|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother tell Piri?
(a) Manci was being released.
(b) They would be leaving soon.
(c) She would have to take over the household.
(d) Lajos had contacted his parents.
2. What plans were made at the places Iboya went in secret?
(a) To kill Nazis.
(b) To harass Jews.
(c) To escape from Beregszasz.
(d) To shelter Jews.
3. Who was Mr. Baltar?
(a) A smuggler.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A soldier.
4. Where did Mr. Schwartz offer Iboya work?
(a) A garage.
(b) A clothes store.
(c) A library.
(d) A fish shop.
5. How had Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
(a) By foot.
(b) By freight train.
(c) By truck.
(d) By underground railroad.
6. Where did Piri go to school after being expelled?
(a) At a community center.
(b) She stayed home.
(c) At the synagogue.
(d) In the streets.
7. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
(a) The Police station.
(b) The train station.
(d) The telephone office.
8. What did Mother find in her travels?
(a) Manci had been kept at a hospital.
(b) Manci had died.
(c) Manci had been shipped away.
(d) Manci had already escaped.
9. Who was NOT part of Piri's gang of friends?
(a) Judi Gerber.
(d) Gari Weiss.
10. At times, where did Iboya go instead of volunteering?
(a) To spy on soldiers.
(b) Poetry readings.
(c) Across the border.
(d) Zionist meetings.
11. What did Dr. Feher give Mother?
(a) Money, and medicine for Manci.
(b) Forged travel papers.
(c) Advice to stay home.
12. What did the family know was coming?
(a) They would be killed.
(b) They would have to flee.
(c) They would be taken to the ghetto.
(d) They would be arrested.
13. What did Piri and Iboya find when they went to the provision center?
(a) The Jews wouldn't get anything.
(b) There was a ranking system that governed who got the supplies.
(c) The Germans were keeping everything for themselves.
(d) There wasn't enough of anything to go around.
14. Why was Piri mad at Iboya, now that Iboya was working?
(a) She was overbearing.
(b) She was superior.
(c) She was secretive.
(d) She was coarse.
15. What did Piri do while her mother was gone?
(a) Look for work.
(b) Stay with friends.
(c) Run the household.
(d) Help Mrs. Gerber run the household.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Iboya confess about Mr. Schwartz?
2. How does Piri describe the ghetto?
3. Why was Mother upset in the beginning of chapter 12?
4. What was Mother's response to Uncle Sanyi?
5. How did Mother change after her trip outside the city?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)