|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did this ultimatum affect Mother?
(a) She refused to give up any names.
(b) She gave up her savings.
(c) She vowed never to leave the house.
(d) She got ready to leave.
2. What did Mother return from doing, at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Visiting the synagogue.
(b) Looking for work.
(c) Looking for Iboya.
(d) Buying matzo.
3. Where did Piri go to school after being expelled?
(a) At a community center.
(b) At the synagogue.
(c) She stayed home.
(d) In the streets.
4. How does Piri characterize the family's Passover dinner?
5. Why was Piri mad at Iboya, now that Iboya was working?
(a) She was coarse.
(b) She was secretive.
(c) She was overbearing.
(d) She was superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
2. What was disturbing to this visitor?
3. Whom did Iboya go with to these clandestine gatherings?
4. How did the Sanyi's family escape?
5. What did the family name the goat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos, and Manci after her trip?
2. What upset Piri's mother in Chapter 12?
3. Describe the conditions at the ghetto.
4. Describe Piri's development into womanhood.
5. Describe Mother's preparation for the mission regarding Manci.
6. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
7. Where did Iboya get work?
8. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
9. How did Piri's schooling change as a result of the Germans' policies?
10. What were the family's options for escaping after Lujza's death?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)