|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Dr. Feher?
(a) He shot himself after his wife and daughter had been raped.
(b) He left for America.
(c) He stopped making house calls.
(d) He was arrested.
2. What did Mother do for Dr. Feher?
(a) Helped his relatives.
(b) Helped bury him.
(c) Helped ransom his body.
(d) Prayed for him.
3. Who was Mr. Shuster?
(a) The leader of the ghetto.
(b) A very sick man in the ghetto.
(c) The leader of the resistance.
(d) An agent provocateur.
4. Where did Piri go to school after being expelled?
(a) At the synagogue.
(b) In the streets.
(c) She stayed home.
(d) At a community center.
5. Who told Mother that Dr. Feher was dead?
(a) Mr. Hirsch.
(c) Mrs. Gerber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Piri do while her mother was gone?
2. What plans were made at the places Iboya went in secret?
3. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
4. How does Piri characterize the German invasion of Hungary?
5. How did this ultimatum affect Mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos, and Manci after her trip?
2. Describe the trip mother took on Manci's behalf.
3. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
4. What upset Piri's mother in Chapter 12?
5. Describe the family's departure for the ghetto.
6. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
7. Describe the conditions at the ghetto.
8. Describe Mother's preparation for the mission regarding Manci.
9. Describe the family's purchase of a goat.
10. How did Piri's schooling change as a result of the Germans' policies?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)