|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piri characterize the German invasion of Hungary?
2. Who was NOT part of Piri's gang of friends?
(b) Judi Gerber.
(c) Gari Weiss.
3. What did Mrs. Gerber give Piri when she arrived at her house?
(a) A small gift in return for Passover food.
(b) The name of a smuggler.
(c) Food for Passover.
(d) Information about Dr. Feher.
4. Where had Lilli and Lajos been hiding?
(a) In the streets.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In a home.
(d) At a university.
5. Who was visiting the house frequently by this time?
(a) Mrs. Gerber.
(b) Dr. Feher.
(c) Aunt Luzja. Lilli.
(d) Mrs. Silverman.
6. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
(a) Pay a large sum, or the religious leaders would be killed.
(b) Betray the Jews in the town or have the entire town destroyed.
(c) Leave Beregszasz or be killed.
(d) Give up the Jews in hiding, or his family would be beaten and raped.
7. Whom did Iboya go with to these clandestine gatherings?
(d) Aunt Lujza.
8. What did Piri do while her mother was gone?
(a) Help Mrs. Gerber run the household.
(b) Run the household.
(c) Stay with friends.
(d) Look for work.
9. How did Mother change after her trip outside the city?
(a) She got sick.
(b) She began to hear voices all the time.
(c) She became more suspicious.
(d) She began to go crazy.
10. Why did Manci need to be picked up?
(a) She had whooping cough.
(b) She was being released.
(c) She was found to be innocent.
(d) She was going to be deported.
11. What did Mother blame herself for?
(a) Not having kept Lilli closer to home.
(b) Not having wanted to know that this was happening.
(c) Not having left sooner.
(d) Not having seen this coming.
12. Where did Piri and her friends spend a lot of their time?
(a) Her house.
(b) Laying around with the other refugees.
(c) Gari's family's house.
(d) In the streets.
13. What did the family know was coming?
(a) They would be taken to the ghetto.
(b) They would be killed.
(c) They would be arrested.
(d) They would have to flee.
14. What did mother argue for at the ghetto?
(a) Basic rights.
(b) Clean water.
(c) Better sanitation.
15. Who was Mr. Baltar?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A smuggler.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Iboya's job?
2. What was disturbing to this visitor?
3. What was Mother's response to Uncle Sanyi?
4. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
5. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)