|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Babi distrust the Hungarians?
(a) They spoke a language she didn't understand.
(b) They were close to Germans.
(c) They were largely Jewish.
(d) They persecuted Ukrainians.
2. What had Mother failed to do when she came home at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Get the police to condemn the Anti-Semites' attack.
(b) Secure visas for America.
(c) Make money.
(d) Secure passage to the country for the children.
3. How did Babi prepare for the holiday?
(a) Cooking, and cleaning the house.
(b) Visiting the synagogue.
(c) Visiting with neighbors.
(d) Praying and reading the Bible.
4. How did Piri help Farenc?
(a) She gave him a ride.
(b) She gave him food.
(c) She gave him directions.
(d) She gave him bandages.
5. In what location did the narrator begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Babi beg of Piri's mother?
2. Where was Mrs. Gerber's daughter?
3. What happened when the boys chased Piri and Iboya?
4. What made Piri ill?
5. What did Rozsi say in her letters home?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)