Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Shimi Stern?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A smuggler.
2. What was Piri's baby sister named?
3. What happened when the boys chased Piri and Iboya?
(a) The boys caught them but didn't hurt them.
(b) A policeman chased the boys away.
(c) They were beaten.
(d) They escaped.
4. What happened when Farenc and reaction saw each other the first time?
(a) She mistook him for her boyfriend.
(b) Love at first sight.
(c) He kidnapped her.
(d) She gave him food.
5. Where were Father and Lajos at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) At the farm.
(b) Hiding in the forests.
(c) In the city.
(d) Off at war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Piri characterize Father's farewell?
2. What did Piri see in the river the morning after the battle?
3. In what location did the narrator begin?
4. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
5. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri and Iboya's encounter with the armed young men.
2. Describe the Zionist meetings Piri attended.
3. Describe the ultimatum the Germans issued to the Jewish community.
4. What message did Mother get from Lajos' parents?
5. Describe Piri's parents' visit to Komjaty.
6. How did Piri get food and supplies in Beregszasz?
7. How did the political scene change in Hungary?
8. What happened when Piri's mother inquired into sending the girls to America?
9. How did Piri's schooling change as a result of the Germans' policies?
10. What upset Piri's mother in Chapter 12?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)