|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mother failed to do when she came home at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Secure passage to the country for the children.
(b) Make money.
(c) Get the police to condemn the Anti-Semites' attack.
(d) Secure visas for America.
2. What was Farenc riding when Piri met him?
(a) A stretcher.
(b) A horse.
(c) A tank.
(d) A motorcycle.
3. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
(a) Classes were smaller as children went to America or fled Europe.
(b) There were air attack drills all the time.
(c) The children did military drills instead of playing.
(d) Some of the buildings had been turned into barracks.
4. Where did Rozsi walk with Piri?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the school.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the train station.
5. Where did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait for their men?
(a) The train station.
(b) Their house.
(c) The city center.
(d) The barracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mother do as soon as she got Piri home?
2. How did the war affect Piri's father's position?
3. What did Mother give Piri now that she was in the city?
4. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
5. How did Piri help Farenc?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)