|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Piri hear from her parents?
(a) A messenger brought a letter.
(b) Her father showed up in Komjaty.
(c) Her grandfather got a messenger by passenger pigeon.
(d) Her grandmother got a telegram from her mother.
2. How did Babi prepare for the holiday?
(a) Visiting the synagogue.
(b) Visiting with neighbors.
(c) Praying and reading the Bible.
(d) Cooking, and cleaning the house.
3. What had changed about Piri's mother?
(a) She was always worried.
(b) She looked steely and determined.
(c) She was sick.
(d) She was pregnant.
4. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
(a) Catch chickens.
(b) Decorate the garden.
(c) Visit the synagogue.
(d) Help her clean the house.
5. What festivities did Babi prepare for, in spite of the fact that family wouldn't be able to gather?
(a) Rosh Hashanah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
2. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. How long was it before Piri saw Farenc again?
4. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
5. Who is Rozsi?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)