Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Piri help Farenc?
(a) She gave him directions.
(b) She gave him a ride.
(c) She gave him bandages.
(d) She gave him food.
2. What was Piri's routine while her father was away?
(a) She took care of Joli.
(b) She worked in the fields.
(c) She went to school.
(d) She took care of Molcha.
3. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) She fled to America.
(b) They had to flee without her.
(c) Trains to Beregszasz stopped running.
(d) She crossed the border into Ukraine.
4. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
(a) She could not quite adjust.
(b) She adjusted reluctantly.
(c) She adjusted painfully.
(d) She adjusted quickly.
5. How did Farenc help Piri?
(a) He gave her someplace to stay.
(b) He found her grandparents.
(c) He gave her food.
(d) He gave her a ride.
6. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
(a) She was good at math.
(b) She spoke Hungarian.
(c) She spoke Yiddish.
(d) She spoke Ukrainian.
7. What happened when Farenc and reaction saw each other the first time?
(a) He kidnapped her.
(b) Love at first sight.
(c) She gave him food.
(d) She mistook him for her boyfriend.
8. What did the woman find in the place Mother took her to?
(a) Work and support.
(b) Information about her family.
(c) A hiding place for Jewish refugees.
(d) Money and food.
9. Where did Rozsi walk with Piri?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the train station.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the school.
10. Mother was going to inquire into _________________.
(a) Whether she should make a complaint to the authorities.
(b) Whether she could still escape to the country.
(c) Whether to tell her husband.
(d) Whether she could still send the children to America.
11. What did Piri anticipate when this visitor came to the farm?
(a) Helping her parents move to Komjaty.
(b) Taking care of her sister.
(c) Returning to Beregszasz herself.
(d) Leaving for America.
12. How does Piri's father say people treat him?
(a) They look down on him because he is Czech.
(b) They look up to him because he is Hungarian.
(c) They look up to him because he is Ukrainian.
(d) They admire him because he is educated.
13. Where was the woman from?
14. Who is Rozsi?
(a) Piri's sister.
(b) Farenc's wife.
(c) Piri's cousin.
(d) Piri's grandmother.
15. How long was it before Piri saw Farenc again?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
2. What did Rozsi say in her letters home?
3. Who is Farenc?
4. When was Father's battalion going to come through Beregszasz?
5. What had Mother failed to do when she came home at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)