|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mother's response to this incident?
(a) She was unaffected.
(b) She worried.
(c) She decided to move to America.
(d) She reported it to the authorities.
2. Why did Babi distrust the Hungarians?
(a) They were largely Jewish.
(b) They persecuted Ukrainians.
(c) They were close to Germans.
(d) They spoke a language she didn't understand.
3. What made Piri ill?
(a) Leaving Komjaty.
(b) Missing Farenc.
(c) Lack of food.
4. What did Piri receive as a gift?
(a) A book.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A glass globe.
(d) A set of paints.
5. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
(a) She pitied him.
(b) She idealized him.
(c) She feared him.
(d) She wanted to see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Babi prepare for the holiday?
2. What did Piri get to do when she arrived in Beregszasz?
3. What was Piri's mood about school and her future?
4. What did Piri expect her future to look like?
5. What did Piri's disappointment tell her about the larger culture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Babi want Mother and Father to do with the children, and what was Mother's response?
2. Describe Father's visit home.
3. What conflict does Piri witness?
4. What did Piri learn from the letter that came from her parents in Beregszasz?
5. What was strange to Piri about Babi's distrust?
6. What political event ends Chapter 8?
7. Describe the woman mother helped.
8. What news did Piri get from Lilli?
9. How did Piri's mother react to this encounter with the group of boys?
10. What bad news did Farenc deliver during one visit?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)