|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Babi beg of Piri's mother?
(a) To send the children to America.
(b) To split the family up.
(c) To take the children with her.
(d) To come stay with her and Piri.
2. What was Piri's mood about school and her future?
3. What was Farenc sad to tell Piri?
(a) He was going into combat.
(b) He was being drafted.
(c) He was ill.
(d) He was being transferred.
4. Where was Mrs. Gerber's daughter?
5. What did the woman find in the place Mother took her to?
(a) Information about her family.
(b) Money and food.
(c) Work and support.
(d) A hiding place for Jewish refugees.
6. Who is Rozsi?
(a) Piri's grandmother.
(b) Piri's cousin.
(c) Piri's sister.
(d) Farenc's wife.
7. Where was the woman from?
8. What happened when Farenc and reaction saw each other the first time?
(a) He kidnapped her.
(b) She mistook him for her boyfriend.
(c) She gave him food.
(d) Love at first sight.
9. How does Piri's father say people treat him?
(a) They admire him because he is educated.
(b) They look up to him because he is Ukrainian.
(c) They look up to him because he is Hungarian.
(d) They look down on him because he is Czech.
10. Who is Lajos?
(a) Piri's uncle.
(b) Piri's cousin.
(c) Piri's brother-in-law.
(d) Piri's sister-in-law.
11. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
(a) The food.
(b) The political tension.
(c) The city smells.
(d) The violence.
12. How did Babi prepare for the holiday?
(a) Visiting with neighbors.
(b) Praying and reading the Bible.
(c) Visiting the synagogue.
(d) Cooking, and cleaning the house.
13. When did Mother finally see Father?
(a) She found him in town.
(b) He came in the night.
(c) He found her in the market.
(d) She found him at the train station.
14. Where did Rozsi walk with Piri?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the train station.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the school.
15. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) She was sent to Komjaty.
(b) She went horseback riding.
(c) Her grandmother made her a snack.
(d) She went to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait without seeing their husbands?
2. What had Babi done to help Mother make this attempt?
3. What did mother express concern over?
4. In what location did the narrator begin?
5. What did Lilli tell Piri?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)