|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Iboya's job?
(a) Delivery girl.
(c) Filing clerk.
(d) Printer's assistant.
2. Where did Mother go to look for Manci?
3. How does Piri characterize the family's Passover dinner?
4. What did Mother have to wait for?
(a) Her health.
(b) A passport.
(c) The weather.
(d) A call from Manci.
5. How had Luzja killed herself?
(a) She slit her wrists.
(b) She took pills.
(c) She stepped in front of a train.
(d) She jumped into the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Piri and her friends spend a lot of their time?
2. What were the hours of the curfew for Jews?
3. How does Piri describe the ghetto?
4. How does Piri say Iboya would return from work?
5. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri's development into womanhood.
2. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
3. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
4. Describe the conditions at the ghetto.
5. Where were the Jews concentrated by the Germans?
6. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
7. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos, and Manci after her trip?
8. Describe the family's departure for the ghetto.
9. Describe the group of children with whom Piri spent her time.
10. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)