co-worker does Anne turn down for a lunch date?
3. What word does Neely use to describe the pregnancy?
4. What does Neely give Mel credit for in regards to her career?
5. What agency represents Neely?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)