|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother try to do?
(a) Talk to the officials about supplies.
(b) Bargain with the guards.
(c) Hang out sheets for privacy.
(d) Organize the prisoners.
2. What did Mother do for Dr. Feher?
(a) Helped ransom his body.
(b) Helped bury him.
(c) Prayed for him.
(d) Helped his relatives.
3. What had led Luzja to kill herself?
(a) She had been beaten by soldiers.
(b) She had been arrested.
(c) She had been accused of lying.
(d) She had been caught at a Zionist meeting.
4. What were the hours of the curfew for Jews?
(a) 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
(b) 3 a.m. to 10 a.m.
(c) 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
(d) 3 p.m. to 10 a.m.
5. What was Mr. Schwartz' response to Mother?
(a) He said that the resistance didn't need her help.
(b) He assured her he would keep Iboya safe.
(c) He said there wasn't any space for her to be smuggled out.
(d) He told her how much it would cost to be smuggled out.
6. How had Luzja killed herself?
(a) She slit her wrists.
(b) She took pills.
(c) She jumped into the river.
(d) She stepped in front of a train.
7. How does Piri describe the ghetto?
(a) A brick factory turned prison.
(b) A prison.
(c) A death camp.
(d) A work camp.
8. Iboya volunteered for _______________.
(a) The school.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The police.
9. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
(a) To have milk for the children.
(b) To assert her defiance.
(c) To have fresh meat.
(d) To sell goat cheese.
10. Why did Mr. Shuster oppose Mother's plans?
(a) He feared reprisals if the Jews rose up.
(b) He was full of his own power.
(c) It would anger the Germans.
(d) He was forbidden to allow any luxuries.
11. What did Mother blame herself for?
(a) Not having left sooner.
(b) Not having kept Lilli closer to home.
(c) Not having seen this coming.
(d) Not having wanted to know that this was happening.
12. What was disturbing to this visitor?
(a) The injustice of German policies.
(b) The rising cost of silk stockings.
(c) The declining influence of the Zionists.
(d) The food rationing.
13. Who was visiting the house frequently by this time?
(a) Aunt Luzja. Lilli.
(b) Dr. Feher.
(c) Mrs. Silverman.
(d) Mrs. Gerber.
14. How did Mother change after her trip outside the city?
(a) She became more suspicious.
(b) She began to go crazy.
(c) She began to hear voices all the time.
(d) She got sick.
15. What plans were made at the places Iboya went in secret?
(a) To escape from Beregszasz.
(b) To shelter Jews.
(c) To harass Jews.
(d) To kill Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
2. What did Mother have to wait for?
3. Where had Lilli and Lajos been hiding?
4. Why did Mother leave the city?
5. What was Iboya's job?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)