|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
(a) The children did military drills instead of playing.
(b) Classes were smaller as children went to America or fled Europe.
(c) Some of the buildings had been turned into barracks.
(d) There were air attack drills all the time.
2. What did Piri tell Farenc during the visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The Germans were rounding up Jews.
(b) The Germans were killing Jews.
(c) She is her teacher's favorite at school.
(d) Her parents wanted to send her to America.
3. Why was Piri cut off from her family at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) She fled to America.
(b) She crossed the border into Ukraine.
(c) They had to flee without her.
(d) Trains to Beregszasz stopped running.
4. How was Piri soothed after she saw frightening things?
(a) She went horseback riding.
(b) She was sent to Komjaty.
(c) Her grandmother made her a snack.
(d) She went to sleep.
5. How does Piri characterize her mother's state of mind on returning home in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the Hungarians fighting when Piri was on the farm?
2. Who went back with Mother after the holiday?
3. Who is Rozsi?
4. Who is Molcha?
5. What political alliance took place at the end of Chapter 9?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)