|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Manci need to be picked up?
(a) She was going to be deported.
(b) She was found to be innocent.
(c) She had whooping cough.
(d) She was being released.
2. What did Mother try to do?
(a) Organize the prisoners.
(b) Bargain with the guards.
(c) Talk to the officials about supplies.
(d) Hang out sheets for privacy.
3. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
(a) He reported them to the authorities.
(b) He smuggled money and food to the family.
(c) He helped the family get Lilli released.
(d) He cared for mother in her distress.
4. Who took Piri's goat away?
(c) The housing bureau.
5. How did Mother change after her trip outside the city?
(a) She became more suspicious.
(b) She began to hear voices all the time.
(c) She got sick.
(d) She began to go crazy.
6. Who was NOT part of Piri's gang of friends?
(b) Judi Gerber.
(c) Gari Weiss.
7. What did Mother do for Dr. Feher?
(a) Helped his relatives.
(b) Helped bury him.
(c) Helped ransom his body.
(d) Prayed for him.
8. What did Piri do while her mother was gone?
(a) Stay with friends.
(b) Look for work.
(c) Help Mrs. Gerber run the household.
(d) Run the household.
9. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to bring it home at night.
(b) They had to steal food for it.
(c) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
(d) They had to hide it.
10. Where did Piri go to school after being expelled?
(a) She stayed home.
(b) At a community center.
(c) In the streets.
(d) At the synagogue.
11. What did the family know was coming?
(a) They would be taken to the ghetto.
(b) They would be killed.
(c) They would have to flee.
(d) They would be arrested.
12. What traveled in front of the family home?
(a) Columns of soldiers.
(b) Columns of tanks.
(c) A procession of wagons.
(d) Factory equipment.
13. What did Mother find in her travels?
(a) Manci had already escaped.
(b) Manci had been shipped away.
(c) Manci had died.
(d) Manci had been kept at a hospital.
14. Whom did Mother and Piri hear were likely in the procession somewhere?
(a) Babi and Rozsi.
(c) Shimi Stern.
(d) Lilli and Lajos.
15. What were the hours of the curfew for Jews?
(a) 3 a.m. to 10 a.m.
(b) 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
(c) 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
(d) 3 p.m. to 10 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mother go to look for Manci?
2. How had Luzja killed herself?
3. Where have the German soldiers ordered Mother to take them?
4. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
5. Where was Father being held?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)