|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
(a) She was too young to know anything about the political situation.
(b) She followed the papers, and tried to understand everything she could.
(c) She read a story about Jews being rounded up, but didn't understand the big picture.
(d) She read histories and talked to people who had traveled, to see what they could tell her.
2. How does Piri's father say people treat him?
(a) They look up to him because he is Hungarian.
(b) They admire him because he is educated.
(c) They look up to him because he is Ukrainian.
(d) They look down on him because he is Czech.
3. Where were Piri and Iboya when they were nearly attacked?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In school.
(c) By the synagogue.
(d) In the town center.
4. What did Mother do as soon as she got Piri home?
(a) Lecture her about how life had changed.
(b) Feed her.
(c) Ask her about everything.
(d) Wash her.
5. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
(a) She spoke Hungarian.
(b) She spoke Ukrainian.
(c) She spoke Yiddish.
(d) She was good at math.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Christmas disappointed Piri?
2. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
3. What did Piri get to do when she arrived in Beregszasz?
4. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
5. How did Piri hear from her parents?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)