|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mother's connection to Mrs. Gerber?
(a) They taught in the same school.
(b) Mrs. Gerber's husband was in the same battalion as Father.
(c) They worked in the same factory.
(d) They knew each other from childhood.
2. What festivities did Babi prepare for, in spite of the fact that family wouldn't be able to gather?
(b) Rosh Hashanah.
3. Who is Lajos?
(a) Piri's uncle.
(b) Piri's brother-in-law.
(c) Piri's cousin.
(d) Piri's sister-in-law.
4. What made Piri ill?
(a) Missing Farenc.
(b) Leaving Komjaty.
(c) Lack of food.
5. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
(a) She wanted to go away.
(b) Rozsi was engaged to Farenc.
(c) Rozsi only spoke to baby.
(d) She liked her teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Piri see in the river the morning after the battle?
2. Why wasn't Babi impressed that Piri was a favorite of her teacher?
3. Where was Mrs. Gerber's daughter?
4. What did the woman find in the place Mother took her to?
5. When was Father's battalion going to come through Beregszasz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Babi want Mother and Father to do with the children, and what was Mother's response?
2. What were the children doing when Piri entered fifth grade?
3. What did Farenc say about Babi's desire to ship the children to America?
4. What did Father expect to happen after his battalion passed through Beregszasz?
5. Describe Father's visit home.
6. What conflict does Piri witness?
7. How did Piri get food and supplies in Beregszasz?
8. Where does 'Upon the Head of a Goat' begin?
9. Describe Piri's family's friendship with Mrs. Gerber.
10. How did Piri communicate with her family in Beregszasz?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)