|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piri's father say people treat him?
(a) They look down on him because he is Czech.
(b) They look up to him because he is Hungarian.
(c) They admire him because he is educated.
(d) They look up to him because he is Ukrainian.
2. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
(a) She read histories and talked to people who had traveled, to see what they could tell her.
(b) She followed the papers, and tried to understand everything she could.
(c) She was too young to know anything about the political situation.
(d) She read a story about Jews being rounded up, but didn't understand the big picture.
3. What made Piri ill?
(a) Lack of food.
(b) Missing Farenc.
(d) Leaving Komjaty.
4. Where did Father expect his battalion to go?
5. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
(a) The children did military drills instead of playing.
(b) There were air attack drills all the time.
(c) Classes were smaller as children went to America or fled Europe.
(d) Some of the buildings had been turned into barracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
2. Where were Piri and Iboya when they were nearly attacked?
3. What was Piri's mood about school and her future?
4. Why wasn't Babi impressed that Piri was a favorite of her teacher?
5. Where did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait for their men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri's relationship with Farenc.
2. Why did Piri's mother express concern over Rozsi?
3. What did Piri learn from the letter that came from her parents in Beregszasz?
4. How did Piri communicate with her family in Beregszasz?
5. Describe the woman mother helped.
6. What were the children doing when Piri entered fifth grade?
7. What did Father expect to happen after his battalion passed through Beregszasz?
8. How did Piri get food and supplies in Beregszasz?
9. What political event ends Chapter 8?
10. Describe Piri's return to Beregszasz.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)