|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Farenc and reaction saw each other the first time?
(a) She gave him food.
(b) She mistook him for her boyfriend.
(c) Love at first sight.
(d) He kidnapped her.
2. What did Mother do for the Yiddish-speaking stranger?
(a) Gave her directions.
(b) Fed her and cared for her baby.
(c) Helped her get a visa to leave.
(d) Found her an apartment.
3. Where did Mother take the woman?
(a) To the country.
(b) Mrs. Gerber's house.
(c) Mrs. Silverman's house.
(d) To the police.
4. Who is Rozsi?
(a) Farenc's wife.
(b) Piri's sister.
(c) Piri's grandmother.
(d) Piri's cousin.
5. Who is Lajos?
(a) Piri's uncle.
(b) Piri's sister-in-law.
(c) Piri's cousin.
(d) Piri's brother-in-law.
6. What was Piri's father's position?
(b) Army officer.
7. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
(b) Her grandmother.
8. What did Piri tell Farenc during the visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The Germans were killing Jews.
(b) Her parents wanted to send her to America.
(c) She is her teacher's favorite at school.
(d) The Germans were rounding up Jews.
9. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
(b) Rosh Hashanah.
10. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
(a) Help her clean the house.
(b) Decorate the garden.
(c) Visit the synagogue.
(d) Catch chickens.
11. How did Farenc help Piri?
(a) He gave her food.
(b) He gave her a ride.
(c) He gave her someplace to stay.
(d) He found her grandparents.
12. Where was the woman from?
13. In what voice is 'Upon the Head of A Goat' narrated?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) First person.
14. What happened when the boys chased Piri and Iboya?
(a) They were beaten.
(b) They escaped.
(c) The boys caught them but didn't hurt them.
(d) A policeman chased the boys away.
15. What did Piri get to do when she arrived in Beregszasz?
(a) Hold her sister.
(b) Go back to school.
(c) Work for the family.
(d) Take care of the animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were conditions like in the woman's home?
2. How does Piri characterize Father's farewell?
3. What was Father's expectation?
4. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
5. Who is Molcha?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)