|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were conditions like in the woman's home?
(a) The Germans were drafting people into the army.
(b) Hitler was depriving Jews of their rights.
(c) Her family has left her to get away from Hitler.
(d) Her entire village had been massacred.
2. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
(a) They had to move out of their house.
(b) They were harassed constantly.
(c) They were not allowed into certain districts.
(d) They had to keep a low profile as Jews.
3. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
(a) Rosh Hashanah.
4. Who is Farenc?
(a) A German soldier.
(b) A Hungarian policeman.
(c) A Ukrainian soldier.
(d) Piri's brother.
5. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
(a) She feared him.
(b) She pitied him.
(c) She wanted to see him.
(d) She idealized him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lajos?
2. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
3. Where did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait for their men?
4. What did the woman find in the place Mother took her to?
5. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri's departure from Komjaty.
2. What news did Piri get from Lilli?
3. Describe Piri's family's friendship with Mrs. Gerber.
4. How did Piri get food and supplies in Beregszasz?
5. What happened when Piri's mother inquired into sending the girls to America?
6. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
7. What did Father expect to happen after his battalion passed through Beregszasz?
8. Describe Piri and Iboya's encounter with the armed young men.
9. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
10. Discuss Farenc's return to Babi's farm.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)