|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
(a) There were air attack drills all the time.
(b) Some of the buildings had been turned into barracks.
(c) Classes were smaller as children went to America or fled Europe.
(d) The children did military drills instead of playing.
2. How does Piri characterize her mother's state of mind on returning home in Chapter 8?
3. What did Lilli tell Piri?
(a) She and her husband were staying with the family frequently.
(b) She and her husband were getting a place of their own.
(c) The family was spending as much time as possible at her apartment outside the city.
(d) The family was making plans to move.
4. Who were the Hungarians fighting when Piri was on the farm?
5. What was Mother's connection to Mrs. Gerber?
(a) They taught in the same school.
(b) They worked in the same factory.
(c) Mrs. Gerber's husband was in the same battalion as Father.
(d) They knew each other from childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farenc suggest in addition to what Piri told him?
2. What did Piri receive as a gift?
3. What happened when Farenc and reaction saw each other the first time?
4. Who is the narrator?
5. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)