|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
(a) A gift.
(b) A key.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A letter.
2. Whom did Mother and Piri hear were likely in the procession somewhere?
(a) Shimi Stern.
(c) Babi and Rozsi.
(d) Lilli and Lajos.
3. Why did Mr. Shuster oppose Mother's plans?
(a) He was full of his own power.
(b) He feared reprisals if the Jews rose up.
(c) It would anger the Germans.
(d) He was forbidden to allow any luxuries.
4. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
(a) He smuggled money and food to the family.
(b) He reported them to the authorities.
(c) He cared for mother in her distress.
(d) He helped the family get Lilli released.
5. How did this ultimatum affect Mother?
(a) She vowed never to leave the house.
(b) She gave up her savings.
(c) She got ready to leave.
(d) She refused to give up any names.
6. What does the family learn at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Germany is winning the war.
(b) America is entering the war.
(c) Germany is losing in Russia.
(d) Jews are being killed.
7. What did Mrs. Gerber give Piri when she arrived at her house?
(a) The name of a smuggler.
(b) Information about Dr. Feher.
(c) A small gift in return for Passover food.
(d) Food for Passover.
8. Where were Jews being taken?
(a) To a ghetto.
(b) To death camps.
(c) To work camps.
(d) To work in factories.
9. What did the family know was coming?
(a) They would be arrested.
(b) They would be killed.
(c) They would be taken to the ghetto.
(d) They would have to flee.
10. What did Piri do while her mother was gone?
(a) Look for work.
(b) Run the household.
(c) Help Mrs. Gerber run the household.
(d) Stay with friends.
11. Where had Lilli and Lajos been hiding?
(a) In a home.
(b) In the streets.
(c) In the woods.
(d) At a university.
12. Who was Mr. Baltar?
(a) A smuggler.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A soldier.
13. What did Dr. Feher give Mother?
(b) Forged travel papers.
(c) Advice to stay home.
(d) Money, and medicine for Manci.
14. How does Piri describe the ghetto?
(a) A work camp.
(b) A prison.
(c) A brick factory turned prison.
(d) A death camp.
15. What changed for Piri and Iboya when the Germans took over Hungary?
(a) They had more food than before.
(b) Mother dressed them as filthy beggars to protect against rape.
(c) They were sent to the country to live with Babi.
(d) They did not have enough of any necessities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Piri say Iboya would return from work?
2. Why did Manci need to be picked up?
3. How did the Sanyi's family escape?
4. How had Luzja killed herself?
5. Where did Piri have her first kiss?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)