|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Gari Weiss?
(a) Piri's first crush.
(b) Piri's teacher.
(c) Piri's cousin.
(d) A soldier.
2. What does the family learn at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Jews are being killed.
(b) America is entering the war.
(c) Germany is winning the war.
(d) Germany is losing in Russia.
3. Why did Mother leave the city?
(a) To look for Father.
(b) To secure passage out of Beregszasz.
(c) To tell Lajos' family what happened.
(d) To buy another goat.
4. What did Mother have to wait for?
(a) A call from Manci.
(b) Her health.
(c) A passport.
(d) The weather.
5. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
(a) A gift.
(b) A key.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. At times, where did Iboya go instead of volunteering?
2. Who took Piri's goat away?
3. What did Mother have a talk with Mr. Schwartz about?
4. Who was Mr. Shuster?
5. What was Mother's response to Uncle Sanyi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the family's purchase of a goat.
2. Describe Piri's development into womanhood.
3. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
4. Why did Piri and Iboya end up running the household themselves?
5. Describe the conditions at the ghetto.
6. Where would Iboya spend time outside the house?
7. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
8. Where were the Jews concentrated by the Germans?
9. Where did Iboya get work?
10. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)