|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Farenc help Piri?
(a) He gave her food.
(b) He found her grandparents.
(c) He gave her a ride.
(d) He gave her someplace to stay.
2. Where was Mrs. Gerber's daughter?
3. What was Farenc riding when Piri met him?
(a) A tank.
(b) A stretcher.
(c) A horse.
(d) A motorcycle.
4. What was Piri's father's position?
(b) Army officer.
5. Who is Farenc?
(a) Piri's brother.
(b) A German soldier.
(c) A Hungarian policeman.
(d) A Ukrainian soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
2. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
4. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
5. Where did Mother take the woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Babi distrust Farenc?
2. Describe Piri's relationship with Farenc.
3. Describe Father's visit home.
4. How did current events affect the Passover holiday?
5. What did Farenc say about Babi's desire to ship the children to America?
6. What was strange to Piri about Babi's distrust?
7. What happened when Piri's mother inquired into sending the girls to America?
8. Describe Piri's parents' visit to Komjaty.
9. What did Babi want Mother and Father to do with the children, and what was Mother's response?
10. How did Piri's mother react to this encounter with the group of boys?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)