|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Babi done to help Mother make this attempt?
(a) Withdrawn her savings.
(b) Sold some land.
(c) Told her who could forge papers.
(d) Called some officials she knew.
2. What did Piri anticipate when this visitor came to the farm?
(a) Leaving for America.
(b) Helping her parents move to Komjaty.
(c) Returning to Beregszasz herself.
(d) Taking care of her sister.
3. What had changed about Piri's mother?
(a) She was sick.
(b) She looked steely and determined.
(c) She was always worried.
(d) She was pregnant.
4. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
(a) They were not allowed into certain districts.
(b) They were harassed constantly.
(c) They had to move out of their house.
(d) They had to keep a low profile as Jews.
5. How did the war affect Piri's father's position?
(a) He was drafted.
(b) He was demoted.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was it before Piri saw Farenc again?
2. Where were Piri and Iboya when they were nearly attacked?
3. In what location did the narrator begin?
4. Where did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait for their men?
5. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Piri communicate with her family in Beregszasz?
2. Describe Piri's parents' visit to Komjaty.
3. What news did Piri get from Lilli?
4. Where does 'Upon the Head of a Goat' begin?
5. Describe Father's visit home.
6. Describe Piri's return to Beregszasz.
7. What did Father expect to happen after his battalion passed through Beregszasz?
8. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
9. Why did Babi distrust Farenc?
10. What were the children doing when Piri entered fifth grade?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)