|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Babi distrust the Hungarians?
(a) They were close to Germans.
(b) They persecuted Ukrainians.
(c) They were largely Jewish.
(d) They spoke a language she didn't understand.
2. What does Babi beg of Piri's mother?
(a) To come stay with her and Piri.
(b) To split the family up.
(c) To send the children to America.
(d) To take the children with her.
3. What festivities did Babi prepare for, in spite of the fact that family wouldn't be able to gather?
(d) Rosh Hashanah.
4. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) She crossed the border into Ukraine.
(b) They had to flee without her.
(c) She fled to America.
(d) Trains to Beregszasz stopped running.
5. How did Babi prepare for the holiday?
(a) Visiting with neighbors.
(b) Visiting the synagogue.
(c) Cooking, and cleaning the house.
(d) Praying and reading the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
2. What made Piri a favorite of her teacher's?
3. Who is Lajos?
4. How did the war affect Piri's father's position?
5. How did Piri's family celebrate Hanukkah?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)