|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
(a) Rozsi only spoke to baby.
(b) She liked her teacher.
(c) She wanted to go away.
(d) Rozsi was engaged to Farenc.
2. What does Babi beg of Piri's mother?
(a) To take the children with her.
(b) To split the family up.
(c) To send the children to America.
(d) To come stay with her and Piri.
3. What did Rozsi say in her letters home?
(a) Everyone was leaving.
(b) They were starting to take away the Jews.
(c) She was alright.
(d) The fighting was getting closer.
4. What was Mother's response to this incident?
(a) She was unaffected.
(b) She reported it to the authorities.
(c) She decided to move to America.
(d) She worried.
5. Who was Shimi Stern?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A smuggler.
(d) A soldier.
6. What was Piri's mood about school and her future?
7. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
(a) She spoke Yiddish.
(b) She was good at math.
(c) She spoke Hungarian.
(d) She spoke Ukrainian.
8. What did Piri see in the river the morning after the battle?
(a) Dead soldiers.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Soldiers bathing.
(d) A lost child.
9. What was Piri's father's position?
(b) Army officer.
10. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) She went horseback riding.
(b) She was sent to Komjaty.
(c) She went to sleep.
(d) Her grandmother made her a snack.
11. How did Piri hear from her parents?
(a) Her father showed up in Komjaty.
(b) Her grandmother got a telegram from her mother.
(c) A messenger brought a letter.
(d) Her grandfather got a messenger by passenger pigeon.
12. In what voice is 'Upon the Head of A Goat' narrated?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
13. Who is the narrator?
14. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
(a) There were air attack drills all the time.
(b) Some of the buildings had been turned into barracks.
(c) Classes were smaller as children went to America or fled Europe.
(d) The children did military drills instead of playing.
15. Why was the narrator sent to Komjaty?
(a) To spend time with her grandmother.
(b) To find her parents.
(c) To fight the Nazis.
(d) To flee the Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mother give Piri now that she was in the city?
2. What was Farenc riding when Piri met him?
3. Where were Father and Lajos at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What was Father's expectation?
5. What did Mother prepare for Father's visit?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)