|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fat try to stop Sherri from doing?
2. What language did Fat claim to have prayed in when he was on LSD?
3. Where do Sherri and Fat share an apartment?
4. What is the one thing that Sherri does for Fat?
5. Who does Fat think is a micro-form of God?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a huge hit of LSD effect Fat in 1964?
2. Why does Kevin think God is so stupid?
3. Who does Fat think Zebra is?
4. What does Maurice make Fat realize about himself?
5. What evidence is there to suggest that Fat is hearing God?
6. What happened to Kevin's cat?
7. What does Sherri say about the Soviet tanks during World War Two?
8. What does Fat say was the reason he tried to kill himself?
9. Why does Phil think Horselover Fat can't see he is a Buddha?
10. Why does Fat think it is a good idea to flee Canada?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What evidence is there to prove that everything, including the Lamptons and Sophia was a fake and the group was duped? Why is Fat unable to stop believing the fifth savior? How does his behavior affect the rest of the group?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Phil create Horselover Fat as his alter ego? In what way does it distant him from Horselover's own actions?
Essay Topic 3
How does the film VALiS change Fat and his friend's life? What happens in the film that suggests Fat is not crazy after all? What does is say about Fat and his friends that they are so drawn in by the film?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)