|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
(a) She read a story about Jews being rounded up, but didn't understand the big picture.
(b) She was too young to know anything about the political situation.
(c) She followed the papers, and tried to understand everything she could.
(d) She read histories and talked to people who had traveled, to see what they could tell her.
2. How does Piri say she was greeted in Beregszasz?
3. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
(a) The political tension.
(b) The food.
(c) The violence.
(d) The city smells.
4. What did mother express concern over?
(a) Piri's relationship with her teacher.
(b) Rozsi's plans to go to America.
(c) Piri's interest in boys.
(d) Rozsi's social life.
5. Why did Babi distrust the Hungarians?
(a) They were largely Jewish.
(b) They persecuted Ukrainians.
(c) They were close to Germans.
(d) They spoke a language she didn't understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Piri receive as a gift?
2. How does Piri's father say people treat him?
3. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
4. What did Piri get to do when she arrived in Beregszasz?
5. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)