|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Piri's routine while her father was away?
(a) She took care of Molcha.
(b) She went to school.
(c) She took care of Joli.
(d) She worked in the fields.
2. What happened when Farenc and reaction saw each other the first time?
(a) She gave him food.
(b) He kidnapped her.
(c) She mistook him for her boyfriend.
(d) Love at first sight.
3. Who is Molcha?
(a) A Hungarian soldier.
(b) Piri's cousin.
(c) Piri's teacher.
(d) A classmate of Piri's.
4. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
(a) Visit the synagogue.
(b) Decorate the garden.
(c) Catch chickens.
(d) Help her clean the house.
5. What made Piri ill?
(b) Lack of food.
(c) Missing Farenc.
(d) Leaving Komjaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Piri receive as a gift?
2. When was Father's battalion going to come through Beregszasz?
3. What does Farenc say about what Piri tells him?
4. What did Mother give Piri now that she was in the city?
5. What did Piri see in the river the morning after the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
2. What did Piri learn from the letter that came from her parents in Beregszasz?
3. Why did Babi distrust Farenc?
4. What happened when Piri's mother inquired into sending the girls to America?
5. What was strange to Piri about Babi's distrust?
6. What did Babi want Mother and Father to do with the children, and what was Mother's response?
7. Describe Piri's departure from Komjaty.
8. How did Piri get food and supplies in Beregszasz?
9. Describe Piri's family's friendship with Mrs. Gerber.
10. Describe Father's visit home.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)