|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
(a) To have milk for the children.
(b) To sell goat cheese.
(c) To assert her defiance.
(d) To have fresh meat.
2. How had Luzja killed herself?
(a) She took pills.
(b) She slit her wrists.
(c) She jumped into the river.
(d) She stepped in front of a train.
3. How does Piri say Iboya would return from work?
4. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) She was sent to Komjaty.
(b) She went to sleep.
(c) Her grandmother made her a snack.
(d) She went horseback riding.
5. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Trains to Beregszasz stopped running.
(b) She crossed the border into Ukraine.
(c) They had to flee without her.
(d) She fled to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mother's response to Uncle Sanyi?
2. Who was Gari Weiss?
3. Which country's lead does Piri say Hungary followed in instituting strict Anti-Semite laws?
4. Where was Iboya when the Germans came?
5. Whom did Iboya go with to these clandestine gatherings?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)