|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Piri have her first kiss?
(a) At the city center.
(b) In a warehouse.
(c) At a Zionist meeting.
(d) At Gari's house.
2. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to steal food for it.
(b) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
(c) They had to bring it home at night.
(d) They had to hide it.
3. How does Piri characterize the German invasion of Hungary?
4. Where had Lilli and Lajos been hiding?
(a) In a home.
(b) At a university.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the streets.
5. How did this ultimatum affect Mother?
(a) She vowed never to leave the house.
(b) She gave up her savings.
(c) She got ready to leave.
(d) She refused to give up any names.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did this change things for Piri's family?
2. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
3. What did Mother blame herself for?
4. How had Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
5. What did Mother have a talk with Mr. Schwartz about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
2. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
3. Describe the circumstances of Lujza's death.
4. Describe the trip mother took on Manci's behalf.
5. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
6. Describe the Zionist meetings Piri attended.
7. Describe Piri's development into womanhood.
8. Where were the Jews concentrated by the Germans?
9. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos, and Manci after her trip?
10. Describe the family's departure for the ghetto.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)