|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait without seeing their husbands?
(a) Almost a week.
(b) A couple of weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) More than a week.
2. What did Piri tell Farenc during the visit in Chapter 5?
(a) Her parents wanted to send her to America.
(b) The Germans were rounding up Jews.
(c) She is her teacher's favorite at school.
(d) The Germans were killing Jews.
3. What had Mother failed to do when she came home at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Get the police to condemn the Anti-Semites' attack.
(b) Make money.
(c) Secure passage to the country for the children.
(d) Secure visas for America.
4. What does Babi beg of Piri's mother?
(a) To take the children with her.
(b) To split the family up.
(c) To come stay with her and Piri.
(d) To send the children to America.
5. What did Mother blame herself for?
(a) Not having left sooner.
(b) Not having seen this coming.
(c) Not having kept Lilli closer to home.
(d) Not having wanted to know that this was happening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mother and Mrs. Gerber wait for their men?
2. What did Mother give Piri now that she was in the city?
3. How does Piri characterize her mother's state of mind on returning home in Chapter 8?
4. What did Piri expect her future to look like?
5. Who is Molcha?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)