|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
(a) Some of the buildings had been turned into barracks.
(b) Classes were smaller as children went to America or fled Europe.
(c) There were air attack drills all the time.
(d) The children did military drills instead of playing.
2. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
(a) Rozsi only spoke to baby.
(b) She liked her teacher.
(c) She wanted to go away.
(d) Rozsi was engaged to Farenc.
3. Where were Piri and Iboya when they were nearly attacked?
(a) By the synagogue.
(b) In the yard.
(c) In the town center.
(d) In school.
4. What did Piri see in the river the morning after the battle?
(a) Her sister.
(b) A lost child.
(c) Soldiers bathing.
(d) Dead soldiers.
5. How long was it before Piri saw Farenc again?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A few months.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Babi prepare for the holiday?
2. What did Piri get to do when she arrived in Beregszasz?
3. How does Piri say she was greeted in Beregszasz?
4. What did Piri's disappointment tell her about the larger culture?
5. Where was Mrs. Gerber's daughter?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)