|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Babi distrust the Hungarians?
(a) They spoke a language she didn't understand.
(b) They persecuted Ukrainians.
(c) They were largely Jewish.
(d) They were close to Germans.
2. What was Mother's connection to Mrs. Gerber?
(a) They worked in the same factory.
(b) They knew each other from childhood.
(c) Mrs. Gerber's husband was in the same battalion as Father.
(d) They taught in the same school.
3. How did Piri hear from her parents?
(a) Her grandfather got a messenger by passenger pigeon.
(b) Her grandmother got a telegram from her mother.
(c) A messenger brought a letter.
(d) Her father showed up in Komjaty.
4. How does Piri's father say people treat him?
(a) They look up to him because he is Hungarian.
(b) They admire him because he is educated.
(c) They look down on him because he is Czech.
(d) They look up to him because he is Ukrainian.
5. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
(a) She spoke Ukrainian.
(b) She was good at math.
(c) She spoke Yiddish.
(d) She spoke Hungarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farenc say about what Piri tells him?
2. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
3. In what voice is 'Upon the Head of A Goat' narrated?
4. What was Mother's response to this incident?
5. Where did Rozsi walk with Piri?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)