Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Shimi Stern?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A smuggler.
2. What was Piri's baby sister named?
3. What happened when the boys chased Piri and Iboya?
(a) The boys caught them but didn't hurt them.
(b) A policeman chased the boys away.
(c) They were beaten.
(d) They escaped.
4. What happened when Farenc and reaction saw each other the first time?
(a) She mistook him for her boyfriend.
(b) Love at first sight.
(c) He kidnapped her.
(d) She gave him food.
5. Where were Father and Lajos at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) At the farm.
(b) Hiding in the forests.
(c) In the city.
(d) Off at war.
6. How does Piri characterize Father's farewell?
7. What did Piri see in the river the morning after the battle?
(a) Dead soldiers.
(b) Soldiers bathing.
(c) A lost child.
(d) Her sister.
8. In what location did the narrator begin?
9. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
(a) Decorate the garden.
(b) Visit the synagogue.
(c) Help her clean the house.
(d) Catch chickens.
10. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
(a) She was good at math.
(b) She spoke Hungarian.
(c) She spoke Ukrainian.
(d) She spoke Yiddish.
11. What did Piri's disappointment tell her about the larger culture?
(a) The war had turned factories to military purposes.
(b) The war was destroying the factories.
(c) There wasn't money for holidays.
(d) Anti-Semitism was increasing.
12. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
(a) She liked her teacher.
(b) Rozsi only spoke to baby.
(c) She wanted to go away.
(d) Rozsi was engaged to Farenc.
13. What political alliance took place at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Hungary joined Germany against Russia.
(b) The U.S. joined Britain and France against Germany.
(c) Vichy France joined Germany against the Free Zone.
(d) Germany joined Japan against France and Britain.
14. Where did Father expect his battalion to go?
15. How did Farenc help Piri?
(a) He gave her food.
(b) He found her grandparents.
(c) He gave her a ride.
(d) He gave her someplace to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farenc say about what Piri tells him?
2. How does Piri's father say people treat him?
3. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
4. What part of Christmas disappointed Piri?
5. Where did Rozsi walk with Piri?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)