Short Answer Key
Chapters 1 and 2
1. Who is the narrator?
2. In what location did the narrator begin?
3. Why was the narrator sent to Komjaty?
To spend time with her grandmother.
4. Who were the Hungarians fighting when Piri was on the farm?
5. What did Piri see in the river the morning after the battle?
6. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
Her grandmother made her a snack.
7. Who is Farenc?
A Hungarian policeman.
8. What was Farenc riding when Piri met him?
9. How did Piri help Farenc?
She gave him directions.
10. How did Farenc help Piri?
He gave her a ride.
11. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
The road to Beregszasz was closed....
This section contains 2,235 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)