|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traveled in front of the family home?
(a) Columns of tanks.
(b) Columns of soldiers.
(c) Factory equipment.
(d) A procession of wagons.
2. What did Mother received from Lajos' parents?
(a) A gift.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A key.
(d) A letter.
3. What did Mother return from doing, at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Looking for work.
(b) Visiting the synagogue.
(c) Buying matzo.
(d) Looking for Iboya.
4. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
(a) To assert her defiance.
(b) To sell goat cheese.
(c) To have fresh meat.
(d) To have milk for the children.
5. How did Piri's family celebrate Hanukkah?
(a) They prayed fervently for a similar miracle.
(b) They didn't observer Hanukkah.
(c) They observed it in detail, for the sake of the absent men.
(d) They lit some candles then gave up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Piri expelled from school?
2. What had changed about Piri's mother?
3. What were Piri's feelings about Hitler?
4. What did Mother have a talk with Mr. Schwartz about?
5. How does Piri say she was greeted in Beregszasz?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)