|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when the boys chased Piri and Iboya?
(a) A policeman chased the boys away.
(b) They escaped.
(c) The boys caught them but didn't hurt them.
(d) They were beaten.
2. What did Mother do as soon as she got Piri home?
(a) Wash her.
(b) Feed her.
(c) Lecture her about how life had changed.
(d) Ask her about everything.
3. Where did Mother take the woman?
(a) To the country.
(b) Mrs. Silverman's house.
(c) Mrs. Gerber's house.
(d) To the police.
4. Where did Mother take a telephone call?
(a) The Police station.
(b) The train station.
(c) The telephone office.
5. How does Piri say the school routine changed in 1941?
(a) The children did military drills instead of playing.
(b) Some of the buildings had been turned into barracks.
(c) Classes were smaller as children went to America or fled Europe.
(d) There were air attack drills all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lajos?
2. What did mother express concern over?
3. What did Mother do for the Yiddish-speaking stranger?
4. What did Mother prepare for Father's visit?
5. How did the war affect Piri's father's position?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)