|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Piri's baby sister named?
2. When was Father's battalion going to come through Beregszasz?
3. Who is Rozsi?
4. Why was the narrator sent to Komjaty?
5. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mr. Shuster say that the Jews shouldn't put up any resistance?
2. Describe the Zionist meetings Piri attended.
3. How did Piri's mother react to this encounter with the group of boys?
4. Describe the trip mother took on Manci's behalf.
5. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
6. Describe Piri's family's friendship with Mrs. Gerber.
7. How did Piri's schooling change as a result of the Germans' policies?
8. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
9. Describe Piri's parents' visit to Komjaty.
10. What happened to Dr. Feher?
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
How does the calendar of Jewish and Christian holidays give structure to 'Upon the Head of a Goat'? How does Piri's family celebrate the holidays, and how are their celebrations affected by the war?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of 'Upon the Head of a Goat'--did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 1,548 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)