|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what location did the narrator begin?
2. Why wasn't Babi impressed that Piri was a favorite of her teacher?
(a) Babi thought the teacher was just currying favor with her.
(b) Babi thought the teacher was prejudiced and unintelligent.
(c) Babi thought Piri was just being a kiss-up.
(d) Babi thought she was being used as a translator.
3. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
(a) She followed the papers, and tried to understand everything she could.
(b) She read histories and talked to people who had traveled, to see what they could tell her.
(c) She read a story about Jews being rounded up, but didn't understand the big picture.
(d) She was too young to know anything about the political situation.
4. Who is Farenc?
(a) Piri's brother.
(b) A Ukrainian soldier.
(c) A Hungarian policeman.
(d) A German soldier.
5. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
(b) Only Father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
2. What festivities did Babi prepare for, in spite of the fact that family wouldn't be able to gather?
3. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
4. Why was the narrator sent to Komjaty?
5. Who is Lajos?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)