|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piri characterize the German invasion of Hungary?
2. How has Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
(a) They were reported as Jews.
(b) They were turned in by informants.
(c) They got sick and were caught.
(d) They were caught stealing.
3. What did Mother have to wait for?
(a) Her health.
(b) A call from Manci.
(c) The weather.
(d) A passport.
4. What did the family know was coming?
(a) They would be killed.
(b) They would be arrested.
(c) They would be taken to the ghetto.
(d) They would have to flee.
5. How does Piri describe the ghetto?
(a) A death camp.
(b) A brick factory turned prison.
(c) A work camp.
(d) A prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. Shuster oppose Mother's plans?
2. What does the family learn at the end of Chapter 11?
3. Where did Piri go to school after being expelled?
4. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
5. What did Mother do for Dr. Feher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Dr. Feher?
2. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
3. Describe Mother's preparation for the mission regarding Manci.
4. How did the incident with Lilli change Piri's mother?
5. Describe the group of children with whom Piri spent her time.
6. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
7. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
8. What upset Piri's mother in Chapter 12?
9. Why did Piri and Iboya end up running the household themselves?
10. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)