|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piri's father say people treat him?
(a) They admire him because he is educated.
(b) They look down on him because he is Czech.
(c) They look up to him because he is Hungarian.
(d) They look up to him because he is Ukrainian.
2. What did Piri tell Farenc during the visit in Chapter 5?
(a) Her parents wanted to send her to America.
(b) She is her teacher's favorite at school.
(c) The Germans were rounding up Jews.
(d) The Germans were killing Jews.
3. What did Lilli tell Piri?
(a) The family was spending as much time as possible at her apartment outside the city.
(b) She and her husband were staying with the family frequently.
(c) She and her husband were getting a place of their own.
(d) The family was making plans to move.
4. What did Piri know about the political situation in 1939?
(a) She read histories and talked to people who had traveled, to see what they could tell her.
(b) She read a story about Jews being rounded up, but didn't understand the big picture.
(c) She followed the papers, and tried to understand everything she could.
(d) She was too young to know anything about the political situation.
5. How did Piri hear from her parents?
(a) Her grandmother got a telegram from her mother.
(b) A messenger brought a letter.
(c) Her grandfather got a messenger by passenger pigeon.
(d) Her father showed up in Komjaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the farm a few weeks after Piri's new sister is born?
2. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
3. What was Mother's connection to Mrs. Gerber?
4. Where were Father and Lajos at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. Where was Mrs. Gerber's daughter?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)