|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lilli decide to give up?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) Her savings.
(c) Her dream of school.
(d) Her plans to emigrate.
2. Iboya volunteered for _______________.
(a) The police.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The school.
3. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos and Manci?
(a) They were sick.
(b) They had escaped.
(c) They were seen boarding a train.
(d) They were dead.
4. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
(a) He smuggled money and food to the family.
(b) He reported them to the authorities.
(c) He helped the family get Lilli released.
(d) He cared for mother in her distress.
5. What changed for Piri and Iboya when the Germans took over Hungary?
(a) They did not have enough of any necessities.
(b) Mother dressed them as filthy beggars to protect against rape.
(c) They had more food than before.
(d) They were sent to the country to live with Babi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did this ultimatum affect Mother?
2. Where was Iboya when the Germans came?
3. Why was Piri mad at Iboya, now that Iboya was working?
4. How does Piri characterize the family's Passover dinner?
5. Why was Mother upset in the beginning of chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Iboya get work?
2. Describe the circumstances of Lujza's death.
3. What were the family's options for escaping after Lujza's death?
4. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
5. How did the incident with Lilli change Piri's mother?
6. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
7. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
8. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
9. What happened to Dr. Feher?
10. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)