|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wasn't Babi impressed that Piri was a favorite of her teacher?
(a) Babi thought Piri was just being a kiss-up.
(b) Babi thought she was being used as a translator.
(c) Babi thought the teacher was just currying favor with her.
(d) Babi thought the teacher was prejudiced and unintelligent.
2. What festivities did Babi prepare for, in spite of the fact that family wouldn't be able to gather?
(c) Rosh Hashanah.
3. What had changed about Piri's mother?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) She was sick.
(c) She looked steely and determined.
(d) She was always worried.
4. Who comes to the farm a few weeks after Piri's new sister is born?
5. What was Piri's mood about school and her future?
6. Who is Lajos?
(a) Piri's brother-in-law.
(b) Piri's sister-in-law.
(c) Piri's cousin.
(d) Piri's uncle.
7. What did mother express concern over?
(a) Piri's relationship with her teacher.
(b) Rozsi's social life.
(c) Piri's interest in boys.
(d) Rozsi's plans to go to America.
8. Who is the narrator?
9. Who is Rozsi?
(a) Farenc's wife.
(b) Piri's cousin.
(c) Piri's grandmother.
(d) Piri's sister.
10. How does Piri say she was greeted in Beregszasz?
11. How does Piri characterize Father's farewell?
12. What was Piri's routine while her father was away?
(a) She went to school.
(b) She took care of Joli.
(c) She took care of Molcha.
(d) She worked in the fields.
13. Where were Piri and Iboya when they were nearly attacked?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In school.
(c) By the synagogue.
(d) In the town center.
14. Who was Shimi Stern?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A smuggler.
(d) A policeman.
15. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
(a) Some of the buildings had been turned into barracks.
(b) The children did military drills instead of playing.
(c) There were air attack drills all the time.
(d) Classes were smaller as children went to America or fled Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
2. How does Piri characterize her mother's state of mind on returning home in Chapter 8?
3. What was Piri's baby sister named?
4. What did Piri overhear when she was in bed after the incident?
5. How did Piri help Farenc?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)