|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
(c) Her grandmother.
2. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
(a) She spoke Hungarian.
(b) She spoke Ukrainian.
(c) She spoke Yiddish.
(d) She was good at math.
3. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
(a) It is already too late to try to flee.
(b) America is just as biased against Czechs.
(c) Babi should move in with Piri's mother.
(d) Piri's mother should move to the farm.
4. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
(a) Decorate the garden.
(b) Help her clean the house.
(c) Catch chickens.
(d) Visit the synagogue.
5. When did Mother finally see Father?
(a) She found him at the train station.
(b) He found her in the market.
(c) She found him in town.
(d) He came in the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
2. Who is the narrator?
3. What did Rozsi say in her letters home?
4. What did Piri receive as a gift?
5. How did Farenc help Piri?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)