|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Mother upset in the beginning of chapter 12?
(a) Lilli had been beaten.
(b) Father had been injured.
(c) Lilli had been taken away.
(d) Iboya had been arrested.
2. Why did Manci need to be picked up?
(a) She had whooping cough.
(b) She was found to be innocent.
(c) She was going to be deported.
(d) She was being released.
3. Lajos was accused of ____________.
(c) Beating a soldier.
4. What did the family know was coming?
(a) They would be taken to the ghetto.
(b) They would be arrested.
(c) They would have to flee.
(d) They would be killed.
5. Where did Piri go to school after being expelled?
(a) At a community center.
(b) At the synagogue.
(c) In the streets.
(d) She stayed home.
6. Where did Piri have her first kiss?
(a) In a warehouse.
(b) At Gari's house.
(c) At the city center.
(d) At a Zionist meeting.
7. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos and Manci?
(a) They were seen boarding a train.
(b) They had escaped.
(c) They were dead.
(d) They were sick.
8. Who took Piri's goat away?
(a) The housing bureau.
9. What did Mother blame herself for?
(a) Not having wanted to know that this was happening.
(b) Not having kept Lilli closer to home.
(c) Not having seen this coming.
(d) Not having left sooner.
10. What did Piri do while her mother was gone?
(a) Look for work.
(b) Stay with friends.
(c) Run the household.
(d) Help Mrs. Gerber run the household.
11. What did Mother have a talk with Mr. Schwartz about?
(a) Putting her daughter in danger.
(b) Helping the resistance.
(c) Going into hiding.
(d) Getting smuggled out of Beregszasz.
12. What did Mother tell Piri?
(a) Manci was being released.
(b) They would be leaving soon.
(c) Lajos had contacted his parents.
(d) She would have to take over the household.
13. Where were Jews being taken?
(a) To work in factories.
(b) To death camps.
(c) To a ghetto.
(d) To work camps.
14. What did mother argue for at the ghetto?
(a) Basic rights.
(c) Better sanitation.
(d) Clean water.
15. Where have the German soldiers ordered Mother to take them?
(a) To the places where Jews were hiding.
(b) To the Zionist leaders.
(c) To the Juden bureau.
(d) To the synagogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
2. What did Mother have to wait for?
3. What were the hours of the curfew for Jews?
4. What did Mrs. Gerber give Piri when she arrived at her house?
5. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)