|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother do for Dr. Feher?
(a) Helped ransom his body.
(b) Helped bury him.
(c) Helped his relatives.
(d) Prayed for him.
2. Who was Mr. Baltar?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A smuggler.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A soldier.
3. Whom did Iboya go with to these clandestine gatherings?
(b) Aunt Lujza.
4. Who was Mr. Shuster?
(a) An agent provocateur.
(b) A very sick man in the ghetto.
(c) The leader of the ghetto.
(d) The leader of the resistance.
5. What was disturbing to this visitor?
(a) The injustice of German policies.
(b) The declining influence of the Zionists.
(c) The food rationing.
(d) The rising cost of silk stockings.
6. Who was NOT part of Piri's gang of friends?
(b) Gari Weiss.
(c) Judi Gerber.
7. Who told Mother that Dr. Feher was dead?
(c) Mr. Hirsch.
(d) Mrs. Gerber.
8. How old does Piri say the people were at these secret gatherings?
(b) Forties and fifties.
9. What were the hours of the curfew for Jews?
(a) 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
(b) 3 p.m. to 10 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m. to 10 a.m.
(d) 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
10. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A letter.
(c) A key.
(d) A gift.
11. How did this change things for Piri's family?
(a) Lilli was living with them full-time now.
(b) They were determined to stay together, now.
(c) They had more help in the house.
(d) They had money to flee with.
12. What did Mrs. Gerber give Piri when she arrived at her house?
(a) Information about Dr. Feher.
(b) Food for Passover.
(c) A small gift in return for Passover food.
(d) The name of a smuggler.
13. What did Mother have a talk with Mr. Schwartz about?
(a) Helping the resistance.
(b) Getting smuggled out of Beregszasz.
(c) Putting her daughter in danger.
(d) Going into hiding.
14. Where had Lilli and Lajos been hiding?
(a) At a university.
(b) In the streets.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In a home.
15. What did Mother return from doing, at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Buying matzo.
(b) Visiting the synagogue.
(c) Looking for work.
(d) Looking for Iboya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Piri expelled from school?
2. Where have the German soldiers ordered Mother to take them?
3. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
4. Who took Piri's goat away?
5. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)