|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which 1977 novel does the author say he used some of Fat's notes?
2. What is the name of the main character?
3. What color was Horselover Fat spiritually haunted by?
4. What does the author say caused Horselover Fat to slip by degrees into madness?
5. What language did Fat claim to have prayed in when he was on LSD?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dreams does Fat say he has been having?
2. Why does Maurice think Sherri is a rip off merchant?
3. Why does Phil think Horselover Fat can't see he is a Buddha?
4. What evidence is there to suggest that Fat is hearing God?
5. How does a huge hit of LSD effect Fat in 1964?
6. What does Thamos find out for Fat?
7. Why does Kevin think God is so stupid?
8. What evidence does Bob give in this section that he is as Fat claims a schizoid?
9. Why did Gloria eventually decide to kill herself?
10. Who does Fat think Zebra is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Phil create Horselover Fat as his alter ego? In what way does it distant him from Horselover's own actions?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Fat's exegesis.
1. What is Fat trying to explore in his exegesis?
2. Why is Fat's exegesis so important to him?
3. How does Fat's exegesis help him to find Sophia?
Essay Topic 3
What does Maurice make Fat see about himself? How do Maurice's words affect Fat?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)