|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
(a) Betray the Jews in the town or have the entire town destroyed.
(b) Leave Beregszasz or be killed.
(c) Give up the Jews in hiding, or his family would be beaten and raped.
(d) Pay a large sum, or the religious leaders would be killed.
2. Who was Mr. Baltar?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A smuggler.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A merchant.
3. Who was visiting the house frequently by this time?
(a) Mrs. Gerber.
(b) Mrs. Silverman.
(c) Dr. Feher.
(d) Aunt Luzja. Lilli.
4. Why was Piri mad at Iboya, now that Iboya was working?
(a) She was coarse.
(b) She was superior.
(c) She was secretive.
(d) She was overbearing.
5. At times, where did Iboya go instead of volunteering?
(a) Poetry readings.
(b) To spy on soldiers.
(c) Across the border.
(d) Zionist meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Piri characterize the German invasion of Hungary?
2. What did Dr. Feher give Mother?
3. What did the family know was coming?
4. Why was Piri expelled from school?
5. What did Mother have to wait for?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)