|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother do for the Yiddish-speaking stranger?
(a) Helped her get a visa to leave.
(b) Found her an apartment.
(c) Fed her and cared for her baby.
(d) Gave her directions.
2. What did Mother do as soon as she got Piri home?
(a) Feed her.
(b) Wash her.
(c) Lecture her about how life had changed.
(d) Ask her about everything.
3. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
(a) The food.
(b) The political tension.
(c) The violence.
(d) The city smells.
4. How did Piri help Farenc?
(a) She gave him directions.
(b) She gave him food.
(c) She gave him bandages.
(d) She gave him a ride.
5. In what voice is 'Upon the Head of A Goat' narrated?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Third person limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were conditions like in the woman's home?
2. What did Lilli tell Piri?
3. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
4. What was Mother's response to this incident?
5. What was Piri's mood about school and her future?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did current events affect the Passover holiday?
2. What conflict does Piri witness?
3. What did Father expect to happen after his battalion passed through Beregszasz?
4. Describe Piri's family's friendship with Mrs. Gerber.
5. What did Piri learn from the letter that came from her parents in Beregszasz?
6. Describe Piri's parents' visit to Komjaty.
7. How did Piri's mother react to this encounter with the group of boys?
8. Where does 'Upon the Head of a Goat' begin?
9. Describe Piri's relationship with Farenc.
10. What did Babi want Mother and Father to do with the children, and what was Mother's response?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)