|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Lampton withdraw?
2. What gets robbed in West LA?
3. What is the name of Phil's publisher?
4. What two phrases does Phil put together to make KING FELIX?
5. What country does Fat fly to first?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eric become Fremount?
2. What do the group think is strange about Ferris F. Fremount's name?
3. What do Phil and Fat discuss at the Sombrero Bar?
4. What contact does Fat say VALIS has had with him?
5. How does Phil react to Fat's assertion that he will travel around the world to find the fifth savior?
6. How does Eric interpret the term Buddha in the park
7. Why does Fat want to travel to China and France?
8. How does Mini's music effect David?
9. Who does Sophia say Horselover Fat is?
10. What does Phil remember from March 1974?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is deep religious belief often connected with mental illness? Is there evidence that Horselover Fat's search for the fifth savior is a disconnection from reality?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Horselover Fat need to find the fifth savior? What will it do for his life if he does find what he is looking for?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)