|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) She went horseback riding.
(b) She went to sleep.
(c) Her grandmother made her a snack.
(d) She was sent to Komjaty.
2. Why wasn't Babi impressed that Piri was a favorite of her teacher?
(a) Babi thought Piri was just being a kiss-up.
(b) Babi thought the teacher was just currying favor with her.
(c) Babi thought she was being used as a translator.
(d) Babi thought the teacher was prejudiced and unintelligent.
3. What was Mother's response to this incident?
(a) She was unaffected.
(b) She reported it to the authorities.
(c) She decided to move to America.
(d) She worried.
4. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
(a) She read histories and talked to people who had traveled, to see what they could tell her.
(b) She was too young to know anything about the political situation.
(c) She read a story about Jews being rounded up, but didn't understand the big picture.
(d) She followed the papers, and tried to understand everything she could.
5. How did Piri help Farenc?
(a) She gave him food.
(b) She gave him directions.
(c) She gave him a ride.
(d) She gave him bandages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was it before Piri saw Farenc again?
2. What made Piri ill?
3. What did Mother prepare for Father's visit?
4. Where did Mother take the woman?
5. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Father's visit home.
2. Describe Piri's parents' visit to Komjaty.
3. What news did Piri get from Lilli?
4. What did Farenc say about Babi's desire to ship the children to America?
5. What did Babi want Mother and Father to do with the children, and what was Mother's response?
6. What conflict does Piri witness?
7. Why did Babi distrust Farenc?
8. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
9. How did Piri communicate with her family in Beregszasz?
10. What bad news did Farenc deliver during one visit?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)