|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
(a) A letter.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A key.
(d) A gift.
2. Why was Piri expelled from school?
(a) She was Jewish.
(b) She was unruly.
(c) She was insubordinate.
(d) She had stolen money.
3. What did the family know was coming?
(a) They would be taken to the ghetto.
(b) They would be arrested.
(c) They would have to flee.
(d) They would be killed.
4. What happened to Dr. Feher?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He left for America.
(c) He shot himself after his wife and daughter had been raped.
(d) He stopped making house calls.
5. What did the family name the goat?
(a) The milkmaker.
(d) The bleating nuisance.
6. What was Mr. Schwartz' response to Mother?
(a) He said there wasn't any space for her to be smuggled out.
(b) He said that the resistance didn't need her help.
(c) He told her how much it would cost to be smuggled out.
(d) He assured her he would keep Iboya safe.
7. Who was Mr. Shuster?
(a) An agent provocateur.
(b) A very sick man in the ghetto.
(c) The leader of the resistance.
(d) The leader of the ghetto.
8. What was disturbing to this visitor?
(a) The declining influence of the Zionists.
(b) The food rationing.
(c) The rising cost of silk stockings.
(d) The injustice of German policies.
9. How does Piri say Iboya would return from work?
10. Who was Mr. Baltar?
(a) A smuggler.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A soldier.
11. Who was visiting the house frequently by this time?
(a) Dr. Feher.
(b) Mrs. Gerber.
(c) Aunt Luzja. Lilli.
(d) Mrs. Silverman.
12. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
(a) To assert her defiance.
(b) To have milk for the children.
(c) To sell goat cheese.
(d) To have fresh meat.
13. What did mother argue for at the ghetto?
(a) Clean water.
(c) Basic rights.
(d) Better sanitation.
14. Who was Gari Weiss?
(a) Piri's cousin.
(b) A soldier.
(c) Piri's first crush.
(d) Piri's teacher.
15. What changed for Piri and Iboya when the Germans took over Hungary?
(a) Mother dressed them as filthy beggars to protect against rape.
(b) They did not have enough of any necessities.
(c) They were sent to the country to live with Babi.
(d) They had more food than before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had led Luzja to kill herself?
2. Where had Lilli and Lajos been hiding?
3. How does Piri characterize the family's Passover dinner?
4. How did this ultimatum affect Mother?
5. Who was NOT part of Piri's gang of friends?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)