|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother tell Piri?
(a) Lajos had contacted his parents.
(b) They would be leaving soon.
(c) Manci was being released.
(d) She would have to take over the household.
2. Where was Iboya when the Germans came?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In bed.
(c) At school.
(d) Out getting supplies.
3. Who was Gari Weiss?
(a) Piri's teacher.
(b) A soldier.
(c) Piri's cousin.
(d) Piri's first crush.
4. What did Dr. Feher give Mother?
(a) Advice to stay home.
(b) Forged travel papers.
(d) Money, and medicine for Manci.
5. Why did Mr. Shuster oppose Mother's plans?
(a) He was forbidden to allow any luxuries.
(b) He feared reprisals if the Jews rose up.
(c) He was full of his own power.
(d) It would anger the Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Father being held?
2. Where were Jews being taken?
3. What happened to Dr. Feher?
4. How did Mother change after her trip outside the city?
5. What did Piri do while her mother was gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Iboya get work?
2. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
3. Where were the Jews concentrated by the Germans?
4. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
5. Describe the family's purchase of a goat.
6. Describe the group of children with whom Piri spent her time.
7. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
8. Describe the Zionist meetings Piri attended.
9. Describe Piri's development into womanhood.
10. Describe the family's departure for the ghetto.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)