|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lajos?
(a) Piri's brother-in-law.
(b) Piri's cousin.
(c) Piri's uncle.
(d) Piri's sister-in-law.
2. What was Piri's mood about school and her future?
3. What did Mother prepare for Father's visit?
(a) She cleaned and painted the house.
(b) A great feast.
(c) Her clothes and Piri's.
(d) All the extra bedrooms.
4. What festivities did Babi prepare for, in spite of the fact that family wouldn't be able to gather?
(b) Rosh Hashanah.
5. What does Farenc say about what Piri tells him?
(a) It wouldn't change anything.
(b) It was a good idea.
(c) He was leaving soon.
(d) His family is gone.
6. What was Mother's response to this incident?
(a) She worried.
(b) She was unaffected.
(c) She decided to move to America.
(d) She reported it to the authorities.
7. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
(a) The city smells.
(b) The violence.
(c) The political tension.
(d) The food.
8. How does Piri characterize Father's farewell?
9. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
(b) Rosh Hashanah.
10. What part of Christmas disappointed Piri?
(a) She was kept inside by a snowstorm.
(b) She didn't get any presents.
(c) The town's festivities were few.
(d) Carolers didn't stop at their house.
11. Who comes to the farm a few weeks after Piri's new sister is born?
12. How did Babi prepare for the holiday?
(a) Visiting with neighbors.
(b) Cooking, and cleaning the house.
(c) Visiting the synagogue.
(d) Praying and reading the Bible.
13. Where were Father and Lajos at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) At the farm.
(b) In the city.
(c) Off at war.
(d) Hiding in the forests.
14. Who is Rozsi?
(a) Piri's grandmother.
(b) Piri's sister.
(c) Farenc's wife.
(d) Piri's cousin.
15. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
(a) She spoke Ukrainian.
(b) She spoke Hungarian.
(c) She was good at math.
(d) She spoke Yiddish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Piri see in the river the morning after the battle?
2. Where were Piri and Iboya when they were nearly attacked?
3. Where was the woman from?
4. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
5. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)