|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. Schwartz' response to Mother?
(a) He said there wasn't any space for her to be smuggled out.
(b) He told her how much it would cost to be smuggled out.
(c) He assured her he would keep Iboya safe.
(d) He said that the resistance didn't need her help.
2. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) She fled to America.
(b) Trains to Beregszasz stopped running.
(c) They had to flee without her.
(d) She crossed the border into Ukraine.
3. How does Piri characterize the German invasion of Hungary?
4. What did Mother return from doing, at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Looking for Iboya.
(b) Visiting the synagogue.
(c) Looking for work.
(d) Buying matzo.
5. In what voice is 'Upon the Head of A Goat' narrated?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
2. How had Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
3. What was disturbing to this visitor?
4. What did the woman find in the place Mother took her to?
5. What did Mrs. Gerber give Piri when she arrived at her house?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)