|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piri's father say people treat him?
(a) They look down on him because he is Czech.
(b) They look up to him because he is Ukrainian.
(c) They look up to him because he is Hungarian.
(d) They admire him because he is educated.
2. How did Beregszasz change for Piri's family?
(a) They had to move out of their house.
(b) They were harassed constantly.
(c) They had to keep a low profile as Jews.
(d) They were not allowed into certain districts.
3. What was Mother's aim in buying a goat?
(a) To have milk for the children.
(b) To sell goat cheese.
(c) To have fresh meat.
(d) To assert her defiance.
4. What changed for Piri and Iboya when the Germans took over Hungary?
(a) Mother dressed them as filthy beggars to protect against rape.
(b) They had more food than before.
(c) They did not have enough of any necessities.
(d) They were sent to the country to live with Babi.
5. How did the Sanyi's family escape?
(a) They ran to the forests.
(b) They traveled with fake passports.
(c) They stowed away in cargo ships.
(d) They walked over the border.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
2. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
3. Who is the narrator?
4. What did Mother blame herself for?
5. What did Piri anticipate when this visitor came to the farm?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)