|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the farm a few weeks after Piri's new sister is born?
2. Who was Shimi Stern?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A smuggler.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A soldier.
3. Who is Molcha?
(a) Piri's cousin.
(b) Piri's teacher.
(c) A classmate of Piri's.
(d) A Hungarian soldier.
4. What did Piri tell Farenc during the visit in Chapter 5?
(a) Her parents wanted to send her to America.
(b) The Germans were rounding up Jews.
(c) She is her teacher's favorite at school.
(d) The Germans were killing Jews.
5. What happened when Farenc and reaction saw each other the first time?
(a) Love at first sight.
(b) She mistook him for her boyfriend.
(c) She gave him food.
(d) He kidnapped her.
6. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
(a) America is just as biased against Czechs.
(b) Babi should move in with Piri's mother.
(c) Piri's mother should move to the farm.
(d) It is already too late to try to flee.
7. What was Piri's father's position?
(a) Army officer.
8. What did mother express concern over?
(a) Rozsi's plans to go to America.
(b) Rozsi's social life.
(c) Piri's relationship with her teacher.
(d) Piri's interest in boys.
9. What did Mother do for the Yiddish-speaking stranger?
(a) Gave her directions.
(b) Helped her get a visa to leave.
(c) Found her an apartment.
(d) Fed her and cared for her baby.
10. What part of Christmas disappointed Piri?
(a) She didn't get any presents.
(b) She was kept inside by a snowstorm.
(c) The town's festivities were few.
(d) Carolers didn't stop at their house.
11. How did Farenc help Piri?
(a) He gave her a ride.
(b) He gave her food.
(c) He gave her someplace to stay.
(d) He found her grandparents.
12. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
(a) Komjaty was about to be shelled.
(b) Her parents had escaped.
(c) The road to Beregszasz was closed.
(d) Komjaty was not going to be attacked.
13. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
(a) She adjusted painfully.
(b) She adjusted reluctantly.
(c) She could not quite adjust.
(d) She adjusted quickly.
14. What did Lilli tell Piri?
(a) The family was making plans to move.
(b) She and her husband were getting a place of their own.
(c) The family was spending as much time as possible at her apartment outside the city.
(d) She and her husband were staying with the family frequently.
15. In what location did the narrator begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
2. What did Mother give Piri now that she was in the city?
3. What happened when the boys chased Piri and Iboya?
4. Why wasn't Babi impressed that Piri was a favorite of her teacher?
5. Where were Piri and Iboya when they were nearly attacked?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)