|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dynamite screenplay the author says he has written?
2. What is the name of the philosopher who talks about a cat playing in the yard?
3. What do the filmmakers use in the film to represent VALIS firing information from millions of miles away?
4. What kind of car does Kevin own?
5. What did the doctor say to cheer him up after Sherri died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fat think will happen to Wagner at the gates of heaven?
2. What contact does Fat say VALIS has had with him?
3. Who does Linda say she and Eric are?
4. How does Eric get a third eye?
5. What happens in the opera Parsifal?
6. What does Phil dream about in this section?
7. What instructions does Sophia give Fat and the group?
8. What do the group think is strange about Ferris F. Fremount's name?
9. How does Eric interpret the term Buddha in the park
10. What do Phil and Fat discuss at the Sombrero Bar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1970s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Phil create Horselover Fat as his alter ego? In what way does it distant him from Horselover's own actions?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Horselover Fat need to find the fifth savior? What will it do for his life if he does find what he is looking for?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)