Anne, September, 1945
• Anne Welles is a Radcliffe graduate and only 19 years old when she leaves the small town of Lawrenceville, Massachusetts for New York City.
• Her family is upset to hear that she is leaving, especially when they realize this trip is not a vacation and Anne intends to stay.
• Anne gives up a "planned" marriage to Willie Henderson and takes the money she inherited from her father's death and sets off to New York.
• The city is dirty and crowded as her family predicted it would be, but Anne loves it anyway.
• Instead of squandering her savings, Anne decides to get a job and save her money.
• Anne goes to an employment agency to be placed at a job.
• The agency suggests she contact a modeling company because of her good looks.
• Anne says she would prefer to be a secretary and is sent to Bellamy and...
This section contains 5,887 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)