|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the narrator sent to Komjaty?
(a) To fight the Nazis.
(b) To find her parents.
(c) To flee the Nazis.
(d) To spend time with her grandmother.
2. What was Piri's routine while her father was away?
(a) She went to school.
(b) She worked in the fields.
(c) She took care of Molcha.
(d) She took care of Joli.
3. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
(a) Rozsi was engaged to Farenc.
(b) She wanted to go away.
(c) She liked her teacher.
(d) Rozsi only spoke to baby.
4. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
(a) She could not quite adjust.
(b) She adjusted quickly.
(c) She adjusted painfully.
(d) She adjusted reluctantly.
5. What did Mother do as soon as she got Piri home?
(a) Lecture her about how life had changed.
(b) Feed her.
(c) Wash her.
(d) Ask her about everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mother give Piri now that she was in the city?
2. Who is Farenc?
3. How does Piri characterize her mother's state of mind on returning home in Chapter 8?
4. How did Piri hear from her parents?
5. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Piri communicate with her family in Beregszasz?
2. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos, and Manci after her trip?
3. What news did Piri get from Lilli?
4. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
5. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
6. How did life in the ghetto affect Mother?
7. What was strange to Piri about Babi's distrust?
8. How did Piri's schooling change as a result of the Germans' policies?
9. Describe Mother's preparation for the mission regarding Manci.
10. What happened when Piri's mother inquired into sending the girls to America?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)