|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Piri hear from her parents?
(a) Her father showed up in Komjaty.
(b) A messenger brought a letter.
(c) Her grandfather got a messenger by passenger pigeon.
(d) Her grandmother got a telegram from her mother.
2. What does Babi beg of Piri's mother?
(a) To split the family up.
(b) To send the children to America.
(c) To come stay with her and Piri.
(d) To take the children with her.
3. Where did Rozsi walk with Piri?
(a) To the school.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the train station.
(d) To the woods.
4. What was Mother's response to this incident?
(a) She decided to move to America.
(b) She was unaffected.
(c) She reported it to the authorities.
(d) She worried.
5. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
(a) She feared him.
(b) She wanted to see him.
(c) She pitied him.
(d) She idealized him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
2. What was Piri's routine while her father was away?
3. Who was Shimi Stern?
4. What was Farenc sad to tell Piri?
5. In what location did the narrator begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict does Piri witness?
2. How did Piri get food and supplies in Beregszasz?
3. What did Piri learn from the letter that came from her parents in Beregszasz?
4. Describe Piri's relationship with Farenc.
5. Describe Piri's parents' visit to Komjaty.
6. Describe Piri's family's friendship with Mrs. Gerber.
7. What did Father expect to happen after his battalion passed through Beregszasz?
8. Where does 'Upon the Head of a Goat' begin?
9. Why did Babi distrust Farenc?
10. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)