|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother do as soon as she got Piri home?
(a) Feed her.
(b) Lecture her about how life had changed.
(c) Wash her.
(d) Ask her about everything.
2. What did Rozsi say in her letters home?
(a) The fighting was getting closer.
(b) They were starting to take away the Jews.
(c) She was alright.
(d) Everyone was leaving.
3. Where did Father expect his battalion to go?
4. Where were Piri and Iboya when they were nearly attacked?
(a) In school.
(b) By the synagogue.
(c) In the town center.
(d) In the yard.
5. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
(a) She pitied him.
(b) She feared him.
(c) She idealized him.
(d) She wanted to see him.
6. What did Mother give Piri now that she was in the city?
(a) A good scrubbing.
(c) A lecture about Germans.
7. What was Father's expectation?
(a) He would rise through the ranks.
(b) He and Lajos would be home soon.
(c) He would die on the Russian front.
(d) He would run away as soon as he could.
8. How did the war affect Piri's father's position?
(a) He was demoted.
(b) He was drafted.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He was promoted.
9. What made Piri ill?
(a) Lack of food.
(b) Missing Farenc.
(c) Leaving Komjaty.
10. What was Piri's routine while her father was away?
(a) She worked in the fields.
(b) She took care of Joli.
(c) She took care of Molcha.
(d) She went to school.
11. Where was Mrs. Gerber's daughter?
12. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) She went horseback riding.
(b) She went to sleep.
(c) She was sent to Komjaty.
(d) Her grandmother made her a snack.
13. What did Piri receive as a gift?
(a) A book.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A glass globe.
(d) A set of paints.
14. What was Farenc sad to tell Piri?
(a) He was going into combat.
(b) He was being transferred.
(c) He was being drafted.
(d) He was ill.
15. Where did Mother take the woman?
(a) Mrs. Silverman's house.
(b) To the police.
(c) To the country.
(d) Mrs. Gerber's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the Hungarians fighting when Piri was on the farm?
2. What did Piri's disappointment tell her about the larger culture?
3. Where did Rozsi walk with Piri?
4. What did Piri overhear when she was in bed after the incident?
5. What was Piri's baby sister named?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)