|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Kevin use to describe God?
2. What kind of books does Horselover Fat write?
3. What was the name of the blind God?
4. What did Horselover Fat claim slumbered inside his ceramic pot?
5. In which mental hospital is Fat sectioned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is Fat having with his health in this section?
2. Why does Kevin think God is so stupid?
3. Who does Fat think are the three eyed people?
4. What does Sherri say about the Soviet tanks during World War Two?
5. What evidence is there to suggest that Fat is hearing God?
6. What happened to Kevin's cat?
7. Who does Fat think Zebra is?
8. What does Thamos find out for Fat?
9. What evidence does Bob give in this section that he is as Fat claims a schizoid?
10. Why does the author say Fat put up with Kevin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What evidence is there to prove that everything, including the Lamptons and Sophia was a fake and the group was duped? Why is Fat unable to stop believing the fifth savior? How does his behavior affect the rest of the group?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)