|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the woman from?
2. Where did Father expect his battalion to go?
3. What grade did Piri start in 1941?
4. How does Piri characterize Father's farewell?
5. What did Mother give Piri now that she was in the city?
(b) A good scrubbing.
(c) A lecture about Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Mother failed to do when she came home at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
3. What part of Christmas disappointed Piri?
4. What was Piri's father's position?
5. What did Lilli tell Piri?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
2. What were the family's options for escaping after Lujza's death?
3. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
4. Describe the trip mother took on Manci's behalf.
5. What happened to Dr. Feher?
6. How did the family handle Lujza's death?
7. What was the rumor about what was going to happen to the Jews?
8. Describe the Zionist meetings Piri attended.
9. Describe the group of children with whom Piri spent her time.
10. Discuss Farenc's return to Babi's farm.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)