|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lajos?
(a) Piri's sister-in-law.
(b) Piri's uncle.
(c) Piri's brother-in-law.
(d) Piri's cousin.
2. What was Piri's father's position?
(d) Army officer.
3. What did Mother give Piri now that she was in the city?
(c) A lecture about Germans.
(d) A good scrubbing.
4. What was Piri's baby sister named?
5. What did Piri anticipate when this visitor came to the farm?
(a) Leaving for America.
(b) Helping her parents move to Komjaty.
(c) Returning to Beregszasz herself.
(d) Taking care of her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
2. In what voice is 'Upon the Head of A Goat' narrated?
3. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
4. What did mother express concern over?
5. When was Father's battalion going to come through Beregszasz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the woman mother helped.
2. How did current events affect the Passover holiday?
3. Describe Piri's return to Beregszasz.
4. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
5. Where does 'Upon the Head of a Goat' begin?
6. What were the children doing when Piri entered fifth grade?
7. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
8. What did Babi want Mother and Father to do with the children, and what was Mother's response?
9. How did Piri's mother react to this encounter with the group of boys?
10. How did Piri get food and supplies in Beregszasz?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)