|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator?
2. What festivities did Babi prepare for, in spite of the fact that family wouldn't be able to gather?
(a) Rosh Hashanah.
3. What did Piri receive as a gift?
(a) A set of paints.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A glass globe.
(d) A book.
4. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
(a) She wanted to see him.
(b) She feared him.
(c) She idealized him.
(d) She pitied him.
5. What was Piri's father's position?
(b) Army officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
2. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
3. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
4. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
5. What was Piri's baby sister named?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
2. What conflict does Piri witness?
3. Describe Father's visit home.
4. What did Farenc say about Babi's desire to ship the children to America?
5. What happened when Piri's mother inquired into sending the girls to America?
6. Describe Piri and Iboya's encounter with the armed young men.
7. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
8. What was strange to Piri about Babi's distrust?
9. Describe the family's Hanukkah.
10. Describe the woman mother helped.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)