|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother do for the Yiddish-speaking stranger?
(a) Fed her and cared for her baby.
(b) Gave her directions.
(c) Found her an apartment.
(d) Helped her get a visa to leave.
2. Where did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait for their men?
(a) The barracks.
(b) Their house.
(c) The city center.
(d) The train station.
3. What special allowance did the family have to make to keep the goat?
(a) They had to steal food for it.
(b) They had to pay the landlord not to report them.
(c) They had to hide it.
(d) They had to bring it home at night.
4. What news did Mother get of Lilli, Lajos and Manci?
(a) They were sick.
(b) They were dead.
(c) They were seen boarding a train.
(d) They had escaped.
5. How does Piri characterize her mother's state of mind on returning home in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mother take the woman?
2. How did Dr. Feher get involved with the family?
3. Who were the Hungarians fighting when Piri was on the farm?
4. Where did Piri and her friends spend a lot of their time?
5. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)