|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had changed about Piri's mother?
(a) She looked steely and determined.
(b) She was pregnant.
(c) She was always worried.
(d) She was sick.
2. How did Piri's family celebrate Hanukkah?
(a) They prayed fervently for a similar miracle.
(b) They didn't observer Hanukkah.
(c) They lit some candles then gave up.
(d) They observed it in detail, for the sake of the absent men.
3. Who is the narrator?
4. How did Piri hear from her parents?
(a) A messenger brought a letter.
(b) Her grandmother got a telegram from her mother.
(c) Her grandfather got a messenger by passenger pigeon.
(d) Her father showed up in Komjaty.
5. Who is Molcha?
(a) Piri's teacher.
(b) Piri's cousin.
(c) A Hungarian soldier.
(d) A classmate of Piri's.
6. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
(a) Help her clean the house.
(b) Catch chickens.
(c) Visit the synagogue.
(d) Decorate the garden.
7. How did Babi prepare for the holiday?
(a) Visiting the synagogue.
(b) Praying and reading the Bible.
(c) Cooking, and cleaning the house.
(d) Visiting with neighbors.
8. Why was the narrator sent to Komjaty?
(a) To fight the Nazis.
(b) To spend time with her grandmother.
(c) To flee the Nazis.
(d) To find her parents.
9. How does Piri say she was greeted in Beregszasz?
10. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
(a) Rozsi was engaged to Farenc.
(b) She liked her teacher.
(c) She wanted to go away.
(d) Rozsi only spoke to baby.
11. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) She went horseback riding.
(b) She went to sleep.
(c) Her grandmother made her a snack.
(d) She was sent to Komjaty.
12. What were conditions like in the woman's home?
(a) Her entire village had been massacred.
(b) Her family has left her to get away from Hitler.
(c) The Germans were drafting people into the army.
(d) Hitler was depriving Jews of their rights.
13. Where did Rozsi walk with Piri?
(a) To the train station.
(b) To the school.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the woods.
14. What did Piri tell Farenc during the visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The Germans were killing Jews.
(b) Her parents wanted to send her to America.
(c) She is her teacher's favorite at school.
(d) The Germans were rounding up Jews.
15. What did Piri get to do when she arrived in Beregszasz?
(a) Go back to school.
(b) Work for the family.
(c) Hold her sister.
(d) Take care of the animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
2. How does Piri's father say people treat him?
3. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
4. What did Piri anticipate when this visitor came to the farm?
5. Where was Mrs. Gerber's daughter?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)