|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mother finally see Father?
(a) She found him in town.
(b) He found her in the market.
(c) She found him at the train station.
(d) He came in the night.
2. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
(a) She spoke Ukrainian.
(b) She was good at math.
(c) She spoke Yiddish.
(d) She spoke Hungarian.
3. What had Babi done to help Mother make this attempt?
(a) Sold some land.
(b) Called some officials she knew.
(c) Withdrawn her savings.
(d) Told her who could forge papers.
4. In what voice is 'Upon the Head of A Goat' narrated?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Third person limited.
5. What made Piri ill?
(a) Lack of food.
(c) Missing Farenc.
(d) Leaving Komjaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the woman from?
2. What did Lilli tell Piri?
3. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
4. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
5. What did Mother prepare for Father's visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the children doing when Piri entered fifth grade?
2. How did Piri's mother react to this encounter with the group of boys?
3. What happened when Piri's mother inquired into sending the girls to America?
4. How did current events affect the Passover holiday?
5. What news did Piri get from Lilli?
6. What conflict does Piri witness?
7. What political event ends Chapter 8?
8. Describe Piri's family's friendship with Mrs. Gerber.
9. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
10. Describe Piri's relationship with Farenc.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)