|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother do for the Yiddish-speaking stranger?
(a) Helped her get a visa to leave.
(b) Fed her and cared for her baby.
(c) Found her an apartment.
(d) Gave her directions.
2. What happened when the boys chased Piri and Iboya?
(a) A policeman chased the boys away.
(b) The boys caught them but didn't hurt them.
(c) They were beaten.
(d) They escaped.
3. How does Piri say she was greeted in Beregszasz?
4. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
(a) She adjusted quickly.
(b) She could not quite adjust.
(c) She adjusted painfully.
(d) She adjusted reluctantly.
5. Who was Shimi Stern?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A smuggler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Piri's baby sister named?
2. What did Piri anticipate when this visitor came to the farm?
3. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
4. What grade did Piri start in 1941?
5. What does Farenc say about what Piri tells him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri's return to Beregszasz.
2. Describe Piri's family's friendship with Mrs. Gerber.
3. Why did Piri's mother express concern over Rozsi?
4. How did current events affect the Passover holiday?
5. What happened when Piri's mother inquired into sending the girls to America?
6. How did Piri get food and supplies in Beregszasz?
7. Describe Piri's relationship with Farenc.
8. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
9. What news did Piri get from Lilli?
10. What did Farenc say about Babi's desire to ship the children to America?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)