|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
(b) Her grandmother.
2. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) She fled to America.
(b) She crossed the border into Ukraine.
(c) Trains to Beregszasz stopped running.
(d) They had to flee without her.
3. What did Lilli tell Piri?
(a) The family was making plans to move.
(b) The family was spending as much time as possible at her apartment outside the city.
(c) She and her husband were getting a place of their own.
(d) She and her husband were staying with the family frequently.
4. What did Rozsi say in her letters home?
(a) They were starting to take away the Jews.
(b) The fighting was getting closer.
(c) Everyone was leaving.
(d) She was alright.
5. What does Farenc say about what Piri tells him?
(a) He was leaving soon.
(b) It wouldn't change anything.
(c) His family is gone.
(d) It was a good idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
2. Who comes to the farm a few weeks after Piri's new sister is born?
3. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
4. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
5. What did Piri receive as a gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Etu, and why did she too survive the Holocaust?
2. What happened to Dr. Feher?
3. What were the children doing when Piri entered fifth grade?
4. How did Piri get food and supplies in Beregszasz?
5. Why was Mother upset with Piri over Dr. Feher's death?
6. What happened when Piri's mother inquired into sending the girls to America?
7. How did Piri's schooling change as a result of the Germans' policies?
8. How did life in the ghetto affect Mother?
9. What did Babi want Mother and Father to do with the children, and what was Mother's response?
10. What was strange to Piri about Babi's distrust?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)