|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother do to take care of her family?
(a) Heated water for baths.
(b) Found food.
(c) Bribed German soldiers.
(d) Arranged for her children to escape.
2. Who was Gari Weiss?
(a) Piri's first crush.
(b) A soldier.
(c) Piri's teacher.
(d) Piri's cousin.
3. What changed for Piri and Iboya when the Germans took over Hungary?
(a) They had more food than before.
(b) They were sent to the country to live with Babi.
(c) Mother dressed them as filthy beggars to protect against rape.
(d) They did not have enough of any necessities.
4. What does the family learn at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) America is entering the war.
(b) Germany is winning the war.
(c) Jews are being killed.
(d) Germany is losing in Russia.
5. What were the hours of the curfew for Jews?
(a) 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
(b) 3 a.m. to 10 a.m.
(c) 3 p.m. to 10 a.m.
(d) 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mr. Shuster?
2. How old does Piri say the people were at these secret gatherings?
3. At times, where did Iboya go instead of volunteering?
4. What did Mother find in her travels?
5. What did Mother have to wait for?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)