|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wasn't Babi impressed that Piri was a favorite of her teacher?
(a) Babi thought she was being used as a translator.
(b) Babi thought Piri was just being a kiss-up.
(c) Babi thought the teacher was just currying favor with her.
(d) Babi thought the teacher was prejudiced and unintelligent.
2. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
(a) She was too young to know anything about the political situation.
(b) She read a story about Jews being rounded up, but didn't understand the big picture.
(c) She read histories and talked to people who had traveled, to see what they could tell her.
(d) She followed the papers, and tried to understand everything she could.
3. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
(a) Visit the synagogue.
(b) Catch chickens.
(c) Decorate the garden.
(d) Help her clean the house.
4. Who were the Hungarians fighting when Piri was on the farm?
5. How long was it before Piri saw Farenc again?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few months.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
2. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
3. Who is the narrator?
4. What had changed about Piri's mother?
5. Who is Lajos?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)