|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Piri have her first kiss?
(a) At Gari's house.
(b) At the city center.
(c) At a Zionist meeting.
(d) In a warehouse.
2. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
(a) A gift.
(b) A key.
(c) A letter.
(d) A telegram.
3. What did Piri do while her mother was gone?
(a) Look for work.
(b) Run the household.
(c) Stay with friends.
(d) Help Mrs. Gerber run the household.
4. What did Mother blame herself for?
(a) Not having kept Lilli closer to home.
(b) Not having wanted to know that this was happening.
(c) Not having left sooner.
(d) Not having seen this coming.
5. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to steal food for it.
(b) They had to bring it home at night.
(c) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
(d) They had to hide it.
6. Where were Jews being taken?
(a) To work in factories.
(b) To a ghetto.
(c) To death camps.
(d) To work camps.
7. What did mother argue for at the ghetto?
(a) Clean water.
(b) Basic rights.
(c) Better sanitation.
8. What did the family name the goat?
(a) The milkmaker.
(c) The bleating nuisance.
9. Where did Mother go to look for Manci?
10. What was Mr. Schwartz' response to Mother?
(a) He told her how much it would cost to be smuggled out.
(b) He said there wasn't any space for her to be smuggled out.
(c) He said that the resistance didn't need her help.
(d) He assured her he would keep Iboya safe.
11. What did Lilli decide to give up?
(a) Her savings.
(b) Her dream of school.
(c) Her apartment.
(d) Her plans to emigrate.
12. Who was Gari Weiss?
(a) Piri's first crush.
(b) A soldier.
(c) Piri's cousin.
(d) Piri's teacher.
13. Why was Mother upset in the beginning of chapter 12?
(a) Iboya had been arrested.
(b) Lilli had been taken away.
(c) Lilli had been beaten.
(d) Father had been injured.
14. Where did Piri and her friends spend a lot of their time?
(a) Her house.
(b) In the streets.
(c) Gari's family's house.
(d) Laying around with the other refugees.
15. What did Iboya confess about Mr. Schwartz?
(a) He was reporting Jews to the police.
(b) He was a bootlegger.
(c) He was her lover.
(d) He was smuggling Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was NOT part of Piri's gang of friends?
2. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
3. What did Mother try to do?
4. What plans were made at the places Iboya went in secret?
5. How did Mother change after her trip outside the city?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)