|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to bring it home at night.
(b) They had to steal food for it.
(c) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
(d) They had to hide it.
2. What changed for Piri and Iboya when the Germans took over Hungary?
(a) They had more food than before.
(b) Mother dressed them as filthy beggars to protect against rape.
(c) They did not have enough of any necessities.
(d) They were sent to the country to live with Babi.
3. How does Piri characterize the family's Passover dinner?
4. What did Mrs. Gerber give Piri when she arrived at her house?
(a) Information about Dr. Feher.
(b) The name of a smuggler.
(c) Food for Passover.
(d) A small gift in return for Passover food.
5. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos and Manci?
(a) They had escaped.
(b) They were sick.
(c) They were seen boarding a train.
(d) They were dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Iboya's job?
2. What did Mother find in her travels?
3. How does Piri say Iboya would return from work?
4. How does Piri describe the ghetto?
5. Who told Mother that Dr. Feher was dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did life in the ghetto affect Mother?
2. Describe the Zionist meetings Piri attended.
3. Describe the family's purchase of a goat.
4. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
5. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
6. Where were the Jews concentrated by the Germans?
7. Describe Mother's preparation for the mission regarding Manci.
8. Describe the conditions at the ghetto.
9. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos, and Manci after her trip?
10. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)