|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piri describe the conditions at the ghetto?
(d) Barely tolerable.
2. What did the family know was coming?
(a) They would be arrested.
(b) They would be killed.
(c) They would be taken to the ghetto.
(d) They would have to flee.
3. Who was Gari Weiss?
(a) Piri's cousin.
(b) Piri's teacher.
(c) Piri's first crush.
(d) A soldier.
4. What plans were made at the places Iboya went in secret?
(a) To shelter Jews.
(b) To harass Jews.
(c) To kill Nazis.
(d) To escape from Beregszasz.
5. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
(a) He reported them to the authorities.
(b) He smuggled money and food to the family.
(c) He helped the family get Lilli released.
(d) He cared for mother in her distress.
6. What traveled in front of the family home?
(a) A procession of wagons.
(b) Columns of soldiers.
(c) Factory equipment.
(d) Columns of tanks.
7. What did Piri and Iboya find when they went to the provision center?
(a) There wasn't enough of anything to go around.
(b) The Germans were keeping everything for themselves.
(c) There was a ranking system that governed who got the supplies.
(d) The Jews wouldn't get anything.
8. What did Mother tell Piri?
(a) Lajos had contacted his parents.
(b) She would have to take over the household.
(c) They would be leaving soon.
(d) Manci was being released.
9. Iboya volunteered for _______________.
(a) The police.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The school.
(d) The Red Cross.
10. How did this ultimatum affect Mother?
(a) She got ready to leave.
(b) She gave up her savings.
(c) She vowed never to leave the house.
(d) She refused to give up any names.
11. Where did Piri have her first kiss?
(a) In a warehouse.
(b) At the city center.
(c) At a Zionist meeting.
(d) At Gari's house.
12. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
(a) The train station.
(b) The telephone office.
(d) The Police station.
13. What was Mr. Schwartz' response to Mother?
(a) He said there wasn't any space for her to be smuggled out.
(b) He told her how much it would cost to be smuggled out.
(c) He assured her he would keep Iboya safe.
(d) He said that the resistance didn't need her help.
14. Why was Piri expelled from school?
(a) She was insubordinate.
(b) She was unruly.
(c) She had stolen money.
(d) She was Jewish.
15. What were the hours of the curfew for Jews?
(a) 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
(b) 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m. to 10 a.m.
(d) 3 p.m. to 10 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family learn at the end of Chapter 11?
2. Why did Mother leave the city?
3. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
4. What changed for Piri and Iboya when the Germans took over Hungary?
5. What did Mother have a talk with Mr. Schwartz about?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)