|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mr. Baltar?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A smuggler.
2. How does Piri describe the ghetto?
(a) A death camp.
(b) A prison.
(c) A work camp.
(d) A brick factory turned prison.
3. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
(a) Betray the Jews in the town or have the entire town destroyed.
(b) Pay a large sum, or the religious leaders would be killed.
(c) Give up the Jews in hiding, or his family would be beaten and raped.
(d) Leave Beregszasz or be killed.
4. What plans were made at the places Iboya went in secret?
(a) To harass Jews.
(b) To shelter Jews.
(c) To escape from Beregszasz.
(d) To kill Nazis.
5. Whom did Iboya go with to these clandestine gatherings?
(c) Aunt Lujza.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lilli decide to give up?
2. Why did Mr. Shuster oppose Mother's plans?
3. What did Mother do for Dr. Feher?
4. What did Piri do while her mother was gone?
5. What did Dr. Feher give Mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos, and Manci after her trip?
2. Where were the Jews concentrated by the Germans?
3. How did Iboya's work affect the family?
4. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
5. How did Piri's schooling change as a result of the Germans' policies?
6. How did life in the ghetto affect Mother?
7. Describe the Zionist meetings Piri attended.
8. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
9. Describe the conditions at the ghetto.
10. Describe the family's departure for the ghetto.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)