|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traveled in front of the family home?
(a) Columns of soldiers.
(b) Factory equipment.
(c) A procession of wagons.
(d) Columns of tanks.
2. What did Mother have a talk with Mr. Schwartz about?
(a) Going into hiding.
(b) Putting her daughter in danger.
(c) Helping the resistance.
(d) Getting smuggled out of Beregszasz.
3. What was Mother's response to Uncle Sanyi?
(a) She came with him to identify the body.
(b) She let him stay the night.
(c) She found people to take care of him.
(d) She sent him home.
4. How does Piri say Iboya would return from work?
5. What did Lilli decide to give up?
(a) Her plans to emigrate.
(b) Her dream of school.
(c) Her savings.
(d) Her apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Iboya's job?
2. What does the family learn at the end of Chapter 11?
3. Where did Mr. Schwartz offer Iboya work?
4. Who was NOT part of Piri's gang of friends?
5. Where did Mother go to look for Manci?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Piri's schooling change as a result of the Germans' policies?
2. Describe the trip mother took on Manci's behalf.
3. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
4. Where would Iboya spend time outside the house?
5. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
6. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
7. Describe the Zionist meetings Piri attended.
8. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
9. Where did Iboya get work?
10. Describe the family's departure for the ghetto.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)