|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what voice is 'Upon the Head of A Goat' narrated?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Third person omniscient.
2. What did Piri expect her future to look like?
(a) She thought she would join the military.
(b) She thought she would have to flee.
(c) She thought she would have to marry an officer.
(d) She thought she would work in a factory.
3. What did Piri get to do when she arrived in Beregszasz?
(a) Work for the family.
(b) Take care of the animals.
(c) Hold her sister.
(d) Go back to school.
4. How long did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait without seeing their husbands?
(a) More than a week.
(b) A few days.
(c) Almost a week.
(d) A couple of weeks.
5. What happened when Farenc and reaction saw each other the first time?
(a) She gave him food.
(b) Love at first sight.
(c) She mistook him for her boyfriend.
(d) He kidnapped her.
6. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
(a) She wanted to go away.
(b) She liked her teacher.
(c) Rozsi was engaged to Farenc.
(d) Rozsi only spoke to baby.
7. What did the woman find in the place Mother took her to?
(a) Information about her family.
(b) A hiding place for Jewish refugees.
(c) Money and food.
(d) Work and support.
8. When was Father's battalion going to come through Beregszasz?
9. Where did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait for their men?
(a) The barracks.
(b) Their house.
(c) The city center.
(d) The train station.
10. How does Piri's father say people treat him?
(a) They look up to him because he is Ukrainian.
(b) They admire him because he is educated.
(c) They look down on him because he is Czech.
(d) They look up to him because he is Hungarian.
11. When did Mother finally see Father?
(a) She found him at the train station.
(b) She found him in town.
(c) He found her in the market.
(d) He came in the night.
12. What festivities did Babi prepare for, in spite of the fact that family wouldn't be able to gather?
(a) Rosh Hashanah.
13. What did Mother do for the Yiddish-speaking stranger?
(a) Fed her and cared for her baby.
(b) Found her an apartment.
(c) Gave her directions.
(d) Helped her get a visa to leave.
14. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) She was sent to Komjaty.
(b) She went to sleep.
(c) She went horseback riding.
(d) Her grandmother made her a snack.
15. How did Piri hear from her parents?
(a) Her grandmother got a telegram from her mother.
(b) A messenger brought a letter.
(c) Her grandfather got a messenger by passenger pigeon.
(d) Her father showed up in Komjaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. Where were Father and Lajos at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. What had Mother failed to do when she came home at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. What was Farenc sad to tell Piri?
5. What did Piri receive as a gift?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)