|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mother's response to Uncle Sanyi?
(a) She came with him to identify the body.
(b) She sent him home.
(c) She found people to take care of him.
(d) She let him stay the night.
2. Where did Mr. Schwartz offer Iboya work?
(a) A garage.
(b) A library.
(c) A clothes store.
(d) A fish shop.
3. Where did Piri have her first kiss?
(a) In a warehouse.
(b) At a Zionist meeting.
(c) At Gari's house.
(d) At the city center.
4. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to bring it home at night.
(b) They had to hide it.
(c) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
(d) They had to steal food for it.
5. At times, where did Iboya go instead of volunteering?
(a) Poetry readings.
(b) To spy on soldiers.
(c) Zionist meetings.
(d) Across the border.
6. How does Piri characterize the German invasion of Hungary?
7. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
(a) To have milk for the children.
(b) To assert her defiance.
(c) To sell goat cheese.
(d) To have fresh meat.
8. Lajos was accused of ____________.
(d) Beating a soldier.
9. What did the family know was coming?
(a) They would be arrested.
(b) They would have to flee.
(c) They would be killed.
(d) They would be taken to the ghetto.
10. What did Mother tell Piri?
(a) She would have to take over the household.
(b) They would be leaving soon.
(c) Manci was being released.
(d) Lajos had contacted his parents.
11. How does Piri characterize the family's Passover dinner?
12. What was disturbing to this visitor?
(a) The injustice of German policies.
(b) The food rationing.
(c) The declining influence of the Zionists.
(d) The rising cost of silk stockings.
13. Where did Mother go to look for Manci?
14. How did this change things for Piri's family?
(a) Lilli was living with them full-time now.
(b) They had money to flee with.
(c) They had more help in the house.
(d) They were determined to stay together, now.
15. Who told Mother that Dr. Feher was dead?
(b) Mr. Hirsch.
(c) Mrs. Gerber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What traveled in front of the family home?
2. Who took Piri's goat away?
3. What did Mother find in her travels?
4. Where had Lilli and Lajos been hiding?
5. What did Dr. Feher give Mother?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)