|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
(a) The telephone office.
(b) The train station.
(d) The Police station.
2. Where did Piri and her friends spend a lot of their time?
(a) Gari's family's house.
(b) Laying around with the other refugees.
(c) In the streets.
(d) Her house.
3. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to steal food for it.
(b) They had to hide it.
(c) They had to bring it home at night.
(d) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
4. What was Iboya's job?
(b) Printer's assistant.
(c) Filing clerk.
(d) Delivery girl.
5. How does Piri characterize the family's Passover dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mr. Schwartz offer Iboya work?
2. Why was Piri mad at Iboya, now that Iboya was working?
3. What did mother argue for at the ghetto?
4. Where did Piri go to school after being expelled?
5. What was disturbing to this visitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the group of children with whom Piri spent her time.
2. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
3. How did life in the ghetto affect Mother?
4. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
5. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
6. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
7. How did Piri's schooling change as a result of the Germans' policies?
8. Describe the conditions at the ghetto.
9. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
10. Why did Piri and Iboya end up running the household themselves?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)