|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother give Piri now that she was in the city?
(a) A lecture about Germans.
(c) A good scrubbing.
2. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
(a) She idealized him.
(b) She feared him.
(c) She pitied him.
(d) She wanted to see him.
3. How long did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait without seeing their husbands?
(a) A few days.
(b) More than a week.
(c) Almost a week.
(d) A couple of weeks.
4. What did Mother do for the Yiddish-speaking stranger?
(a) Found her an apartment.
(b) Gave her directions.
(c) Fed her and cared for her baby.
(d) Helped her get a visa to leave.
5. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
(a) The children did military drills instead of playing.
(b) Some of the buildings had been turned into barracks.
(c) There were air attack drills all the time.
(d) Classes were smaller as children went to America or fled Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mother take the woman?
2. What did Mother prepare for Father's visit?
3. What had changed about Piri's mother?
4. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
5. Where was the woman from?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)