|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mother go to look for Manci?
2. What was disturbing to this visitor?
(a) The food rationing.
(b) The rising cost of silk stockings.
(c) The injustice of German policies.
(d) The declining influence of the Zionists.
3. Where did Piri have her first kiss?
(a) At the city center.
(b) At a Zionist meeting.
(c) In a warehouse.
(d) At Gari's house.
4. What did the family name the goat?
(a) The bleating nuisance.
(d) The milkmaker.
5. How had Luzja killed herself?
(a) She jumped into the river.
(b) She stepped in front of a train.
(c) She slit her wrists.
(d) She took pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Lilli and Lajos been hiding?
2. Iboya volunteered for _______________.
3. Why was Piri mad at Iboya, now that Iboya was working?
4. How does Piri say Iboya would return from work?
5. How has Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where would Iboya spend time outside the house?
2. Why did Piri and Iboya end up running the household themselves?
3. How did life in the ghetto affect Mother?
4. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
5. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
6. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
7. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
8. Describe the family's purchase of a goat.
9. Describe the Zionist meetings Piri attended.
10. Describe the trip mother took on Manci's behalf.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)