|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Piri expelled from school?
(a) She was unruly.
(b) She was insubordinate.
(c) She was Jewish.
(d) She had stolen money.
2. What did Mother have a talk with Mr. Schwartz about?
(a) Getting smuggled out of Beregszasz.
(b) Helping the resistance.
(c) Putting her daughter in danger.
(d) Going into hiding.
3. Where did Piri go to school after being expelled?
(a) At the synagogue.
(b) At a community center.
(c) She stayed home.
(d) In the streets.
4. Where was Iboya when the Germans came?
(a) Out getting supplies.
(b) In the yard.
(c) At school.
(d) In bed.
5. What did Mother try to do?
(a) Talk to the officials about supplies.
(b) Hang out sheets for privacy.
(c) Bargain with the guards.
(d) Organize the prisoners.
6. Why was Piri mad at Iboya, now that Iboya was working?
(a) She was secretive.
(b) She was superior.
(c) She was overbearing.
(d) She was coarse.
7. Who was Gari Weiss?
(a) Piri's cousin.
(b) Piri's teacher.
(c) A soldier.
(d) Piri's first crush.
8. What did Mother do to take care of her family?
(a) Arranged for her children to escape.
(b) Heated water for baths.
(c) Found food.
(d) Bribed German soldiers.
9. Lajos was accused of ____________.
(a) Beating a soldier.
10. What did Mother tell Piri?
(a) Lajos had contacted his parents.
(b) Manci was being released.
(c) They would be leaving soon.
(d) She would have to take over the household.
11. What did Mother find in her travels?
(a) Manci had already escaped.
(b) Manci had died.
(c) Manci had been shipped away.
(d) Manci had been kept at a hospital.
12. How did Mother change after her trip outside the city?
(a) She began to hear voices all the time.
(b) She became more suspicious.
(c) She began to go crazy.
(d) She got sick.
13. How has Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
(a) They were reported as Jews.
(b) They were turned in by informants.
(c) They got sick and were caught.
(d) They were caught stealing.
14. What did Iboya confess about Mr. Schwartz?
(a) He was a bootlegger.
(b) He was her lover.
(c) He was smuggling Jews.
(d) He was reporting Jews to the police.
15. At times, where did Iboya go instead of volunteering?
(a) Poetry readings.
(b) Zionist meetings.
(c) Across the border.
(d) To spy on soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Lilli and Lajos been hiding?
2. Whom did Iboya go with to these clandestine gatherings?
3. What was Iboya's job?
4. What was Mr. Schwartz' response to Mother?
5. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)