|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Piri ill?
2. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
3. What was Piri's father's position?
4. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
5. What had Babi done to help Mother make this attempt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad news did Farenc deliver during one visit?
2. Describe Piri's departure from Komjaty.
3. Discuss Farenc's return to Babi's farm.
4. What did Father expect to happen after his battalion passed through Beregszasz?
5. Describe Piri's return to Beregszasz.
6. Describe the family's Hanukkah.
7. How did Piri communicate with her family in Beregszasz?
8. What was strange to Piri about Babi's distrust?
9. Describe Father's visit home.
10. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the experiences described in 'Upon the Head of a Goat', would you send your children away from your home at the first scent of trouble, or would you keep them with you, in hoped that conditions would improve? When would you try to find them safer places? How would you endure the separation?
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluative review of 'Upon the Head of a Goat'. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 3
How does the calendar of Jewish and Christian holidays give structure to 'Upon the Head of a Goat'? How does Piri's family celebrate the holidays, and how are their celebrations affected by the war?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)