|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
2. How does Piri say Iboya would return from work?
3. What traveled in front of the family home?
4. What did Mother find in her travels?
5. How does Piri describe the conditions at the ghetto?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where would Iboya spend time outside the house?
2. Describe the family's departure for the ghetto.
3. Describe the trip mother took on Manci's behalf.
4. Where did Iboya get work?
5. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
6. What were the family's options for escaping after Lujza's death?
7. Describe the conditions at the ghetto.
8. How did Piri's schooling change as a result of the Germans' policies?
9. What upset Piri's mother in Chapter 12?
10. Describe Mother's preparation for the mission regarding Manci.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluative review of 'Upon the Head of a Goat'. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 3
Does 'Upon the Head of a Goat' have a moral, and if so, what is it? How is it conveyed? How is it arrived at, in a narrative that provides contrary views and values?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)