|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
(d) Only Father.
2. What was Piri's baby sister named?
3. What did Piri tell Farenc during the visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The Germans were rounding up Jews.
(b) She is her teacher's favorite at school.
(c) Her parents wanted to send her to America.
(d) The Germans were killing Jews.
4. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
(a) The political tension.
(b) The city smells.
(c) The food.
(d) The violence.
5. In what location did the narrator begin?
6. Who is Farenc?
(a) Piri's brother.
(b) A German soldier.
(c) A Ukrainian soldier.
(d) A Hungarian policeman.
7. What grade did Piri start in 1941?
8. Who is the narrator?
9. How does Piri characterize her mother's state of mind on returning home in Chapter 8?
10. How long did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait without seeing their husbands?
(a) A few days.
(b) A couple of weeks.
(c) Almost a week.
(d) More than a week.
11. What happened when Farenc and reaction saw each other the first time?
(a) Love at first sight.
(b) She mistook him for her boyfriend.
(c) He kidnapped her.
(d) She gave him food.
12. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
(b) Rosh Hashanah.
13. What had Mother failed to do when she came home at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Make money.
(b) Secure visas for America.
(c) Secure passage to the country for the children.
(d) Get the police to condemn the Anti-Semites' attack.
14. Why wasn't Babi impressed that Piri was a favorite of her teacher?
(a) Babi thought the teacher was just currying favor with her.
(b) Babi thought she was being used as a translator.
(c) Babi thought the teacher was prejudiced and unintelligent.
(d) Babi thought Piri was just being a kiss-up.
15. Where was Mrs. Gerber's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the boys chased Piri and Iboya?
2. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
3. What did Piri receive as a gift?
4. What did Piri expect her future to look like?
5. Why did Babi distrust the Hungarians?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)