|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Piri's disappointment tell her about the larger culture?
(a) The war had turned factories to military purposes.
(b) Anti-Semitism was increasing.
(c) There wasn't money for holidays.
(d) The war was destroying the factories.
2. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) She fled to America.
(b) Trains to Beregszasz stopped running.
(c) She crossed the border into Ukraine.
(d) They had to flee without her.
3. What political alliance took place at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) The U.S. joined Britain and France against Germany.
(b) Vichy France joined Germany against the Free Zone.
(c) Germany joined Japan against France and Britain.
(d) Hungary joined Germany against Russia.
4. Who is Farenc?
(a) A Hungarian policeman.
(b) Piri's brother.
(c) A German soldier.
(d) A Ukrainian soldier.
5. What does Farenc say about what Piri tells him?
(a) He was leaving soon.
(b) It was a good idea.
(c) It wouldn't change anything.
(d) His family is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
2. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
3. What was Mother's response to this incident?
4. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
5. Where were Father and Lajos at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)