|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mr. Shuster?
(a) The leader of the ghetto.
(b) An agent provocateur.
(c) A very sick man in the ghetto.
(d) The leader of the resistance.
2. What was Mr. Schwartz' response to Mother?
(a) He told her how much it would cost to be smuggled out.
(b) He assured her he would keep Iboya safe.
(c) He said there wasn't any space for her to be smuggled out.
(d) He said that the resistance didn't need her help.
3. What did the family name the goat?
(a) The bleating nuisance.
(b) The milkmaker.
4. What traveled in front of the family home?
(a) Factory equipment.
(b) A procession of wagons.
(c) Columns of soldiers.
(d) Columns of tanks.
5. Lajos was accused of ____________.
(c) Beating a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lilli decide to give up?
2. Where did Mother go to look for Manci?
3. What did Iboya confess about Mr. Schwartz?
4. How does Piri describe the ghetto?
5. What happened to Dr. Feher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Dr. Feher?
2. Where did Iboya get work?
3. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
4. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
5. How did the incident with Lilli change Piri's mother?
6. Describe the conditions at the ghetto.
7. Describe the family's departure for the ghetto.
8. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
9. Where would Iboya spend time outside the house?
10. Describe the group of children with whom Piri spent her time.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)