|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took Piri's goat away?
(d) The housing bureau.
2. What was Mr. Schwartz' response to Mother?
(a) He said that the resistance didn't need her help.
(b) He said there wasn't any space for her to be smuggled out.
(c) He told her how much it would cost to be smuggled out.
(d) He assured her he would keep Iboya safe.
3. What happened to Dr. Feher?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He shot himself after his wife and daughter had been raped.
(c) He left for America.
(d) He stopped making house calls.
4. How has Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
(a) They were caught stealing.
(b) They got sick and were caught.
(c) They were turned in by informants.
(d) They were reported as Jews.
5. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos and Manci?
(a) They were seen boarding a train.
(b) They were sick.
(c) They had escaped.
(d) They were dead.
6. How did this change things for Piri's family?
(a) They had more help in the house.
(b) They were determined to stay together, now.
(c) Lilli was living with them full-time now.
(d) They had money to flee with.
7. How does Piri describe the ghetto?
(a) A brick factory turned prison.
(b) A death camp.
(c) A work camp.
(d) A prison.
8. What changed for Piri and Iboya when the Germans took over Hungary?
(a) Mother dressed them as filthy beggars to protect against rape.
(b) They were sent to the country to live with Babi.
(c) They had more food than before.
(d) They did not have enough of any necessities.
9. Where was Father being held?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A German concentration camp.
(c) A military prison.
(d) A Russian prison camp.
10. Where have the German soldiers ordered Mother to take them?
(a) To the Zionist leaders.
(b) To the Juden bureau.
(c) To the places where Jews were hiding.
(d) To the synagogue.
11. Iboya volunteered for _______________.
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The police.
(c) The school.
(d) The hospital.
12. How does Piri say Iboya would return from work?
13. Who was NOT part of Piri's gang of friends?
(b) Gari Weiss.
(d) Judi Gerber.
14. What did Mother blame herself for?
(a) Not having left sooner.
(b) Not having seen this coming.
(c) Not having kept Lilli closer to home.
(d) Not having wanted to know that this was happening.
15. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
(a) A key.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A gift.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the family know was coming?
2. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
3. What did Mrs. Gerber give Piri when she arrived at her house?
4. How did the Sanyi's family escape?
5. Why did Manci need to be picked up?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)