|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the narrator sent to Komjaty?
(a) To spend time with her grandmother.
(b) To fight the Nazis.
(c) To find her parents.
(d) To flee the Nazis.
2. What had changed about Piri's mother?
(a) She was sick.
(b) She looked steely and determined.
(c) She was pregnant.
(d) She was always worried.
3. What did Piri see in the river the morning after the battle?
(a) A lost child.
(b) Soldiers bathing.
(c) Dead soldiers.
(d) Her sister.
4. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
(a) She read histories and talked to people who had traveled, to see what they could tell her.
(b) She was too young to know anything about the political situation.
(c) She followed the papers, and tried to understand everything she could.
(d) She read a story about Jews being rounded up, but didn't understand the big picture.
5. How long was it before Piri saw Farenc again?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few months.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
2. How did Piri help Farenc?
3. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
4. Why did Babi distrust the Hungarians?
5. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)