|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Babi done to help Mother make this attempt?
(a) Sold some land.
(b) Called some officials she knew.
(c) Withdrawn her savings.
(d) Told her who could forge papers.
2. What did Lilli tell Piri?
(a) The family was spending as much time as possible at her apartment outside the city.
(b) She and her husband were getting a place of their own.
(c) She and her husband were staying with the family frequently.
(d) The family was making plans to move.
3. What had Mother failed to do when she came home at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Get the police to condemn the Anti-Semites' attack.
(b) Secure passage to the country for the children.
(c) Make money.
(d) Secure visas for America.
4. What did the woman find in the place Mother took her to?
(a) A hiding place for Jewish refugees.
(b) Work and support.
(c) Information about her family.
(d) Money and food.
5. What did Rozsi say in her letters home?
(a) Everyone was leaving.
(b) The fighting was getting closer.
(c) They were starting to take away the Jews.
(d) She was alright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Father's expectation?
2. How does Piri characterize her mother's state of mind on returning home in Chapter 8?
3. Mother was going to inquire into _________________.
4. Where did Father expect his battalion to go?
5. How does Piri say she was greeted in Beregszasz?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)