|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took Piri's goat away?
(a) The housing bureau.
2. What did Piri overhear when she was in bed after the incident?
(a) Lilli getting hysterical about the war.
(b) Mother lamenting the fact that it was too late to escape now.
(c) Mother confessed that she should have sent the children to America.
(d) Lilli arguing against going to America.
3. Why did Babi distrust the Hungarians?
(a) They spoke a language she didn't understand.
(b) They were largely Jewish.
(c) They persecuted Ukrainians.
(d) They were close to Germans.
4. What did Piri expect her future to look like?
(a) She thought she would have to marry an officer.
(b) She thought she would have to flee.
(c) She thought she would join the military.
(d) She thought she would work in a factory.
5. What happened to Dr. Feher?
(a) He stopped making house calls.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He left for America.
(d) He shot himself after his wife and daughter had been raped.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what location did the narrator begin?
2. How does Piri characterize her mother's state of mind on returning home in Chapter 8?
3. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
4. How had Lilli and Lajos been sent away?
5. Why was Piri mad at Iboya, now that Iboya was working?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)