|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was visiting the house frequently by this time?
(a) Aunt Luzja. Lilli.
(b) Dr. Feher.
(c) Mrs. Gerber.
(d) Mrs. Silverman.
2. How did the Sanyi's family escape?
(a) They walked over the border.
(b) They ran to the forests.
(c) They traveled with fake passports.
(d) They stowed away in cargo ships.
3. What did Mother blame herself for?
(a) Not having kept Lilli closer to home.
(b) Not having seen this coming.
(c) Not having wanted to know that this was happening.
(d) Not having left sooner.
4. What did mother argue for at the ghetto?
(b) Basic rights.
(c) Clean water.
(d) Better sanitation.
5. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos and Manci?
(a) They were dead.
(b) They had escaped.
(c) They were seen boarding a train.
(d) They were sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mother do to take care of her family?
2. What did Lilli decide to give up?
3. What did Mrs. Gerber give Piri when she arrived at her house?
4. How had Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
5. What was disturbing to this visitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the family's options for escaping after Lujza's death?
2. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
3. Where were the Jews concentrated by the Germans?
4. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
5. How did the incident with Lilli change Piri's mother?
6. Where did Iboya get work?
7. What upset Piri's mother in Chapter 12?
8. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
9. Describe the group of children with whom Piri spent her time.
10. What happened to Dr. Feher?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)