|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the Hungarians fighting when Piri was on the farm?
2. In what location did the narrator begin?
3. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
(a) The children did military drills instead of playing.
(b) Some of the buildings had been turned into barracks.
(c) There were air attack drills all the time.
(d) Classes were smaller as children went to America or fled Europe.
4. What had Babi done to help Mother make this attempt?
(a) Told her who could forge papers.
(b) Sold some land.
(c) Called some officials she knew.
(d) Withdrawn her savings.
5. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) She was sent to Komjaty.
(b) She went to sleep.
(c) Her grandmother made her a snack.
(d) She went horseback riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mother do as soon as she got Piri home?
2. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
3. Who is the narrator?
4. How did Babi prepare for the holiday?
5. Who is Molcha?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)