|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mother's response to this incident?
(a) She reported it to the authorities.
(b) She was unaffected.
(c) She decided to move to America.
(d) She worried.
2. What was Farenc sad to tell Piri?
(a) He was ill.
(b) He was being transferred.
(c) He was being drafted.
(d) He was going into combat.
3. What does Babi beg of Piri's mother?
(a) To take the children with her.
(b) To split the family up.
(c) To send the children to America.
(d) To come stay with her and Piri.
4. Why did Babi distrust the Hungarians?
(a) They were largely Jewish.
(b) They were close to Germans.
(c) They persecuted Ukrainians.
(d) They spoke a language she didn't understand.
5. Who is the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
2. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
3. Where were Father and Lajos at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. In what voice is 'Upon the Head of A Goat' narrated?
5. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)