|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Babi beg of Piri's mother?
(a) To take the children with her.
(b) To split the family up.
(c) To send the children to America.
(d) To come stay with her and Piri.
2. How did the war affect Piri's father's position?
(a) He was drafted.
(b) He was fired.
(c) He was demoted.
(d) He was promoted.
3. What was Piri's mood about school and her future?
4. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
(a) Komjaty was not going to be attacked.
(b) Komjaty was about to be shelled.
(c) Her parents had escaped.
(d) The road to Beregszasz was closed.
5. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
(a) She pitied him.
(b) She idealized him.
(c) She wanted to see him.
(d) She feared him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Piri anticipate when this visitor came to the farm?
2. What had changed about Piri's mother?
3. What was Piri's father's position?
4. What part of Christmas disappointed Piri?
5. Where was the woman from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Piri's mother inquired into sending the girls to America?
2. Why did Piri's mother express concern over Rozsi?
3. Why did Farenc agree to help Piri and her family?
4. What were the children doing when Piri entered fifth grade?
5. Describe Father's visit home.
6. What news did Piri get from Lilli?
7. Describe Piri's relationship with Farenc.
8. What did Farenc say about Babi's desire to ship the children to America?
9. What was strange to Piri about Babi's distrust?
10. How did Piri get food and supplies in Beregszasz?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)