|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos and Manci?
(a) They were seen boarding a train.
(b) They had escaped.
(c) They were dead.
(d) They were sick.
2. What were the hours of the curfew for Jews?
(a) 3 a.m. to 10 a.m.
(b) 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
(c) 3 p.m. to 10 a.m.
(d) 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
3. Where did Piri have her first kiss?
(a) In a warehouse.
(b) At the city center.
(c) At Gari's house.
(d) At a Zionist meeting.
4. At times, where did Iboya go instead of volunteering?
(a) To spy on soldiers.
(b) Across the border.
(c) Zionist meetings.
(d) Poetry readings.
5. How old does Piri say the people were at these secret gatherings?
(d) Forties and fifties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was NOT part of Piri's gang of friends?
2. Why did Manci need to be picked up?
3. Where was Iboya when the Germans came?
4. Where did Mother go to look for Manci?
5. How does Piri say Iboya would return from work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri's development into womanhood.
2. What upset Piri's mother in Chapter 12?
3. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
4. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
5. What happened to Dr. Feher?
6. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
7. Describe the conditions at the ghetto.
8. How did Piri's schooling change as a result of the Germans' policies?
9. Where would Iboya spend time outside the house?
10. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)