|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Lilli and Lajos been hiding?
(a) In a home.
(b) At a university.
(c) In the streets.
(d) In the woods.
2. What did Mother tell Piri?
(a) Lajos had contacted his parents.
(b) She would have to take over the household.
(c) Manci was being released.
(d) They would be leaving soon.
3. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to hide it.
(b) They had to bring it home at night.
(c) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
(d) They had to steal food for it.
4. How had Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
(a) By truck.
(b) By underground railroad.
(c) By freight train.
(d) By foot.
5. What did Mother do to take care of her family?
(a) Arranged for her children to escape.
(b) Heated water for baths.
(c) Found food.
(d) Bribed German soldiers.
6. Why did Mother leave the city?
(a) To buy another goat.
(b) To tell Lajos' family what happened.
(c) To look for Father.
(d) To secure passage out of Beregszasz.
7. What did Mother try to do?
(a) Bargain with the guards.
(b) Hang out sheets for privacy.
(c) Talk to the officials about supplies.
(d) Organize the prisoners.
8. Why was Piri expelled from school?
(a) She was unruly.
(b) She had stolen money.
(c) She was insubordinate.
(d) She was Jewish.
9. How does Piri describe the ghetto?
(a) A prison.
(b) A death camp.
(c) A brick factory turned prison.
(d) A work camp.
10. What did Mother find in her travels?
(a) Manci had been kept at a hospital.
(b) Manci had died.
(c) Manci had been shipped away.
(d) Manci had already escaped.
11. Lajos was accused of ____________.
(d) Beating a soldier.
12. How did this ultimatum affect Mother?
(a) She vowed never to leave the house.
(b) She got ready to leave.
(c) She refused to give up any names.
(d) She gave up her savings.
13. What did the family know was coming?
(a) They would be taken to the ghetto.
(b) They would be arrested.
(c) They would have to flee.
(d) They would be killed.
14. What does the family learn at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Jews are being killed.
(b) Germany is losing in Russia.
(c) Germany is winning the war.
(d) America is entering the war.
15. Where was Father being held?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A Russian prison camp.
(c) A military prison.
(d) A German concentration camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Piri and Iboya find when they went to the provision center?
2. How did this change things for Piri's family?
3. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
4. How has Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
5. Where were Jews being taken?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)