|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
(a) She adjusted quickly.
(b) She could not quite adjust.
(c) She adjusted painfully.
(d) She adjusted reluctantly.
2. What was Piri's routine while her father was away?
(a) She took care of Joli.
(b) She took care of Molcha.
(c) She worked in the fields.
(d) She went to school.
3. What does Babi beg of Piri's mother?
(a) To split the family up.
(b) To send the children to America.
(c) To take the children with her.
(d) To come stay with her and Piri.
4. Who is the narrator?
5. When did Babi hear that Piri's parents were coming?
(d) Rosh Hashanah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Piri characterize her mother's state of mind on returning home in Chapter 8?
2. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
3. What made Piri ill?
4. Where did Rozsi walk with Piri?
5. What was Mother's connection to Mrs. Gerber?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)