|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Babi distrust the Hungarians?
(a) They persecuted Ukrainians.
(b) They were close to Germans.
(c) They spoke a language she didn't understand.
(d) They were largely Jewish.
2. What was Piri's baby sister named?
3. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
(a) The food.
(b) The political tension.
(c) The city smells.
(d) The violence.
4. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
(a) Komjaty was not going to be attacked.
(b) The road to Beregszasz was closed.
(c) Komjaty was about to be shelled.
(d) Her parents had escaped.
5. What does Farenc say about what Piri tells him?
(a) It wouldn't change anything.
(b) He was leaving soon.
(c) It was a good idea.
(d) His family is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the narrator sent to Komjaty?
2. What did mother express concern over?
3. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
4. What was Piri's routine while her father was away?
5. What happened when the boys chased Piri and Iboya?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri's departure from Komjaty.
2. Why did Piri's mother express concern over Rozsi?
3. Describe the woman mother helped.
4. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
5. Describe Piri and Iboya's encounter with the armed young men.
6. What were the children doing when Piri entered fifth grade?
7. Describe Piri's return to Beregszasz.
8. Why did Babi distrust Farenc?
9. Describe Piri's family's friendship with Mrs. Gerber.
10. How did current events affect the Passover holiday?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)