|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother do for Dr. Feher?
(a) Helped bury him.
(b) Helped his relatives.
(c) Prayed for him.
(d) Helped ransom his body.
2. Who was NOT part of Piri's gang of friends?
(b) Gari Weiss.
(d) Judi Gerber.
3. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
(a) A key.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A letter.
(d) A gift.
4. Who told Mother that Dr. Feher was dead?
(c) Mr. Hirsch.
(d) Mrs. Gerber.
5. Iboya volunteered for _______________.
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The police.
(c) The school.
(d) The hospital.
6. What did Iboya confess about Mr. Schwartz?
(a) He was reporting Jews to the police.
(b) He was smuggling Jews.
(c) He was her lover.
(d) He was a bootlegger.
7. How did Mother change after her trip outside the city?
(a) She began to go crazy.
(b) She got sick.
(c) She began to hear voices all the time.
(d) She became more suspicious.
8. How had Luzja killed herself?
(a) She jumped into the river.
(b) She stepped in front of a train.
(c) She slit her wrists.
(d) She took pills.
9. Where did Piri have her first kiss?
(a) In a warehouse.
(b) At a Zionist meeting.
(c) At the city center.
(d) At Gari's house.
10. Who was Gari Weiss?
(a) Piri's first crush.
(b) Piri's cousin.
(c) A soldier.
(d) Piri's teacher.
11. What was Iboya's job?
(a) Delivery girl.
(b) Printer's assistant.
(d) Filing clerk.
12. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to steal food for it.
(b) They had to bring it home at night.
(c) They had to hide it.
(d) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
13. What were the hours of the curfew for Jews?
(a) 3 a.m. to 10 a.m.
(b) 3 p.m. to 10 a.m.
(c) 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
(d) 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
14. At times, where did Iboya go instead of volunteering?
(a) Poetry readings.
(b) Across the border.
(c) To spy on soldiers.
(d) Zionist meetings.
15. What did Piri do while her mother was gone?
(a) Help Mrs. Gerber run the household.
(b) Stay with friends.
(c) Run the household.
(d) Look for work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
2. How did this change things for Piri's family?
3. Where did Piri go to school after being expelled?
4. Why did Manci need to be picked up?
5. Which country's lead does Piri say Hungary followed in instituting strict Anti-Semite laws?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)