|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Iboya go with to these clandestine gatherings?
(d) Aunt Lujza.
2. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
(b) The telephone office.
(c) The Police station.
(d) The train station.
3. Where did Piri go to school after being expelled?
(a) At the synagogue.
(b) She stayed home.
(c) In the streets.
(d) At a community center.
4. What did Mrs. Gerber give Piri when she arrived at her house?
(a) Food for Passover.
(b) The name of a smuggler.
(c) Information about Dr. Feher.
(d) A small gift in return for Passover food.
5. Whom did Mother and Piri hear were likely in the procession somewhere?
(a) Babi and Rozsi.
(c) Shimi Stern.
(d) Lilli and Lajos.
6. How had Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
(a) By truck.
(b) By underground railroad.
(c) By freight train.
(d) By foot.
7. What was Mother's response to Uncle Sanyi?
(a) She found people to take care of him.
(b) She sent him home.
(c) She came with him to identify the body.
(d) She let him stay the night.
8. What did the family name the goat?
(c) The milkmaker.
(d) The bleating nuisance.
9. How had Luzja killed herself?
(a) She stepped in front of a train.
(b) She took pills.
(c) She slit her wrists.
(d) She jumped into the river.
10. What did Mother have a talk with Mr. Schwartz about?
(a) Going into hiding.
(b) Helping the resistance.
(c) Getting smuggled out of Beregszasz.
(d) Putting her daughter in danger.
11. Why did Mr. Shuster oppose Mother's plans?
(a) It would anger the Germans.
(b) He was full of his own power.
(c) He feared reprisals if the Jews rose up.
(d) He was forbidden to allow any luxuries.
12. How does Piri characterize the German invasion of Hungary?
13. Who was Mr. Baltar?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A smuggler.
14. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
(a) A gift.
(b) A letter.
(c) A key.
(d) A telegram.
15. Who was visiting the house frequently by this time?
(a) Aunt Luzja. Lilli.
(b) Mrs. Silverman.
(c) Mrs. Gerber.
(d) Dr. Feher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Manci need to be picked up?
2. What does the family learn at the end of Chapter 11?
3. How old does Piri say the people were at these secret gatherings?
4. How did this change things for Piri's family?
5. What changed for Piri and Iboya when the Germans took over Hungary?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)