|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait without seeing their husbands?
(a) More than a week.
(b) Almost a week.
(c) A few days.
(d) A couple of weeks.
2. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
(a) Visit the synagogue.
(b) Help her clean the house.
(c) Decorate the garden.
(d) Catch chickens.
3. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
(a) The violence.
(b) The political tension.
(c) The food.
(d) The city smells.
4. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
(a) She idealized him.
(b) She pitied him.
(c) She feared him.
(d) She wanted to see him.
5. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
(c) Rosh Hashanah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother was going to inquire into _________________.
2. What made Piri ill?
3. What did Mother prepare for Father's visit?
4. How does Piri characterize her mother's state of mind on returning home in Chapter 8?
5. Who comes to the farm a few weeks after Piri's new sister is born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri's departure from Komjaty.
2. What was strange to Piri about Babi's distrust?
3. Describe Piri's return to Beregszasz.
4. What did Father expect to happen after his battalion passed through Beregszasz?
5. How did Piri get food and supplies in Beregszasz?
6. Describe the woman mother helped.
7. How did Piri's mother react to this encounter with the group of boys?
8. What were the children doing when Piri entered fifth grade?
9. What news did Piri get from Lilli?
10. Why did Piri's mother express concern over Rozsi?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)