|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
(a) Her parents had escaped.
(b) Komjaty was about to be shelled.
(c) Komjaty was not going to be attacked.
(d) The road to Beregszasz was closed.
2. What did Piri receive as a gift?
(a) A glass globe.
(b) A set of paints.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A book.
3. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Trains to Beregszasz stopped running.
(b) They had to flee without her.
(c) She fled to America.
(d) She crossed the border into Ukraine.
4. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
(a) The children did military drills instead of playing.
(b) Classes were smaller as children went to America or fled Europe.
(c) Some of the buildings had been turned into barracks.
(d) There were air attack drills all the time.
5. What did Babi ask the girls to do in anticipation of Piri's parents coming?
(a) Help her clean the house.
(b) Visit the synagogue.
(c) Catch chickens.
(d) Decorate the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
2. Why wasn't Babi impressed that Piri was a favorite of her teacher?
3. What did Mother give Piri now that she was in the city?
4. Who were the Hungarians fighting when Piri was on the farm?
5. What had Babi done to help Mother make this attempt?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)