|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Iboya's job?
(a) Printer's assistant.
(c) Delivery girl.
(d) Filing clerk.
2. What did Mother find in her travels?
(a) Manci had already escaped.
(b) Manci had died.
(c) Manci had been shipped away.
(d) Manci had been kept at a hospital.
3. What was Mother's response to Uncle Sanyi?
(a) She came with him to identify the body.
(b) She sent him home.
(c) She let him stay the night.
(d) She found people to take care of him.
4. Where have the German soldiers ordered Mother to take them?
(a) To the synagogue.
(b) To the Zionist leaders.
(c) To the Juden bureau.
(d) To the places where Jews were hiding.
5. Whom did Iboya go with to these clandestine gatherings?
(d) Aunt Lujza.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did this change things for Piri's family?
2. What did Dr. Feher give Mother?
3. How had Luzja killed herself?
4. Where did Mr. Schwartz offer Iboya work?
5. What does the family learn at the end of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri's development into womanhood.
2. Describe the family's departure for the ghetto.
3. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
4. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
5. Describe the family's purchase of a goat.
6. Where did Iboya get work?
7. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
8. How did the incident with Lilli change Piri's mother?
9. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos, and Manci after her trip?
10. Describe the circumstances of Lujza's death.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)