|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mr. Shuster?
(a) A very sick man in the ghetto.
(b) The leader of the ghetto.
(c) An agent provocateur.
(d) The leader of the resistance.
2. Where was Father being held?
(a) A German concentration camp.
(b) A military prison.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A Russian prison camp.
3. Lajos was accused of ____________.
(c) Beating a soldier.
4. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to steal food for it.
(b) They had to bring it home at night.
(c) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
(d) They had to hide it.
5. What did Piri do while her mother was gone?
(a) Stay with friends.
(b) Run the household.
(c) Look for work.
(d) Help Mrs. Gerber run the household.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was visiting the house frequently by this time?
2. Whom did Mother and Piri hear were likely in the procession somewhere?
3. What was Mother's response to Uncle Sanyi?
4. What did the family know was coming?
5. Who took Piri's goat away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Iboya get work?
2. Describe the trip mother took on Manci's behalf.
3. Describe the conditions at the ghetto.
4. What upset Piri's mother in Chapter 12?
5. What were the family's options for escaping after Lujza's death?
6. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
7. Describe the family's purchase of a goat.
8. Describe the Zionist meetings Piri attended.
9. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
10. Describe the group of children with whom Piri spent her time.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)