|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jennifer's real name?
2. What phrase does Neely say too often?
(a) Oh my!
3. What does Tony Polar give Jennifer for Christmas?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) An aquamarine ring.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A mink coat.
4. Who is in charge of the Hollywood studio that Neely will be working for?
(a) Tony McLarson.
(b) "The Honcho."
(c) Jack Miller.
(d) "The Head."
5. Where does Jennifer want to take Tony Polar to get married?
6. Why did Jennifer leave the prince?
(a) He was gay.
(b) He had no money.
(c) He didn't want to have kids.
(d) He raped her.
7. Who was the original partner of Henry Bellamy?
(a) George Bellows.
(b) Lyon Burke.
(c) Jim Bellows.
(d) Luke Bellows.
8. Overall, how does Tony feel about Jennifer's baby?
9. At what theatrical law firm does Anne work?
(a) Ballamy and Co.
(b) Burke and Bellows.
(c) Johnson Harris.
(d) Bellamy and Bellows.
10. Who first introduces Jen to the "dolls"?
11. Who does Anne live with in Massachusetts?
(a) Her mother and aunt Amy.
(b) Her mom and dad.
(c) Her mom and stepdad.
(d) Her two aunts.
12. Anne Welles left her hometown of________________________ Massachusetts for New York City and a fresh start.
13. Why doesn't Lyon want to marry Anne, work on his book, and let her support him.
(a) Because he does not really love her.
(b) Because he is cheating on her.
(c) Because he would be humiliated.
(d) Because he is afraid of commitment.
14. What does Neely do when Jennifer tells her she is pregnant?
(a) Tells her to get an abortion.
(c) Says that she is pregnant too.
(d) Throws her a baby shower.
15. What type of person does Mel compare Neely to in her new clothes?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A broadway star.
(c) A school girl.
(d) A starlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anne have to go to Lawrenceville in the Winter of 1946?
2. Who is the critic who liked Lyon's book?
3. What does Neely's instructor want her to do with her clothes?
4. Whose party is Neely invited to on New Year's Eve?
5. What agency represents Neely?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)