|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the war affect Piri's father's position?
(a) He was drafted.
(b) He was demoted.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He was promoted.
2. What was Mother's response to Uncle Sanyi?
(a) She found people to take care of him.
(b) She let him stay the night.
(c) She came with him to identify the body.
(d) She sent him home.
3. How were Piri and everyone else taken from the ghetto?
(a) On foot.
(b) In trucks.
(c) One at a time.
(d) In cattle cars.
4. Why did Babi distrust the Hungarians?
(a) They persecuted Ukrainians.
(b) They were close to Germans.
(c) They were largely Jewish.
(d) They spoke a language she didn't understand.
5. What did Mother do for the Yiddish-speaking stranger?
(a) Helped her get a visa to leave.
(b) Fed her and cared for her baby.
(c) Gave her directions.
(d) Found her an apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Piri say she was greeted in Beregszasz?
2. What does the family learn at the end of Chapter 11?
3. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos and Manci?
4. Who were the Hungarians fighting when Piri was on the farm?
5. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)