|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Piri and Iboya find when they went to the provision center?
2. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
3. Where did Mr. Schwartz offer Iboya work?
4. Where have the German soldiers ordered Mother to take them?
5. What was Iboya's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances of Lujza's death.
2. Describe the conditions at the ghetto.
3. Why did Piri and Iboya end up running the household themselves?
4. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
5. What happened to Dr. Feher?
6. Where would Iboya spend time outside the house?
7. Describe the Zionist meetings Piri attended.
8. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
9. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
10. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does 'Upon the Head of a Goat' have a moral, and if so, what is it? How is it conveyed? How is it arrived at, in a narrative that provides contrary views and values?
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
'Upon the Head of a Goat' is obviously a coming of age tale. To what extent is Piri initiated into the world of the Holocaust, and to what extent is she initiated into the world of her family? What lessons is Piri learning throughout 'Upon the Head of a Goat', and what is the sphere where they are meant to be meaningful?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)