|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the woman find in the place Mother took her to?
(a) Work and support.
(b) Information about her family.
(c) Money and food.
(d) A hiding place for Jewish refugees.
2. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
(a) The city smells.
(b) The political tension.
(c) The food.
(d) The violence.
3. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) She went to sleep.
(b) Her grandmother made her a snack.
(c) She went horseback riding.
(d) She was sent to Komjaty.
4. What did Piri tell Farenc during the visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The Germans were rounding up Jews.
(b) Her parents wanted to send her to America.
(c) The Germans were killing Jews.
(d) She is her teacher's favorite at school.
5. Who comes to the farm a few weeks after Piri's new sister is born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Piri's baby sister named?
2. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
3. When did Mother finally see Father?
4. Why was the narrator sent to Komjaty?
5. How did the war affect Piri's father's position?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Babi distrust Farenc?
2. What happened when Piri's mother inquired into sending the girls to America?
3. How did Piri communicate with her family in Beregszasz?
4. Describe Piri's relationship with Farenc.
5. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
6. What bad news did Farenc deliver during one visit?
7. Discuss Farenc's return to Babi's farm.
8. What did Babi want Mother and Father to do with the children, and what was Mother's response?
9. How did Piri's mother react to this encounter with the group of boys?
10. Describe the woman mother helped.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)