|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mother's response to this incident?
(a) She reported it to the authorities.
(b) She was unaffected.
(c) She decided to move to America.
(d) She worried.
2. Why was the narrator sent to Komjaty?
(a) To spend time with her grandmother.
(b) To fight the Nazis.
(c) To flee the Nazis.
(d) To find her parents.
3. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
(c) Only Father.
4. What did Lilli tell Piri?
(a) The family was making plans to move.
(b) She and her husband were getting a place of their own.
(c) She and her husband were staying with the family frequently.
(d) The family was spending as much time as possible at her apartment outside the city.
5. When was Father's battalion going to come through Beregszasz?
6. Who is the narrator?
7. What did mother express concern over?
(a) Piri's relationship with her teacher.
(b) Rozsi's social life.
(c) Piri's interest in boys.
(d) Rozsi's plans to go to America.
8. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
(a) She idealized him.
(b) She feared him.
(c) She pitied him.
(d) She wanted to see him.
9. What did Mother do for the Yiddish-speaking stranger?
(a) Fed her and cared for her baby.
(b) Found her an apartment.
(c) Gave her directions.
(d) Helped her get a visa to leave.
10. Where was Mrs. Gerber's daughter?
11. Who comes to the farm a few weeks after Piri's new sister is born?
12. Who is Rozsi?
(a) Piri's cousin.
(b) Piri's sister.
(c) Piri's grandmother.
(d) Farenc's wife.
13. How did the war affect Piri's father's position?
(a) He was drafted.
(b) He was fired.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was demoted.
14. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
(b) Rosh Hashanah.
15. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
(a) Babi should move in with Piri's mother.
(b) It is already too late to try to flee.
(c) America is just as biased against Czechs.
(d) Piri's mother should move to the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade did Piri start in 1941?
2. What did Rozsi say in her letters home?
3. What did Piri expect her future to look like?
4. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
5. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)