|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother give Piri now that she was in the city?
(a) A good scrubbing.
(d) A lecture about Germans.
2. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
(a) Decorate the garden.
(b) Help her clean the house.
(c) Visit the synagogue.
(d) Catch chickens.
3. What festivities did Babi prepare for, in spite of the fact that family wouldn't be able to gather?
(a) Rosh Hashanah.
4. When was Father's battalion going to come through Beregszasz?
5. What grade did Piri start in 1941?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Farenc sad to tell Piri?
2. Who was Shimi Stern?
3. Where were Father and Lajos at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. How did Piri's family celebrate Hanukkah?
5. What political alliance took place at the end of Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Father expect to happen after his battalion passed through Beregszasz?
2. Discuss Farenc's return to Babi's farm.
3. What bad news did Farenc deliver during one visit?
4. Describe Piri's family's friendship with Mrs. Gerber.
5. Why did Piri's mother express concern over Rozsi?
6. What conflict does Piri witness?
7. What happened when Piri's mother inquired into sending the girls to America?
8. Describe Piri's relationship with Farenc.
9. Describe Piri's parents' visit to Komjaty.
10. Describe Piri's return to Beregszasz.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)