|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Babi distrust the Hungarians?
(a) They persecuted Ukrainians.
(b) They spoke a language she didn't understand.
(c) They were close to Germans.
(d) They were largely Jewish.
2. Why wasn't Babi impressed that Piri was a favorite of her teacher?
(a) Babi thought the teacher was prejudiced and unintelligent.
(b) Babi thought Piri was just being a kiss-up.
(c) Babi thought the teacher was just currying favor with her.
(d) Babi thought she was being used as a translator.
3. What was Piri's father's position?
(d) Army officer.
4. In what voice is 'Upon the Head of A Goat' narrated?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person limited.
5. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
(a) America is just as biased against Czechs.
(b) It is already too late to try to flee.
(c) Piri's mother should move to the farm.
(d) Babi should move in with Piri's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Farenc sad to tell Piri?
2. What was Piri's baby sister named?
3. What does Babi beg of Piri's mother?
4. What had changed about Piri's mother?
5. How did Piri hear from her parents?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)