|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rozsi walk with Piri?
(a) To the train station.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the school.
(d) To the woods.
2. What were conditions like in the woman's home?
(a) Hitler was depriving Jews of their rights.
(b) Her family has left her to get away from Hitler.
(c) Her entire village had been massacred.
(d) The Germans were drafting people into the army.
3. What had Babi done to help Mother make this attempt?
(a) Sold some land.
(b) Withdrawn her savings.
(c) Told her who could forge papers.
(d) Called some officials she knew.
4. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
(a) She spoke Hungarian.
(b) She spoke Yiddish.
(c) She was good at math.
(d) She spoke Ukrainian.
5. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) She went to sleep.
(b) She went horseback riding.
(c) Her grandmother made her a snack.
(d) She was sent to Komjaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Farenc help Piri?
2. When did Mother finally see Father?
3. What was Father's expectation?
4. What festivities did Babi prepare for, in spite of the fact that family wouldn't be able to gather?
5. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri and Iboya's encounter with the armed young men.
2. Describe Piri's departure from Komjaty.
3. Why did Babi distrust Farenc?
4. Discuss Farenc's return to Babi's farm.
5. How did current events affect the Passover holiday?
6. What political event ends Chapter 8?
7. Why did Piri's mother express concern over Rozsi?
8. How did Piri communicate with her family in Beregszasz?
9. What happened when Piri's mother inquired into sending the girls to America?
10. How did Piri's mother react to this encounter with the group of boys?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)