|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Jews being taken?
2. How had Luzja killed herself?
3. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
4. How does Piri say Iboya would return from work?
5. Who was Gari Weiss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where were the Jews concentrated by the Germans?
2. Describe the family's departure for the ghetto.
3. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
4. How did the incident with Lilli change Piri's mother?
5. What happened to Dr. Feher?
6. Describe the group of children with whom Piri spent her time.
7. Describe the Zionist meetings Piri attended.
8. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
9. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
10. How did Piri's schooling change as a result of the Germans' policies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does 'Upon the Head of a Goat' have a moral, and if so, what is it? How is it conveyed? How is it arrived at, in a narrative that provides contrary views and values?
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluative review of 'Upon the Head of a Goat'. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 3
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)