|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Christmas disappointed Piri?
(a) She was kept inside by a snowstorm.
(b) Carolers didn't stop at their house.
(c) She didn't get any presents.
(d) The town's festivities were few.
2. In what location did the narrator begin?
3. Why wasn't Babi impressed that Piri was a favorite of her teacher?
(a) Babi thought she was being used as a translator.
(b) Babi thought Piri was just being a kiss-up.
(c) Babi thought the teacher was just currying favor with her.
(d) Babi thought the teacher was prejudiced and unintelligent.
4. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
(a) It is already too late to try to flee.
(b) America is just as biased against Czechs.
(c) Piri's mother should move to the farm.
(d) Babi should move in with Piri's mother.
5. What had Babi done to help Mother make this attempt?
(a) Withdrawn her savings.
(b) Called some officials she knew.
(c) Sold some land.
(d) Told her who could forge papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
2. How did Farenc help Piri?
3. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
4. What festivities did Babi prepare for, in spite of the fact that family wouldn't be able to gather?
5. What did Piri get to do when she arrived in Beregszasz?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)