|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the Hungarians fighting when Piri was on the farm?
2. What did Piri tell Farenc during the visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The Germans were killing Jews.
(b) She is her teacher's favorite at school.
(c) The Germans were rounding up Jews.
(d) Her parents wanted to send her to America.
3. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
(a) She read a story about Jews being rounded up, but didn't understand the big picture.
(b) She read histories and talked to people who had traveled, to see what they could tell her.
(c) She followed the papers, and tried to understand everything she could.
(d) She was too young to know anything about the political situation.
4. What did mother express concern over?
(a) Piri's interest in boys.
(b) Piri's relationship with her teacher.
(c) Rozsi's social life.
(d) Rozsi's plans to go to America.
5. What was Piri's baby sister named?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the farm a few weeks after Piri's new sister is born?
2. What did Piri get to do when she arrived in Beregszasz?
3. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
4. In what voice is 'Upon the Head of A Goat' narrated?
5. What did Mother do as soon as she got Piri home?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)