|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Molcha?
(a) Piri's cousin.
(b) Piri's teacher.
(c) A Hungarian soldier.
(d) A classmate of Piri's.
2. What political alliance took place at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Germany joined Japan against France and Britain.
(b) Vichy France joined Germany against the Free Zone.
(c) The U.S. joined Britain and France against Germany.
(d) Hungary joined Germany against Russia.
3. What was Piri's routine while her father was away?
(a) She worked in the fields.
(b) She went to school.
(c) She took care of Molcha.
(d) She took care of Joli.
4. Where did Father expect his battalion to go?
5. What did Piri see in the river the morning after the battle?
(a) A lost child.
(b) Soldiers bathing.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Dead soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Farenc sad to tell Piri?
2. What was Farenc riding when Piri met him?
3. What did Mother do as soon as she got Piri home?
4. How did Piri hear from her parents?
5. Who is Rozsi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri's return to Beregszasz.
2. How did Piri get food and supplies in Beregszasz?
3. Describe the family's Hanukkah.
4. Describe Piri's relationship with Farenc.
5. What did Farenc say about Babi's desire to ship the children to America?
6. Where does 'Upon the Head of a Goat' begin?
7. Describe Piri's departure from Komjaty.
8. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
9. Describe Father's visit home.
10. Describe the woman mother helped.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)