|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
(a) America is just as biased against Czechs.
(b) Piri's mother should move to the farm.
(c) Babi should move in with Piri's mother.
(d) It is already too late to try to flee.
2. What did Piri anticipate when this visitor came to the farm?
(a) Leaving for America.
(b) Taking care of her sister.
(c) Helping her parents move to Komjaty.
(d) Returning to Beregszasz herself.
3. How does Piri say she was greeted in Beregszasz?
4. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
(a) The political tension.
(b) The food.
(c) The violence.
(d) The city smells.
5. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) She went to sleep.
(b) She went horseback riding.
(c) She was sent to Komjaty.
(d) Her grandmother made her a snack.
6. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
(a) Decorate the garden.
(b) Help her clean the house.
(c) Visit the synagogue.
(d) Catch chickens.
7. What part of Christmas disappointed Piri?
(a) Carolers didn't stop at their house.
(b) She didn't get any presents.
(c) She was kept inside by a snowstorm.
(d) The town's festivities were few.
8. How does Piri characterize Father's farewell?
9. Who was Shimi Stern?
(a) A smuggler.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A policeman.
10. Who comes to the farm a few weeks after Piri's new sister is born?
11. What had changed about Piri's mother?
(a) She was sick.
(b) She was pregnant.
(c) She was always worried.
(d) She looked steely and determined.
12. Where were Piri and Iboya when they were nearly attacked?
(a) In school.
(b) In the yard.
(c) In the town center.
(d) By the synagogue.
13. What did Piri tell Farenc during the visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The Germans were rounding up Jews.
(b) The Germans were killing Jews.
(c) Her parents wanted to send her to America.
(d) She is her teacher's favorite at school.
14. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
(b) Her grandmother.
15. Who is the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
2. In what voice is 'Upon the Head of A Goat' narrated?
3. Who is Farenc?
4. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
5. What did Piri expect her future to look like?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)