|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
(a) Babi should move in with Piri's mother.
(b) It is already too late to try to flee.
(c) Piri's mother should move to the farm.
(d) America is just as biased against Czechs.
2. What did Piri say that made her mother express concern?
(a) Rozsi was engaged to Farenc.
(b) She liked her teacher.
(c) Rozsi only spoke to baby.
(d) She wanted to go away.
3. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
(a) The Police station.
(c) The telephone office.
(d) The train station.
4. How does Piri characterize her mother's state of mind on returning home in Chapter 8?
5. What made Piri ill?
(b) Leaving Komjaty.
(c) Lack of food.
(d) Missing Farenc.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the narrator sent to Komjaty?
2. What was the ultimatum the German soldiers gave Mr. Hirsch?
3. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
4. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
5. What did Mother return from doing, at the beginning of Chapter 17?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)