|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother return from doing, at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Looking for Iboya.
(b) Looking for work.
(c) Buying matzo.
(d) Visiting the synagogue.
2. What plans were made at the places Iboya went in secret?
(a) To harass Jews.
(b) To shelter Jews.
(c) To kill Nazis.
(d) To escape from Beregszasz.
3. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
(a) The train station.
(b) The telephone office.
(c) The Police station.
4. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to hide it.
(b) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
(c) They had to steal food for it.
(d) They had to bring it home at night.
5. Who was Gari Weiss?
(a) Piri's first crush.
(b) A soldier.
(c) Piri's cousin.
(d) Piri's teacher.
6. How has Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
(a) They got sick and were caught.
(b) They were turned in by informants.
(c) They were reported as Jews.
(d) They were caught stealing.
7. How does Piri describe the ghetto?
(a) A death camp.
(b) A brick factory turned prison.
(c) A work camp.
(d) A prison.
8. What was disturbing to this visitor?
(a) The rising cost of silk stockings.
(b) The declining influence of the Zionists.
(c) The food rationing.
(d) The injustice of German policies.
9. What did Mother tell Piri?
(a) She would have to take over the household.
(b) Lajos had contacted his parents.
(c) They would be leaving soon.
(d) Manci was being released.
10. What did Mrs. Gerber give Piri when she arrived at her house?
(a) Information about Dr. Feher.
(b) A small gift in return for Passover food.
(c) The name of a smuggler.
(d) Food for Passover.
11. Why was Mother upset in the beginning of chapter 12?
(a) Father had been injured.
(b) Lilli had been taken away.
(c) Lilli had been beaten.
(d) Iboya had been arrested.
12. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
(a) He cared for mother in her distress.
(b) He smuggled money and food to the family.
(c) He helped the family get Lilli released.
(d) He reported them to the authorities.
13. What did Piri and Iboya find when they went to the provision center?
(a) There wasn't enough of anything to go around.
(b) There was a ranking system that governed who got the supplies.
(c) The Jews wouldn't get anything.
(d) The Germans were keeping everything for themselves.
14. What had led Luzja to kill herself?
(a) She had been accused of lying.
(b) She had been beaten by soldiers.
(c) She had been caught at a Zionist meeting.
(d) She had been arrested.
15. Who was Mr. Baltar?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A smuggler.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mother have to wait for?
2. Where did Piri have her first kiss?
3. Who was Mr. Shuster?
4. What traveled in front of the family home?
5. Why did Manci need to be picked up?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)