|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Piri's father's position?
(d) Army officer.
2. What political alliance took place at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) The U.S. joined Britain and France against Germany.
(b) Germany joined Japan against France and Britain.
(c) Hungary joined Germany against Russia.
(d) Vichy France joined Germany against the Free Zone.
3. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
(d) Rosh Hashanah.
4. How did Piri help Farenc?
(a) She gave him directions.
(b) She gave him food.
(c) She gave him a ride.
(d) She gave him bandages.
5. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
(a) Only Father.
6. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
(a) Komjaty was not going to be attacked.
(b) Her parents had escaped.
(c) Komjaty was about to be shelled.
(d) The road to Beregszasz was closed.
7. What was Mother's response to this incident?
(a) She reported it to the authorities.
(b) She worried.
(c) She was unaffected.
(d) She decided to move to America.
8. Who is Lajos?
(a) Piri's brother-in-law.
(b) Piri's sister-in-law.
(c) Piri's cousin.
(d) Piri's uncle.
9. What was Farenc riding when Piri met him?
(a) A horse.
(b) A tank.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A stretcher.
10. When was Father's battalion going to come through Beregszasz?
11. What does Farenc say about what Piri tells him?
(a) It was a good idea.
(b) His family is gone.
(c) He was leaving soon.
(d) It wouldn't change anything.
12. Who was Shimi Stern?
(a) A smuggler.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A policeman.
13. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) Her grandmother made her a snack.
(b) She went horseback riding.
(c) She was sent to Komjaty.
(d) She went to sleep.
14. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
(a) She read histories and talked to people who had traveled, to see what they could tell her.
(b) She followed the papers, and tried to understand everything she could.
(c) She was too young to know anything about the political situation.
(d) She read a story about Jews being rounded up, but didn't understand the big picture.
15. What did Mother give Piri now that she was in the city?
(c) A lecture about Germans.
(d) A good scrubbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Farenc sad to tell Piri?
2. How does Piri's father say people treat him?
3. Where were Father and Lajos at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. Mother was going to inquire into _________________.
5. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)