|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country's lead does Piri say Hungary followed in instituting strict Anti-Semite laws?
2. What did Mother do to take care of her family?
(a) Arranged for her children to escape.
(b) Found food.
(c) Bribed German soldiers.
(d) Heated water for baths.
3. Where did Piri and her friends spend a lot of their time?
(a) Gari's family's house.
(b) In the streets.
(c) Her house.
(d) Laying around with the other refugees.
4. What was Mr. Schwartz' response to Mother?
(a) He said that the resistance didn't need her help.
(b) He told her how much it would cost to be smuggled out.
(c) He said there wasn't any space for her to be smuggled out.
(d) He assured her he would keep Iboya safe.
5. Who took Piri's goat away?
(a) The housing bureau.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Sanyi's family escape?
2. Who was Mr. Baltar?
3. Why was Piri expelled from school?
4. What changed for Piri and Iboya when the Germans took over Hungary?
5. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the family's purchase of a goat.
2. What happened to Dr. Feher?
3. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos, and Manci after her trip?
4. Describe the group of children with whom Piri spent her time.
5. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
6. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
7. How did life in the ghetto affect Mother?
8. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
9. Why did Piri and Iboya end up running the household themselves?
10. Describe Piri's development into womanhood.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)