|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) She was sent to Komjaty.
(b) Her grandmother made her a snack.
(c) She went horseback riding.
(d) She went to sleep.
2. What did Piri's disappointment tell her about the larger culture?
(a) There wasn't money for holidays.
(b) Anti-Semitism was increasing.
(c) The war was destroying the factories.
(d) The war had turned factories to military purposes.
3. What was Father's expectation?
(a) He would run away as soon as he could.
(b) He and Lajos would be home soon.
(c) He would die on the Russian front.
(d) He would rise through the ranks.
4. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
(a) She liked her teacher.
(b) Rozsi was engaged to Farenc.
(c) Rozsi only spoke to baby.
(d) She wanted to go away.
5. What was Mother's response to this incident?
(a) She was unaffected.
(b) She decided to move to America.
(c) She reported it to the authorities.
(d) She worried.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
2. What did Mother prepare for Father's visit?
3. How does Piri say she was greeted in Beregszasz?
4. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
5. When did Mother finally see Father?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)