|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piri describe the conditions at the ghetto?
(c) Barely tolerable.
2. Where did Mother go to look for Manci?
3. Where was Iboya when the Germans came?
(a) In bed.
(b) At school.
(c) Out getting supplies.
(d) In the yard.
4. What plans were made at the places Iboya went in secret?
(a) To escape from Beregszasz.
(b) To shelter Jews.
(c) To harass Jews.
(d) To kill Nazis.
5. Who was Mr. Baltar?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A smuggler.
(d) A merchant.
6. How did the Sanyi's family escape?
(a) They walked over the border.
(b) They traveled with fake passports.
(c) They stowed away in cargo ships.
(d) They ran to the forests.
7. Where did Piri have her first kiss?
(a) At a Zionist meeting.
(b) In a warehouse.
(c) At the city center.
(d) At Gari's house.
8. What did Piri and Iboya find when they went to the provision center?
(a) There was a ranking system that governed who got the supplies.
(b) The Jews wouldn't get anything.
(c) The Germans were keeping everything for themselves.
(d) There wasn't enough of anything to go around.
9. How does Piri characterize the German invasion of Hungary?
10. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
(a) A key.
(b) A letter.
(c) A gift.
(d) A telegram.
11. Why was Piri expelled from school?
(a) She was Jewish.
(b) She was unruly.
(c) She was insubordinate.
(d) She had stolen money.
12. Who told Mother that Dr. Feher was dead?
(a) Mrs. Gerber.
(d) Mr. Hirsch.
13. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
(a) He reported them to the authorities.
(b) He helped the family get Lilli released.
(c) He cared for mother in her distress.
(d) He smuggled money and food to the family.
14. Who was visiting the house frequently by this time?
(a) Aunt Luzja. Lilli.
(b) Mrs. Silverman.
(c) Dr. Feher.
(d) Mrs. Gerber.
15. What was Mr. Schwartz' response to Mother?
(a) He said there wasn't any space for her to be smuggled out.
(b) He assured her he would keep Iboya safe.
(c) He told her how much it would cost to be smuggled out.
(d) He said that the resistance didn't need her help.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Luzja killed herself?
2. How has Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
3. How does Piri describe the ghetto?
4. What did Dr. Feher give Mother?
5. Where had Lilli and Lajos been hiding?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)