|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Piri expect her future to look like?
(a) She thought she would have to marry an officer.
(b) She thought she would join the military.
(c) She thought she would work in a factory.
(d) She thought she would have to flee.
2. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
(a) Komjaty was not going to be attacked.
(b) The road to Beregszasz was closed.
(c) Her parents had escaped.
(d) Komjaty was about to be shelled.
3. Where did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait for their men?
(a) The barracks.
(b) Their house.
(c) The train station.
(d) The city center.
4. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
(a) There were air attack drills all the time.
(b) The children did military drills instead of playing.
(c) Some of the buildings had been turned into barracks.
(d) Classes were smaller as children went to America or fled Europe.
5. What was Piri's father's position?
(a) Army officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had changed about Piri's mother?
2. What did Piri receive as a gift?
3. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. Why was the narrator sent to Komjaty?
5. What did Piri tell Farenc during the visit in Chapter 5?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)