|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
(a) Leave Beregszasz or be killed.
(b) Betray the Jews in the town or have the entire town destroyed.
(c) Pay a large sum, or the religious leaders would be killed.
(d) Give up the Jews in hiding, or his family would be beaten and raped.
2. Who took Piri's goat away?
(b) The housing bureau.
3. What does the family learn at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Germany is winning the war.
(b) America is entering the war.
(c) Jews are being killed.
(d) Germany is losing in Russia.
4. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
(a) He helped the family get Lilli released.
(b) He smuggled money and food to the family.
(c) He reported them to the authorities.
(d) He cared for mother in her distress.
5. What did Lilli decide to give up?
(a) Her dream of school.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) Her savings.
(d) Her plans to emigrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Gari Weiss?
2. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
3. What did the family know was coming?
4. What happened to Dr. Feher?
5. How did this change things for Piri's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
2. Describe Mother's preparation for the mission regarding Manci.
3. Describe Piri's development into womanhood.
4. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
5. What were the family's options for escaping after Lujza's death?
6. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos, and Manci after her trip?
7. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
8. Describe the trip mother took on Manci's behalf.
9. What upset Piri's mother in Chapter 12?
10. Where would Iboya spend time outside the house?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)