|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Iboya go with to these clandestine gatherings?
(a) Aunt Lujza.
2. What happened to Dr. Feher?
(a) He left for America.
(b) He stopped making house calls.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He shot himself after his wife and daughter had been raped.
3. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to hide it.
(b) They had to steal food for it.
(c) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
(d) They had to bring it home at night.
4. How did Mother change after her trip outside the city?
(a) She began to hear voices all the time.
(b) She became more suspicious.
(c) She got sick.
(d) She began to go crazy.
5. What did Mother find in her travels?
(a) Manci had already escaped.
(b) Manci had been shipped away.
(c) Manci had died.
(d) Manci had been kept at a hospital.
6. What had led Luzja to kill herself?
(a) She had been beaten by soldiers.
(b) She had been accused of lying.
(c) She had been caught at a Zionist meeting.
(d) She had been arrested.
7. Why did Mother leave the city?
(a) To buy another goat.
(b) To secure passage out of Beregszasz.
(c) To look for Father.
(d) To tell Lajos' family what happened.
8. How did this change things for Piri's family?
(a) Lilli was living with them full-time now.
(b) They had money to flee with.
(c) They had more help in the house.
(d) They were determined to stay together, now.
9. Where was Father being held?
(a) A military prison.
(b) A German concentration camp.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A Russian prison camp.
10. Where did Piri and her friends spend a lot of their time?
(a) Laying around with the other refugees.
(b) In the streets.
(c) Her house.
(d) Gari's family's house.
11. Who was NOT part of Piri's gang of friends?
(a) Gari Weiss.
(b) Judi Gerber.
12. Who took Piri's goat away?
(d) The housing bureau.
13. Where was Iboya when the Germans came?
(a) In the yard.
(b) At school.
(c) Out getting supplies.
(d) In bed.
14. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
(a) He smuggled money and food to the family.
(b) He helped the family get Lilli released.
(c) He reported them to the authorities.
(d) He cared for mother in her distress.
15. Where did Piri have her first kiss?
(a) In a warehouse.
(b) At Gari's house.
(c) At the city center.
(d) At a Zionist meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Feher give Mother?
2. How does Piri characterize the German invasion of Hungary?
3. What did Mrs. Gerber give Piri when she arrived at her house?
4. How does Piri describe the ghetto?
5. What did Mother do to take care of her family?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)