|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mother failed to do when she came home at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Get the police to condemn the Anti-Semites' attack.
(b) Secure visas for America.
(c) Secure passage to the country for the children.
(d) Make money.
2. Lajos was accused of ____________.
(c) Beating a soldier.
3. Where did Piri go to school after being expelled?
(a) At the synagogue.
(b) She stayed home.
(c) At a community center.
(d) In the streets.
4. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
(a) Babi should move in with Piri's mother.
(b) America is just as biased against Czechs.
(c) It is already too late to try to flee.
(d) Piri's mother should move to the farm.
5. Where did Mr. Schwartz offer Iboya work?
(a) A library.
(b) A clothes store.
(c) A fish shop.
(d) A garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Piri's family celebrate Hanukkah?
2. Who were the Hungarians fighting when Piri was on the farm?
3. When did Mother finally see Father?
4. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
5. What did Piri receive as a gift?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)