|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Gerber give Piri when she arrived at her house?
(a) Food for Passover.
(b) A small gift in return for Passover food.
(c) The name of a smuggler.
(d) Information about Dr. Feher.
2. What had led Luzja to kill herself?
(a) She had been arrested.
(b) She had been beaten by soldiers.
(c) She had been caught at a Zionist meeting.
(d) She had been accused of lying.
3. What was Iboya's job?
(a) Delivery girl.
(b) Filing clerk.
(c) Printer's assistant.
4. Why was Piri mad at Iboya, now that Iboya was working?
(a) She was secretive.
(b) She was coarse.
(c) She was superior.
(d) She was overbearing.
5. What changed for Piri and Iboya when the Germans took over Hungary?
(a) Mother dressed them as filthy beggars to protect against rape.
(b) They did not have enough of any necessities.
(c) They were sent to the country to live with Babi.
(d) They had more food than before.
6. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to steal food for it.
(b) They had to bring it home at night.
(c) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
(d) They had to hide it.
7. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
(a) Leave Beregszasz or be killed.
(b) Betray the Jews in the town or have the entire town destroyed.
(c) Pay a large sum, or the religious leaders would be killed.
(d) Give up the Jews in hiding, or his family would be beaten and raped.
8. Where have the German soldiers ordered Mother to take them?
(a) To the synagogue.
(b) To the Zionist leaders.
(c) To the places where Jews were hiding.
(d) To the Juden bureau.
9. Where were Jews being taken?
(a) To work in factories.
(b) To work camps.
(c) To a ghetto.
(d) To death camps.
10. How had Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
(a) By underground railroad.
(b) By foot.
(c) By freight train.
(d) By truck.
11. Where was Iboya when the Germans came?
(a) In bed.
(b) At school.
(c) In the yard.
(d) Out getting supplies.
12. Where did Piri and her friends spend a lot of their time?
(a) In the streets.
(b) Her house.
(c) Gari's family's house.
(d) Laying around with the other refugees.
13. What did the family name the goat?
(a) The milkmaker.
(c) The bleating nuisance.
14. What did Mother tell Piri?
(a) Manci was being released.
(b) She would have to take over the household.
(c) They would be leaving soon.
(d) Lajos had contacted his parents.
15. Who was Mr. Baltar?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A smuggler.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the family know was coming?
2. What plans were made at the places Iboya went in secret?
3. What did Lilli decide to give up?
4. What traveled in front of the family home?
5. What did Iboya confess about Mr. Schwartz?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)