|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Dr. Feher?
(a) He shot himself after his wife and daughter had been raped.
(b) He stopped making house calls.
(c) He left for America.
(d) He was arrested.
2. How has Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
(a) They were caught stealing.
(b) They were reported as Jews.
(c) They were turned in by informants.
(d) They got sick and were caught.
3. How old does Piri say the people were at these secret gatherings?
(a) Forties and fifties.
4. What did the family name the goat?
(a) The milkmaker.
(c) The bleating nuisance.
5. What did mother argue for at the ghetto?
(b) Better sanitation.
(c) Basic rights.
(d) Clean water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mother return from doing, at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. Where did Piri and her friends spend a lot of their time?
3. Where were Jews being taken?
4. How does Piri describe the conditions at the ghetto?
5. Where was Iboya when the Germans came?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the incident with Lilli change Piri's mother?
2. Describe the family's departure for the ghetto.
3. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
4. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
5. How did Piri's schooling change as a result of the Germans' policies?
6. What happened to Dr. Feher?
7. Describe Mother's preparation for the mission regarding Manci.
8. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
9. Where were the Jews concentrated by the Germans?
10. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)