|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sherri say the real Soviet victory took place?
2. What is the name of the main character?
3. Which of the following is a term the author remembers using in the Sixties and Seventies?
4. What does Fat see after his pets die?
5. What does the author say the girl he visited in the hospital looked like as she sat up in her bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author say Fat put up with Kevin?
2. What does Sherri say about the Soviet tanks during World War Two?
3. What problems is Fat having with his health in this section?
4. How does the author describe Fat's apartment in Santa Ana?
5. How does Fat try to get early release from the mental institute?
6. Who does Fat think are the three eyed people?
7. What does Fat say was the reason he tried to kill himself?
8. Why does Fat think it is a good idea to flee Canada?
9. What evidence is there to suggest that Fat is hearing God?
10. What does Fat do with Gloria the day she visits him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the film VALiS change Fat and his friend's life? What happens in the film that suggests Fat is not crazy after all? What does is say about Fat and his friends that they are so drawn in by the film?
Essay Topic 2
What does Maurice make Fat see about himself? How do Maurice's words affect Fat?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)