|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piri characterize Father's farewell?
2. What was Mother's connection to Mrs. Gerber?
(a) They knew each other from childhood.
(b) They worked in the same factory.
(c) Mrs. Gerber's husband was in the same battalion as Father.
(d) They taught in the same school.
3. What was Piri's father's position?
(b) Army officer.
4. What did the woman find in the place Mother took her to?
(a) A hiding place for Jewish refugees.
(b) Work and support.
(c) Money and food.
(d) Information about her family.
5. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
(c) Only Father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Father expect his battalion to go?
2. What did Mother prepare for Father's visit?
3. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
4. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
5. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
2. What was strange to Piri about Babi's distrust?
3. Describe Piri's return to Beregszasz.
4. Describe Piri and Iboya's encounter with the armed young men.
5. How did current events affect the Passover holiday?
6. What bad news did Farenc deliver during one visit?
7. What conflict does Piri witness?
8. Discuss Farenc's return to Babi's farm.
9. What political event ends Chapter 8?
10. What did Father expect to happen after his battalion passed through Beregszasz?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)