|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother do for the Yiddish-speaking stranger?
(a) Gave her directions.
(b) Found her an apartment.
(c) Fed her and cared for her baby.
(d) Helped her get a visa to leave.
2. What did the family name the goat?
(a) The milkmaker.
(d) The bleating nuisance.
3. What did Dr. Feher give Mother?
(a) Advice to stay home.
(b) Forged travel papers.
(c) Money, and medicine for Manci.
4. What did Piri's disappointment tell her about the larger culture?
(a) Anti-Semitism was increasing.
(b) The war was destroying the factories.
(c) There wasn't money for holidays.
(d) The war had turned factories to military purposes.
5. What did Iboya confess about Mr. Schwartz?
(a) He was a bootlegger.
(b) He was her lover.
(c) He was reporting Jews to the police.
(d) He was smuggling Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mother leave the city?
2. At times, where did Iboya go instead of volunteering?
3. What did Piri see in the river the morning after the battle?
4. What was Piri's mood about school and her future?
5. What was Father's expectation?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)