|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
(a) They were harassed constantly.
(b) They had to move out of their house.
(c) They were not allowed into certain districts.
(d) They had to keep a low profile as Jews.
2. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
(a) Decorate the garden.
(b) Catch chickens.
(c) Help her clean the house.
(d) Visit the synagogue.
3. In what voice is 'Upon the Head of A Goat' narrated?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Third person omniscient.
4. Who comes to the farm a few weeks after Piri's new sister is born?
5. When did Mother finally see Father?
(a) He came in the night.
(b) He found her in the market.
(c) She found him in town.
(d) She found him at the train station.
6. What made Piri ill?
(a) Missing Farenc.
(b) Lack of food.
(c) Leaving Komjaty.
7. Where was Mrs. Gerber's daughter?
8. How does Piri say she was greeted in Beregszasz?
9. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
(a) Komjaty was about to be shelled.
(b) The road to Beregszasz was closed.
(c) Her parents had escaped.
(d) Komjaty was not going to be attacked.
10. How did Piri hear from her parents?
(a) Her grandfather got a messenger by passenger pigeon.
(b) Her grandmother got a telegram from her mother.
(c) A messenger brought a letter.
(d) Her father showed up in Komjaty.
11. Who is the narrator?
12. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
(a) The political tension.
(b) The violence.
(c) The city smells.
(d) The food.
13. What did Piri receive as a gift?
(a) A set of paints.
(b) A book.
(c) A glass globe.
(d) A new dress.
14. What was Piri's routine while her father was away?
(a) She took care of Molcha.
(b) She took care of Joli.
(c) She went to school.
(d) She worked in the fields.
15. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
(a) America is just as biased against Czechs.
(b) It is already too late to try to flee.
(c) Piri's mother should move to the farm.
(d) Babi should move in with Piri's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Babi prepare for the holiday?
2. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
3. Why was the narrator sent to Komjaty?
4. What happened when Farenc and reaction saw each other the first time?
5. How did Piri help Farenc?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)