|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother was going to inquire into _________________.
(a) Whether she could still escape to the country.
(b) Whether she could still send the children to America.
(c) Whether to tell her husband.
(d) Whether she should make a complaint to the authorities.
2. How did Babi prepare for the holiday?
(a) Cooking, and cleaning the house.
(b) Praying and reading the Bible.
(c) Visiting the synagogue.
(d) Visiting with neighbors.
3. Who is Farenc?
(a) A Hungarian policeman.
(b) A German soldier.
(c) Piri's brother.
(d) A Ukrainian soldier.
4. What did Rozsi say in her letters home?
(a) Everyone was leaving.
(b) She was alright.
(c) The fighting was getting closer.
(d) They were starting to take away the Jews.
5. How does Piri's father say people treat him?
(a) They look up to him because he is Ukrainian.
(b) They look up to him because he is Hungarian.
(c) They admire him because he is educated.
(d) They look down on him because he is Czech.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Piri hear from her parents?
2. Where did Rozsi walk with Piri?
3. When did Mother finally see Father?
4. What did Piri see in the river the morning after the battle?
5. What was Piri's baby sister named?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)