|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jennifer decide to do with hers and Tony's baby?
(a) Raise it by herself.
(b) Abort it.
(c) Give the baby up for adoption.
(d) Give the baby to Miriam.
2. What word does Lyon use to describe Neely?
3. What did Tony suffer from as a child that let on to Miriam that he was sick?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A seizure.
(c) A concusssion.
(d) A convulsion.
4. Who does Jennifer North meet at The Stork Club?
(a) Richie Ballentrie.
(b) Tony Polar.
(c) Gino Cooper.
(d) Mike Roscaro.
5. What does Neely give Mel credit for in regards to her career?
(a) Booking the acts that are in her show.
(b) The publicity.
(c) The songwriting.
(d) Her improved voice.
6. Why does Neely show up at Anne's office crying?
(a) Dick left the act.
(b) She sprained her hand during rehersal and is unable to be in the show.
(c) She was cut from the Gaucheros' act when they made it to Broadway.
(d) Her sister and Charlie are getting a divorce.
7. How old was Miriam when Tony was born?
8. Who is "dressing" Neely?
(a) Mel Harris.
(b) Johnny Cucinni.
(c) Marcus Harris.
(d) Ted Casablanca.
9. Who does Helen Lawson start dating as a result of her friendship with Anne?
(a) Gino Cooper.
(b) George Bellows..
(c) Henry Bellamy.
(d) Mel Harris.
10. What best describes why Anne did not want to marry Allen Cooper?
(a) She does not love him.
(b) She does not like his father.
(c) She is mad that he lied to her about his money.
(d) She is in love with someone else.
11. Why is Jennifer in New York in October of 1947?
(a) She is there to get an abortion.
(b) She is there for a baby shower.
(c) She has left Tony.
(d) She is there to see Henry about suing Miriam.
12. Why doesn't Lyon want to marry Anne, work on his book, and let her support him.
(a) Because he does not really love her.
(b) Because he is cheating on her.
(c) Because he would be humiliated.
(d) Because he is afraid of commitment.
13. What is Neely's first impression of Helen Lawson?
(a) She is a mean-spirited, cold "killer."
(b) She is an alcoholic.
(c) She is clearly addicted to pills.
(d) She is indifferent.
14. How old is Jennifer North?
15. Where is Jennifer originally from?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) Madrid, Spain.
(d) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neely's instructor want her to do with her clothes?
2. What color are Neely's diet pills?
3. What type of person does Mel compare Neely to in her new clothes?
4. What facial feature really "rattled" Henry Bellamy when he first saw Anne?
5. What agency represents Neely?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)