|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following sentence "Make straight in the desert a highway..."
2. What did the doctor say to cheer him up after Sherri died?
3. What does Mini say Sophia is surrounded by?
4. What is the motto of the Rhipidon Society?
5. What kind of restaurant do Phil and the others eat at after their meeting with Sophia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eric become Fremount?
2. What has Fat found out from his travels to Greece?
3. What does Fat think will happen to Wagner at the gates of heaven?
4. What does Eric tell Horselover Fat on the phone?
5. What is Sophie's opinion on Eric and LInda?
6. How does Eric get a third eye?
7. Why do the group call themselves the Rhipidon society?
8. How does Mini's music effect David?
9. Who does Sophia say Horselover Fat is?
10. How does Eric interpret the term Buddha in the park
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gloria Knudson's death affect Horselover Fat? In what way is he prepared to let her death affect him in a negative way?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Nixon presidency cast such a shadow over the story? Why does Dick think the world had to be saved from his tyranny? Did the world become a better place after Nixon had left office?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)