|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Babi prepare for the holiday?
(a) Cooking, and cleaning the house.
(b) Visiting the synagogue.
(c) Visiting with neighbors.
(d) Praying and reading the Bible.
2. What did Piri overhear when she was in bed after the incident?
(a) Lilli arguing against going to America.
(b) Lilli getting hysterical about the war.
(c) Mother lamenting the fact that it was too late to escape now.
(d) Mother confessed that she should have sent the children to America.
3. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) She fled to America.
(b) Trains to Beregszasz stopped running.
(c) She crossed the border into Ukraine.
(d) They had to flee without her.
4. What did Piri get to do when she arrived in Beregszasz?
(a) Go back to school.
(b) Hold her sister.
(c) Take care of the animals.
(d) Work for the family.
5. How did Piri's family celebrate Hanukkah?
(a) They lit some candles then gave up.
(b) They prayed fervently for a similar miracle.
(c) They didn't observer Hanukkah.
(d) They observed it in detail, for the sake of the absent men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Piri characterize her adjustment to life in Beregszasz?
2. What did Piri see in the river the morning after the battle?
3. What festivities did Babi prepare for, in spite of the fact that family wouldn't be able to gather?
4. What did Piri tell Farenc during the visit in Chapter 5?
5. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)