Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother do to take care of her family?
(a) Heated water for baths.
(b) Found food.
(c) Bribed German soldiers.
(d) Arranged for her children to escape.
2. Who was Gari Weiss?
(a) Piri's first crush.
(b) A soldier.
(c) Piri's teacher.
(d) Piri's cousin.
3. What changed for Piri and Iboya when the Germans took over Hungary?
(a) They had more food than before.
(b) They were sent to the country to live with Babi.
(c) Mother dressed them as filthy beggars to protect against rape.
(d) They did not have enough of any necessities.
4. What does the family learn at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) America is entering the war.
(b) Germany is winning the war.
(c) Jews are being killed.
(d) Germany is losing in Russia.
5. What were the hours of the curfew for Jews?
(a) 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
(b) 3 a.m. to 10 a.m.
(c) 3 p.m. to 10 a.m.
(d) 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
6. Who was Mr. Shuster?
(a) An agent provocateur.
(b) The leader of the resistance.
(c) The leader of the ghetto.
(d) A very sick man in the ghetto.
7. How old does Piri say the people were at these secret gatherings?
(d) Forties and fifties.
8. At times, where did Iboya go instead of volunteering?
(a) Poetry readings.
(b) Across the border.
(c) To spy on soldiers.
(d) Zionist meetings.
9. What did Mother find in her travels?
(a) Manci had been shipped away.
(b) Manci had died.
(c) Manci had been kept at a hospital.
(d) Manci had already escaped.
10. What did Mother have to wait for?
(a) The weather.
(b) A passport.
(c) Her health.
(d) A call from Manci.
11. How does Piri characterize the family's Passover dinner?
12. Who was visiting the house frequently by this time?
(a) Mrs. Silverman.
(b) Mrs. Gerber.
(c) Dr. Feher.
(d) Aunt Luzja. Lilli.
13. Who told Mother that Dr. Feher was dead?
(c) Mrs. Gerber.
(d) Mr. Hirsch.
14. How does Piri describe the conditions at the ghetto?
(a) Barely tolerable.
15. Who was Mr. Baltar?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A smuggler.
(d) A farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Father being held?
2. How had Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
3. How did this ultimatum affect Mother?
4. What was Mother's response to Uncle Sanyi?
5. Where did Mr. Schwartz offer Iboya work?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)