|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traveled in front of the family home?
(a) A procession of wagons.
(b) Columns of tanks.
(c) Columns of soldiers.
(d) Factory equipment.
2. Why did Manci need to be picked up?
(a) She was found to be innocent.
(b) She was being released.
(c) She was going to be deported.
(d) She had whooping cough.
3. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
(a) To have milk for the children.
(b) To assert her defiance.
(c) To sell goat cheese.
(d) To have fresh meat.
4. Who was NOT part of Piri's gang of friends?
(b) Gari Weiss.
(c) Judi Gerber.
5. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
(a) He smuggled money and food to the family.
(b) He cared for mother in her distress.
(c) He helped the family get Lilli released.
(d) He reported them to the authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Iboya's job?
2. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
3. How had Luzja killed herself?
4. Who took Piri's goat away?
5. Where were Jews being taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Dr. Feher?
2. How did the incident with Lilli change Piri's mother?
3. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
4. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
5. Describe the conditions at the ghetto.
6. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
7. How did life in the ghetto affect Mother?
8. Describe the circumstances of Lujza's death.
9. What were the family's options for escaping after Lujza's death?
10. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos, and Manci after her trip?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)