|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother have a talk with Mr. Schwartz about?
(a) Putting her daughter in danger.
(b) Going into hiding.
(c) Helping the resistance.
(d) Getting smuggled out of Beregszasz.
2. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
(a) To sell goat cheese.
(b) To have milk for the children.
(c) To assert her defiance.
(d) To have fresh meat.
3. Why was Piri mad at Iboya, now that Iboya was working?
(a) She was coarse.
(b) She was overbearing.
(c) She was superior.
(d) She was secretive.
4. At times, where did Iboya go instead of volunteering?
(a) To spy on soldiers.
(b) Poetry readings.
(c) Zionist meetings.
(d) Across the border.
5. How does Piri characterize the German invasion of Hungary?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Dr. Feher?
2. What did Mother return from doing, at the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. Where did Mr. Schwartz offer Iboya work?
4. Who took Piri's goat away?
5. What did Piri and Iboya find when they went to the provision center?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where were the Jews concentrated by the Germans?
2. What were the family's options for escaping after Lujza's death?
3. Describe the family's departure for the ghetto.
4. Where would Iboya spend time outside the house?
5. Describe Mother's preparation for the mission regarding Manci.
6. Describe the circumstances of Lujza's death.
7. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
8. Where did Iboya get work?
9. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
10. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos, and Manci after her trip?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)