|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Trains to Beregszasz stopped running.
(b) She fled to America.
(c) She crossed the border into Ukraine.
(d) They had to flee without her.
2. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
(a) Some of the buildings had been turned into barracks.
(b) There were air attack drills all the time.
(c) Classes were smaller as children went to America or fled Europe.
(d) The children did military drills instead of playing.
3. What did Rozsi say in her letters home?
(a) Everyone was leaving.
(b) The fighting was getting closer.
(c) They were starting to take away the Jews.
(d) She was alright.
4. Where did Mother take the woman?
(a) Mrs. Silverman's house.
(b) Mrs. Gerber's house.
(c) To the police.
(d) To the country.
5. Where were Piri and Iboya when they were nearly attacked?
(a) By the synagogue.
(b) In the town center.
(c) In school.
(d) In the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother was going to inquire into _________________.
2. How does Piri say she was greeted in Beregszasz?
3. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
4. What grade did Piri start in 1941?
5. Why did Babi distrust the Hungarians?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)