|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
(a) By truck.
(b) By freight train.
(c) By foot.
(d) By underground railroad.
2. What does the family learn at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Germany is losing in Russia.
(b) America is entering the war.
(c) Germany is winning the war.
(d) Jews are being killed.
3. Why did Mr. Shuster oppose Mother's plans?
(a) It would anger the Germans.
(b) He feared reprisals if the Jews rose up.
(c) He was full of his own power.
(d) He was forbidden to allow any luxuries.
4. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
(d) Her grandmother.
5. Where were Father and Lajos at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) At the farm.
(b) Off at war.
(c) Hiding in the forests.
(d) In the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Father's expectation?
2. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
3. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
4. What did Piri's disappointment tell her about the larger culture?
5. What was Mr. Schwartz' response to Mother?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)