|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was disturbing to this visitor?
(a) The declining influence of the Zionists.
(b) The injustice of German policies.
(c) The food rationing.
(d) The rising cost of silk stockings.
2. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
(a) The telephone office.
(b) The train station.
(d) The Police station.
3. How old does Piri say the people were at these secret gatherings?
(d) Forties and fifties.
4. What did Mother find in her travels?
(a) Manci had been kept at a hospital.
(b) Manci had died.
(c) Manci had been shipped away.
(d) Manci had already escaped.
5. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
(a) He smuggled money and food to the family.
(b) He helped the family get Lilli released.
(c) He cared for mother in her distress.
(d) He reported them to the authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Piri and her friends spend a lot of their time?
2. What did Mother have to wait for?
3. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
4. How does Piri say Iboya would return from work?
5. How had Luzja killed herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Iboya get work?
2. What upset Piri's mother in Chapter 12?
3. Describe Piri's development into womanhood.
4. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
5. Why did Piri and Iboya end up running the household themselves?
6. Describe the family's purchase of a goat.
7. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
8. Where were the Jews concentrated by the Germans?
9. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
10. How did life in the ghetto affect Mother?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)