|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had changed about Piri's mother?
(a) She was sick.
(b) She looked steely and determined.
(c) She was always worried.
(d) She was pregnant.
2. What part of Christmas disappointed Piri?
(a) She didn't get any presents.
(b) Carolers didn't stop at their house.
(c) The town's festivities were few.
(d) She was kept inside by a snowstorm.
3. What did Mother do as soon as she got Piri home?
(a) Lecture her about how life had changed.
(b) Feed her.
(c) Wash her.
(d) Ask her about everything.
4. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
(a) Catch chickens.
(b) Decorate the garden.
(c) Help her clean the house.
(d) Visit the synagogue.
5. What was Piri's routine while her father was away?
(a) She went to school.
(b) She worked in the fields.
(c) She took care of Molcha.
(d) She took care of Joli.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the Hungarians fighting when Piri was on the farm?
2. Who is Molcha?
3. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
4. How long was it before Piri saw Farenc again?
5. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)